Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228532 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833088 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10800 on: September 21, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »

-- The following comes from ECW.com:

Marcus Cor Von released Written: September 19, 2007

As first reported by WWE Mobile Alerts, WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Marcus Cor Von as of September 19. We wish him the best in all his future endeavors.

Sad

I would have thought that they would want to keep as many members of the ECW roster as they could. Undecided

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #10801 on: September 22, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »

its kind of sad what ECW has turnd in to it realy a wreck  only 14 stars

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10802 on: September 22, 2007, 02:22:03 PM »

ecw is boring and has been for awhile. look at all guys they lost after having such a promising build up with RVD / Cena / Edge/ Angle...  Paul Heyman is sorely missed, Sandman, Sabu, and the list goes on and on.
they'll have elijah burke and CM go at it again at the next ppv and the one after that and in between a few matches on sci-fi ... yawn.  Next thing we'll probably see is a push for stevie richards or the miz (didnt he lose to Daniel Puder and yet Puder is out and Miz is in  Huh )

the wwe pays money to do another diva contest while not hiring worthy talent. who was the last next big thing that the wwe paid for? ... all seemingly busts as all the hype led to nothing- Test in ecw, Dan Rodimer, there was that Russian guy, Turkay. TNA making headlines with Cage, Sting, Steiner, Tomko, Angle and yes even Pacman - i wonder if they'll also try to get OJ? ... not sure if wanted Pacman with the gold though as flashback to wcw and jay leno in the ring or david arquette withe the wcw title come to mind. 

Now Cryme Tyme was cut and for what? hmmm and yet Orton is still around after his backstage nonsense? Maybe Al Sharpton should look into this... add a few more injuries (if cena gets hurt OHSH*TZ), a few more TNA steals  and the COngressional investigations on steriod use and wwe might just be RIP.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10803 on: September 22, 2007, 04:41:16 PM »

Now Cryme Tyme was cut and for what? hmmm and yet Orton is still around after his backstage nonsense? Maybe Al Sharpton should look into this... add a few more injuries (if cena gets hurt OHSH*TZ), a few more TNA steals  and the COngressional investigations on steriod use and wwe might just be RIP.
I wouldn't go that far dude.  Wink

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10804 on: September 22, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »

ecw is boring and has been for awhile. look at all guys they lost after having such a promising build up with RVD / Cena / Edge/ Angle...? Paul Heyman is sorely missed, Sandman, Sabu, and the list goes on and on.
they'll have elijah burke and CM go at it again at the next ppv and the one after that and in between a few matches on sci-fi ... yawn.? Next thing we'll probably see is a push for stevie richards or the miz (didnt he lose to Daniel Puder and yet Puder is out and Miz is in? Huh )

the wwe pays money to do another diva contest while not hiring worthy talent. who was the last next big thing that the wwe paid for? ... all seemingly busts as all the hype led to nothing- Test in ecw, Dan Rodimer, there was that Russian guy, Turkay. TNA making headlines with Cage, Sting, Steiner, Tomko, Angle and yes even Pacman - i wonder if they'll also try to get OJ? ... not sure if wanted Pacman with the gold though as flashback to wcw and jay leno in the ring or david arquette withe the wcw title come to mind.?

Now Cryme Tyme was cut and for what? hmmm and yet Orton is still around after his backstage nonsense? Maybe Al Sharpton should look into this... add a few more injuries (if cena gets hurt OHSH*TZ), a few more TNA steals? and the COngressional investigations on steriod use and wwe might just be RIP.

Cryme Tyme got cut for using their finishing move on a referee who wasn't expecting it or trained to take it

WWE is not going anywhere they are looking to branch out more and more, Looking to make a UK territory, Looking at making more and more movies, The current WWE reminds of of RJ Reynolds the Cigarette company. RJ reynolds knew a long time go that they couldn't keep making money on cigarettes forever, so they bought kraft, miller beer, nabisco, and more investing their profits into a diversified field so they wont be going anywhere soon. ?That is how I view the wwe trying to take their profits and invest them elsewhere. Shane is pushing hard to invest into making a MMA league backed by the WWE. Vince is a smart man and he put the ECW and WCW down into the ground he will keep making money and product...... the only problem is , that he is hurting his longtime fan base ?by creating this new product that the hardcore legions dont want, but young kids do like. So while we are all pissed off at the current view on "wrestling" young kids love Cena, Love seeing him win and hold the title, to this generation he is their Hulk Hogan. He is their ultimate baby face. ?While we all know that Cena can't work the mic like the great ?(stone cold, the rock, even Hogan at times, ) he sells alot of product and puts young butts into the seats.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
bucketheader
Opening Act

Bucketheader- The Original And Best

« Reply #10805 on: September 25, 2007, 05:00:14 AM »

Nice to see the highlanders turning on teams now in order to get a title shot.

Anyone watching TNA? It's going up to 2 hours soon and is hotly tipped to do well.

Dude seriously, the album's coming, just be patient ok.

Bucketheader. The real deal on this forum and others.

I play in a little band called Patchwork Grace too.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10806 on: September 25, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »

Last night on RAW, WWE aired a very strange and cryptical video clip. The clip shows blue text scrolling on a black screen - very similar to the green scrolling text from the movie "The Matrix". Text is constantly flashing on the screen and it's hard to make out exactly what to make of the clip.

The video has been posted online and by pausing the clip at certain spots, several "clues" can be made out:

- The phrase "SAVE_US.222" flashes several times and is the focus of the video

- Some of the frames show what looks like computer code containing the names of current and past WWE shows. It appears to be the "video paths" used by WWE's production software.

- Now, let the speculation begin. There is a "3-2-1" countdown that flashes quickly. One of the phrases that shows up a few times is "cd_volume4_1.act". On WWE's CD "WWE The Music: Volume 4", Track 1 is the theme music of .. Chris Jericho. With that in mind, the clip is somewhat similar to Chris Jericho's old entrance video.

- The phrase "7OCT" is repeated over and over on one frame. October 7th is the date of WWE's next PPV, No Mercy.

Several emails have pointed us to a bible verse being the hint on the video last night on RAW. Joshua 2:2 verse 2 It was told the king of Jericho, saying, "Behold, men from the sons of Israel have come here tonight to search out the land."

And if you missed it: http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=192748892

Let's hope this is true, his return would be awesome! yes

I'll watch the TNA 2 hours because i'm curious but the way i see it is for a 1 hour show they suck, a week later talent who wasn't on the previous week competes on the show and it also sucks, so putting 2 sucky hours together = what?  a good show?  True they'll have 8 hours a month instead of 4 but if they can't write quality stuff for 4 then 8 is only going to make things harder, i don't buy this, they don't have enough time and have to squash everything in crap.  Incidently i have been watching it the past few weeks, mainly because i like to keep in touch with what's happening, and there's been some good (Angle - Kurt & Karen - She is REALLY good, Christian's Coalition) and some bad (Junior Fatu).  Seems everytime things are going swimmingly though you read about something goofy, seems they are going to have another Reverse Battle Royal, now it that isn't a future Wrestlecrap Induction waiting to happen i don't know what is.

Highlanders heel turn eh?  Is that because creative likes them or RAW ran out of tag teams, i'd like to think they were liked but i'm guessing it's to do with the latter...

......Kilts on a Pole Match  no Ladder Match  yes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10807 on: September 25, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »

^Wow, so I didn't imagine that then.

I saw the 'save us 222' thing but I wasn't really paying that much attention. I thought it was an ad for Cyber Sunday. hihi

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #10808 on: September 25, 2007, 05:17:13 PM »

I saw the 'save us 222' thing but I wasn't really paying that much attention. I thought it was an ad for Cyber Sunday. hihi
Yeah I thought it was a Cyber Sunday Promo video too.

Let's hope Hammys prediction was right though.  yes

It would be so fucking awesome if they used that method in bringing him back.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10809 on: September 25, 2007, 05:21:25 PM »

Let's hope Hammys prediction was right though.? yes

hihi That's just copied and pasted from wrestlezone dude, not my prediction, although it looks plausable.  When i saw the video i knew there was something odd about it, thought it might be for a new wrestler, strange but i never thought of Jericho, i guess because of the net, since we are in a day and age where if he was returning in the next few weeks, we'd expect to know, shame that....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10810 on: September 26, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »

Let's hope Hammys prediction was right though.? yes

hihi That's just copied and pasted from wrestlezone dude, not my prediction, although it looks plausable.? When i saw the video i knew there was something odd about it, thought it might be for a new wrestler, strange but i never thought of Jericho, i guess because of the net, since we are in a day and age where if he was returning in the next few weeks, we'd expect to know, shame that....

When Jericho orginally came to the WWF, they did the same sorta thing... "The Countdown" started a few months before he came, and at first no one knew who it was...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10811 on: September 26, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »

Source: F4Wonline.com

- This past June, before the Benoit deaths, former WWE creative writer Court Bauer approached the rest of the WWE creative team with an idea to bring back either Chris Jericho or The New Hart Foundation. The idea was to do a viral marketing campaign, something Jericho-like that would basically be an updated version of the Y2J countdown clock that he debuted to in 1999. Ideas included websites setup by third parties so they wouldn't be traced to WWE, deals on YouTube and TV, mystery ads on WWE.com (where for example, in the Hart Foundation idea, maybe a "public service announcement" about heart attacks that would take you to a Calgary-related website) and more. The idea was to be something that the fans could get involved with and excited about in trying to "crack the code."

At the time, the rest of the WWE creative team loved the idea then things went into disarray when the Benoit tragedy happened and everything related to the idea went down. One of the main parts is that there would have been clues indicating that the promos were all about Jericho (the WWE theme music CD clue) but also deliberate misdirects (WrestleMania99) to confuse the fans and make the game more interesting. The whole SAVE_US.222 could have nothing to do with Jericho, but it is very similar to the original idea and has the whole Jericho feel to it.

Personally I do think it is Jericho, main reasons are: the cd_volume4_01 thing which is ofcourse Jericho's entrance music, the passage from the bible from the king of Jericho & for the past month or so there have been many signs at Raw saying "Save Us Y2J" which could relate to the Save_Us.222 message

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10812 on: September 26, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »

^Didn't Nine Inch Nails do something like that??

But yeah, hopefully it is Y2J. yes

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10813 on: September 26, 2007, 07:42:17 PM »

Maybe it's King Kong Bundy!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #10814 on: September 27, 2007, 10:44:16 PM »

I Hope!!!

Peace

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10815 on: September 28, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »

I Hope!!!

Peace

Always wanted to see King Kong Bundy and Big Show in the ring - either as a tag team or opponents.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10816 on: September 29, 2007, 02:43:14 PM »

Finlay VS. Rey Mysterio has been added to No Mercy.

Only 4 matches announced so far and it's next week.

LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #10817 on: September 29, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »

who hear thins Y2J will be comeing to WWE verry soon??

Peace

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10818 on: October 01, 2007, 08:25:50 AM »

I have been looking frame by frame at the recent saveus_222 video from RAW this past week and I find it interesting that if you listen closely near the end, you can hear a faint "I'm Back." At the beginning, it says 7 OCT, the same day of No Mercy. In one frame, it says catman (perhaps a lion). It also says bookshelves, maybe a hint for Jericho's new book. Another interesting note is, if you play it back and listen carefully, you can hear the "Come On" like in Chris Jericho's entrance music. [Thanks to Robbie]

Not sure how much significance there is to this, but if you take a look at the tour dates on Chris Jericho's official web site (chrisjericho.com), they skip every Monday. I just thought that was interesting. [Thanks to Junior Thompson]

A number of web sites are popping up all over the Internet with the SAVEUS_222 video. Most of them have something to do with Chris Jericho. [Thanks to Steven]

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10819 on: October 01, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »

I think its safe to say that it is Jericho as at one point if you watch it in super slow motion in the top right of the video it says JERI_CHO

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: