Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831480 times)
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11180 on: January 12, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »

and doesn't have to deal with Umaga.

god forbid he sees his cousin!

and its pronounced umanga!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11181 on: January 12, 2008, 08:00:09 PM »

Ok do we have any early predictions for the Royal Rumble Winner?

I'm hoping its not Taker or Batista.

but who does that leave? the only people i can see winning it are Flair, MVP, Kennedy, a returning lashley or god forbid Hornswoggle or HBK.

Just cant think of definate winner this year. Usually its pretty obvious.

Maybe my mind is forgetting someone.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11182 on: January 12, 2008, 08:10:43 PM »

bob lashley perhaps?

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11183 on: January 12, 2008, 08:45:23 PM »

Taker

Batista

Triple H
(Come on, we ALL know he'll find a way into the match!)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11184 on: January 12, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »

Taker

Batista

Triple H

yep those are pretty much my guesses for this aswell

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11185 on: January 13, 2008, 12:09:32 AM »

Taker

Batista

Triple H

I really hope its not Batista or Taker . . i wouldn't mind HHH but i find it hard to see how he can get in the match now. and i really would have preferred a HHH vs Cena rematch. From what i understand there is gonna be a RAW elimination chamber match at No Way Out so i can see HHH winning that for a title shot. That match could be awesome HHH vs Y2J vs JBL vs Jeff Hardy vs Kennedy vs Umaga or HBK or Lashley (so many options)

I was kinda hoping we might see someone new win it but with the champions as they are it seems a Face has to win it. I would prefer Lashley than taker or Batista but i think whoever wins will probally take on Edge making way for HHH to fight Orton.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 12:24:44 AM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

Rasputin
« Reply #11186 on: January 13, 2008, 05:00:36 AM »

but who does that leave? the only people i can see winning it are Flair, MVP, Kennedy, a returning lashley or god forbid Hornswoggle or HBK.

hey!  what would be wrong with HBK?!
i was kinda rootin for him (i know better then to actually think he could, but one could hope)
if Hornswoggle won i would seek out and bludgeon Vince McMahon personally  Angry 
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11187 on: January 13, 2008, 05:22:08 AM »

hey!? what would be wrong with HBK?!

Well aside from the fact that he bores me to death as he has wrestled pretty much the same matches for 10 years. He has had his chances recently and came up short against Cena and came up short against Orton and now is coming up short against Kennedy it wouldn't make sense to throw him in to the main event as to be honest i think he has dropped below the level of Main Eventer. Recently wwe has done a  great job of bringing up new guys to challenge for the title, HBK winning the rumble would undo all that hard work.

The best thing that can happen to HBK now is to shove him over to Smackdown to feud with the impressive MVP. Maybe he could have the last title run he wants so bad over there. But i doubt his ego would let him leave RAW coz he wont be with his bummer HHH and the security that brings him and the thought of being on the B show would probally kill him.

I think i'd prefer Hornswoggle to win ok

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11188 on: January 13, 2008, 05:32:05 AM »

Apprantly the former champion returning is The Big Show!

I liked the Big Show and glad to see him back

[/color]

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11189 on: January 13, 2008, 07:34:49 AM »

dear....god.....no

The man cant wrestle - the man is FAT

...well if he's dumped on ECW or Smackdown that wont be so bad

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11190 on: January 13, 2008, 07:35:39 AM »

The film was written by Dan Kunk and will be directed by Renny Harlin (Die Hard 2, Nightmare on Elm Street 4). It's set to be released on September 5th, 2008[/i]

Lol - doesnt take much to work out how good this film will be then! hihi rofl

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11191 on: January 13, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »

dear....god.....no

The dude's actually dropped a load of weight and he's meant to be in the best shape he's been in for years, in his WCW days the dude could wrestle hell he could even Moonsault off the top.............
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11192 on: January 13, 2008, 10:34:36 AM »

I really liked The Big Show when him and The Undertaker were a tag team back in the Attitude era.

Here's hoping the WWE brings Gangrel back someday.

He was a wicked athlete, plagued by a fucked shoulder beer
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 10:50:23 AM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11193 on: January 13, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »

dear....god.....no

The dude's actually dropped a load of weight and he's meant to be in the best shape he's been in for years, in his WCW days the dude could wrestle hell he could even Moonsault off the top.............
I'm assuming Big Show will return in the Royal Rumble Match,  by eliminating The Great Khali or something. After all, the report says he's due back very soon. I'm curious to see the shape he's in. If the report is accurate, he should be better than ever and should be capable of doing more things now. When he left the WWECW about a year back, he was in terrible shape, and his matches were equally as bad. You've got to wonder though, that dropping from 510 lbs to 440 should be a HUGE improvement in his ability.

I think it should be a good return, and I hope they change his persona and make him a credible big guy again. Paul "The Great" White sounds about right.  yes

The best thing that can happen to HBK now is to shove him over to Smackdown to feud with the impressive MVP. Maybe he could have the last title run he wants so bad over there. But i doubt his ego would let him leave RAW coz he wont be with his bummer HHH and the security that brings him and the thought of being on the B show would probally kill him.

That will never happen.
HBK will always be on Raw.
Remember the time Batista had to forfit the title due to injury and they had a battle royal later that night, were Kurt Angle jumped over to Smackdown and won the title? Well HBK was actually first in line for that slot but declined because with the Smackdown schedule, he would miss church....and no...thats not a joke.  no
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 10:56:46 AM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11194 on: January 13, 2008, 06:06:16 PM »

I was just checking out the Royal Rumble information on WWE and noticed they don't mention the 2004 Rumble, this was a period when I wasn't watching did they have a rumble that year. Or is it a case where Chris Beniot won so they wont mention it?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11195 on: January 13, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

I was just checking out the Royal Rumble information on WWE and noticed they don't mention the 2004 Rumble, this was a period when I wasn't watching did they have a rumble that year. Or is it a case where Chris Beniot won so they wont mention it?

They had a royal rumble in 04 so I am sure it is because Chris Benoit won.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11196 on: January 13, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »

Got the "Best of CM Punk" the other day for ?4.97, bargain considering it's 4 hours.  Obviously it's Pre-WWE so it should have some quality matches, not watched it yet though.

Oh and in my endless quest to collect all WWE Events on DVD I got the Tagged Classics set In Your House 13 & 16, oddly enough they released these a few years back randomly, now that I have 11 & 12 and 14 & 15, it went without sayin' I had to purchase this sooner or later.  Just got done watching IYH13 and it's a solid event.  The undercard is nothing too special, the best match being Owen & Bulldog vs Lafon/Furnas (These guys had great matches they were just berefit of charisma) marred only by a cheap finish.  The Main Event though is class.  It's the "Final Four", 'Taker, Austin, Bret & Vader and it's an all out brawl, goes for 25+ mins and it's exciting from start to finish, even Vader looked good and at this point in his career that was a rarity.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11197 on: January 14, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »

Oh and in my endless quest to collect all WWE Events on DVD I got the Tagged Classics set In Your House 13 & 16, oddly enough they released these a few years back randomly, now that I have 11 & 12 and 14 & 15, it went without sayin' I had to purchase this sooner or later.  Just got done watching IYH13 and it's a solid event.  The undercard is nothing too special, the best match being Owen & Bulldog vs Lafon/Furnas (These guys had great matches they were just berefit of charisma) marred only by a cheap finish.  The Main Event though is class.  It's the "Final Four", 'Taker, Austin, Bret & Vader and it's an all out brawl, goes for 25+ mins and it's exciting from start to finish, even Vader looked good and at this point in his career that was a rarity.

I seem to remember Vader being busted open badly in that match but maybe it wasn't as bloody as I think.

That event also has Rocky Maivia VS. Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Strange to think that 4 years later, they'd be the two biggest stars in the company...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11198 on: January 14, 2008, 12:02:33 PM »

I seem to remember Vader being busted open badly in that match but maybe it wasn't as bloody as I think.

That event also has Rocky Maivia VS. Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Strange to think that 4 years later, they'd be the two biggest stars in the company...

Yeah Vader did, quite a sight considering they rarely bladed in the E back then.

Heck, take that battle between Trips and Rock at that point they both sucked, the posh one vs. the hated babyface, 14-15 months later they were having that classic Ladder Match at Summerslam.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11199 on: January 14, 2008, 06:45:45 PM »

Does anyone remember The Ultimate Warrior no selling the Pedigree . . . haha. I bet trips was pissed at that.

On another note not sure if any of you play TEW07, well TEW08 is out in June and is looking set to be the best game yet.

If you people are looking for a amazing wrestling booking game this is it. Go to www.greydogsoftware.com its pretty amazing but i'd wait to get 08 coz that gonna be special.

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: