Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827767 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9560 on: April 03, 2007, 06:43:03 PM »

Changing the subject, a superstar who I thinks deserves better, is one Matt Hardy. Whats your thoughts on this guys?
It is truly amazing how over he still is despite the number of times they have jobbed him out.  He is a great talent in the ring, far better than his brother and deserves a push (Note: Winning the World Tag Team Titles is NOT a push, those belts mean as much as WWECW).  He can't cut a good promo, well not really good that much is true but he has shined as a solo star in the past.  When he intially went over to Smackdown and was the Heelish Matt Hardy Version 1 going on about Mattitude and had that awesome entrance with those Matt Facts, he was great then, he actually thrived in that role and cut some fair decent promo's, much better than the one's delivered as a face that's for sure.  The whole gimmick gave him a new edge to his personality, it added depth, and his interactions with his sidekick Shannon Moore were pretty good, i remember in the Royal Rumble how Moore was on the outside and kept pushing him back in and helping him.  The gimmick took off and got really popular, hell he even featured in a Smackdown Main Event against Rey Mysterio for the Cruiserweight Title, the belt had some respect, he did, it was all running smoothly.  Then he was jobbed out to Zack Gowen, on RAW he became a face quite quickly, he dropped the attitude and since then he's been one of the boys.  His feuds with Kane and Edge failed to live up to expectations, the latter had some decent matches but there was never any doubt about who the better person was he was jobbed out.  On Smackdown he's been beaten by nearly everyone (who isn't a cruiserweight..) from Miz to Finlay to Khali yet still the fans cheer him.  If it was upto me i would push him, after MVP's feud with Benoit, assuming MVP get's the US Title, i would (or at least i would have until he got Tag Gold last night) have Hardy feud with MVP over the Belt either that or have the Tag Belts pushed and have them in some high profile feud with them, and down the line i would turn him heel again and re-ignite Mattitude.....time for Version 2 me thinks.

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #9561 on: April 03, 2007, 06:55:10 PM »

Changing the subject, a superstar who I thinks deserves better, is one Matt Hardy. Whats your thoughts on this guys?
It is truly amazing how over he still is despite the number of times they have jobbed him out.  He is a great talent in the ring, far better than his brother and deserves a push (Note: Winning the World Tag Team Titles is NOT a push, those belts mean as much as WWECW).  He can't cut a good promo, well not really good that much is true but he has shined as a solo star in the past.  When he intially went over to Smackdown and was the Heelish Matt Hardy Version 1 going on about Mattitude and had that awesome entrance with those Matt Facts, he was great then, he actually thrived in that role and cut some fair decent promo's, much better than the one's delivered as a face that's for sure.  The whole gimmick gave him a new edge to his personality, it added depth, and his interactions with his sidekick Shannon Moore were pretty good, i remember in the Royal Rumble how Moore was on the outside and kept pushing him back in and helping him.  The gimmick took off and got really popular, hell he even featured in a Smackdown Main Event against Rey Mysterio for the Cruiserweight Title, the belt had some respect, he did, it was all running smoothly.  Then he was jobbed out to Zack Gowen, on RAW he became a face quite quickly, he dropped the attitude and since then he's been one of the boys.  His feuds with Kane and Edge failed to live up to expectations, the latter had some decent matches but there was never any doubt about who the better person was he was jobbed out.  On Smackdown he's been beaten by nearly everyone (who isn't a cruiserweight..) from Miz to Finlay to Khali yet still the fans cheer him.  If it was upto me i would push him, after MVP's feud with Benoit, assuming MVP get's the US Title, i would (or at least i would have until he got Tag Gold last night) have Hardy feud with MVP over the Belt either that or have the Tag Belts pushed and have them in some high profile feud with them, and down the line i would turn him heel again and re-ignite Mattitude.....time for Version 2 me thinks.

Oh, I hated the Version 1 gimmick. It done absoultley nothing in my opinion to further him as a solid performer. Don't you think his "I Will Not Die" persona is a hell of a lot better? Matt Hardy cut some amazing promos (well not exactly amazing but more than what I would have given him credit for) in his fued with Edge. In my opinion, his matches with Edge was the best singles matches he's had in his career. (Except the battering he got in his return match with him at Summerslam) Matt, has got the look to be a main event star (the kick ass camos and the black hair down goes well) and he has got something very special. He's got the ability to whip the crowd into a frenzy by doing the same rountine night after night, similar to Shawn Michaels has, and he is able to wrestle as well as do his fair share of high spots. I personally believe he is a hell of a lot better than Jeff, and in my opinion the WWE are pushing the wrong Hardy, and I think they will realise it when it's too late.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9562 on: April 03, 2007, 06:57:15 PM »

It's a miracle that he is in the position he is in considering he was sacked because he spoke out on his website, rehired and killed in his feud with edge (aside from his win in their fantastic cage match) before being punished further by being switched to smackdown where he languished rigth up until Jeff came back which saved him due to the obvious interest in a hardys reunion. There run of matches with Mercury and Nitro impressed and the original idea to keep them as singles has obviously been scrapped now. The fact that he made it into the MITB match ahead of Flair, Carlito, Shelton and more AND that one night later he was wearing ANY gold whatsoever proves that his hard work and fans continuous belief in him has not been ignored by management. Remember there were 21 other tag teams on raw last night and they were chosen to hold the gold.

You are absolutely right though Mattitude was superb.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9563 on: April 03, 2007, 07:06:18 PM »

Remember there were 21 other tag teams on raw last night and they were chosen to hold the gold.
Yeah but that's kind of because Jeff is valued a lot more and because most of those teams are not over or WWE doesn't want to switch them to the RAW Brand.  Teams like TWGTT, Cade/Murdoch as good as they are aren't over.  Cryme Tyme are over but are useless in the ring.  Londrick have the Gold on another Brand.  The ECW guys are not regular teams and are not switching brands either, most of the other teams were make shift teams (Masters/Dykstra) or Jobber Teams (Highlanders, Viscera/Venis, Duggan/Eugene).

They were hardly hand selected from an impressive pile....

...As for his "I Will Not Die" gimmick, never liked it, his first promo back was awful he blew it there and if it wasn't so painful to watch it might have been funny that he had a gimmick where he said he would not die but got his ass kicked every week.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9564 on: April 03, 2007, 07:13:05 PM »

Remember there were 21 other tag teams on raw last night and they were chosen to hold the gold.
Yeah but that's kind of because Jeff is valued a lot more and because most of those teams are not over or WWE doesn't want to switch them to the RAW Brand.  Teams like TWGTT, Cade/Murdoch as good as they are aren't over.  Cryme Tyme are over but are useless in the ring.  Londrick have the Gold on another Brand.  The ECW guys are not regular teams and are not switching brands either, most of the other teams were make shift teams (Masters/Dykstra) or Jobber Teams (Highlanders, Viscera/Venis, Duggan/Eugene).

They were hardly hand selected from an impressive pile....

...As for his "I Will Not Die" gimmick, never liked it, his first promo back was awful he blew it there and if it wasn't so painful to watch it might have been funny that he had a gimmick where he said he would not die but got his ass kicked every week.

Oh, it shows that WWE were running low on tag teams for that match because Eugene/Duggan were a team, and didn't they have a match not so long ago were the stipulation was they weren't able to team up ever again??

Matt Hardy is a phemominal talent and I hope the WWE realises it one day. Then again, anything can happen in the WWE. If you told me 3 or 4 years ago, Edge was going to be one of the top stars of the company, I wouldn't believe it, so I hope to God Hardy gets a good solid push soon. With the tag team win on Raw with Jeff, and defeating Kennedy last week on Smackdown, things aren't looking to bad at the minute for the Sense' on mattitude.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9565 on: April 04, 2007, 03:23:05 AM »

I have to say ECW was excellent tonight.

The Main E vent, I won't spoil for those who dont get it, in my opinion would've been the 2nd best match at Wrestlemania h ad it been on there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9566 on: April 04, 2007, 04:47:49 PM »

I have to say ECW was excellent tonight.

The Main E vent, I won't spoil for those who dont get it, in my opinion would've been the 2nd best match at Wrestlemania h ad it been on there.

Not better than Kane/Khali surely?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9567 on: April 04, 2007, 04:54:08 PM »

WHO BETTER THEN KANION!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9568 on: April 04, 2007, 06:22:22 PM »

WHO BETTER THEN KANION!
Er....Kanyon maybe. Tongue
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9569 on: April 04, 2007, 08:36:58 PM »

source: Pro Wrestling Torch

Ring of Honor wrestler Colt Cabana has signed a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment. No word yet if it's a developmental deal or regular contract. The signing came about recently.

Cabana has appeared on WWE television several times in the past year as an extra and as enhancement talent. Last year Cabana was a druid for Undertaker at WrestleMania 22 and most recently appeared dressed as a fairy on ECW on SCI FI. He's also wrestled several times on WWE Heat. He did job duty for Hacksaw Jim Duggan back in October.

ROHWrestling.com announced his final dates and opponents today. He faces Delirious on Apr. 13 in Long Island, N.Y. Doug Williams on Apr. 14 in Edision, NJ., and tags with Homicide against Adam Pearce & Brent Albright on Apr. 27 in St. Paul, Minn. Cabana's final match will come against longtime friend Adam Pearce in his hometown of Chicago on Apr. 28. This event will be called "Good Times, Great Memories" in honor of Cabana's final show.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9570 on: April 04, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »

I pray pray pray to god that they give him as good a shot as Punk, Cabana is a hugely talented performer very well balanced in the ring and a great comedy performer too. Shame that Team SHAG has to die (his 1PW tag team partnership with Darren Burridge - it's there last match together on friday night) but hopefully the World will get to see what 'Classic' is all about. After a lengthy stint in OVW of course!

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9571 on: April 06, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »

Today former WCW Star, Kanyon (Chris Klucsaritis) announced on his Myspace account that he was retiring from pro wrestling effective today.

Today marked the 15th anniversary of his pro debut on April 5, 1992 in Levittown, NY. Kanyon also said that he will announce his non-wrestling plans for his future Wednesday on the Howard Stern show on April 11th.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9572 on: April 06, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »

Former WCW tag champ Sean O'Haire suffered serious injuries in a fight that took place outside a bar in Hilton Head Island on Friday. O'Haire suffered a fractured orbital bone (in three places) as well as other fratures to his face and skull. Vision in his left eye is impaired, possibly permanently, and he will require extensive plastic surgery according to a report at IslandPacket.com.

Conflicting versions of what happened were reported with O'Haire claiming he was coming to the aid of a friend and other witnesses saying O'Haire tried to start a fight with his alleged assailant, Juan Brantley.

Several years ago, in an interview on WCW Live!, O'Haire said he enjoyed going to bars and starting fights. He said it toughened him up and that beating people up was a thrill for him.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9573 on: April 06, 2007, 04:39:53 PM »

carlito is fucked and has been sent to heattttttt hes becoming raven!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9574 on: April 06, 2007, 06:23:20 PM »

Former WCW tag champ Sean O'Haire suffered serious injuries in a fight that took place outside a bar in Hilton Head Island on Friday. O'Haire suffered a fractured orbital bone (in three places) as well as other fratures to his face and skull. Vision in his left eye is impaired, possibly permanently, and he will require extensive plastic surgery according to a report at IslandPacket.com.

Conflicting versions of what happened were reported with O'Haire claiming he was coming to the aid of a friend and other witnesses saying O'Haire tried to start a fight with his alleged assailant, Juan Brantley.

Several years ago, in an interview on WCW Live!, O'Haire said he enjoyed going to bars and starting fights. He said it toughened him up and that beating people up was a thrill for him.

That dude is a fucking dumb ass.

Seem every couple of months we here that dude got his ass kicked in a fight.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9575 on: April 06, 2007, 11:55:54 PM »

Matt Cappotelli to undergo brain surgery
By Louie Dee
Written: April 6, 2007Just 14 months ago, Matt Cappotelli was the Ohio Valley Wrestling Champion, seeming on the verge of Superstardom. But that all changed when he was forced to relinquish the WWE developmental territory?s biggest prize and announce to the OVW fans that he was suffering from a brain tumor.

Flash forward to this week. OVW TV celebrated the taping of its 400th episode, and Cappotelli returned to Louisville, Ky. and the OVW ring. Unfortunately, he had some bad news: the tumor has grown, and he now faces major surgery to attempt to remove the growth.

?Last time I was here, I know it was hard?but you guys are my family, and it?s time to update my family on my condition and what?s been going on with me,? an emotional Cappotelli said to the cheering OVW fans before his speech.

WWE.com also caught up with him this week, and Cappotelli explained how the discovery of the growth came about.

?Doctors have been monitoring the tumor since its discovery, and my last MRI revealed that it had grown a little,? Cappotelli said. ?I had been feeling pretty good the last couple months, but recently I had some bad headaches and noticed a little change in my vision. They told me that because the tumor has grown, my optic nerves had swollen as well.?

Doctors have advised Cappotelli to have surgery, where they will remove as much of the tumor as possible while trying to avoid doing any damage to the brain. The surgery is scheduled for May 1 in Boston, and Cappotelli is cautious yet optimistic about the procedure.

?Any surgery like this?it?s extremely tough to get 100 percent of the tumor. They?re hoping to get in the high 90s, and we?ll have to treat whatever they can?t get with chemo or radiation or a combination of both.?

Despite his condition, Cappotelli is upbeat about the surgery and recovery, using his strong faith as a foundation.

?I?m glad I?m not in control of this, because I probably would have screwed this up a long time ago,? he laughed. ?God is in control, and I have complete faith in what he?s doing. There?s a scripture I read quite often that describes my situation; it says God?s strength is made perfect in my weakness, and I think this is a time where I?m at the darkest point of my life.?

Throughout this whole ordeal, Cappotelli is thankful for all the support he has received.

?It?s been about a year now, and I can?t express how thankful I am for the fans who have reached out through email or word of mouth, and for their thoughts and prayers,? a gracious Cappotelli said. ?I really wish I could think of a way to give back, but I thank them with my whole heart.?

If you would like to send well-wishes to Matt Cappotelli, you can do so by sending email to keepthefaithmatt@yahoo.com

this sucks that the tumor has grown, he could have been a star, he had amazing potential.
I really hope he gets better!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9576 on: April 08, 2007, 04:43:51 PM »

So anybody else looking forward to Backlash? yes

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9577 on: April 08, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »

whats backlash?

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #9578 on: April 08, 2007, 06:21:54 PM »

whats backlash?

Oh my god, are you fucking kidding me??? nervous
Backlash is the Raw ppv that follows Wrestlemania every year. And you call yourself a real wrestling fan!!! no

...............Im interested to see what this years will turn out like, as all 3 brands will be represented.

Hopefully HBK beats Orton this week on Raw to become No.1 contender. I say he probably will, due to interference by Edge to distract Orton or something. yes

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #9579 on: April 08, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »

yeah backlash should be interesting.

To be honest i want Cena to keep the title untill a decent challenger comes along. Plus i need him for points in the fantasy game ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: