Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834170 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10880 on: October 15, 2007, 06:57:07 AM »

I'm meeting Batista at a HMV signing in 3 hours, and Im not even the least bit excited...although I must see if hes a prick like many say  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10881 on: October 15, 2007, 09:28:34 AM »

I'm meeting Batista at a HMV signing in 3 hours, and Im not even the least bit excited...although I must see if hes a prick like many say? hihi
Have fun dude. Make sure to tell us in detail about it.

You get Batista, we get The fucking Miz and Extreme Expose'.  no

And on the second day we get Kennedy and Carlito.  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #10882 on: October 15, 2007, 01:17:52 PM »

I'm meeting Batista at a HMV signing in 3 hours, and Im not even the least bit excited...although I must see if hes a prick like many say? hihi

Hmmm i think thats cool but i have heard hes a real ass hole to his fans  so give us an update when u get back!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10883 on: October 15, 2007, 04:03:12 PM »

Anyone catch the TNA ppv?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #10884 on: October 15, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »

no but i see that stings the new champ

Peace

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10885 on: October 16, 2007, 08:20:32 AM »

After queuing nearly two hours outside HMV we were finally allowed inside. We waited and waited, whilst WWE Anthology was playing over the speakers. Eventually Batista finally came, abeit nearly and hour late! We were told that there were no photographs allowed and that you must have your 1 WWE Official Merchindise ready to be signed. As it came time to meet him, I handed him my WWE Magazine to be signed which he did before you know it but he did actually smile at me and said "take care" which I was surprised at, but by God is he big. He's gotta be on steroids! Just as I turned to leave I noticed a certain WWE Road Agent at the side, Tony Garea. I stood and chatted with him for about a minute and he was a really nice guy, even got a picture with him and the WWE.com photographer took a picure of me and him. After the signing we were all given a quite cool WWE Smacdown vs Raw 2008 CM Punk poster for free.

Well after that me & my mate (sweet616) headed to the arena, we checked out the merch which wasn't up to much. So we decided to go round the back of the arena in hope of seeing some wrestlers. We waited about 5 minutes, then we saw Matt Striker looking at us & making fun of us from a window. Staight after, Kevin Thorn came out to get something from their tourbus dressed in an all white NBA style tracksuit which got 1 or 2 people saying "oh no not Mordecai again!". Then a certain MVP walked out to get something while trying to hide from us all, nice way to get alittle heat. Over the space of 5 minutes we saw Victoria, Maryse & Matt Hardy looking out the window. Then from nowhere Matt Striker came out to sign autographs and was joking around with everyone and managed to get my WWE mag signed aswell as a funny little video of him taking the piss of me haha. We then saw Smackdown referee Jim Korderas who we managed to persuade over, he signed my mag, posed for a picture aswell as giving me some great refereeing advice. We left after that to go to our seats.

This is how the show went:

Lights went out and all of a sudden "Welcome To The Jungle" started blasting out of the speakers and who comes out but the man himself, Howard Finkel!!! (I marked for that)
Fink then introduced our GM for the evening, Armando Estrada! who proceded to tell everybody to listen...to me. He announced that tonights matches would include ECW Title match: Punk vs Morrison, US Title match: Hardy vs MVP, Chris Masters & Finlay vs Kane & The Undertaker (which got a huge pop) & also World title match: Batista vs Khali vs Mysterio.

To start the show was Deuce N' Domino w/Cherry vs Jesse & Festus. Payed more attention to Cherrys arse than the match, Cherry looked hot! The match was a basic chain match with Jesse getting the pin from a diving cross-body. Jesse & Festus then got a kid from the crowd in the ring to play Festus's head like a bongo.

Kevin Thorn vs Johnny Jeter (of Spirit Squad fame), balanced match in which Thorn got the pin with the Original Sin. Jeter was over more than I thought he would be.

Dave Taylor vs Chuck Palumbo, as you can imagaine I marked like mad for Palumbo & even patted him on the shoulder. Pretty decent match with both men getting some good offense, Palumbo got the pin with a big boot. Chuck was well over!

next was the Diva Best Body contest between Maryse, Katrina (Katie Lea), Michelle McCool & Victoria. The Diva's look much hotter in real life and Michelle McCool has the nicest arse I've ever seen? yes. Anyways, Michelle McCool won and then Victoria & Katrina tried to take her out but got clotheslined by McCool. Maryse's bra almost came off, she had to get rushed to the back.

last match of the first half was MVP vs Matt Hardy, really good match, both men were over. MVP won with roll-up with ropes, then Deuce N' Domino ran in but got thrown out of the ring by Hardy & MVP. Hardy then gave MVP a side-effect.

During the interval, Fink plugged WWE merch, which got a "you should be on QVC" chant from us. He also said WWE is returning to the UK in April

next match was CM Punk vs John Morrison (those ab's were unbelieveable), Punk won with GTS in a good match. Matt Striker & Big Daddy V beat Punk down. Punk was really over. I patted Big Daddy V on the arm and it felt horrible, I smelt my hand afterwards and it stunk of baby oil.

next was Masters & Finlay vs Kane & Undertaker, Takers entrance is so great in person. Taker & Kane won with double chokeslams, great match, they were so over

Main event now Batista vs Khali vs Mysterio, only lasted less then 10 minutes, Batista won by spearing Khali, Mysterio was well over with the crowd & Khali was quite over somehow, Batista got abit of heat.

After the show, I was lucky enough to meet Matt Hardy was a really nice guy and signed my mag. No one else came out to sign but we did see Khali leaning against the tourbus.

All in all it was a pretty decent show

Most Over:
1.Undertaker
2.Rey Mysterio
3.Matt Hardy
4.CM Punk
5.Kane

Most Heat:
1.Khali/Batista
2.Dave Taylor (he insulted everone on the mic)
3.Deuce N' Domino
4.John Morrison
5.Kevin Thorn

Match of The Night was Master & Finlay vs Undertaker & Kane

I should have some picutres up later

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10886 on: October 16, 2007, 09:07:14 AM »

no but i see that stings the new champ

Peace

A very good show! ... some highlights: lax vs senshi and primetime - off the charts!!,
tomko and AJ - aj wrestling skills and flying spots were a treat,
the new team pac man guy wasnt special but sets up a new tagteam - truth and consquences as pacman jones fades out,
eric young is how eugene of wwe should have been used - acts goofy yet his wrestling skills are not goofy.  peace
and that's just the first couple of matches.
not liking that kevin nash getting a push to fight again - his back stage stuff on impact still missing... and where is bob backlund?
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10887 on: October 16, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »

After queuing nearly two hours outside HMV we were finally allowed inside. We waited and waited, whilst WWE Anthology was playing over the speakers. Eventually Batista finally came, abeit nearly and hour late! We were told that there were no photographs allowed and that you must have your 1 WWE Official Merchindise ready to be signed. As it came time to meet him, I handed him my WWE Magazine to be signed which he did before you know it but he did actually smile at me and said "take care" which I was surprised at, but by God is he big. He's gotta be on steroids! Just as I turned to leave I noticed a certain WWE Road Agent at the side, Tony Garea. I stood and chatted with him for about a minute and he was a really nice guy, even got a picture with him and the WWE.com photographer took a picure of me and him. After the signing we were all given a quite cool WWE Smacdown vs Raw 2008 CM Punk poster for free.

Well after that me & my mate (sweet616) headed to the arena, we checked out the merch which wasn't up to much. So we decided to go round the back of the arena in hope of seeing some wrestlers. We waited about 5 minutes, then we saw Matt Striker looking at us & making fun of us from a window. Staight after, Kevin Thorn came out to get something from their tourbus dressed in an all white NBA style tracksuit which got 1 or 2 people saying "oh no not Mordecai again!". Then a certain MVP walked out to get something while trying to hide from us all, nice way to get alittle heat. Over the space of 5 minutes we saw Victoria, Maryse & Matt Hardy looking out the window. Then from nowhere Matt Striker came out to sign autographs and was joking around with everyone and managed to get my WWE mag signed aswell as a funny little video of him taking the piss of me haha. We then saw Smackdown referee Jim Korderas who we managed to persuade over, he signed my mag, posed for a picture aswell as giving me some great refereeing advice. We left after that to go to our seats.

This is how the show went:

Lights went out and all of a sudden "Welcome To The Jungle" started blasting out of the speakers and who comes out but the man himself, Howard Finkel!!! (I marked for that)
Fink then introduced our GM for the evening, Armando Estrada! who proceded to tell everybody to listen...to me. He announced that tonights matches would include ECW Title match: Punk vs Morrison, US Title match: Hardy vs MVP, Chris Masters & Finlay vs Kane & The Undertaker (which got a huge pop) & also World title match: Batista vs Khali vs Mysterio.

To start the show was Deuce N' Domino w/Cherry vs Jesse & Festus. Payed more attention to Cherrys arse than the match, Cherry looked hot! The match was a basic chain match with Jesse getting the pin from a diving cross-body. Jesse & Festus then got a kid from the crowd in the ring to play Festus's head like a bongo.

Kevin Thorn vs Johnny Jeter (of Spirit Squad fame), balanced match in which Thorn got the pin with the Original Sin. Jeter was over more than I thought he would be.

Dave Taylor vs Chuck Palumbo, as you can imagaine I marked like mad for Palumbo & even patted him on the shoulder. Pretty decent match with both men getting some good offense, Palumbo got the pin with a big boot. Chuck was well over!

next was the Diva Best Body contest between Maryse, Katrina (Katie Lea), Michelle McCool & Victoria. The Diva's look much hotter in real life and Michelle McCool has the nicest arse I've ever seen  yes. Anyways, Michelle McCool won and then Victoria & Katrina tried to take her out but got clotheslined by McCool. Maryse's bra almost came off, she had to get rushed to the back.

last match of the first half was MVP vs Matt Hardy, really good match, both men were over. MVP won with roll-up with ropes, then Deuce N' Domino ran in but got thrown out of the ring by Hardy & MVP. Hardy then gave MVP a side-effect.

During the interval, Fink plugged WWE merch, which got a "you should be on QVC" chant from us. He also said WWE is returning to the UK in April

next match was CM Punk vs John Morrison (those ab's were unbelieveable), Punk won with GTS in a good match. Matt Striker & Big Daddy V beat Punk down. Punk was really over. I patted Big Daddy V on the arm and it felt horrible, I smelt my hand afterwards and it stunk of baby oil.

next was Masters & Finlay vs Kane & Undertaker, Takers entrance is so great in person. Taker & Kane won with double chokeslams, great match, they were so over

Main event now Batista vs Khali vs Mysterio, only lasted less then 10 minutes, Batista won by spearing Khali, Mysterio was well over with the crowd & Khali was quite over somehow, Batista got abit of heat.

After the show, I was lucky enough to meet Matt Hardy was a really nice guy and signed my mag. No one else came out to sign but we did see Khali leaning against the tourbus.

All in all it was a pretty decent show

Most Over:
1.Undertaker
2.Rey Mysterio
3.Matt Hardy
4.CM Punk
5.Kane

Most Heat:
1.Khali/Batista
2.Dave Taylor (he insulted everone on the mic)
3.Deuce N' Domino
4.John Morrison
5.Kevin Thorn

Match of The Night was Master & Finlay vs Undertaker & Kane

I should have some picutres up later
Sweet, thanks for the review dude.  ok
You lucky bastard you met Matt Hardy.
What sort of stuff did the wrestlers say to you when you met them anyways?
Any of them assholes?
Did you pat Michelle McCool on the ass? Did it smell of babyoil?  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10888 on: October 16, 2007, 02:26:47 PM »

all the wrestlers were really nice actually even Batista. Striker had us in stiches, he was signing a magazine for someone and asked the guys name, he said "matthew", Striker said "you can't have that name it's mine! Quick pick a new name right now!"

I also had Striker taking the piss outta me, shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3QG1rK7NTc

and some other video's I took from front row including Undertakers entrance:

Chuck Palumbo post match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQTuUbebnQE

Undertaker entrance part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6qV-cfut_Q

Undertaker entrance part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNu0sOD9ZEk

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #10889 on: October 16, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »

Booker T & Sharmell released from WWE..............
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/bookerreleased

Hmmmm i dont realy care but i am just pissed  off i cant use him in the wwe game

Peace

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10890 on: October 16, 2007, 04:20:25 PM »

Booker T & Sharmell released from WWE..............
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/bookerreleased

Hmmmm i dont realy care but i am just pissed? off i cant use him in the wwe game

Peace

The following is the official statement from WWE.com:
WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Shawn Daivari. We wish Daivari the best in all his future endeavors.

You can add this geezer to the list now, well it would be nice to see Booker in TNA.  Speaking of TNA, i enjoyed Bound For Glory, solid show, and the debut of the Creed wannabe was cool, Amazing Kong is what a women's wrestler should be reminds me of the great days of Bull Nakano, shame she popped out on the way out.  Shelly Martinez should stick to being a valet, getting her Gothy again and with Raven & Havok.

Nice stuff slash666, Matt Striker's gone up in my estimation, still can't believe you described a match involving Masters as being great.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10891 on: October 16, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

Nice stuff slash666, Matt Striker's gone up in my estimation, still can't believe you described a match involving Masters as being great.

well it wasn't so much him but Taker, Kane & Finlay carrying him. Undertaker being there always meant it was gonna be a good match

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10892 on: October 17, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1182

He?s the Heartbreak Kid; the Showstopper. For more than two decades, Shawn Michaels has had amazing matches inside the ring and controversial moments outside the ring. Now, for the first time on DVD, fans can see the whole story, from the Rockers through D-Generation X and the clique and Montreal Screwjob along the way. This 3-disc DVD set collects some of Shawn?s greatest matches, including many matches never before available on DVD.

Matches include:

Shawn Michaels vs. Billy Jack Haynes
WCCW 11/1/85

AWA Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers
AWA 10/2/87

AWA Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Rockers vs. Super Ninja & Ninja Go
AWA 12/6/87

The Rockers vs. The Brainbusters
MSG 23/1/89

WWE Tag Team Championship (2 out of 3 falls)
The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation
October 1990

The Rockers vs. Orient Express
Royal Rumble 19/1/91

Intercontinental Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog
Saturday Night?s Main Event 8/11/92

Shawn Michaels enters #1 and wins the Rumble
Royal Rumble 22/1/95

Intercontinental Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett
In Your House 23/7/95

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog
King of the Ring 23/6/96

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
RAW 29/12/03

The Rockers vs. La Resistance
RAW 14/3/05

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle
Vengeance 26/6/05

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena
RAW 23/4/07

I'm quite impressed with the set, they picked my favourite of his matches with Triple H, the extremely underated IC Title match with Double J, some rare Rockers match-ups (Several which aren't on DVD...), his IC win over Davey Boy Smith, another not available on DVD.  It's cool, a lot of WWE releases ignore past ones and are more updates than a Part II.  This is a great sequel to From The Vault with a bunch of great different match-ups and there are still enough absent and i'm sure several more classics to come for another DVD in a few years yes

*In bold are the ones i believe have never been on DVD before.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #10893 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:50 PM »

Thats an amazing set of Matches!! i Cant wate till that comes out!!!

Peace

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10894 on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:33 AM »

October 1990[/b]

This isint he match at a house show, where the rockers "accidently" wont the belts.... But were never awarded them on tv as part of the story, is it??
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10895 on: October 18, 2007, 06:56:20 AM »

October 1990[/b]

This isint he match at a house show, where the rockers "accidently" wont the belts.... But were never awarded them on tv as part of the story, is it??
The match you are talking about was 2 out of 3 falls, happened in October of 1990 so i'd say there is a good chance..... yes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10896 on: October 18, 2007, 07:17:27 AM »

^Wow, I only have 2 of those matches. Maybe I'll pick this up.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10897 on: October 18, 2007, 07:22:04 AM »

October 1990[/b]

The match you are talking about was 2 out of 3 falls, happened in October of 1990 so i'd say there is a good chance..... yes

drool

Marty Jannetty always gettin screwed  no
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10898 on: October 19, 2007, 06:11:48 PM »

I can confirm that Kristal Marshall was let go by WWE. She was dating Lashley and was just involved in a major storyline. We don't have anything more.

More soon

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10899 on: October 19, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »

can lashley be too far behind? soon raw will merge with ecw-sd like old times sorta.

tna impact was pretty good again - christian is fun to watch. and dudleys doing ok -still.
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: