Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:37:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830534 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11360 on: February 18, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »

u can just reorder it tomorrow night. encore all day/week
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11361 on: February 18, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »

One thing about this PPV was stupid.

I know I am being nitpicky but oh well:

Why would JBL clothesline HHH and stop him from Pedigreeing Chris Jericho?

I never understood the logic in matches like this and Battle Royals when a guy saves another guy from being eliminated.

I can understand JBL saving Umaga since they were the only heels but why would he save jericho?

D's Wrestling Match of the week goes to:  Scott Steiner vs Petey Williams.   DL it. It was excellent.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11362 on: February 18, 2008, 11:21:13 PM »

u can just reorder it tomorrow night. encore all day/week

i would but i don't think i wanna pay $40+ for something i already know the out comes of. If i have to i'll buy it for $10 at best buy when it comes out, i know they do that for big time PPVs hopefully they do that for this one so i can buy it or rent it.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11363 on: February 18, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »

just download it and leave your pc running all night and when you wake up ill be done
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #11364 on: February 18, 2008, 11:31:15 PM »

wow i HATE that floyd guy allready

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11365 on: February 19, 2008, 03:15:47 AM »

Peace

Yeah, If Vince was bringing him in as a face, that was stupid cause the guy is one of the most hated athletes ever.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11366 on: February 20, 2008, 09:33:37 AM »

Peace

Yeah, If Vince was bringing him in as a face, that was stupid cause the guy is one of the most hated athletes ever.
Yep here in Grand Rapids, MI (his hometown) TWICE by 2 different women has he goen to trial for assualting them, one of them his baby's momma. But for some reason both times by both women they dropped the charges against him and wouldn't testify against him, he literally has bought off his charges

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11367 on: February 21, 2008, 04:41:50 PM »

i'd love to be a downloading motherfucker but my computer is really slow when it comes to torrents believe me i've tried Sad

Torrents can be like that... I downloaded the ppv from www.warez-bb.org It helps if you have a rapidshare account, but you can get one for a few quid a month. Everything that can take an age torrenting (brand new episodes, rare stuff) takes a few minutes, because all of the links are through filesharing sites.

Actually, that said about rapidshare, I think that the guy who puts the wresting up uses more than one filesharing site, ie. ones that don't have a limit like rapidshare does.

Give it a bash! I use it for everything these days.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11368 on: February 21, 2008, 04:44:41 PM »

www.xtremewrestlingtorrents.net is the best site to DL from

Watch this video of Sid breaking his shit against Scott Steiner

This is SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt77_08Ea10&feature=related

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #11369 on: February 24, 2008, 02:25:11 PM »

You gotta love Floyd, lifestyle FLASHY

That's a hatrick for Doull
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11370 on: February 25, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »

Mayweather to get $20 million to wrestle

LOS ANGELES - Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a champion boxer and has tested his moves on "Dancing With the Stars." Now the man many consider the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is preparing to drop the gloves and do some wrasslin.'

A $20 million payday awaits the undefeated WBC welterweight champion when he takes on Big Show as part of WWE's "WrestleMania XXIV" at Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla., on March 30.

"It's entertainment. You have a chance to just be you and do what you want to do," Mayweather said Monday after a chaotic Staples Center event that masqueraded as a news conference.

The boxer nicknamed "Money" clearly likes the way WWE does business.

"Wrestling takes care of business right on the spot," Mayweather said. "Whatever they say they're going to do, they do it right on the spot. There's no waiting three, four, five months. Quick results, quick money. Quick big money, too."

His manager Leonard Ellerbee and WWE executive Shane McMahon confirmed Mayweather's eight-figure payday for the outdoor match to be shown on live on pay-per-view.

Mayweather incited the couple hundred of already hyped fans at Staples Center by whipping out a thick wad of cash and repeatedly tossing $100, $50 and $20 bills into the crowd that had nearly as many women as men.

A mad scramble ensued, with a light pole nearly getting knocked over and two small children caught in the chaos. One lucky man emerged from the pileup clutching six $100 bills.

Mayweather played to the frenzied crowd after appearing from behind a black curtain wearing a New York Yankees jacket and cap. Fans shouted insults and the name of hometown hero Oscar De La Hoya at Mayweather.

"I run Vegas and I run L.A. and I will run the WWE," he boasted.

At 5-foot-8, 150 pounds, Mayweather gives up big numbers to the bald Big Show, who stands 7-feet and weighs 430.

"I weigh three times as much as he does," Big Show crowed. "It's not fair, but I'm a businessman and I see an opportunity for business."

Then he picked up the wooden podium and tossed it to the floor, where it splintered and the attached two mics lay like broken sticks. Clearly, Staples Center officials hadn't expected the move.

Mayweather hopped onto a chair and exchanged glares with Big Show while WWE regulars Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H and Edge looked on, witnessing a newcomer who clearly understands the theatrics of modern-day wrestling.

"WWE is the biggest it gets," Mayweather said. "This is going to be an event like none other."

Ellerbee scoffed that hard-core boxing fans won't take Mayweather seriously after his WWE antics.

"After March 30, when Floyd goes out and takes care of his business at WrestleMania, he's still going to be the best fighter in the world and the face of boxing," he said. "Tell me what changes about that? Nothing changes."

The wrestling gig is another part of Ellerbee's carefully crafted plan to expand Mayweather's fan base.

"Either I'm going to be a genius with this or I'm the biggest idiot," he said. "Boxers have such a short window of opportunity. He can't become any bigger in boxing."

That's why Ellerbee snagged Mayweather a spot on ABC's reality hit "Dancing With the Stars." Mayweather didn't win the disco ball trophy, but he wasn't the first one voted off, either.

"It crossed him over and took him into the households of many middle-aged Middle Americans and turned him into a mainstream superstar," Ellerbee said. "Now when Floyd goes into the grocery store, the first thing 65-year-old ladies say is, `You're Floyd from `Dancing With the Stars.'"

Mayweather plans to train with WWE Latino star Ray Mysterio, who wears a mask on his face.

"I'm outside the box," he said, lapsing into the third person. "Floyd Mayweather is not just a fighter, he's an entertainer. That's what the world must know."

But he hasn't forgotten his night job.

Mayweather alluded to a possible rematch with De La Hoya in September. De La Hoya lost a split decision in their last bout May 5.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080226/ap_on_sp_bo_ne/box_wrestling_mayweather_1

--This is interesting...interesting that WWE thinks Mayweather is so marketable...the guy is one of the most hated athletes in the world....Who thinks by Wrestlemania it will be a heel Mayweather vs. a face Big Show? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11371 on: February 25, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »

ok HHH said that he'd call the match that would be most benifishiary to HIM so WHY in the HELL would he alow fucking cena to win? why not fuck him up then leave him for Ortan. Now the dumbass has even worse odds going into WM being in a three way and i am SICK and TIRED of cenas face and three way matches for the title.

Wrestling is REALLY starting to piss me off these days, i really hope it gets good sooner or later

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11372 on: February 26, 2008, 02:07:20 AM »

who cares we all know HHH is gonna win
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11373 on: February 26, 2008, 01:44:56 PM »

nah .. i think Cena will win... then Kennedy takes out Cena as Cena goes to finish his movie. Maybe HHH helps take out Cena turning heel as everyone seems to want.

oh boy - how lame will it be to have HBK take out Ric flair... isnt HBK going to retire soon too? what then - another lame run like how flair just had.. this time it'll be who takes out HBK .. Roll Eyes

Hope Lashley has a run in at tna.
Missed Angle vs Booker T on impact ... hope he did his 'going beastiality on sharmell' thing he did awhile back on smachdown - that was soo f'ing nasty comment Angle  made
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11374 on: February 26, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »

Why the fuck would Vince pay Floyd Mayweather 20 million dollars?  The guy is not that big of a draw. The reason his fight with De La Hoya got 2 million buys was mainly due to De La Hoya.

Mayweather isnt a big guy or a big puncher and he wins almost all his fights by decision............... Its not like Mike Tyson in his prime vs Big Show.

No one is gonna believe that Mayweather could beat up a guy as big as the Big Show. The only chance a 150 pound guy could beat a 430 pound guy is if they were extremely, extremely skilled at Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11375 on: February 26, 2008, 02:46:10 PM »

... Or he got an early shot to the bollocks in.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11376 on: February 26, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »

who cares we all know HHH is gonna win

Indeed

...and who knows that better than the man making the matches

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11377 on: February 27, 2008, 12:38:54 AM »

I think everyone knows Triple H has got to win the match, I am wondering if it will be a face Triple H beating orton, or a HEEL Triple H taking out Cena for the title, Cena goes and does another shotty movie.

On to Mayweather. I can't see him being the Heel I think WWE will do whatever they can to make him come over as a face.

Putting him with the biggest babyface they have in mysterio (Even after Mayweather mocked mexicans in his entrance to the De la hoya match wearing a big sobraro)

Floyd and his agent want to sell him as a face so Floyd can exploit "his short window of opportunity" to score big bucks. If he comes out of WM as a Face he could be selling future boxing matches as a face.

FOR ME: I find it hard to see Floyd as a babyface. Besides his woman beating. Everytime he is on WWE he has his "posse" of thugs around him. How can you be this great standup guy who is suppose to be a face when you got 8-10 thugs around you all the time. A true small star baby face wouldnt need his thugs around him or need them to pretend to pull him back from show.

Anyone else think that his $20 million dollar payday could be kayfabe? I mean at $50 a PPV buy $20,000,000 divided by $50 buy Floyd would have to bring in 400,000 EXTRA buys from non ppv buyers to break even right? I can't see him selling 400,000 extra buys when like mentioned before the 2 million buys for his REAL fight against De La Hoya, Oscar was the one bringing in the fans as he draws really well for all his ppvs.

I just hope they don't have Big Show coming back after being gone a year doing a job match against Floyd, I mean that would ruin his big comeback after loosing 108 lbs. and getting into shape and make him look like jobber that would not be good for his career. Hell make it a really good match and switch it from wrestling into a exhibition boxing match. Have Floyd the best pound for pound boxer go against a larger butterbean wannabee in the Big show. Now that is something I would buy

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11378 on: February 27, 2008, 09:07:45 AM »

Why do they put Big Show in all these crazy matches? rememeber that sumo thing a few years back?

Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy was one of the best matches I've seen in a very very long time. absolutely awesome 4 star caliber match.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11379 on: February 27, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »

am i the only one waiting for mayweather to turn heel? cos am sure i read he was one of the most hated men in sports

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: