Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:18:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831853 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11120 on: December 31, 2007, 10:28:24 AM »

hes the most generic wrestler in WWE
Kenny and Snitsky disagree Tongue
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11121 on: December 31, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »

instead of flair vs HHH on raw this quick... flair should have had tons of legends matches before the Wrestlemania curtain call to his career .. sorta what Conway was doing before...

one mo' final time and end it with Dusty vs Flair or Macho Man vs Flair
should have had Flair vs: ricky steamboat, barry windham, terry funk, hacksaw duggan (who must have some dirt on Vince to still be wrestling)

heenan as manager was the BEST .. be fair to flair ... one of the best lines ever from wwe commentator

Flair was ALWAYS the Dirtiest player in the Game and he took NWA/WCW from people like Steamboat and Dusty.? Dusty is in terrible shape and would give a terrible match.? I say take fricken Dusty Son and split him from Hardcore and Have Dusty mentoring his son into a fued to take out flair's career for dear old dad. YOu could have flair whooping his son around for weeks until Dusty interfers and costs him his career in a dirty finish. Good push for the son, leaves it open with a dirty finish for flair to want revenge someday. Flair's got the push from the old timers in NWA to become what he was and flair should be pushing some new young talent, (anyone besides Orton)

Flair vs Cody "Bland" Rhodes? I wouldn't pay for that, hes the most generic wrestler in WWE and theres no way he would be able to pull of a heel turn like that
What is the point in having a top main eventer finish him? They are already at the top. Make it the ultimate push for a young talent. Flair got the push from the older guys in the 1980's he himself should understand and want to loose to someone he can push. why bring back someone for one match and have them finish off flair, it would show that flair cant hand an already retired wrestler after he has beaten Orton and Umaga in consecutive weeks? Thats wouldn't make sense at all to me.  He beat Orton and even had orton in the figure four, the WWE champion, he survives Umaga one of the top heels, and then they dress up dusty, ricky steamboat, or a savage to come in out of retirement and finish him off?  I wouldn't buy that PPV.

If flair was to loose to a mid carder and promote them to main event status his career could live on or be pass on, Everytime that guy is walking around and wrestling the announcers can bring up the fact they are the man who put flair down. The only guy besides a midcarder getting a push that I would "paY" to see finish flair off would be the best technical wrestler/athlete ever to hit the ring, and Mr Perfect is gone.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11122 on: December 31, 2007, 01:46:13 PM »

to be honest I think it will be HHH who ends his career if anyone (not on this weeks Raw but at Wrestlemania) it makes sense really since HHH is Flairs favourite current wrestler and even though HHH doesnt need the rub I can't see Flair letting anyone else do it. Or another likely scenario is Flair doesn't lose at all and just announces his retirement at Mania.

Actually I can see Flair facing Vince at Mania, who would win is another question entirely

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11123 on: December 31, 2007, 05:30:46 PM »

dusty and flair seems the best out of the 3 listed( savage / steamboat .. who by the way would like to see mix it up one more time )  ... dusty in the build up to wrestlemania does the rocky thing   - getting in shape. .. while flair one ups Vince by not wrestling for a few weeks... tells the world he will be managing .. all the teams look to him as the greatest ... a switch of the old pattern of wrestlers saying they are the best and alll managers vying for them... flair is a part of evolution, 4 horsemen --- all new tag teams want his rub... it comes down to Cody/ Holly and hmmm Edgeheads ... the edgeheads worked with edge but think they can do even better... Dusty tells Cody if he dont know the hissstry of Dusty and Flair that he shouldnt want to be associated with the dirtiest player .woooooh..  Cody says Holly been guiding him in the right direction so he goes along with Holly. some upcoming PPV its edgeheads vs Cody/Holly for the mangerial guidance of Flair and tag team belts... Cody/ Holly get win and retain. As Dusty comes in to celebrate Flair pushes Dusty trying to steal flairs limelight again. the old 'you want a piece of me' ensues... monday night raw Dusty vs Flair 1....  dq or whatever and flair survives.. Dusty vs flair 2 on the grandest stage of them all .. with Cody and Holly in the ring corner of Flair...  Dusty get the tar beat out of him ... surprise interference by any old time Four Horsemen ...  no dq match... cody cants stands no more!  he trips up flair costing him the match and retirement!!!

this elevates Cody as the one - he becomes his own man / not in holly shadow or dusty ... he cuts a cd and starts rapping.. oh well the last part is just for the return of Cena.

happy new year ! ok
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11124 on: January 01, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »

Did I detect some Jerry Lawler making some pro-heel comments on Raw??

He's not cheered on the heels since The Coach was an announcer a few years back.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11125 on: January 01, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »

Did I detect some Jerry Lawler making some pro-heel comments on Raw??

He's not cheered on the heels since The Coach was an announcer a few years back.

It would be good for Raw I miss the days one split announcers working their magic.

Besides Managers having good heel stables.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #11126 on: January 01, 2008, 09:38:08 PM »

I don't know if anyone cares... but I'm thinking about making a efed. I have before but it's been a few years.

Anyone wanna join or anything?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11127 on: January 02, 2008, 10:47:55 AM »

I don't know if anyone cares... but I'm thinking about making a efed. I have before but it's been a few years.

Never done one i vividly know how they work, i'd be up for joining....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11128 on: January 02, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »

I havent been keeping up with a lot of news

What the hell happened to cade and Murdoch?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11129 on: January 02, 2008, 05:05:28 PM »

Cade is out injured for 6 weeks.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11130 on: January 02, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »

Cade is out injured for 6 weeks.

yep he has separated his shoulder

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11131 on: January 03, 2008, 07:33:19 AM »

I have no idea how it works but i'll do it if someone explains it to me.

I think HHH may end flairs career. Maybe something like a storyline where as long as Flair career is going he can't get a title shot and then over the weeks he starts by helping flair win and slowly he starts to turn heel like by hitting flair and claiming it was a mistake. Leading to a big match at Mania. just a idea

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11132 on: January 04, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »

People bitch about wrestling, but I thought this weeks Raw was pretty darn good - some fine matches

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11133 on: January 04, 2008, 09:24:18 PM »

People bitch about wrestling, but I thought this weeks Raw was pretty darn good - some fine matches

Me too.

I think recently it has been exciting. I think people are enjoying seeing a new face in the Main event picture (Jeff hardy) and i think people are really into this Flair angle. Not to mention JBL vs Y2J which for me has so much potential.

I'm enjoying it at present

[/color]

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11134 on: January 05, 2008, 09:06:41 AM »

Another milestone for me - watched my first ep of Smackdown in 6 years Cheesy

...i stopped watching it because it was dull and lifeless

...and things dont seem to have changed....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11135 on: January 05, 2008, 02:05:48 PM »

Another milestone for me - watched my first ep of Smackdown in 6 years Cheesy

...i stopped watching it because it was dull and lifeless

...and things dont seem to have changed....

RAW is better yes

if i go out on friday night i don't bother taping SD because its not worth it but if i'm home and nothin else is on or if i don't feel like playing Guitar Hero then why not...........they need the ratings. hihi

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Rasputin
« Reply #11136 on: January 06, 2008, 01:31:36 AM »

aw, Smackdown! isnt always bad!!
they are finally starting to give my favorite wrestler a little push!
though i dont care to see Morrison and Miz together

but do any of tou people ever even flip on TNA once in a while?!
last i saw Sting IS with TNA, so is Kurt Angle
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11137 on: January 06, 2008, 02:01:24 AM »

i started watching TNA but then one week i'd forget and as soon as i'd know it it'd be like 3 or 4 weeks before i'd think ohh shit TNA's on. I think its because most of what ever good matches they have are always on PPV. And they have like 3 or 4 of those a month don't they?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11138 on: January 06, 2008, 03:24:38 AM »

i started watching TNA but then one week i'd forget and as soon as i'd know it it'd be like 3 or 4 weeks before i'd think ohh shit TNA's on. I think its because most of what ever good matches they have are always on PPV. And they have like 3 or 4 of those a month don't they?

peace

I don't think so.

TNA has some great matches but personally as soon as Angle went there it kinda lost its appeal to me. TNA was the company where people like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were stars and they were stars because of what they'd done in TNA. And they took stars like Christian who just couldn't break through in WWE and gave him the platform to produce what even people in WWE knew he could really.

I know there was Jarrett and Sting too but Jarrett is there coz he owns it and Sting was there coz he is getting on and didn't want to go to WWE. The X-Division was their selling point and gave wrestlers a chance to showcase and if you were good enough they clapped and your progress was almost fan powered.

But the problem was that when Angle came in . . the company started to revolve around him. People like Christopher Daniels, Abyss, AJ Styles and even Samoa Joe to a certain degree got lost in the shuffle. They even turned AJ Styles Heel which was a mistake. And even worse made mini stables and alliances. So now People like AJ Styles had gone from Top Babyface and the main excitment on the card to either a Christian Cage lackey or Kurt Angle Lackey . . . and then when they realised what they'd done they teamed him with WWE reject Tomko (who himself was a Cage Lackey and gave them the Tag Team titles.

Evidence of my point is this. Since Angle has arrived he has gone over Samoa Joe (Previously TNA's Biggest Star) in a feud, Held all TNA titles at one time and named the Official 1st TNA World champion (New belts since they moved from NWA titles). I know that didn't sit well with fans and wrestlers alike, especially due to the feeling that if it wasn't for other workers putting TNA on the map Angle wouldn't have even considered TNA as a option. He has basically held the title now since early June (although Sting did have a 2-day reign).

Anyway this has turned into a rant. My point is . . for better or worse (and that is opinion) TNA is no bigger threat to WWE today as it was before and personally i think their product has reduced in quality since Angle arrived.

But even worse than that i really believe that Samoa Joe and AJ Styles have lost momentum and credibillity while the show revolves around Angle.

My advice to people is stick with WWE

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11139 on: January 06, 2008, 07:55:50 AM »

I couldn't agree more. Now while I think Angle showing up might of brought some WWE fans in, (which is the whole point they got him) Samona Joe went from being the "STONE COLD" or "THE ROCK" face. Yeah he was huge, and the reason why I believe they brought in Umaga into the WWE.

He was carrying the X division and title not to mention proving to be the first TNA made star. If anyone should of been the first TNA champion it should of been him, not angle. I wonder if  they wanted angle so bad they promised him ALl the titles to come in because basically they gave him all the titles which to me hurt the rep of each title.  Afteral, if you are already the world champion why would you want or need to step down and get the X title. 

Now you look at Joe and he's still up on the card but Angle still hasnt put him over. Which he should of. You look at stars like Sting, or Jarrett who were world champions in WCW, they came to or in jarretts case started up TNA because they wanted something to compete with or be better then working for Vince.  They worked hard building up the company. Angle wasn't tired of the WWE road life THE TRUTH IS WWE DIDNT HAVE NO PLANS FOR MAKING HIM WORLD CHAMPION BECAUSE HIS MIC SKILLS ARE DULL AND NOT FUNNY AND HIS APPEAL ISN'T THERE.
So he left TNA seen a chance at bringing in a Huge star and he seen the chance to be the star and instead of being told what to do he could tell TNA what to do.

Not too mention at their last or second to last PPV, instead of teaming up Nash and Samoa Joe with someone else to push to main event status they seen Scott Hall and tried bringing the Mr No Show in. Then what do you know he doesnt show. 

TNA needs to go back to its roots and build up the X title (by giving it to young and TNA made stars not angles or even sting) and continue to Push Joe to the top and let him be the world champion to carry the Company like Hogan did in the 80's or Stone Cold/The Rock in the 90's.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: