Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831769 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11100 on: December 22, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

Ah the disillusioned wrestling fans...

..i used to be one...but now, either because my standards have dropped ridiculously low...or perhaps because i fast forward through most of the matches, but whatever the reason - i rather enjoy it all

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11101 on: December 22, 2007, 07:00:39 PM »

I agree  MoreCowbell

Its like when Mick Foley fell off the hell in the cell and then got choked slammed through the top of the Hell in the cell and got up and continued the match.

Then on a Raw he got choked slammed through a chair and had to be stretchered out?

ARE U FUCKIN SERIOUS?

I know its wrestling and not real but FUCK thats just retarded.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11102 on: December 22, 2007, 09:21:46 PM »

^ What about Kane?

He came in as a deformed monster who couldn't, talk, who was scared beyond recognition... Now, he's staring in movies  Roll Eyes 
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11103 on: December 23, 2007, 04:52:02 PM »

^ What about Kane?

He came in as a deformed monster who couldn't, talk, who was scared beyond recognition... Now, he's staring in movies? Roll Eyes?

No he could talk when he put that dildo type thing next to his neck, and could talk prior when he was THE KING dentist DR ISAAC YANKEM.

Its hard for me watching wrestling for 20 years then stopping for 2 years and coming back, I popped out around 2003 when things were you know so so and coming back in 2005 things were so unthoughtful and unplanned.

Right now I am trying to think of the longest/best story line fued running.  I think Hornswoggle being Mcmahon's son is the longest continuos thing they have running.  Maybe one of my friends here can still explain to me WHY is HARDCORE HOLLY so Hardcore?  I remember him with that pretty long brown hair, being from the south, racing around in the WWF Busch Series Race car around 1995.  and Also being about 1 step up from Barry Harowitz and 1 step below Brooklyn Brawler on the jobber Scale. 

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11104 on: December 23, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »

^ Bob the "spark plug" holly  rofl

I love when jerry lalwer said he always lost races, cause he had to stop and ask for directions  hihi

What happened to him??? Remember he used to rip on EVERYONE?? Wrestlers, hillbilly fans, what a shame  no
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:42:11 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11105 on: December 23, 2007, 05:42:24 PM »

How about Savage loosing to Warrior in a Career Ending Match after dropping five elbows on the Ultimate Warrior and he got up, then Liz comes down to his aid to protect him from sensational sherrie and hooking up with macho man and getting married at SUMMER SLAM and Jake The Snake wrapping up a King Cobra and having it bite macho man at his wedding setting up Macho's return to action where he went after Jake, who was having his own problems as Undertaker was Turning his FIRST WWF face on him and going after Jake also. ?Now that was a well thought out and well played storyline.
Classic stuff, been watching my Tagged Classics DVDs recently which show all the old stuff without the WWF blurring or censors incidently. ?Watched Royal Rumble 1991, really good event, that's where the beginning of Savage vs Warrior was started when Savage cracked Warrior over the head costing him his title. ?The sheer intensity he put into stuff was fantastic, for nostalgic purposes i wish they could get him back for a one off, and release a 3DVD set of his stuff. ?For unknown reasons though he seems to be one guy Vince hates with a passion and won't consider contacting....(And no it's not because of that dodgy myth involving Steph...)

I mean come on UMAGA getting counted out last week because he broke the ring barrier, I mean this is the same guy who GOT UP after Triple HHH hit him with a sledge hammer about 5 times in the head.
Wrestling always has these inconsistences, especially with monster, they have through the good periods and bad, old days and new. ?A monster is brought in, built up as indestructable and then over the years becomes more human and less difficult to beat. ?I mean Kane used to get up after having been Tombstoned 2wice, noe a sneaky low blow and a hand full of tights and he's done. ?The Great Khali has gone from defeating Undertaker CLEANLY to jobbing to midcarders like Finlay. ?They protected Umaga as much as they could, it wasn't like he was pinned or submitted, count outs are your cheap protecting style results like DQs. ?As for the Flair vs Triple H bought i could see it going the same way as the Triple H vs HBK European Title Match.

Not to mention the title scene. ?Crusierweight Title was HUGE in WCW back in the day. (Malenko, Jericho, Rey, etc) Now its reduced to being a joke.
Well it just doesn't exist now. ?Shame really they actually do have the available talent. ?Jamie Noble has shown in recent weeks, and actually he showed it years ago with Nidia that he was so much charisma, the dude is a great talker and he's a hell of a worker in the ring to. ?They also have Rey Mysterio, Super Crazy, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Yang, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Nunzio, Chavo Guerrero, Funaki who could all be taken from their current places on the roster and pushed into the Division, but, alas, won't happen.

They have two tag belts and what maybe two full time tag teams, (Redneck Crew and Londrick are the only two teams I would classify as fulltime tag teams and they dont even have the belts)
Have to disagree, like this teams or not; Deuce N' Domino, The Highlanders, The Edgeheads (Major Bros), Jesse & Festus are all proper teams. ?All 4 since entering the company have had joint tag music, 3 have team names and one did previously, 3 of the 4 have matching ring attire, if in singles matches all are accompanied by the other partner.

Intercontinel Title. It used to be defended at every PPV now its just sitting on Hardy instead of promoting the next level or generation of main eventers with it the Man with a Title shot at the PPV is holding it again so this will be the 3rd PPV its not defended at, SS, ARM, Rumble.)
Although they are failing to defend it as often as they should i still think having him carry the Gold is doing the Belt good. ?He had some good battles with Umaga over it giving the Belt meaning and Shelton Benjamin and Mr. Kennedy briefly, as well as that Ladder Match with Carlito and having the belt on someone this far up the card is better than putting it on a lower midcarder and making it look like a jobber belt.

Competition in wrestling creates the writers and staff to put on a better show then the rest. ?When they were going Head to Head every monday night, and Nitro was 2 and then 3 hours long each week seemed like ?PPV event. ?WWE was PUSHED to do everything possible with great stories to use their stars and smaller payroll of talent to beat WCW and the big dollar stars they were buying.
Yeah shame TNA hasn't picked up the ball and pushed things like they could. ?I think one thing that is consistent that people over look is that despite WWE being on the down turn in many ways the WRESTLING over the whole of the show has been better the past five years than it was in many of the prime periods. ?The first few Wrestlemania's were built around 1 or 2 matches the rest of the matches went so short as they crammed way too many on. ?Wheareas these days they bang everyone onto a Pre-Show Battle Royal back in the day those guys would of been stuck on the card. ?And what about the Attitude Era RAWs, they were so entertaining, but the matches were so short, WWE makes an effort now, especially on Smackdown to have a solid mid show match, they average 4-5 matches rather than the Attitude 8 to a TV Show. ?Finlay has been responsible for many of them, the argument of many though is why give away PPV quality matches on free tv, where then is the incentive to pay for a show when the matches on tv are nearly as long?

Its like when Mick Foley fell off the hell in the cell and then got choked slammed through the top of the Hell in the cell and got up and continued the match.

Then on a Raw he got choked slammed through a chair and had to be stretchered out?

ARE U FUCKIN SERIOUS?

I know its wrestling and not real but FUCK thats just retarded.
Yeah but dude that's also a classic moment of wrestling, the crowd were crazy for that, and remember that was Attitude ERA no selling stuff, the stuff people complain they WANT back, whereas they moan and bitch about how it's "slowed" down these days. ?It's something anyway that is reserved for the top guys, the superhuman comebacks, always has been always will be, how about we complain about Hogan hulking up, Undertaker sitting up, Michaels bleeding everywhere and then coming back, or anyone remember when Triple H got dropped in that car by that crane operated by Austin but he was fine the next night, the list is endless but these complaints are so minor it's not detremental to the final product....

Right now I am trying to think of the longest/best story line fued running.? I think Hornswoggle being Mcmahon's son is the longest continuos thing they have running.? Maybe one of my friends here can still explain to me WHY is HARDCORE HOLLY so Hardcore?? I remember him with that pretty long brown hair, being from the south, racing around in the WWF Busch Series Race car around 1995.? and Also being about 1 step up from Barry Harowitz and 1 step below Brooklyn Brawler on the jobber Scale.?
Well before he got injured, Matt Hardy vs MVP was easily the best thing goin' IMHO.

Ah! Bob "Sparky Plugg" Holly. ?Classic. ?Well he had a short Tag Title reign with 1-2-3 Kid (Sean Waltman), A IC Reign which i don't think get's acknowledged, as Cole would say, he was champ for a cup of coffee. ?Then he and Bart Gunn formed the New Midnight Express which bombed. ?Then as Bob Holly he was part of the aptly named J.O.B. Squad and then because of all the Hardcore battles going on as the belt emerged he took on that name, first time i really remember him going by that was St. Valentine Day's Massacre one of my personal fave events. ?He still has the name simply because it's the most over he's ever been (and that's not sayin' much) and it sums up his persona/gimmick as a tough, bullying son of a bitch who doesn't take shit from nobody, i think.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11106 on: December 24, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »

They have two tag belts and what maybe two full time tag teams, (Redneck Crew and Londrick are the only two teams I would classify as fulltime tag teams and they dont even have the belts)
Have to disagree, like this teams or not; Deuce N' Domino, The Highlanders, The Edgeheads (Major Bros), Jesse & Festus are all proper teams.  All 4 since entering the company have had joint tag music, 3 have team names and one did previously, 3 of the 4 have matching ring attire, if in singles matches all are accompanied by the other partner.

I totally forgot about Deuce/ Domino and the Highlanders as I never remember to see them.  The edgeheads up til last sunday night I thought were just jobbing for dark matches. Thanks for reminding me.  I long for the day of teams like DEMOLITION, LOD, Hart Foundation,  where they had killer two man finishers, great gear, awesome mic skills.  I just wish Demolition and LOD could of had a real fued rather then LOD just enterfearing in the Demoltion/Hart Foundation 2 out of 3 falls match costing them the title. Thats the good stuff. I think the 80's had the best tag teams. 

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11107 on: December 24, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »

I just wish Demolition and LOD could of had a real fued rather then LOD just enterfearing in the Demoltion/Hart Foundation 2 out of 3 falls match costing them the title. Thats the good stuff. I think the 80's had the best tag teams.
Yeah they should of got a proper feud, thing is though word was Demolition were created cos Vince couldn't get LOD so when he finally did he disbanded Demolition thinking, "Hey I've got the real thing now...".  Only time they had a match on PPV was at a Survivor Series it was Mr. Perfect and Demolition vs Ultimate Warrior, Texas Tornado and LOD.  I remember though in those days they had problems/issues with making stars do the job they'd rather cheapean eliminations to protect them, so they had Ax pinned first I think then Smash, Crush, Hawk, Animal all got Double DQ'd... no Incidently, on the subject of the two teams, I have ALWAYS been a bigger Demolition fan.  As for the 80s having the best tag teams, that is so true, the plethor of teams was amazing.  Heck the first 2 Survivor Series had HUGE Tag Elimination Matches.  The second one (I think) had a classic which went nearly 40 minutes and is one of the best shows of tag team wrestling ever, I think it had Rougeaus, Rockers, Brain Busters, Demolition, Powers of Pain and loads more!  That reminds me of 2 other teams that had a feud and plenty of matches but never had the big PPV pay off match.....Brain Busters & The Rockers!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11108 on: December 25, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »

I think its sad to this day the rockers never really officially had the WWF straps, Hell Yeah Demolition was so much more then a rip off of LOD, they had better mic and heal pop then anyone.  Their entrance music woke up stadiums.  The repo man and hawaiin crush were terrible singles roles and shows how WWF should of kept Demolition together. How about worst Tag Team Champions in History?  I would say the Godwins or M.o.M  I never though either had good Pop as a face team and I thought the Godwins were terrible on Mic and wrestling, simply rather playing the hillbilly role well, while Mo from MOM seemed to always bee a very weak link to the team.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11109 on: December 25, 2007, 11:45:05 PM »

I used to love Tag Teams that had loads of moves together.

For me the best two tagteams in the world for entertainment are MotorCity Machineguns (Shelley & Sabin) and The Briscoes.

I would really like to see a proper Tag Team Divison again with the prestige of the titles at IC and US level.

Anyway i got another question:

How would people like to see this Ric Flair Retirement angle End?

I'm assuming he'll end at Wrestlemania

But should it be against a established star or should wwe give someone else the rub for beating him.

Like on one hand a Ric Flair vs Undertaker match would be cool (Career vs Streak), but i think the match itself wouldn't be that great.

Or Maybe another Orton Legend Killer.

it could also do wonders for the other / younger wrestlers career. People like MVP, Kennedy, Carlito, Lashley and even Jericho could really use the accolade of ending a greats career.

I'll be interested in what you guys have to say

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11110 on: December 26, 2007, 01:13:37 AM »

I used to love Tag Teams that had loads of moves together.

For me the best two tagteams in the world for entertainment are MotorCity Machineguns (Shelley & Sabin) and The Briscoes.

I would really like to see a proper Tag Team Divison again with the prestige of the titles at IC and US level.

Anyway i got another question:

But should it be against a established star or should wwe give someone else the rub for beating him.

Like on one hand a Ric Flair vs Undertaker match would be cool (Career vs Streak), but i think the match itself wouldn't be that great.

it could also do wonders for the other / younger wrestlers career. People like MVP, Kennedy, Carlito, Lashley and even Jericho could really use the accolade of ending a greats career.

I personally would have loved it if they could have gotten Sting to do the one off match at WM.............defeat him that way.  I don't think Steamboat can wrestle anymore, but that would have been another way to go.  Too bad Dusty Rhodes can't have a go at him either.  But those were the most meaningful opponents of his life.......the ones with the best matches.  I would hate if Hogan came in and snuffed him........or Orton too.  Orton doesn't deserve to end the career of a legend like Flair.  Regardless, Flair will be back.....he'll do one off matches here and there.  He's one of the ones like Funk who won't stop until they drop dead in the ring.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11111 on: December 26, 2007, 01:42:54 AM »

sorry to get off what ever subject is on deck at the moment but does anyone know what happened to Sandman, Sabu, Marcus Corvon, and if RVD is ever going to make a permanant return to RAW or ECW?

Thank you, nerds of Wrestling peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11112 on: December 26, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »

sorry to get off what ever subject is on deck at the moment but does anyone know what happened to Sandman, Sabu, Marcus Corvon, and if RVD is ever going to make a permanant return to RAW or ECW?

Sandman - Indies?

Sabu - TNA (Eventually)

Marcus Cor Von - WWE or TNA once he sorts out his family problems, someone died (I think his sister) and he's busy bringing up her kids.

Rob Van Dam - Like Jericho a few years ago he's sick of the business but he's also declared loyalty to WWE, said they left on good terms, and when he does return to the business he'll return to them, I'd say it won't be 'til late 2008 at the earliest though.

For it to be truly big it needs to be against someone established, giving the rub would be good but at that same time the match would not have the same big time feel.? He's battled 'Taker at 'Mania, he's feuded with Vince, he's had Wars with Triple H, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, all in the past 3-4 years, for something like this he would be good to go real old school, yet the match needs to be watchable.

For this I have only 2 names to suggest.? Firstly I'll say Dusty Rhodes is too far out of shape now, Steamboat I think is unable to wrestle and Hogan would be a bad choice because infront of a WWE crowd he'd still get the support over Flair.

I would have to say it should be Sting or Randy Savage.? Unfortunately the latter is on awful terms with the company and Sting has issues with the product and the schedule.? Well for Sting they could offer him a lot for a one off match and because of the cause, Flair's retirement and all, I think he'd be open to the idea, and the dude can still go in the ring, it wouldn't be like rolling out on old veteran who can barely walk.? These guys have such great history, they could air highlights of the old battles and promos and really build up heat for the match, get Arn Anderson and others to pop up, they could do it real well.? As for Savage, if they got him, which I can't see, to be honest I don't know what shape he's in, last I heard it wasn't too good.? One thing about Savage is he could always go in the ring, was a notorious perfectionist rehearsing and going through the match move by move before hand, the promo's and match could be real good to, although hell I'd rather have him face Hogan.? Yeah this is my Wrestlemania Card:

WWE Title: Randy Orton vs Triple H vs Batista

World Title: Undertaker vs Edge

Retirement Match: Sting vs Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage

Shawn Michaels vs MVP

MITB: Ken Kennedy vs Jeff Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin vs Paul London vs Rey Mysterio vs Brian Kendrick

Morrison/Miz vs Deuce N' Domino vs The Red Neck Wrecking Crew vs The Highlanders vs Carlito/Marella vs Rhodes/Holly vs Moore/Yang vs Duggan/Crazy (Tag Battle Royal for Unified Tag Titles)

IC Title - Fatal 4 Way JBL vs DH Smith vs Umaga vs Elijah Burke

US Title - Fatal 4 Way Matt Hardy vs CM Punk vs Chris Jericho vs Finlay

Women's Title - Beth Phoenix vs Victoria vs Mickie James vs Molly Holly.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11113 on: December 26, 2007, 07:44:24 AM »

Sandman - Indies?

Sabu - TNA (Eventually)

Marcus Cor Von - WWE or TNA once he sorts out his family problems, someone died (I think his sister) and he's busy bringing up her kids.

Rob Van Dam - Like Jericho a few years ago he's sick of the business but he's also declared loyalty to WWE, said they left on good terms, and when he does return to the business he'll return to them, I'd say it won't be 'til late 2008 at the earliest though.

For it to be truly big it needs to be against someone established, giving the rub would be good but at that same time the match would not have the same big time feel.? He's battled 'Taker at 'Mania, he's feuded with Vince, he's had Wars with Triple H, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, all in the past 3-4 years, for something like this he would be good to go real old school, yet the match needs to be watchable.

For this I have only 2 names to suggest.? Firstly I'll say Dusty Rhodes is too far out of shape now, Steamboat I think is unable to wrestle and Hogan would be a bad choice because infront of a WWE crowd he'd still get the support over Flair.

I would have to say it should be Sting or Randy Savage.? Unfortunately the latter is on awful terms with the company and Sting has issues with the product and the schedule.? Well for Sting they could offer him a lot for a one off match and because of the cause, Flair's retirement and all, I think he'd be open to the idea, and the dude can still go in the ring, it wouldn't be like rolling out on old veteran who can barely walk.? These guys have such great history, they could air highlights of the old battles and promos and really build up heat for the match, get Arn Anderson and others to pop up, they could do it real well.? As for Savage, if they got him, which I can't see, to be honest I don't know what shape he's in, last I heard it wasn't too good.? One thing about Savage is he could always go in the ring, was a notorious perfectionist rehearsing and going through the match move by move before hand, the promo's and match could be real good to, although hell I'd rather have him face Hogan.? Yeah this is my Wrestlemania Card:

WWE Title: Randy Orton vs Triple H vs Batista

World Title: Undertaker vs Edge

Retirement Match: Sting vs Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage

Shawn Michaels vs MVP

MITB: Ken Kennedy vs Jeff Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin vs Paul London vs Rey Mysterio vs Brian Kendrick

Morrison/Miz vs Deuce N' Domino vs The Red Neck Wrecking Crew vs The Highlanders vs Carlito/Marella vs Rhodes/Holly vs Moore/Yang vs Duggan/Crazy (Tag Battle Royal for Unified Tag Titles)

IC Title - Fatal 4 Way JBL vs DH Smith vs Umaga vs Elijah Burke

US Title - Fatal 4 Way Matt Hardy vs CM Punk vs Chris Jericho vs Finlay

Interesting Take.

I think the backup will be Vince vs Flair but i really hope that doesn't happen.

Personally i wouldn't want to see Takers streak on the line for the title again . . . too similar too last year. Thats why i would have Flair vs Taker. I like the prospect of Career vs Streak and personally i think would do more for the Mystique of Takers Streak than another Title win, especially against Edge who himself has never been Pinned or made to Submit at Mania. I think that could be saved for a future Mania.

I would find it hard to take as a WWE fan (despite their history) if Sting (who has never competed in WWF/WWE) would come in for one match to end a Hall Of Famers Career. But maybe thats just me.

As for Mania i am hoping to see different faces higher up the card this year. HHH, HBK, Batista, Edge & Undertaker have been sniffing round the Mania main event for years. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be involved but i'm hoping to see some fresh in their with them.

I'm Still hoping one year that we can have either Both Hardys challenging for the World Titles i.e. Jeff hardy vs Orton & Edge vs Matt Hardy (I think people would love to see Matt Beat Edge at Mania for the title) coz i think they both deserve a chance at the top even if it is breif and doesn't work. You could just have the greatest Build up ever with both brothers helping each other in the weeks running up to Mania. And How Great would a Hardy vs Hardy Ladder match for the World Title be down the road.

The other thing now is the only way HHH should be in the Main Event is if he wins the Royal Rumble. Otherwise it looks odd that he lost a No 1 contender match and then suddenly appears 3 months later in The Main Event.

Here are some matches i'd like to see at Mania (i know most won't happen just what i'd like):

WWE Title: Randy Orton vs Triple H vs Jeff Hardy

World Title: Matt Hardy vs Edge

Retirement / Streak Match: Undertaker vs Ric Flair

MITB: Ken Kennedy vs Y2J vs Shelton Benjamin vs HBK vs Rey Mysterio vs MVP

One More Time - 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin vs The Rock

Handicap Match: Henry & Big Daddy V vs Batista (I know he's down the card but not really a fan, in reality he'll be in a title match)

No Titles, Just Acclaim of Best Tag Team In WWEMorrison/Miz vs Deuce N' Domino vs The Red Neck Wrecking Crew vs Rhodes/Holly vs London & Kendrick vs Edgeheads

IC Title - Fatal 4 Way JBL vs DH Smith vs Umaga vs Lashley

ECW Title - CM Punk vs Carlito

Bit Of Fun- Finlay & Hornswoggle vs Vince and Shane Special Ref: John Cena (I'm Assuming he won't be back for Mania)

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11114 on: December 26, 2007, 07:24:54 PM »

Hogan Vs Savage will never happen. Both this old timers has WAY TO MUCH PRIDE to put the other over, SO if WWE can turn their hatred of macho aside and hogan could strap on the boots one more them It would end in a no contest as Macho already put Hogan over at WM 5 and if you remember his best selling, credically applauded rap albumn (which cowbell owns) he had a whole song calling out Hogan and what not calling him a chump, There isnt enough money to spend on Macho to get him to job.  Hogan has gone mainstream and to be honest the next time he is working for Vince I would expect it to be on a WWE film which I can see in the future.  For him to get back into the ring and job to macho Vince would have to give him enough money to make 4-5 Thunder in Paradise Sequel Movies, and still a little bit more to make a Prequal to Mr Nanny.

Besides me, does anyone else think Flair is going to loose before WM. I honestly can see him loosing before WM so at the awards show he is already recapping his career and not selling a match. unless that match at WM is gaurenteed to be his last match and he will walk away win or loose.

Also I dont think anyone like Jericho, JBL, or other main eventers will be going after US or IC gold, they have made the transition to main eventers and I cant see them getting giddy for a second tier title. Although I think JBL could own either title and easily carry it as long as Honky Tonk Man.

Sting would only show up to a WM match if he could end Vince's Career. I think when he dediced to work with TNA on his own terms made it clear he wasnt interested in wwe.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11115 on: December 26, 2007, 11:25:04 PM »

Besides me, does anyone else think Flair is going to loose before WM. I honestly can see him loosing before WM so at the awards show he is already recapping his career and not selling a match. unless that match at WM is gaurenteed to be his last match and he will walk away win or loose.

Yeah i can. But i really hope not. He deserves one more Mania and personally i think its the way most wrestlers would want to go out. Fighting someone like Taker would put the match well up the card. and although the Match itself probally wouldn't be the greatest i think it will get buys and will have a bloody fantastic Atmosphere and a match like that evreyone would want to see live. Imagine after defeat he will surely give a speech . . just imagine!

Also I dont think anyone like Jericho, JBL, or other main eventers will be going after US or IC gold, they have made the transition to main eventers and I cant see them getting giddy for a second tier title. Although I think JBL could own either title and easily carry it as long as Honky Tonk Man.

I'm not so sure. I think the wwe could do with giving the IC title a prestige boost and now Raw has so many top stars it would be a good opptunity to do that.

The US title personally has always been taken more seriously in recent years i mean MVP, Benoit (I am allowed to talk about him right), JBL, Kennedy and Lashley look alot better on paper than Santino, Carlito, Umaga and Shelton Benjamin.

I just think if top Level superstars such as Lashley, Y2J, JBL, HBK and Umaga were involved in the IC title picture it would allow 3 things to happen:

1. It would allow Young / fringe superstars to have feuds at World title i.e. like Jeff Hardy.

2. It would make the Tag Division stronger as more lower singles could form Tag Teams i.e. Santino and Carlito & Miz and Morrison

3. It would allow top superstars to be in a meaningful title feuds and would make for better PPV's coz more matches would have build up and history rather than being thrown together at the last minute

I just remember feuds like British Bulldog vs Bret Hart, The Rock vs Shamrock, Razor vs HBK and the 3 way feud between Angle, Jericho and Beniot and it makes me angry that people look down on the IC title coz there can only be 1 World Champion at a time on RAW and i think some of these so-called top superstars should be reminded what the IC title did for their careers and could possibly help them once again.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11116 on: December 28, 2007, 08:58:32 PM »

Wrestling Observer newsletter has a new, list of scheduled DVDs for the year:

2/12 -- The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin
3/25 -- Triple H: The King of Kings
5/6 -- Evolution of the Hardys
6/3 -- The Rock
7/8 -- Best of Starrcade
8/5 -- 20-disc SummerSlam Anthology
8/5 -- Life and Times of Mr. Perfect
11/4 -- Edge
11/18 -- Randy Savage: Macho Madness
12/9 -- Sting

Those are some awesome as hell DVDs.  I'll be getting them all except for the Summerslam set, I've got most of those events through Tagged Classics, 88-99 at the moment.

Interesting that we have just been talking about the possibility of Savage and Sting showing up in WWE.  Now with these sets they normally do promotion of sorts with the wrestlers, at the very least you would expect them to try and contact them and ask if they are interested.  Unfortunately in Savage's case, I could see them doing a DVD like the Ultimate Warrior's Self Destruction one, the title "Macho Madness" makes you wonder whether they are going to make him out to be crazy and cover career lows such as his CD and him running out of TNA 'cos Hogan showed up.  As for Sting though, he's not with TNA now, he has no beef so to speak with WWE, and he's never done anything wrong for them to actually do a DVD on him in the "Self Destruction" vein.  If they contacted him about a brief run, career DVD, giving him creative control like they did Bret Hart we could see some dream match-ups.

I still want to see a Ted Dibiase, British Bulldogs and Demolition DVDs.  With a Demolition one they could cover so much as well as their run they could follow their subsequent careers, All the Crush persona's, his time in Kronik, Darsow as Repo Man and The Blacktop Bully, with the library they own the great stuff they can keep making and releasing is seemingly endless, even in times when the product is poor, their DVDs are always top notch!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11117 on: December 30, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »

instead of flair vs HHH on raw this quick... flair should have had tons of legends matches before the Wrestlemania curtain call to his career .. sorta what Conway was doing before...

one mo' final time and end it with Dusty vs Flair or Macho Man vs Flair
should have had Flair vs: ricky steamboat, barry windham, terry funk, hacksaw duggan (who must have some dirt on Vince to still be wrestling)

heenan as manager was the BEST .. be fair to flair ... one of the best lines ever from wwe commentator
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11118 on: December 30, 2007, 10:43:12 PM »

instead of flair vs HHH on raw this quick... flair should have had tons of legends matches before the Wrestlemania curtain call to his career .. sorta what Conway was doing before...

should have had Flair vs: ricky steamboat, barry windham, terry funk, hacksaw duggan (who must have some dirt on Vince to still be wrestling)

heenan as manager was the BEST .. be fair to flair ... one of the best lines ever from wwe commentator

Flair was ALWAYS the Dirtiest player in the Game and he took NWA/WCW from people like Steamboat and Dusty.  Dusty is in terrible shape and would give a terrible match.  I say take fricken Dusty Son and split him from Hardcore and Have Dusty mentoring his son into a fued to take out flair's career for dear old dad. YOu could have flair whooping his son around for weeks until Dusty interfers and costs him his career in a dirty finish. Good push for the son, leaves it open with a dirty finish for flair to want revenge someday. Flair's got the push from the old timers in NWA to become what he was and flair should be pushing some new young talent, (anyone besides Orton)

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11119 on: December 31, 2007, 08:46:15 AM »

Flair was ALWAYS the Dirtiest player in the Game and he took NWA/WCW from people like Steamboat and Dusty.? Dusty is in terrible shape and would give a terrible match.? I say take fricken Dusty Son and split him from Hardcore and Have Dusty mentoring his son into a fued to take out flair's career for dear old dad. YOu could have flair whooping his son around for weeks until Dusty interfers and costs him his career in a dirty finish. Good push for the son, leaves it open with a dirty finish for flair to want revenge someday. Flair's got the push from the old timers in NWA to become what he was and flair should be pushing some new young talent, (anyone besides Orton)

Flair vs Cody "Bland" Rhodes? I wouldn't pay for that, hes the most generic wrestler in WWE and theres no way he would be able to pull of a heel turn like that

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: