Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828343 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9480 on: April 01, 2007, 11:39:19 AM »

What in the blue hell is this 'all grown up' shit they keep marketing mania as?

Seems like it is gonna be worth watching tonight for the set alone....The entranceway is the tallest theyve ever had and it will morph for different superstars' entrances! ?It?s the most lights we?ve had, the most cables we?ve had, the most production trucks we?ve had, the most searchlights, the most staging we?ve ever put down and the most LED lights we?ve ever had,? says wwe set designer Jason Robinson. He also gives a comparison between raw and this event saying that for raw they use just 24 LED boards, at WrestleMania 23 there will be 414!!! 3-4 searchlights are used at a regular ppv, there will be 56 in use tonight. The sets lighting element stands at a crazy 300 x 100 feet!

It is going to look spectacular, I loved the massive dets they used at mania's X-Seven and X8 but this sounds like it will eclipse everything.
19 was good with the really long entrance ramp. They had to use golf caddies at it to get them to the curtain because the arena was that big!

yeah sorry totally forgot 19, anything with a big arena really.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9481 on: April 01, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »

Kane
Benoit
Ashley
New Breed
Lashley/Trump
Orton
Taker
HBK

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9482 on: April 01, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »

So only 8 matches tonight, what do you recon the padding will be? Obviously the performances by Aretha Franklin, Timbaland and i presume Saliva will take up a bit. The HOF usually pulls it in (can't wait for JR and the Kings' ovations). Im guessing HHH is gonna want a piece of that crowd so maybe he will do guest commentary on the main event? The head shaving segment might take up a fair while aswell. Foley said he will be there but in what capacity? Still should give the top matches loads of time to breathe aswell, can't wait!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9483 on: April 01, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »

i now hate carlito

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9484 on: April 01, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »

i now hate carlito
fair dues

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9485 on: April 01, 2007, 01:37:24 PM »

KAYFABE! MOTHER FUCKING KAYFABE! WHEN WILL WRESTLERS REMEMBER FUCKINGGGGGGGGGG KAYFABE :@:@:@:@:@:@:@ DAMN ALL THE MARKS DAMN THEM ALL!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9486 on: April 01, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »

Wrestlemania is upon us once again, i am hoping, like last year the card will surprise me.  Last year i was slating it beforehand and it surprised me they pulled it off i loved it.  Really good to know about the entrances, sounds like there will be some spectacular ones to watch which is sweet, it's such an important part of the match, you need the right start, the right build up the extra special entrance to make the event feel extra big.  Last year despite the often negative reviews i was a fan of the Triple H & John Cena entrances, were they over the top, yes, but hell this is Wrestlemania, you need stuff to give you that big time feel!

Looking to this year, that "All Grown Up" thing does seem a bit lame, still, i think it will be hard for them to top the Wrestlemania Goes Hollywood trailers, they were fantastic!  The theme is a solid one this year, i am not much of a Saliva fan but when they get involved in wrestling they pull out some great songs, that Always was a cracking tune for Survivor Series 2002.  Now to the matches....

Kane vs. The Great Khali - Honestly i am struggling to find positives here.  I am not a fan of either.  Kane has been jobbed out so many times and has never impressed me in the ring i stopped caring about him a long time ago.  His one gift to the wrestling world has always been his character which was strong when he first came in, hell it was fantastic.  He lost momentum though, then they unmasked him and briefly, playing the total psycho monster again worked, but only briefly, now he's seems to be used as that "Tough guy who jobs to new guys" kind of the role Hardcore Holly has played, the guy who has a good reputation and is praised as a tough guy so therefore can lose to new wrestlers and make them look good.  This one could go either way because Khali really can't stay round for long, he is so incompetent in the ring and is just like Giant Gonzalez on steroids, tough call, this match will definately be my food break match and sure as hell better be short.  I'll go with The Great Khali.

Chris Benoit vs. MVP (US Title) - This could be the surprise match of the night.  I have been a fan of MVP since his debut but he has never had much chance to show his in-ring talents, having him fight Kane was never going to do that.  Benoit though can carry the worst of them and i have also read on the net house show reports have been positive so if they give this enough time, which i don't think they will, it could be decent.  The unfortunate thing about this though is it has received very little build-up, i mean Benoit wasn't even on Smackdown this week and apart from a few scuffles and a clash in a 6-Man at No Way Out these guys have barely seen each other on TV.  My pick: MVP

Ashley vs. Melina - Melina is better than msot give her credit for, not only is she a good character but i think she is a solid women's wrestler, hopefully she can carry Ashley to something half decent and hopefully they don't dedicate too much time to this.  My pick: Melina

ECW Originals vs. New Breed - This seems like an attempt to just get a load of people on Wrestlemania rather than a well thought out feud.  Personally i would of prefered Sabu/RVD vs Cor Von/Burke in, say, a Tables Match.  Nonetheless this should be entertaining, i expect it to be kept short.  Sandman is going down to a Pounce followed by the Elijah Experience me thinks....New Breed victory! (Just like most of the feud....)

MITB III - Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Finlay vs. Ken Kennedy vs. King Booker vs. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy - This match i am sure is what everyone is really looking forward to.  I am still not sure about them increasing to 8, sometimes less is more, i worry that it might become a bit of a mess.  The build-up considering how much time has been dedicated to the big 3 matches has been decent.  They have all faced off in some good contests on tv and the growing feud between Edge & Orton has been fun to watch.  The high point of this so far had to be the Cutting Edge on RAW, i really enjoyed that and it was a well put together segment.  My pick: Mr. Kennedy.......Kennedy.

Lashley w/ Donald Trump vs. Umaga w/ Vince Mcmahon, Special Guest Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin - Lot's of build-up that's for sure, in many ways it has been overdone but i am sure on the night it will deliver and even if it isn't good in the ring the aftermatch and the look on Vince's face should prove priceless.  Highpoint of the feud so far was probably Lashley jumping through the Cage on ECW onto Umaga.  My pick: Lashley (Rumours of Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake appearing are said to be false, i hope they are wrong though, i would mark like crazy if he showed up)

Undertaker vs. Batista (Streak vs. World Heavyweight Championship) - I haven't got behind this match as much as the other title match.  I think the build-up has been sub-par i blame that mainly on Batista for delivering poor promo's, i believe on the night the fans will be so into this, the atmosphere will be so huge with so much on the line that this match will be good to watch, they just need to be careful, considering who is involved, not to let this go too long.  My pick: Undertaker.

John Cena vs Shawn Michaels (WWE Title) - I have really enjoyed watching this feud develope on RAW with the can they get along or not storyline, both have delivered some fantastic promo's in this feud and i am sure on the night this match will more than deliver.  Shawn Michaels is called Mr. Wrestlemania for a reason!  At VIII he debuted as a solo star with a solid performance in the opening match.  At IX the worst of all time he still had the best match on the card.  At X he stole the show in that classic Ladder Match, at XI he carried Diesel to an often overlooked easily best match on a weak card, at XII he went 60 minutes + in a spectacular show of endurance, at XIV despite the fact that he wasn't fit to wrestle and his back was messed up he carried on through the pain and had a decent match with Steve Austin.  Since he has returned his Wrestlemania performances have been awesome, vs. Jericho, vs. Benoit & Triple H, vs. Kurt Angle, vs Vince Mcmahon all those matches have been fantastic and the highlight of said shows and i am sure he will pull it off tonight.  Slate John Cena all you will but the guy is a hard worker and he tries like crazy, you combine that effort with HBK's talent and you have a classic on your hands, can't wait!  My pick: John Cena!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9487 on: April 01, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »

Stoned Stoned Stoned my man, you will never let me down! Cracking preview there. You are right about saliva, i think this is the best mania tune since my way, which bodes well. I hope they really hype up the main event with the huge build up and entrances again. HBK's and Takers entrances are gonna be something special im sure.

It's wierd I have hardly watched an ounce of wrestling in a year and yet here i am in front of my pc checking all the sights, getting every tidbit of news i can find and getting genuinely excited, there is a mark that has been laying dormant in me for a long time starting to burst out!

wwe.com has loads of cool stuff, pictures of the (humungous) arena, hof speeches, and later there is going to b preview shows with josh and (oh yes) maria. 4.25 hours to go, bring it on!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9488 on: April 01, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »

I love what you are saying about the arena i have actually been avoiding wwe.com 'cos i don't wanna see it i want to wait until 'Mania itself.  I would like to think we could have a few surprises tonight, one possibility that has been mentioned which i think would rule would be the MITB Winner cashing in tonight.  Since Cena's match is on last i think that is unlikely but it could happen, Orton could pull an Edge and cash in and beat him.  My sister (of all people) came up with a great idea.  Have Undertaker win and then Kennedy cashes in the MITB and beats him, ends his streak, wins the title and in one night becomes the World Champion and most hated heel around who people secretly like because he's so damn good, kind of like Edge, for something like that i would mark like crazy and think it is that kind of thing that is a great way to elevate talent i mean really, do we need Batista to end the streak? no
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9489 on: April 01, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »

I love what you are saying about the arena i have actually been avoiding wwe.com 'cos i don't wanna see it i want to wait until 'Mania itself.? I would like to think we could have a few surprises tonight, one possibility that has been mentioned which i think would rule would be the MITB Winner cashing in tonight.? Since Cena's match is on last i think that is unlikely but it could happen, Orton could pull an Edge and cash in and beat him.? My sister (of all people) came up with a great idea.? Have Undertaker win and then Kennedy cashes in the MITB and beats him, ends his streak, wins the title and in one night becomes the World Champion and most hated heel around who people secretly like because he's so damn good, kind of like Edge, for something like that i would mark like crazy and think it is that kind of thing that is a great way to elevate talent i mean really, do we need Batista to end the streak? no

id rather he didnt but i cant be 100% sure, which im liking, unpredictability is the kay, in fact i think i can only confidently predict 1 winner tonight, havent said that about mania in a long time. I've got a feeling Edge and Orton are gonna grab it at the same time.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9490 on: April 01, 2007, 02:50:41 PM »

I've got a feeling Edge and Orton are gonna grab it at the same time......
.....and while they are struggling trying to pull it down Kennedy pushes over the Ladder taking them both out, climbs up and grabs the briefcase himself, setting up an Orton vs Edge feud and Kennedy vs Batista/Taker feud.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9491 on: April 01, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »

.....and while they are struggling trying to pull it down Kennedy pushes over the Ladder taking them both out, climbs up and grabs the briefcase himself, setting up an Orton vs Edge feud and Kennedy vs Batista/Taker feud.

Already had taker/kennedy though, but could happen, its defo between those 3. Although i have a feeling the 'talking' points may come from other superstars in the match

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9492 on: April 01, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »

Already had taker/kennedy though, but could happen, its defo between those 3. Although i have a feeling the 'talking' points may come from other superstars in the match
Yeah i'm sure The Hardy Boyz have somthing awesome in mind.

I know WWE would not do it but i would like HBK to win then they shake hands but Cena picks him up and FU's him and turns heel, we need a big turn like that to shake things up and with an Orton face turn on the cards it would be nice.  HBK could then drop the title at Backlash to a heel Cena and take his time off for knee surgery...

.....while Heel Cena feuds with Face Orton, get's past him by which time Triple H will be back and they can resume feuding.  I get the feeling Cena will be a face for years and years and then when he finally does turn heel it will be like the moment Hogan became nWo 4 Life!  The tears in those kids eyes...oh the joy hihi
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9493 on: April 01, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »

oh yeah fucking hell, i forgot about hbk's knee surgery! Wasn't he taking time off after last years wrestlemania for that!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9494 on: April 01, 2007, 03:05:16 PM »

oh yeah fucking hell, i forgot about hbk's knee surgery! Wasn't he taking time off after last years wrestlemania for that!
Yep then D-X Mania held it up, then Triple H getting injured meant he had to stay around, it keeps getting put off...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9495 on: April 01, 2007, 03:12:15 PM »

heres some strange news:

The Money in the Bank match will open the show.

wonder if they have something planned involving MITB during the show

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9496 on: April 01, 2007, 03:12:54 PM »

Yep then D-X Mania held it up, then Triple H getting injured meant he had to stay around, it keeps getting put off...

can't be that important then!! I hope he pulls it all out tonight, not that id expect anything less, hopefully we will witness John Cenas best match tonight.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9497 on: April 01, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »

heres some strange news:

What did i say, cashing in, later tonight Wink

Or it could be the simple fact that big matches following big matches is not wise you need filler to let people breath.

Big Match: MITB

Filler: US Title

Filler: ECW Battle

Big Match: Trump/Mcmahon

Filler: Women's Title

Big Match: World Title

Filler: Kane/Khali

Big Match: WWE Title
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #9498 on: April 01, 2007, 03:15:44 PM »

heres somemore news, it's not really a spoiler but it concerns entrances so if you want a surprise don't read the little writing:

John Cena is supposed to have the biggest entrance on the show tonight. Something of a "Motor City" theme with cars.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #9499 on: April 01, 2007, 03:19:38 PM »

heres some strange news:

What did i say, cashing in, later tonight Wink

Or it could be the simple fact that big matches following big matches is not wise you need filler to let people breath.

Big Match: MITB

Filler: US Title

Filler: ECW Battle

Big Match: Trump/Mcmahon

Filler: Women's Title

Big Match: World Title

Filler: Kane/Khali

Big Match: WWE Title

yeah but to open the show with a ladder match? especially as there is no other real ' spotfest' on the card is a strange move, whatever happens it will ignite the crowd and there doesn't seem to be any other candidate to open the show actually. Remember the HOF segment will act as filler too and so will an apparent 'dance contest'.

Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: