Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 01:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228535 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 835618 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8520 on: November 28, 2006, 06:48:56 PM »

I want Foley Vs Flair, proper 30 min. classic
Yeah 10 years ago that might of been nice.....

....Still despite the lack of good matches in their feud, the promo's and build-up were excellent.

The only thing bad about their matches were the finishes.

I am a huge Flair and Foley mark, I'm going to e-mail Jim Ross soon and demand that match takes place.

Why, why, why??? It's been done, they got the best out of it that they could have hoped for, now lets all move on and hope that Foley gets himself in decent shape for Mania and that Flair is injured and can only be there in a non-wrestling capacity!

They didn't get the best out of the feud, they just started a Nitro thing, however Nitro is not a future WWE champion (I hope not, and don't believe so), so I don't want Foley Vs Nitro, but Foley must be at WM, so who better than Flair, unless it's HBK.

Were you bashing Flair, what kind of monster are you?

I'm not bashing him, I have the upmost respect for him I'm just stating the well known obvious truth that Flair is 15 years past his prime and hasn't had a good straight wrestling match since his return to the company. He can only take one decent offensive move and is far too over reliant on his, now very limited, repertoire of moves and taunts. The only decent type of match he can have is a well booked gimmick or hardcore match which he has already had with your stated opponent of choice. The thought of having one old, out of shape, limited part timer wrestle another in a 30 minute straight wrestling match at the biggest show of the year is actually quite painful.

Amen!
Evolution
« Reply #8521 on: November 28, 2006, 08:07:31 PM »

So many PPV's these days....

November 19th - TNA Genesis
November 26th - WWE Survivor Series
December 3rd - ECW December to Dismember
December 10th - TNA Turning Point
December 17th - WWE Armageddon

confused
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #8522 on: November 28, 2006, 08:08:16 PM »

... so few of them paid for.  Tongue

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #8523 on: November 28, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »

SPOILER

Announced at the Smackdown taping tonight for Armageddon on December 17th: The Undertaker vs Ken Kennedy in a Last Ride Match and MVP vs Kane in an Inferno Match

Fuck yeah!

Grin
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8524 on: November 29, 2006, 02:19:48 AM »

Crap!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8525 on: November 29, 2006, 04:01:42 AM »

The latter match sucks, 'tis all gimmick and no quality, it sounds good but it's execution will be poor.  The other match will rule though, i would say the heel is handicapped as i don't see him having the strength to, well, ya know....
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #8526 on: November 29, 2006, 05:43:09 AM »

Another spoiler

- Teddy Long announced World Heavyweight Champion Batista & a partner of his choosing against King Booker & Finlay at the Armageddon PPV.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8527 on: November 29, 2006, 07:11:43 AM »

Another spoiler

- Teddy Long announced World Heavyweight Champion Batista & a partner of his choosing against King Booker & Finlay at the Armageddon PPV.
My guess is:

- Monty Brown, Vito or John Cena Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8528 on: November 29, 2006, 11:35:32 AM »

Another spoiler

My guess is:

- Monty Brown, Vito or John Cena Cheesy

Vito and Batista. Now that's a dream team.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8529 on: November 29, 2006, 01:09:31 PM »

heres some WWE Diva info:

It?s official ? WWE has named Ashley next in line to be a Playboy cover girl. The sexy SmackDown Diva has signed on to grace the cover of the magazine?s April 2007 issue, just in time for WrestleMania 23

Michelle McCool has been hospitalized with an enlarged kidney and electrolyte imbalance. Which could have ended her life if she had not been seen to.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hysteron
« Reply #8530 on: November 29, 2006, 01:15:01 PM »

....Still despite the lack of good matches in their feud, the promo's and build-up were excellent.

I am a huge Flair and Foley mark, I'm going to e-mail Jim Ross soon and demand that match takes place.

Why, why, why??? It's been done, they got the best out of it that they could have hoped for, now lets all move on and hope that Foley gets himself in decent shape for Mania and that Flair is injured and can only be there in a non-wrestling capacity!

They didn't get the best out of the feud, they just started a Nitro thing, however Nitro is not a future WWE champion (I hope not, and don't believe so), so I don't want Foley Vs Nitro, but Foley must be at WM, so who better than Flair, unless it's HBK.

Flair is 15 years past his prime and hasn't had a good straight wrestling match since his return to the company.

15 years past his prime maybe, but he's still one of the best workers on that show.
Evolution
« Reply #8531 on: November 29, 2006, 01:43:21 PM »

Flair is pretty fucking shocking these days, I gotta say  no

All he does is chop and get beaten up. Some things he's done in the ring in recent years beggar belief.
Hysteron
« Reply #8532 on: November 29, 2006, 02:04:15 PM »

Flair is pretty fucking shocking these days, I gotta say? no

All he does is chop and get beaten up.

Blame the way WWE book matches, and you'll see why.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #8533 on: November 29, 2006, 02:16:52 PM »

Flair is 15 years past his prime and hasn't had a good straight wrestling match since his return to the company.

15 years past his prime maybe, but he's still one of the best workers on that show.

How is this statement in anyway accurate? Flair cannot work anything anymore, hence why he hasn't has a good match in a decade.

The reason all his matches are chops and get beaten up is because that is all he can do.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hysteron
« Reply #8534 on: November 29, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »

You can all say what you want it doesn't matter, because I know myself that I've seen lots of good Flair matches over the past decade.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8535 on: November 29, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »

You can all say what you want it doesn't matter, because I know myself that I've seen lots of good Flair matches over the past decade.

Ok.  Roll Eyes
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #8536 on: November 29, 2006, 03:08:30 PM »

So have I but you are missing the point, I have also seen a good Batista Match, good Big Show matches, good John Cena matches, heck a couple of years ago there was even a good Hulk Hogan match. You are making out that Ric Flair is still a top worker who can work an excellent wrestling match, this simply is not true. I am not repeating myself over and over but the only decent Flair matches in recent years are those that cover his flaws with gimmicks or other superior workers. In his day he was the best and yes, he hasn't been unbearable as an on screen character this year and his inclusion in big matches like the MITB and his ladder match with Edge, along with his SS match with  Foley has been fine but only due to the reasons mentionaed above. Name me one of these good matches you have seen in the last decade.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8537 on: November 29, 2006, 03:17:30 PM »

Name me one of these good matches you have seen in the last decade.

He cant, they are all Dark matches. All held in his living room so no one else has seen or heard of them and when i touched on "Dark matches" i meant they were in the dark so in actual fact he didnt see them either!  Cool

Flair is appaling as a worker these days, apart from as Mr Sagdyiev touched on, gimmick matches that cover up the flaws in his ever decreasing ability. Id love it if he retired but was still around as an on screen persona, that would be better for him. Maybe he has debt to pay off or summat? Who knows but for the love of god i cant see why he is still active on the roster!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #8538 on: November 29, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »

Name me one of these good matches you have seen in the last decade.

He cant, they are all Dark matches. All held in his living room so no one else has seen or heard of them and when i touched on "Dark matches" i meant they were in the dark so in actual fact he didnt see them either!? Cool

Flair is appaling as a worker these days, apart from as Mr Sagdyiev touched on, gimmick matches that cover up the flaws in his ever decreasing ability. Id love it if he retired but was still around as an on screen persona, that would be better for him. Maybe he has debt to pay off or summat? Who knows but for the love of god i cant see why he is still active on the roster!

You answered your own question, the guy is desperately in debt, and is about to tackle his 3rd divorce. As far as an on screen character goes, yes, as long as he doens't mumble.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8539 on: November 29, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »

Big Ploppa Borat & axlhogg leave it out, you don't know what your talking about, sayin' Flair only has like one or two moves....

He can chop people
Kick them
Nail them with low blows
Take out their legs
Hit them with chairs, tables
He can jump on thumbtacks
He can juice and blade himself
He can put the figure four leg lock on people
He does the wonderful thing where he falls over, also a classic
He can dye his hair red mid-match
He can impersonate a woman by giving off the impression he is pregnant
Oh and he goes "Wooooooooooo!" as well

Now if that ain't one of the best workers of the past decade then i don't know who is....

..... Cheesy

On a serious note though, use him as a manager, give him a stable of young guys who he can proclaim to the next big things, have him give them the "Rub", so to speak....
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: