Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228532 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833302 times)
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11020 on: December 07, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »

a realy realy hoped The Rock would be back...but av heard he turnd it down...which if you see it could be an amazing decision...come back with alot of legends and be over shadowed....or come back by your self and have all of the atention....which one would you prefer?

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11021 on: December 07, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »

a realy realy hoped The Rock would be back...but av heard he turnd it down...which if you see it could be an amazing decision...come back with alot of legends and be over shadowed....or come back by your self and have all of the atention....which one would you prefer?

Nah its all about the money and THE ROCK is making good money in the movies and said himself that part of his life is over.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11022 on: December 07, 2007, 05:10:54 PM »

av heard that at the right time he would make appearences and i have to admit if i was him ide do it so all the attention was on me insted of the chances of getting out shined by someone like hogan

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11023 on: December 07, 2007, 09:47:29 PM »

for anyone who watched TNA PPV i found this on the web and i couldn't agree more.

Despite having some great talent their poor booking is the reason which i will never watch a TNA PPV again and have completely gone off their product.

I've always prefered WWE but for a while i enjoyed TNA but Aside from AJ Styles, Christian, Joe, Shelley and Sabin its just gone downhill for me.

Anyway here is the article about poor booking:

I can live with a lot of things. Wrestlers no-showing promised appearances, a match that does not live up to expectations, etc; however, one thing in professional wrestling that really gripes me is storylines not making logical sense. Last night?s edition of TNA iMPACT had so many flaws in the booking I felt the only way to clear my frustration was to write about it. The company made so many errors last night I wondered if anyone on the creative team or in upper management is following their own product. This is not intended to be a complete show review but is intended to highlight what I felt like were major mistakes made by TNA Wrestling during last night?s airing of iMPACT.

The show opened with the briefcase winners from the ?Feast or Fired? match from Turning Point arriving at iMPACT with their cases. However, the cases ended up in the possession of Jim Cornette where he instructed Matt Morgan to ?guard? them. When Morgan let the winners of the cases re-claim possession of them throughout the show, Cornette got pissed off and proclaimed that they are going to end up revealing the contents. First off all it would be nice if they would reveal the contents since I?ve already paid $30 to find out what is in the damn things, but if the wrestlers arrived at the arena with the cases that would mean they have been in possession of them for more three days. If they couldn?t open them earlier in the week, then why is Cornette upset about them having them at the show now? Why did I pay to see this match on PPV when I?ve had to wait until iMPACT and still don?t know what is them? Was Cornette not watching the show earlier when all of the winners arrived with the cases?

TNA actually held a ladder match between Black Machismo Jay Lethal and The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Johnny Devine and Team 3D to see who got possession of the X Division Title. What the %@$%? Jay Lethal is your X DIVISION CHAMPION! He does not have the belt because it was stolen from him. Why does he have to work a match to get a belt that is his back? This made no sense what-so-ever to me. If they wanted to have a ladder match for the X Division title, then have a ladder match for the X Division title. If they want to continue to play up the fact that Team 3D stole the belt, then play up the storyline. But to have a match to see who gets possession of the championship is ridiculous. There are not even words to describe how frustrated this makes me. How is TNA management going sanction a match to see who gets the possession of a stolen belt? Another storyline that makes no logical sense!

The company tried to play off an extremely good Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong match at Turning Point by booking Gail Kim against ODB on last night?s iMPACT. However, they booked it in a way that made no logical sense. TNA had ODB hit Gail Kim with her flask when the referee wasn?t looking, giving ODB the pinfall in the nontitle match. I understood that part but the trick came when Awesome Kong came out and started to beat up on Gail Kim. Kim was already knocked out so why was Kong sent out to further destroy her? Shouldn?t the company have booked their Knockouts Champion over ODB only to have Awesome Kong come out and destroy her while she was celebrating?

The last thing that TNA did on this week?s episode of iMPACT that really got on my nerves was the way that they aligned Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, Kaz, Booker T, and Eric Young. This made for a good 10 man tag team main event, however, on Turning Point Nash got so mad at Joe that he didn?t even celebrate with him or Young and even refused to sell his spots. On this week?s edition of iMPACT they made it look like Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe were now boyfriends! None of what happened at Turning Point was explained and we were led on to believe that everything is fine between Joe and Nash. Samoa Joe cut such a dramatic promo that it cut the lackluster main event short at Turning Point and TNA did nothing what-so-ever to follow up on it. Why did they waste all of the PPV time with the promo if they weren?t going to play it up? Joe might have gotten carried away but the fact is that he said it and you must play that up! To forget about it makes me feel like I wasted my $30 to hear it in the first place! Talking on a PPV is generally a no-no but when it happens, it better be for a damn good explanation!

I don?t know who it is messing all of this up in TNA, but someone needs to show them the Turning Point pay-per-view and this week?s edition of iMPACT. There was no correlation, no fallout, and several storylines that did not make logical sense. I?m out $30 (as is anyone that ordered Turning Point) and not only did we get two significant no-shows at Turning Point but we still do not know who won the Feast or Fired bout. The company better get their act together because it is stuff like this that is going to chase loyal fans away. We as fans are not stupid and do not deserve to be treated like idiots. Last night?s show seemed like it was booked by someone that had never followed the TNA product.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11024 on: December 08, 2007, 10:07:13 PM »

I been reading that Carlito wanted out of WWE and Vince sat down with him after raw trying to calm him down and actually talked him into staying.  With Hardy getting the main event push does anyone else think that they are going to have Triple H interfer in the ladder match on raw giving Carlito the Intercontinental Title and build up some mid card fueds and help sell Triple H and Hardy for the PPV?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11025 on: December 09, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »

I been reading that Carlito wanted out of WWE and Vince sat down with him after raw trying to calm him down and actually talked him into staying.  With Hardy getting the main event push does anyone else think that they are going to have Triple H interfer in the ladder match on raw giving Carlito the Intercontinental Title and build up some mid card fueds and help sell Triple H and Hardy for the PPV?
That actually sounds very logical.
The best thing for Hardy at the moment is to drop the Intercontinental Title as with his major push, he is making the transcend from mid-carder to a main event level face.

Carlito accused the WWE of trying to humiliate him and Vince is probably going to give him the Intercontinental Title as a reward for staying with the company.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11026 on: December 10, 2007, 04:39:52 AM »

for anyone who watched TNA PPV i found this on the web and i couldn't agree more.

Despite having some great talent their poor booking is the reason which i will never watch a TNA PPV again and have completely gone off their product.

I've always prefered WWE but for a while i enjoyed TNA but Aside from AJ Styles, Christian, Joe, Shelley and Sabin its just gone downhill for me.

Anyway here is the article about poor booking:

I can live with a lot of things. Wrestlers no-showing promised appearances, a match that does not live up to expectations, etc; however, one thing in professional wrestling that really gripes me is storylines not making logical sense. Last night?s edition of TNA iMPACT had so many flaws in the booking I felt the only way to clear my frustration was to write about it. The company made so many errors last night I wondered if anyone on the creative team or in upper management is following their own product. This is not intended to be a complete show review but is intended to highlight what I felt like were major mistakes made by TNA Wrestling during last night?s airing of iMPACT.

The show opened with the briefcase winners from the ?Feast or Fired? match from Turning Point arriving at iMPACT with their cases. However, the cases ended up in the possession of Jim Cornette where he instructed Matt Morgan to ?guard? them. When Morgan let the winners of the cases re-claim possession of them throughout the show, Cornette got pissed off and proclaimed that they are going to end up revealing the contents. First off all it would be nice if they would reveal the contents since I?ve already paid $30 to find out what is in the damn things, but if the wrestlers arrived at the arena with the cases that would mean they have been in possession of them for more three days. If they couldn?t open them earlier in the week, then why is Cornette upset about them having them at the show now? Why did I pay to see this match on PPV when I?ve had to wait until iMPACT and still don?t know what is them? Was Cornette not watching the show earlier when all of the winners arrived with the cases?

TNA actually held a ladder match between Black Machismo Jay Lethal and The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Johnny Devine and Team 3D to see who got possession of the X Division Title. What the %@$%? Jay Lethal is your X DIVISION CHAMPION! He does not have the belt because it was stolen from him. Why does he have to work a match to get a belt that is his back? This made no sense what-so-ever to me. If they wanted to have a ladder match for the X Division title, then have a ladder match for the X Division title. If they want to continue to play up the fact that Team 3D stole the belt, then play up the storyline. But to have a match to see who gets possession of the championship is ridiculous. There are not even words to describe how frustrated this makes me. How is TNA management going sanction a match to see who gets the possession of a stolen belt? Another storyline that makes no logical sense!

The company tried to play off an extremely good Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong match at Turning Point by booking Gail Kim against ODB on last night?s iMPACT. However, they booked it in a way that made no logical sense. TNA had ODB hit Gail Kim with her flask when the referee wasn?t looking, giving ODB the pinfall in the nontitle match. I understood that part but the trick came when Awesome Kong came out and started to beat up on Gail Kim. Kim was already knocked out so why was Kong sent out to further destroy her? Shouldn?t the company have booked their Knockouts Champion over ODB only to have Awesome Kong come out and destroy her while she was celebrating?

The last thing that TNA did on this week?s episode of iMPACT that really got on my nerves was the way that they aligned Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, Kaz, Booker T, and Eric Young. This made for a good 10 man tag team main event, however, on Turning Point Nash got so mad at Joe that he didn?t even celebrate with him or Young and even refused to sell his spots. On this week?s edition of iMPACT they made it look like Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe were now boyfriends! None of what happened at Turning Point was explained and we were led on to believe that everything is fine between Joe and Nash. Samoa Joe cut such a dramatic promo that it cut the lackluster main event short at Turning Point and TNA did nothing what-so-ever to follow up on it. Why did they waste all of the PPV time with the promo if they weren?t going to play it up? Joe might have gotten carried away but the fact is that he said it and you must play that up! To forget about it makes me feel like I wasted my $30 to hear it in the first place! Talking on a PPV is generally a no-no but when it happens, it better be for a damn good explanation!

I don?t know who it is messing all of this up in TNA, but someone needs to show them the Turning Point pay-per-view and this week?s edition of iMPACT. There was no correlation, no fallout, and several storylines that did not make logical sense. I?m out $30 (as is anyone that ordered Turning Point) and not only did we get two significant no-shows at Turning Point but we still do not know who won the Feast or Fired bout. The company better get their act together because it is stuff like this that is going to chase loyal fans away. We as fans are not stupid and do not deserve to be treated like idiots. Last night?s show seemed like it was booked by someone that had never followed the TNA product.

The guy talks sense.  The whole feast or fired concept was retarded in the first place anyway, i mean the guys are so talented they don't need this gimmicky crap.

That Samoa Joe promo was fantastic, just goes to show, wrestlers perform best as themselves and saying things they believe in, that was the best promo i have ever heard him cut!

3 Hour RAW, Bart Gunn is returning, well since we have no Billy will they reunite "Bodacious Bart" with partner "Bombastic" Bob Holly. Cheesy I hope so, it's these little things that keep me watching...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11027 on: December 10, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »

Among the names backstage at the Raw three hour 15th anniversary special in Bridgeport, CT so far are (In small incase of spoilers):

2 Cold Scorpio
Jim Neidhart
Steve Blackman
The Mean Street Posse (Rodney and Pete Gas)
Gangrel
Scotty 2 Hotty
Marty Jannetty
Ted DiBiase
Bart Gunn
Gillberg
Mae Young
Bastion Booger
Barry Darsow
Steve Corino
Steve Austin
Lita
Trish Stratus
Sunny

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11028 on: December 10, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »

Among the names backstage at the Raw three hour 15th anniversary special in Bridgeport, CT so far are (In small incase of spoilers):

2 Cold Scorpio
Jim Neidhart
Steve Blackman
Gangrel
Scotty 2 Hotty
Marty Jannetty
Ted DiBiase
Bart Gunn
Gillberg
Mae Young
Bastion Booger
Barry Darsow
Steve Corino
Steve Austin
Lita
Trish Stratus
Sunny

Fucking hell Corino's there, was he ever even on Raw? I presume all those guys are for the battle royal.Should be a really fun, noastalgic show and its a great way to celebrate the history of Raw unlike that stupid 10th anniversary show they did. Gonna watch the show tonight for the first time since the night after mania.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11029 on: December 10, 2007, 08:43:49 PM »

Thanks a Fn'ing lot Carlito, I can't believe they didn't give him the title, its useless on hardy and lost some luster tonight as Carlito could of used the title to build up the Mid Card division instead not its going to be wasted as the title holder will just be moving up to the main event level.  YOu should of screwed Vince and just pulled the title down and saved me 32 points in the WWE game.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11030 on: December 10, 2007, 08:57:50 PM »

FUCKIN A DUDE headbanger

RVD is back! Fuckin awesome i can't wait till the rest of tonights RAW unfurls

peace

ps Fuck Randy Orton in the ass!

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11031 on: December 10, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »

Wow they really blew RVD's comeback on a 3 minute squash section? 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11032 on: December 10, 2007, 09:01:53 PM »

2 Cold Scorpio
Jim Neidhart
Steve Blackman
Gangrel
Scotty 2 Hotty
Marty Jannetty
Ted DiBiase
Bart Gunn
Gillberg
Mae Young
Bastion Booger
Barry Darsow
Steve Corino
Steve Austin
Lita
Trish Stratus
Sunny

i'm surprised there not gonna have The Rock there or all of 2cool (the tag team with scotty 2 hotty and grand master mister sexay (sp?)) and that big ass dude whos name i can't spell. I'm surprised that theres not more past RAW people than just that tiny list Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11033 on: December 10, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »

There are more........Godfather and RVD weren't on that list.  So far this show has been crap though.  3/4ths of the numbnuts in that crowd have no idea who half those people are anyway.  I mean really...did Bastian Booger need to be there?  RVD's return was nothing more than a flash...this Evolution match is going to be as exciting as watching paint dry.  Carlito is actually the only thing that's impressed me tonight thus far.  That powerbomb off the ladder was gutsy for him. 

I pray Bret Hart will somehow someway come out though.....I know it ain't happening, but that's really the only reason I even care to turn this crap on tonight.  Just to have that tiny little glimmer of faith.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11034 on: December 10, 2007, 09:59:33 PM »

What a battle royal  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Skinner, Doink, IRS, Skinner... Classic ending  ok
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11035 on: December 10, 2007, 10:03:45 PM »

Skinner was tearing it up!  Where the hell was Jake the Snake in that match?.......I know he needed some crack money!

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11036 on: December 10, 2007, 10:18:57 PM »

This tag match doesn't look good for me.  Having a big show like this there should be some title change to remember it. I prey to god they win

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11037 on: December 10, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »

Hogans wearing a wig hard.....Still nice to see him though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11038 on: December 10, 2007, 10:55:41 PM »

I have never seen "wrestlers" wearing so many baggy t-shirts and pants in my life

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11039 on: December 10, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »

Just got finished watching some classic "THe Rock" Y2J and SCSA promos on YouTube

HOly Fuck how far wrestling has fallen

Kennedy,Cena etc fuckin eat bags of dick compared to the promos of years past.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: