Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:11:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831776 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11140 on: January 06, 2008, 08:19:49 AM »

Kurt Angle is probably one of the most entertaining aspects of the company and with them has had somewhat of a career resurgence.  His matches and promo's have been top, true he has dominated for TOO long and focus has been lost on other aspects, but that's not down to him, that's down to poor writing, things have gone sour since Vince Russo came in, most of TNA's problems are down to him, not Angle.

Dustin Runnels as Black Reign, he's out of shape and past his prime and getting so much tv time is stupid, but he's a good friend of Russo's.

X-Division has been lost in the mix, there was a point where a title match of theirs could MAIN EVENT a PPV.

Chris Harris is a heel now because he's annoyed at being ignored, how does that work?

TNA are tryin' to appeal to everyone, one minute they are extreme hardcore blood, tacks and demons, next Eric Young is waiting for Santa Claus to show up...

....As I've mentioned before, TNA have this obsession with trying to protect EVERYONE on the card so most matches finish via, interference, cheap roll up, or a referee bump or a combination of all three, it's like the return of the Attitude Era.

And in a need to be different they have created so of the WORST match types ever.  I thought the Reverse Battle Royal was bad, but they beat that with "Feast or Fired?", and you had to wait 2 weeks to find out the damn results, which were presented like it was a damn tv quiz show, it was TNA meets Deal or No Deal.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11141 on: January 06, 2008, 10:47:20 AM »

I never got to catch up on their reverse battle royal what was the concept of it and who won it?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11142 on: January 06, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »

I never got to catch up on their reverse battle royal what was the concept of it and who won it?
Wel they've had at least 2 now, I think Eric Young won one.  Basically, everyone (Say 20 wrestlers) Start outside the ring.  The first 10 to get in the ring get to take part in the Battle Royal (It's backwards you see).  Stupidly though, rather than everyone diving into the ring, they fight amongst themselves.  Then when the 10 are in the bell rings and a normal Battle Royal takes place.  Until 2 are left and it becomes a normal match.  Very dumb, why be different, what's wrong with a normal battle royal, everyone loves 'em!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11143 on: January 06, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »

i started watching TNA but then one week i'd forget and as soon as i'd know it it'd be like 3 or 4 weeks before i'd think ohh shit TNA's on. I think its because most of what ever good matches they have are always on PPV. And they have like 3 or 4 of those a month don't they?

peace

I don't think so.

TNA has some great matches but personally as soon as Angle went there it kinda lost its appeal to me. TNA was the company where people like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were stars and they were stars because of what they'd done in TNA. And they took stars like Christian who just couldn't break through in WWE and gave him the platform to produce what even people in WWE knew he could really.

I know there was Jarrett and Sting too but Jarrett is there coz he owns it and Sting was there coz he is getting on and didn't want to go to WWE. The X-Division was their selling point and gave wrestlers a chance to showcase and if you were good enough they clapped and your progress was almost fan powered.

But the problem was that when Angle came in . . the company started to revolve around him. People like Christopher Daniels, Abyss, AJ Styles and even Samoa Joe to a certain degree got lost in the shuffle. They even turned AJ Styles Heel which was a mistake. And even worse made mini stables and alliances. So now People like AJ Styles had gone from Top Babyface and the main excitment on the card to either a Christian Cage lackey or Kurt Angle Lackey . . . and then when they realised what they'd done they teamed him with WWE reject Tomko (who himself was a Cage Lackey and gave them the Tag Team titles.

Evidence of my point is this. Since Angle has arrived he has gone over Samoa Joe (Previously TNA's Biggest Star) in a feud, Held all TNA titles at one time and named the Official 1st TNA World champion (New belts since they moved from NWA titles). I know that didn't sit well with fans and wrestlers alike, especially due to the feeling that if it wasn't for other workers putting TNA on the map Angle wouldn't have even considered TNA as a option. He has basically held the title now since early June (although Sting did have a 2-day reign).

Anyway this has turned into a rant. My point is . . for better or worse (and that is opinion) TNA is no bigger threat to WWE today as it was before and personally i think their product has reduced in quality since Angle arrived.

But even worse than that i really believe that Samoa Joe and AJ Styles have lost momentum and credibillity while the show revolves around Angle.

My advice to people is stick with WWE

good post. i agree with what you said about angle and how its more of a threat to WWE than it ever used to be. Even though i don't watch TNA much i remember when it used to be on Fox sports Net around the noonish hours.

Any one think that Vince will recognize the threat that TNA has on the WWE and we'll have a repeat of what we had with the WWE vs. WCW and ECW? i think that'd be pretty cool (perhaps give a chance to re-enterduce THE ROCK) they'd give Vince quite the run for his money because i think its quite evident that they wouldn't want to go back to work for Vince because really TNA is made up of people who really can't stand Vince and are sick of his bullshit.

am i wrong?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11144 on: January 06, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »

i started watching TNA but then one week i'd forget and as soon as i'd know it it'd be like 3 or 4 weeks before i'd think ohh shit TNA's on. I think its because most of what ever good matches they have are always on PPV. And they have like 3 or 4 of those a month don't they?

peace

The ROCK will never come back to wrestling. He has said it himself that part of his life is over. He didnt come to to 15th anniversay show and he doesn't need the money since he is making good money doing movies, He would also never go to TNA they couldnt ever pay him enough money and he still is on decent terms with Vince and wouldnt do that to vince.

I think Vince knows TNA is a small threat already, basically if you look at the WWE site or their announcers they will make no effort or give credit to any wrestler who has wrestled in TNA, the last star they signed from TNA they mention his football background, and didnt mention anything about his wrestling past as he did wrestle in TNA.

Believe it or not it would be good to have that rivally then. Back Then Nitro and WWF were getting combined ratings numbers of 6-7.0 now they average 3-3.5, the 15th anniversary show only did 4.1 here in the states.

I used to like the brand split because you never seen wrestlers wrestling on the other show, now the announcers act show when someone shows up on the wrong show, then they went and basically combined Smackdown with ECW as wrestlers wrestle on both shows.
I don't think so.

TNA has some great matches but personally as soon as Angle went there it kinda lost its appeal to me. TNA was the company where people like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were stars and they were stars because of what they'd done in TNA. And they took stars like Christian who just couldn't break through in WWE and gave him the platform to produce what even people in WWE knew he could really.

I know there was Jarrett and Sting too but Jarrett is there coz he owns it and Sting was there coz he is getting on and didn't want to go to WWE. The X-Division was their selling point and gave wrestlers a chance to showcase and if you were good enough they clapped and your progress was almost fan powered.

But the problem was that when Angle came in . . the company started to revolve around him. People like Christopher Daniels, Abyss, AJ Styles and even Samoa Joe to a certain degree got lost in the shuffle. They even turned AJ Styles Heel which was a mistake. And even worse made mini stables and alliances. So now People like AJ Styles had gone from Top Babyface and the main excitment on the card to either a Christian Cage lackey or Kurt Angle Lackey . . . and then when they realised what they'd done they teamed him with WWE reject Tomko (who himself was a Cage Lackey and gave them the Tag Team titles.

Evidence of my point is this. Since Angle has arrived he has gone over Samoa Joe (Previously TNA's Biggest Star) in a feud, Held all TNA titles at one time and named the Official 1st TNA World champion (New belts since they moved from NWA titles). I know that didn't sit well with fans and wrestlers alike, especially due to the feeling that if it wasn't for other workers putting TNA on the map Angle wouldn't have even considered TNA as a option. He has basically held the title now since early June (although Sting did have a 2-day reign).

Anyway this has turned into a rant. My point is . . for better or worse (and that is opinion) TNA is no bigger threat to WWE today as it was before and personally i think their product has reduced in quality since Angle arrived.

But even worse than that i really believe that Samoa Joe and AJ Styles have lost momentum and credibillity while the show revolves around Angle.

My advice to people is stick with WWE

good post. i agree with what you said about angle and how its more of a threat to WWE than it ever used to be. Even though i don't watch TNA much i remember when it used to be on Fox sports Net around the noonish hours.

Any one think that Vince will recognize the threat that TNA has on the WWE and we'll have a repeat of what we had with the WWE vs. WCW and ECW? i think that'd be pretty cool (perhaps give a chance to re-enterduce THE ROCK) they'd give Vince quite the run for his money because i think its quite evident that they wouldn't want to go back to work for Vince because really TNA is made up of people who really can't stand Vince and are sick of his bullshit.

am i wrong?

peace

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11145 on: January 06, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »

....As I've mentioned before, TNA have this obsession with trying to protect EVERYONE on the card so most matches finish via, interference, cheap roll up, or a referee bump or a combination of all three, it's like the return of the Attitude Era.

glad u mentioned that,

People diss WWE, but we now get matches with clean winners - honestly, when did that ever happen in the past?

Even now i'm shocked when a match ends cleanly......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11146 on: January 07, 2008, 09:13:19 AM »

Royal Rumble Competitors In/Out

In

Snitsky (Defeated Drew McIntyre at House Show)
Hardcore Holly (Defeated Trevor Murdoch at House Show)
Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang (Defeated John Morrison & The Miz at House Show)
John Morrison & The Miz (Defeated Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang at House Show)
Umaga (Defeated Hacksaw Jim Duggan on RAW)

Out
Drew McIntyre
Trevor Murdoch
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Triple H
(Lost to Ric Flair)

Nice little novelty, having qualifying matches at house shows, bit crap have rematches and given people second chances though Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 09:18:55 AM by Hammy » Logged
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11147 on: January 07, 2008, 10:34:34 AM »

With the royal rumble comeing up, which i love? ok, wrestle mania is just a short time away. I usually like wrestlemania on a whole and since you guys were giving match-ups you'd like to see I though i would throw in my wrestlemania match-ups using the current roster. I threw out who has what titles and any injuries. I dont care change it somehow just give me these matchups.? rofl

Edge vs. Taker. Streak vs. Streak for the world title---Ya its been done but I still wanna see this match at wrestlemania.

HHH vs. Kennedy for the wwe title---Fuck the batista shit, keep him out wrestlemania period. I'm sick of him.? rofl Ortan is getting stale, he has no animation. Give kennedy a damn push already, and stop making him a glorified mid-carder. I think he's ready to face the big man. Plus I just love the KENNEDY! shit.? hihi

HBK vs. Jericho---They had this match at wrestlemania a few years ago and liked it. They should do it again.

Hardy vs. Hardy---TLC Match for the IC title or For no title, who cares this match would just be awesome.? ok

MITB Ladder match---MVP vs. JBL vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. DH Smith vs. Carlito vs. Elijah Burke

CM Punk vs. Tommy Dreamer for the ECW Title---Give me old school vs. New school and make it a real extreme match.

Flair vs. Ortan----I dont really want to see flair period anymore but what the fuck, it gives Flair the needed pop to go out on and just make Ortan Vinces lackey.

Tag Team turmoil for unified tag titles---Duece/domino vs. Rhodes/Holly vs. Londrick vs. Cade/Murdoch.

Rey Mysterio vs. Jimmy Wang Yang for the bringing back of the Cruiserweight Title----Make this damn division like the X-division WAS in TNA..would be so badass.? ok

WTF, throw in Hogan vs. Stone Cold---Make this match hogans and Austin's last..it may not be good but i would like for nostalgic reasons.

Have the women trot and do something half naked, i dont care what, and it will give me a piss break and a time too see hot chicks.? rofl? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11148 on: January 07, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »

I'd love to see Triple H vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania again smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11149 on: January 07, 2008, 01:08:53 PM »

my perfect wrestlemania would be

Morrison V Jimmy Wang Yang

Chris Jericho V CM Punk (either been heel)

Santino Marella V suprise superstar THE ROCK

Londrick V Hardyz V Cody/Holly V Deuce And Domino V Shelton Bejiman and Elija Burk (in a ladder match)

Undertaker V Edge

HHH V Kennedy

Orton V HBK V RVD (street fight)

Funaki V Batista (funaki wins)

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11150 on: January 07, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »

I can imagine Batista's reaction at the creative meeting for that one.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11151 on: January 07, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »

I can imagine Batista's reaction at the creative meeting for that one.

i know Cheesy mwahahahaha

Rasputin
« Reply #11152 on: January 08, 2008, 02:15:13 AM »

hahaha!
wouldnt that be an interesting wrestlemania, the only thing id have to change is Yang to Moore!!
gotta have Moore there!!

but how cool would that be to see Funaki of all people beat Batista!

anyway
i gotta agree TNA is going WAY down hill, but i think you missed my point
everyone was hoping for Sting to come in at Wrestlemania and he's not with WWE
TNA is seriously hurting right now, i dont think hardly anyone watches it anymore  stores are dropping their merch!

back to WWE, i really hope they give Shannon Moore a good push at Wrestlemania
i really like him, Morrison too,  i hate to see him lose but its worth it to see Shannon win!
Rasputin
« Reply #11153 on: January 08, 2008, 02:33:05 AM »

Edge vs. Taker. Streak vs. Streak for the world title---Ya its been done but I still wanna see this match at wrestlemania.

HHH vs. Kennedy for the wwe title---Fuck the batista shit, keep him out wrestlemania period. I'm sick of him.? rofl Ortan is getting stale, he has no animation. Give kennedy a damn push already, and stop making him a glorified mid-carder. I think he's ready to face the big man. Plus I just love the KENNEDY! shit.? hihi

Hardy vs. Hardy---TLC Match for the IC title or For no title, who cares this match would just be awesome.? ok

Flair vs. Ortan----I dont really want to see flair period anymore but what the fuck, it gives Flair the needed pop to go out on and just make Ortan Vinces lackey.

Tag Team turmoil for unified tag titles---Duece/domino vs. Rhodes/Holly vs. Londrick vs. Cade/Murdoch.

Rey Mysterio vs. Jimmy Wang Yang for the bringing back of the Cruiserweight Title----Make this damn division like the X-division WAS in TNA..would be so badass.? ok

WTF, throw in Hogan vs. Stone Cold---Make this match hogans and Austin's last..it may not be good but i would like for nostalgic reasons.

i fuckin hate Kennedy!!
i wish they would knock him back down to nothing where he deservers to be and stop makin Shawn his bitch!!!

Edge vs. Taker would be neat

Matt aint fightin, i dont think he'll be in the ring for at least another month

gotta agree on Flair, he's too damn old to fight, its kinda uncomfortable to watch him..  (and how hard is it to spell Orton?)
i dont quite get why evryone hates him so much, he's alright, better him being the top heel then Kennedy!

that tag team match would be cool to see, but im probably the only person who would want Londrick to win x_x

and what the hell is it with everyone leaving Shannon Moore out?!?!  come on people, he's a good wrestler!!  he just needs a shot!
i like watchin him a hellova lot more then Yang! (nothin against Yang, i just think Moore outdoes him by far)
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11154 on: January 08, 2008, 10:10:05 AM »

dude av been voting for londrick to be pushed more since kendrick resigned and put in a team...and london should atleast be cruiser champ again...ROH proves he can wrestle

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11155 on: January 08, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »

http://profile.imeem.com/ZBZbvI/video/MVif1l-4/wwematt_hardy_vs_jeff_hardy_for_hardcore_championtlc_match/

found this old clip
hardy vs hardy for hardcore belt
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11156 on: January 09, 2008, 07:32:06 AM »

Kurt Angle is probably one of the most entertaining aspects of the company and with them has had somewhat of a career resurgence.  His matches and promo's have been top, true he has dominated for TOO long and focus has been lost on other aspects, but that's not down to him, that's down to poor writing, things have gone sour since Vince Russo came in, most of TNA's problems are down to him, not Angle.

Angle is always gonna be entertaining. But by him being at the top it has had a bad ripple affect on the company to me. The wrestler that people used to come to watch have been pushed down the card and the quality of the shows have suffered. No Question. To me he is on a entirely different level to the others. So basically they advacate that WWE wrestlers are stronger and better than theirs. If i was Samoa Joe or AJ styles or even Abyss or Christopher Daniels . . i would be so pissed.

It is poor writing yes, but i also think its Angle trying to exert his authority in the company . . . as a top star he must know that by him holding all the titles in the company what that makes the rest of the workers look like. I read that Angle is a frequent visitor to the writing meetings so he has a say for sure.

Angle was one of my favourites in WWE and i was sad to see him leave . . but in all honesty i don't think they miss him at all. His absence has allowed younger wrestlers to come through and personally i'm satisfied with WWE at present. HHH & HBK kept away from the title picture (at least for a while) and let these young guys who have busted their asses get a look in.

So the question is if WWE dont miss him IMO and no one in TNA is coming close to him what state is TNA in . . IMO not great. Ask yourself this if you could take 5 wrestlers from TNA to come to WWE would Angle be in that 5 . . he wouldn't be in mine. You've got Joe, AJ, Machine Guns and Christian and there are others i would take over him. Yet he sits at top of TNA and has the honor of being the official 1st TNA champion and i think that is the thing that gets me the most . . that is just so wrong

Their product has moved closer to what WWE is. Maybe thats what they want. But they won't get anywhere like that.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11157 on: January 09, 2008, 01:22:01 PM »

Apparently, it's MVP VS. Flair for the US Title at the Royal Rumble. This could have been good for me in the WWE Game but it's likely that Flair will win by DQ or some such. Then again, maybe he'll win the title and drop it to someone on his way out.

So far, only Undertaker, Batista, Foley, Morrison, Miz, Umaga, Snitksy, Hardcore Holly and......Hornswoggle are *officialy* in the Rumble.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11158 on: January 09, 2008, 03:56:04 PM »

if you could take 5 wrestlers from TNA to come to WWE would Angle be in that 5 . . he wouldn't be in mine.
James Storm
Motor City Machine Guns
AJ Styles
Samoa Joe

Cheesy
Rasputin
« Reply #11159 on: January 09, 2008, 11:34:55 PM »

dude av been voting for londrick to be pushed more since kendrick resigned and put in a team...and london should atleast be cruiser champ again...ROH proves he can wrestle

really??
ive not met many Londrick fans..  they've reduced them to almost nothing  Cry

as for 5 TNA people

only one i care about right now is Lance Hoyt, i cant believe what a wuss they made him!  he's almost the size of the Undertaker!
MMG would be cool to see on WWE though

i guess i can go with MMG & Rock N Rave Infection
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: