Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834348 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10900 on: October 19, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »

Lex Luger had a stroke this morning

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #10901 on: October 20, 2007, 08:06:37 AM »

Noooo, not the Total Package?  Sad

Wasn't he arrested/imprisoned at some point?

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10902 on: October 20, 2007, 01:36:31 PM »

I can confirm that Kristal Marshall was let go by WWE. She was dating Lashley and was just involved in a major storyline. We don't have anything more.

More soon

Seems strange that they would release her before Teddy Long got back on TV.

However:

According to PWInsider, Ric Flair took part in a promotional appearance yesterday in Orlando, Florida that was booked by WWE along with Maria. When asked about his current status with the company, Flair responded saying that he is still with WWE and that they are working out a storyline. He was also overheard being asked about retiring from the ring and Flair refused to comment further.

Cyber Sunday predictions:

Randy Orton VS. SHAWN MICHAELS, Jeff Hardy or Mr. Kennedy - I think we know who's getting this vote. Orton'll win though, through some dastardly heel tactics.

Batista VS. The Undertaker - I think Dave will win this one and Taker'll win possibly at Survivor Series. I don't see a 1-month reign for Batista.

CM Punk VS. John Morrison, Big Daddy V or The Miz - I see Punk losing the title to whoever is voted, likely TAFKA Johnny Nitro.

Rey Mysterio VS. Finlay - Mysterio wins the Stretcher Match. Nuff said.

Triple H VS. Umaga - Umaga looked strong on Raw, so logic says he'll lose at Cyber Sunday. It'll be a Cage Match, obviously. Though I voted Street Fight. Tongue

Matt Hardy VS. MVP - Hopefully this is a wrestling match so I can get point in the WWE Game. Oh yeah, Matt wins.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:45:12 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10903 on: October 20, 2007, 04:10:33 PM »

^Hey, I made my Cyber Sunday predictions a week early. How odd.

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10904 on: October 20, 2007, 04:25:22 PM »

Is the Matt Hardy vs. MVP match for the US Title?

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10905 on: October 20, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »

I went to a Mr. Kennedy and Carlito signing today at a Toy Store over here in Northern Ireland. Heres my thoughts:

Signing was due to start at 3:00 pm. I was there at half one as I knew there would be a huge turnout. (I was right, there was around 300 people there, maybe more. I got in line and they're must have been like 50 people in front on me so It began well.

So we waited, and waited, and we noticed that people seemed to have these WWE tickets saying "admit one only" on them. We asked around and were told that you had to have tickets to get in. Apparently you got the tickets when you bought WWE merchandise in the store. I almost took a fit of rage there and then, as we had drove two hours and were basically at the front of the cue, and was told that I may not have gotten in.

So I phoned my mother who was shopping nearby while I was waiting in line and told her. She then went to the security manager and told him the deal, and says that I've been waiting and wasn't informed that I needed a ticket. The manager admitted that it wasn't very well advertised and was able to give her a ticket despite the fact that I asked a guy earlier on and the asshole said they're was none left.

So, all is good now, I've got a ticket which guarantee's my access to see Carlito and Kennedy. A kid behind me asked his mother is Chris Benoit going to be at it, which I got a laugh out of.

It is now after half 3, and we're told that they are ready and we can go in. (They let like 50 in at a time)

As I walked down to cue up inside I didn't need no ticket afterall, as I wasn't asked to present one. All that worrying for nothing huh? I manage to get a quick glance at Carlito and Kennedy who have just sat down as I have to go to the back of the store to cue up now. Carlito looks grumpy.

I wait, and inside now the cue seems to be going relatively fast. I see flashing camera lights which makes me believe that I can get my photo taken with them behind the table as they're is also plenty of space to do so.

As I get closer I talk to security and I discover that you can only get autographed a WWE autograph card or a kids annual. (At least thats all I saw getting signed) I had two DVD's with me, but opted to get a signed card to save any hassle. I am also told that we can take as many photo's of them as we like but we weren't allowed to get photos taken with them....it's looking a real bummer at this point.

So I go up, and Kennedy signs my card thing. As soon as he signed it, some italian manager gave him the next one straight away so I never even got a freakin' word in. I offered my hand to Kennedy as he was signing for the guy behind me and he looks up at me, shakes my hand and says "Whats up dog, how are ya?" Which I thought was pretty cool of him considering how busy he looked. I think I just blanked out at this point and replied with "Thanks very much" not very relative was it? Anyways, Carlito is done signing the card now, and I shake his hand and he replies with "Thanks." (I think) I don't even recall looking at him at this point which may have looked pretty tarded. My head was totally out of it. I was a mixed bag of emotions and didn't know what to think I guess.

So that was my day, not as cool as Slash666's experience but my dad got tickets to Smackdown in December which made the day better for me. I'll see Finlay twice now in Dec...or so it seems.

If you took the time to read this, then I salute you..  ok
To those that didn't - you probably saved a few mins of your life.  hihi

Oh, and heres a pic:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:52:50 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10906 on: October 20, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »

atleast you got to meet Kennedy & Carlito where as I just met Batista....well and Tony Garea  Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #10907 on: October 22, 2007, 02:05:03 PM »

WWE?s plan has been to hold off on Chris Jericho?s return until Sunday?s Cyber Sunday pay-per-view. However due to the recent decline in ratings the USA Network has asked that WWE save his return for RAW. USA President Bonnie Hammer has made suggestions in the past, but WWE creative has been reluctant to use them.

Does this confirm Jericho has indeed signed a deal with again with the WWE?

I'm tired of hearing all this speculation on "Jericho returning to Raw" when we aren't even guaranteed that he has signed with the WWE again.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10908 on: October 22, 2007, 02:13:10 PM »

^If Jericho's return takes place on Raw and it's a 'surprise', how will that improve the ratings of the show? Different if it was advertised.

I know what I'm trying to say, but I don't think I said it properly. headscratch

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10909 on: October 22, 2007, 03:01:10 PM »

^If Jericho's return takes place on Raw and it's a 'surprise', how will that improve the ratings of the show? Different if it was advertised.

I know what I'm trying to say, but I don't think I said it properly. headscratch

i follow. what they should do is promote that something BIG is going to happen on raw this week ( or whichever )... so let the hype begin. they've done some stuff like that i remember.. hogan appearance, shane announcement that would have an impact- of what though i forget.. but i thought that he would announce he bought tna ..then whatever it was was just a yawn.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10910 on: October 23, 2007, 10:38:31 AM »

Following last night?s edition of RAW, here is the updated Cyber Sunday card for this weekend?s pay-per-view:

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton (c) vs. the fan?s choice of Shawn Michaels, Mr. Kennedy, or Jeff Hardy

World Championship Match
Batista (c) vs. The Undertaker with the fan?s choice of Steve Austin, Mick Foley, or JBL as special referee

ECW Championship Match
CM Punk (c) vs. the fan?s choice of John Morrison, Big Daddy V, or The Miz

MVP (c) vs. Matt Hardy in the fan?s choice of a Wrestling Match, Boxing Match, or a Mixed Martial Arts Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay in the fan?s choice of a Stretcher Match, a Shilleglah on a Pole Match, or a No Disqualification Match

Triple H vs. Umaga in the fan?s choice of a First Blood Match, a Street Fight, or a Steel Cage Match

A Diva Halloween Costume Contest

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10911 on: October 23, 2007, 11:03:56 AM »

Anyone else think D.H. Smith's debut was a bit...flat.

I mean you come back from commercial and bang he's in the ring.  Then they refer to stuff on wwe.com like they really expect you to of viewed it.  He should of been given a much bigger debut or they should of made a bigger thing about it is what i mean.  Good to see him being given a clean win and all, he seemed a bit slow in the ring, still, mucho potential, oh and the name change, not good.  What annoys me to is these days so many crowds seem flat for everything.

....This is one of the reasons my love for TNA is growing (Anyone who knows me will probably be shocked i'm showing them any love  hihi ).  It used to annoy the hell out of me how the crowd got a hard on for pretty much anything but my views are swinging round, they are great and so into everything, if it's shit Russo has booked rather than giving stuff the "Conway Pop" they go ballastic and piss all over it with chants such as "Fire Russo".  And whether it's high flying X-Division stuff, great Heavyweight fights involving Sting, Angle, Christian & Joe, they give it respect.  They are one of those crowds who know the whole roster and pop for them all, guys like Shark Boy get bigger pops than half the WWE Roster, the crowd cares!

Now firstly i'll briefly cover the negatives, i hate the fact Eric Young is pushed, AMW since splitting after initially having a good feud seem to be getting lost in the mix, why did they hire Pacman and assuming the rumours are true why is there consideration to bringing in David Arquette?  Oh and how dumb are "Reverse" Battle Royals.  Why did they turn Petey Williams face and kill his push and well....existence?

But see every promotion at every period/era does things some fans don't like, no company is perfect throughout and there are always gonna be either mistakes or things you don't like.  What i do like is the fact TNA, for me, are at a point where the positives far out rank and out number the negatives.

Now turning SMARK mode off.  I think it's great Nash is getting involved again.  Fine the guy can't work a lick but he's damn entertaining and the rumours of guys like Booker T, Sean Waltman and Scott Hall coming in are great Cheesy

In his Bodyguard role they are showing patience and slowly but surely making Matt Morgan credible after what WWE did to him.

Not a month goes by where TNA goes without a Battle Royal, and hell i love 'em, keep them coming.

Amazing Kong just goes to show TNA cares about their Women's Division, and....having them.....wrestle.

AJ Styles has developed a personality and can now cut promo's and the guy has been hilarious, him thanking Ivan Drago and Kip James (despite him being 2wice his age at 50) was priceless.

When they have grizzled veterans who are past their best they put them in gimmick matches to cover their shortcomings (Raven, Team 3D, Steiners).

For nearly all backstage segments they have Jeremy Borash, who is great and they actually acknowledge the camera's existence.

Now i don't read the spoilers things are a lot more interesting.

See i've read there have been crisis meetings in the company and people aren't happy but i'm really liking it, they have 4 fantastic main eventers in Sting, Joe, Angle & Cage, a Tag Division with the best team at the moment in existence; Motor City Machine Guns, Triple X are back, they are after big names, things are pretty sweet. Smiley
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10912 on: October 23, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »

yeah I agree, Smith's debut was really bad. His in-ring skills were good but WWE could have easily given him a better debut and built him up better. I also agree that WWE's crowds are generally weaker than TNA's, which I put down to the fact the WWE's crowd is largely kids who only chant for the likes of Cena & HHH

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10913 on: October 23, 2007, 03:04:56 PM »

Was I the only one who found Jerry Lawler's "hope that wasn't about Mantaur" comment on Raw last night hilarious?

And what happened after the save.us video played? The screen froze and when it came back, it was in the middle of a break.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10914 on: October 23, 2007, 03:32:59 PM »

Was I the only one who found Jerry Lawler's "hope that wasn't about Mantaur" comment on Raw last night hilarious?
Yeah that was cool, especially since most of the kids wouldn't "Get It"

And what happened after the save.us video played? The screen froze and when it came back, it was in the middle of a break.
Santino started rambling about how it was probably Stone Cold then said actually no he doesnt have the guts to show himself and so on while the entire crowd chanted....."Y2J"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10915 on: October 24, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »

Sky Sports Dissapoints UK WWE FANS

Sky Sports announced this week that their package is changing from the 1st November, customers who only subscribe to Sky Sports 1 or 2 will no longer receive the bonus channel Sky Sports 3 - This has disappointed many WWE fans.

rant

Torrent sites.....i salute you!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10916 on: October 25, 2007, 12:39:57 PM »

thank god I've now got Virgin Media

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10917 on: October 27, 2007, 12:23:33 PM »

I'm sticking with my week-early Cyber Sunday predictions with the exception of the World Title match. I have a feeling it'll be a DQ/no contest ending.

Oh, and Big Daddy V will fight Punk.

I hope.

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10918 on: October 27, 2007, 01:04:23 PM »

tna impact this week was pretty good.
some ideas to make it better -
how about more than 1 knockout match? and not amazing kong squashing another hottie?

the team 3-D attacks on the x division reminds me of what kevin nash was doing awhile back. hopefully this leads to more mic time for machine guns, dutt, sharkboy, havok - ? yeah him too.

please please make kip james wear men tights to the ring unless doing a retun gimic of the billy and chuck days  confused

what are they doing with chris harris ? making him a heel now to feud with rhino? since james storm just feuded with rhino - could this be a reunited AMW as heels? how stacked would tna's tag team division be now? - let us count em up: steiners, tomko/styles, vkm, team3d, machine guns. LAX, XXX, and some add-ons: Fatu and Samoa Joe, Raven and Black Reign, -- put any 2 of those teams in a match and doesnt disappoint  ok

as for Cyber Sunday - all rigged... dont expect much from this. Orton wins, Punk loses, HHH wins, choose a ref - who cares? Batista wins.  Am looking forward to ecw monster match up though on sci fi.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10919 on: October 27, 2007, 02:11:09 PM »

If you go to www.saveus-222.com then click on the picture, a password prompt appears.

username - SAVOUR_SELF
password - SUNDAYCOMING

When you're on the next page, press CTRL and A, for a nice message.

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: