Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826042 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9780 on: May 09, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »

Jesus, Edge new World Champion!  Cheesy

And Ozzy playing live next week on Smackdown (probably to promote his new album)

Could things get any better! yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9781 on: May 09, 2007, 11:56:58 AM »

Of course it would of boosted things there is no doubt about it, that match was dead in the water a long time ago.  There were plans for him still to be on the card though 'til his drunken mistake over the Hall of Fame.  The point is even without him they still did really good business, course it would of been better with him as it would of with Austin, Rock, Hart etc.  The point is they did not do really bad business and they don't REALLY need him as much as he would like to think.

Actually, that would be "as much as Vince thinks".  Hogan didn't really care one way or the other.  It was Vince who got pissed.

I hardly take Hogan's word for things.  This match being as big as it was somebody had to go over clean, you could not have a cheap finish on a match this big and neither was willingly to go over clean on the biggest show.  Even with a rematch a month later the 'Mania win would be the one that mattered.  I'd say they were both equally to blame....

I would too...if it wasn't Steve who flatly said, before discussions could really even take place, he wouldn't wrestle unless Hogan jobbed.  Hogan didn't say, as a condition, he had to go over clean....he didn't even say he wouldn't job to Steve when discussions started. He just wanted to have the conversation with creative to plot out the program and the finish. Steve wanted the finish basically written before agreeing to wrestle.  Hogan simply pulled out because he thought it was disrespectful for Steve to put that kind of restriction on the finish up before everything was even put in place, especially considering WHERE and WHEN he was making that request.

They also want to put on one hell of a match so there's money in a Hogan Austin II somewhere down the line.  Obviously not a techincial masterpiece but something that keeps the fans entertained, they want to draw big at the time but they also wanted it to deliver so people want to come back for more, the way Hogan's knees are going he won't be able to work at all in a few years...

Again, nobody could have a realistic expectation that this match was going to be a clinic....and I don't think Hogan, even when recently, and Austin have ever had a problem keeping the crowd entertained without bumping big.

Another thing: Hogan's said, recently, that the knees are much better....he's actually able to run again.  Not sure how long that will last, obviuosly, but the reports from the Memphis show, and his match with the former Big show, was that he was much more mobile than he has been.

That did nothing for Orton.  Hogan only made a few appearances and then Orton jobbed cleanly and that was it, it was clear who was better there was no rub, no making it look like Orton was close to Hogan's league.  Now look at Orton's program with Taker, Taker may of come out on top but he also jobbed and made Orton look competent, Hogan's program with Orton was worthless!  Hogan vs Warrior was meant to be the passing of the torch, Hogan was meant to be on the way out there was no need for him to roll in the ring after and hand him the belt and do the right thing, it was Warrior's time in the spotlight but Hogan HAD to get involved.

I just flat out disagree.  Orton was in a high profile program, even though he wasn't in the title chase.  He was able to further his "Legend Killer" persona, even in losing, and he got all the pre-match heat during the build up.  Since it was pitched as a "one off", he sorta had to lose the actual match....(much like he had to lose to 'Taker).  Orton then fucked himself out of any momentum he had.

Again, Hogan did what creative told him to do for Warrior.  His return to hand over the belt was the ACTUAL symbolic passing of the torch....it was just passing the belt.  It wasn't HOGAN who had to get involved...it was the way creative wanted the storyline to play out.  You're attributing WAY too much to Hogan on this one....no matter how much you dislike it.

hihi I'll choose not to, there was one beneficiary of that bungled finish and that was Hogan.

Bischoff, Nash, etc have all said it was their call....they had plans (that ultimately fell through....I can't remember the particulars though....politics, I'm sure) to "make it better", sorta like the Andre/Hogan/twin ref screwjob. 

In all honesty i was unaware that Austin was being awkward and Hogan wasn't by all accounts i believed they both were.  Now as for Austin's long absence i would say that's increased his draw in the wrestling ring.  Yeah Hogan comes back and draws big but Austin, hell people don't think they'll ever see him wrestle again, for him to get in the ring again i think that would be huge.  As for the lack of respect, i believe Austin dislikes Hogan because of the way he and other "Top" guys treated him in WCW and also he's good friends with Bret Hart who has issue with Hogan for refusing to put him over in WWE when he was leaving....

Yup, for once it was someone OTHER than Hogan being a bastard. I know it's hard for smarks to believe, but....it appears to be true.

Austin dislikes Hogan because Hogan is, was, and always will be a bigger name.  It's jealousy. Otherwise, why make the demand as part of your package?  Maybe there's some resentment too, but....ye gods...Austin was awful in WCW.  Not because Hogan and the upper echelon (actually, it was mostly Flair, not Hogan, at that point) held him down, but because Stunning Steve Austin was god awful as a gimmick, and the man's mic skills were stunted. 

I'm not sure Brett resents Hogan, especially not anymore.  Goldberge? Yes.  Hogan?  I think the water is long since under that bridge.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9782 on: May 09, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »

I was sure Bret and Goldberg were friends now.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9783 on: May 09, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »

if someone was to go over it would have to be Austin. Yeah sure Hogan draws but the amount of nostalgia involved makes me cringe. Hogan is gonna be known forever no doubt about that but Austin is the only one that could have benifited from going over, think about it, people would say "oh did you see WM where Hogan beat Austin" they'd be like "Oh which mania was that?", where as if you had Austin go over they'd be like "Oh yeah Austin kicked Hogans ass, it was mint"

Personally I am thankful that match never took place. Hogan was never a GREAT wrestler quite like Cena he draws but cannot hold himself the best in the ring. Austin has always been a proven wrestler and a tough son of a bitch at that. Nowadays, Austin is more of a fan favourite than Hogan cause Hogan has always been gone then back. Whereas Austin sends the fans wild whenever he enters, and like someone said before he carried WWE on his shoulders through there toughest period, which was partly Hogans fault (one of main prosecuters in the steroids trial), if Hogan really cared about WWE and not the money & fame he would have stayed and not try to do everything he has done in the past to jeopradize the future for WWE

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9784 on: May 09, 2007, 05:41:45 PM »

^ Cena & Batista still champs by WM24? confused

Cena maybe.

Batista no

i just was trying to show a potential card. ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #9785 on: May 09, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »

Edge is the new World Heavyweight Champian

Pittsburgh Stealer

By Craig Tello
Written: May 8, 2007

PITTSBURGH ? The Rated-R Superstar cashed in his newly acquired Money in the Bank title opportunity tonight and knocked the sports-entertainment world off its axis by becoming the new World Heavyweight Champion. Following a beastly, relentless attack from a returning Mark Henry, Edge picked the bones of a bloodied Undertaker to win the first World Heavyweight Championship of his career.

With Edge?s nefarious, well-calculated triumph taking place at the close of Undertaker and Batista?s tumultuous caged war, the Steel City became the ?Steal City? tonight.

Though the night ended with an R-rated celebration, it was originally a night where the fate of the World Heavyweight Championship was to be decided within the merciless walls of a 15-foot high steel cage. For what seemed like an eternity of brutality, Undertaker and Batista took one another to their physical limits, as both warriors nearly exploded through the fortified steel.

Beaten and barely able to stand, the challenger and the champion ultimately managed to somehow escape the cage at the exact same moment, ending the contest in a draw. Thus, the epic, four-month rivalry between The Phenom and The Animal ? two of the most dominant competitors in SmackDown history ? culminated with controversy and indecision, much similar to their fierce Last Man Standing Match at Backlash.

Moments after Batista and The Deadman gave every last ounce of themselves in pursuit of the title, the unexpected sound of the World?s Strongest Man?s theme music rung throughout the Mellon Arena. At the end of one of the most savage Steel Cage Match in history, Henry nearly maimed The Phenom and left him a mess in the center of the ring. Only then, with the fallen gladiator ravaged, the Rated-R Superstar would come to claim his championship opportunity.

Just 24 hours after shrewdly coaxing Mr. Kennedy into defending the Money in the Bank opportunity and seizing it on Raw, Edge defected to SmackDown at the most opportune moment. One Spear and three counts of the referee?s hand later, it was New Year?s Revolution 2006 all over again. Yet again, Edge cashed in the Money in the Bank guarantee for a title match any time, any place, anywhere ? this time for the World Heavyweight Championship. As an opportunistic Edge stood as the newly crowned bearer of SmackDown?s richest prize, the very landscape of sports-entertainment morphed to become Rated-R.

See this chaotic confrontation between The Animal and The Deadman as well as the new champion?s vile, heinous master plan realized by tuning in Friday night, only on The CW Network.

from wwe.com
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9786 on: May 10, 2007, 07:36:36 AM »

if someone was to go over it would have to be Austin. Yeah sure Hogan draws but the amount of nostalgia involved makes me cringe. Hogan is gonna be known forever no doubt about that but Austin is the only one that could have benifited from going over, think about it, people would say "oh did you see WM where Hogan beat Austin" they'd be like "Oh which mania was that?", where as if you had Austin go over they'd be like "Oh yeah Austin kicked Hogans ass, it was mint"

Personally I am thankful that match never took place. Hogan was never a GREAT wrestler quite like Cena he draws but cannot hold himself the best in the ring. Austin has always been a proven wrestler and a tough son of a bitch at that. Nowadays, Austin is more of a fan favourite than Hogan cause Hogan has always been gone then back. Whereas Austin sends the fans wild whenever he enters, and like someone said before he carried WWE on his shoulders through there toughest period, which was partly Hogans fault (one of main prosecuters in the steroids trial), if Hogan really cared about WWE and not the money & fame he would have stayed and not try to do everything he has done in the past to jeopradize the future for WWE

Honestly, I think you're letting your "fandom" influence what you think should happen...just the fact you think Austin is more of a fan favorite than Hogan sort of tells that story.   The only reason there'd be a question in which 'mania Hogan beat Austin would be because Hogan's been a part of so many of them.... Oh, and I have thought about it...just not entirely from a fans standpoint, but from a creative standpoint,  a draw standpoint, and a business/career standpoint, too.  I can see LOTS of scenarios that would help both people.  But, again, it's not a matter of Hogan not wanting Steve to go over.....it's a matter of Hogan not wanting Steve to set the CONDITION of going over as part of the stipulation of working the match.

Hogan's job isn't to "care about the WWE".  That's Vince's job.  And considering the loyalty that Vince shows to the boys, I think it's laughable to persecute Hogan for doing what he needed to do to provide for his family and continue to have a career.  It's a cut throat business, and understanding that is tantamount to understanding WHY things happen.  Vince certainly plays the game that way......

As for the steroid trial, etc.....if you actually READ Hogan's testimony, you get  a much better picture of what happened.  Hogan's testimony wasn't very damning, actually, but the guy also couldn't commit perjury once he was called as a witness.  It's not like Hulk volunteered.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9787 on: May 10, 2007, 09:00:33 AM »

Hulk vs Austin at 'Mania draws whatever and whoever wins, unless they did something really dumb it will always be remembered.

Orton's Legend Killer persona is not aided by jobbing to legends.  Most of the heat he gained was because he mocked Hogan on tv and for the majority of the feud Hogan wasn't there....

...As for the Starrcade match with Sting.  That is WCW's Wrestlemania and Hogan had enough stroke to easily veto the decision, the match was a mess and he could of seen that coming....

...We may not agree on who said what and who's at fault with at lot of things but without doubt Hogan is the biggest thing ever in wrestling and the top draw and to question that is plain crazy.  I still kind of doubt Austin being jealous though, his gimmick sucking or not in WCW is not the issue, Austin had issue with his attitude and the way he and his friends conducted themselves and because of said issues he's unlikely to forget things and start showing him respect.  His dislike for Hogan is the reason Hogan and Rock had the program years ago instead of Hogan and Austin.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9788 on: May 10, 2007, 12:22:09 PM »

heres some really good news regarding Mr Kennedy:

WWE.com has reported that the initial diagnosis of Ken Kennedy?s triceps tear was incorrect. Dr. James Andrews examined Kennedy today and discovered that the muscle was not torn off the bone and the injury will NOT require surgery as previously expected.

Kennedy's triceps will be vulnerable to injury and the arm remains badly swollen.? He then went on to say, ?I?d expect him to be out of action for about six to eight weeks.?

The injury will keep the superstar out for several weeks, but this is a MUCH better scanario than if he had to undergo surgery, which would have required 6-8 months recovery time.

This news is excellent news for Kennedy and WWE, who feared they had lost another big superstar to injury. The Undertaker tore his biceps last week, is having surgery and will miss the same amount of time Kennedy would have missed.

This past week on RAW, WWE booked Kennedy to lose his Money In The Bank contract to Edge when it was assumed he would be out until 2008.

Possible Spoiler Below!
There are strong talks about turning Kennedy babyface upon his return.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9789 on: May 10, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »

WWE Judgement Day

WWE World Title Match: John Cena vs. The Great Khali
ECW World Title Match: Bobby Lashley vs. Shane and Vince McMahon, Umaga in a 3 on 1 Handicap
WWE U.S. Title Match: Chris Benoit vs. MVP in a 2 of 3 Falls match
New Breed Grudge Match: CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke

I gotta say I really like the WWE's new direction with no more brand ppv's

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9790 on: May 10, 2007, 02:23:31 PM »

Cena vs Khali will be terrible but im looking forward to Benoit/MVP & Burke/Punk

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9791 on: May 10, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »

Cena vs Khali will be terrible but im looking forward to Benoit/MVP & Burke/Punk
Plus Vince will put 110% into his match and much comedy value, this card could turn out ok.

TNA released former Tag Team champions The Naturals, Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas earlier today. While the reason for their release is still unknown, their profiles remain on the official TNA website.

The Naturals haven?t been pushed in TNA since the days when they were managed by Shane Douglas.

They really dropped the ball with this team.? They are a great team and are the future if pushed properly instead of past it teams like Team 3D and makeshift teams like Tomko & Scott Steiner.? WWE seem to care about tag teams again, they should sign these guys up!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9792 on: May 10, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »

Plus Vince will put 110% into his match and much comedy value, this card could turn out ok.

TNA released former Tag Team champions The Naturals, Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas earlier today. While the reason for their release is still unknown, their profiles remain on the official TNA website.

The Naturals haven?t been pushed in TNA since the days when they were managed by Shane Douglas.

They really dropped the ball with this team.? They are a great team and are the future if pushed properly instead of past it teams like Team 3D and makeshift teams like Tomko & Scott Steiner.? WWE seem to care about tag teams again, they should sign these guys up!

but they wont.

and why should they when they have "great" teams like Kane/boogeyman in the wings rofl

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9793 on: May 10, 2007, 05:58:31 PM »

but they wont.

and why should they when they have "great" teams like Kane/boogeyman in the wings rofl
They signed Monty Brown, Shannon Moore, Sonny Siaki, Trytan, Cassidy Reily & Sabu from TNA it's not totally out of the question....
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9794 on: May 10, 2007, 06:01:19 PM »

I agree, and the ECW title match will be fun most likely

That's a hatrick for Doull
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9795 on: May 10, 2007, 06:07:52 PM »

I agree, and the ECW title match will be fun most likely

yeah Vince is great and im looking forward to that match aswell.

and it looks like there will be Hardyz vs Cade & Murdoch again which can only be good. Gotta say i've been loving Cade & Murdoch on commentary

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9796 on: May 10, 2007, 06:49:29 PM »

Judgement Day will be the 1st time in years I want Cena to win as well  rofl

That's a hatrick for Doull
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #9797 on: May 10, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »

Judgement Day will be the 1st time in years I want Cena to win as well  rofl

same here.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9798 on: May 11, 2007, 08:19:04 AM »

This Cena/Khali rivalry seems a bit random. Khali attacks 3 guys and all of a sudden he's in the main event. He's only really had 2 proper rivalries since he arrived. Wouldn't he have gone after the WWE Title sooner?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9799 on: May 11, 2007, 08:29:40 AM »

This Cena/Khali rivalry seems a bit random. Khali attacks 3 guys and all of a sudden he's in the main event. He's only really had 2 proper rivalries since he arrived. Wouldn't he have gone after the WWE Title sooner?
Assuming we are trying to apply logic here....

...First his main intention was destroy Undertaker.

That failed so he switched brands and managed his little buddy for a while.

Now on RAW he's been a hired gun for Vince and had fun destroying random people like Kane, Eugene, Funaki, Jeff Hardy, The Highlanders, Ric Flair, Carlito, Super Crazy, Tommy Dreamer now he's done destroying random plebs he's decided to step it up so he takes out the entire of the RAW Main Event picture in one night, doing that and losing very few matches in his WWE tenure sure as hell puts him in line.  I fear he could actually get the win, i really see it happening, also from a health and safety point of view can Cena F-U the guy, can he take a bump like that?  He can barely move......
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: