Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:32:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836366 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8440 on: November 26, 2006, 04:07:23 PM »

for the "wish i'd never seen it" dvd, i would add Mae Young & The Fabulous Moolah vs Ivory ?no

I still can?t see that classic street fight at Royal Rumble 2000, because I have to fast forward that bikini contest. You know the one where Mae Young strips.
I remember when we had it here in the UK on Channel 4, the event was on about an hour delay and they still screwed up the censoring showing us a bit TOO much....
Hysteron
« Reply #8441 on: November 26, 2006, 04:09:02 PM »

for the "wish i'd never seen it" dvd, i would add Mae Young & The Fabulous Moolah vs Ivory ?no

I still can?t see that classic street fight at Royal Rumble 2000, because I have to fast forward that bikini contest. You know the one where Mae Young strips.
I remember when we had it here in the UK on Channel 4, the event was on about an hour delay and they still screwed up the censoring showing us a bit TOO much....

I saw it on DVD a few months after wards; my electric went out at midnight just before it started. Thank god the censoring wasn't so bad for the Kat at Armageddon a month before.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 04:14:14 PM by AtariLegend II » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8442 on: November 26, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »

I saw it on DVD a few months after wards; my electric went out at midnight just before it started. Thank god the censoring wasn't so bad for the Kat at Armageddon a month before.

Although I haven't seen it, I know that that Armageddon is also home to Big Show/Big Boss Man. The 3 minute title match. Would that go on the DVD??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hysteron
« Reply #8443 on: November 26, 2006, 05:03:36 PM »

Although I haven't seen it, I know that that Armageddon is also home to Big Show/Big Boss Man. The 3 minute title match. Would that go on the DVD??

Remember the feud was the Big Shows Father dies, and the funeral, and the you're daddy?s a bastard.

Those were the times.
deadflowerII
« Reply #8444 on: November 26, 2006, 05:22:31 PM »

does any one know where I can get some dvd's of early nwa early 80's(RACE,TOMMY RICH,FLAIR....etc.)........and some TEXAS wrasslin' from the early 80's( freebirds,missing leak,cris adams...ect.....HuhHuh peace
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8445 on: November 26, 2006, 06:27:57 PM »

erm your best bet would be either searching google or trying Ebay

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #8446 on: November 26, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »

Survivor Series is getting bought  Grin

I haven't done that since Wrestlemania!
Hysteron
« Reply #8447 on: November 26, 2006, 07:24:53 PM »

^ I've just bought it too.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8448 on: November 26, 2006, 07:55:48 PM »

i bought it aswell  Cheesy its gonna be on any minute now

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #8449 on: November 26, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

OK, I was going to buy it and tape it for later.....

But now it's 1:07. So I guess I'll be buying it tomorrow  Embarrassed
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8450 on: November 26, 2006, 08:09:19 PM »

......Damn!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8451 on: November 26, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »

its been pretty good so far. Best part (so far) Shawn Michaels (hilarious) & Cryme Tyme!  rofl

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8452 on: November 27, 2006, 06:07:34 AM »

not a bad PPV if you ask me, there were areas to improve though. The Benoit vs Chavo match was dull for me as was Team Cena vs Team Big Show.

cant beat Michaels though, and not forgetting Cryme Tyme what a way to finish Lita's Career  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8453 on: November 27, 2006, 09:25:10 AM »

Who's Mike Knoxrofl

I bet that joke came from a backstage meeting before when the teams met before hand to plan out the match and Shawn probably asked Triple H then, who is this guy? hihi  It was a fun match but i would of rather had more drama and less of a squash.  How over was CM Punk though, i was impressed with the fans getting so behind him....

There were some good moments but this event did not live up to expectations.  The opener sucked, although i expected it to.  They blew a real good chance to get more tension between Johnny & Kenny, when Johnny was the last man he should of got the win so he could of boasted about being better and winning it for the team....

Benoit vs Chavo was dull to my surprise, i thought despite the shit story we could at least get a good match, oh well...

Mickie James vs Lita was a bit meh, like most Lita matches, nice aftermath with Cryme Tyme though.

The First Blood Match as a match was crap.  The aftermath was great though.  That was one hell of a stiff chair shot Kennedy took, that looked brutal.  MVP has grown on me, i think he makes a damn good heel now and i like his interactions in the 'Taker-Kennedy-Kane-MVP feud, it's cool and fresh Cheesy

Major cop-out with Umaga's elimination, soon as that happened you knew which team was winning, bullshit way to "Protect" him, they'd of been better giving his team the win.  Still this was the best of the elimination matches, there were some good spots, but as with all 3 it seemed way to rushed, they just did not give them enough time, there was very little drama, it annoyed the hell out of me! rant

Batista vs King Booker was alright, nothing to write home about and it sucks Batista has the belt back, oh well....

....So overall, a let down, but there were some enjoyable parts, we've had far worse this year yes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8454 on: November 27, 2006, 12:15:54 PM »

I liked the PPV.

Benoit match was good but the DX match was the match of the night for me.

I hate HBK with every bone in my body but he was entertaining as hell last nite. Who's mike Knox? hahaha rofl

I think CM Punk was so over it shocked people including HHH. Now maybe HHH will let him have his Pepsi Plunge back (Pedigree from top rope).

And when HHH refers to you as the future of anything you know that Vince thinks it too.

Loved the Taker - Kennedy Match too. Really think Kennedy has a huge future.

The Umaga thing was stupid but i think they were trying to protect Lashley more than Cena with the ECW PPV coming up he looks a shoe in to win it so it would have looked bad to lose to Umaga i think then go and win a elimination chamber match.

Loved the Cryme Tyme / Lita section. They are so funny.

On the whole i liked it. Love to see Kelly Kelly not all matches went the way i expected but i think thats a good thing.

The only disapointment for me was the end of King Booker's reign.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hysteron
« Reply #8455 on: November 27, 2006, 01:37:38 PM »

The only disapointment for me was the end of King Booker's reign.

I went to bed when that match started, I saw nothing good coming of that.

DX, CM, Hardys, was actually kind of logical, CM Punk can't lose, and if he can't lose, then neither can Triple H or HBK, and Jeff can't look like he is their just to make up the numbers, and some reunion the Hardy's would have if Matt just played no role. HBK's who is Mike Know, and I assume that?s a good thing was priceless. It's good CM Punk was over because without those cheers, then ECW might have to endure a boring Lashely title reign, and that would just kill that show, sure he's over with half the crowd, but who really wants to see him with a title and being the main guy on that show.

Undertaker, I thought he killed Kennedy with that chair shot.

Umaga's elimination what a surprise, Cena F-U the Big Show was a great way to turn the crowd. I was surprised Cena's team won, it looked like a no-chancer for them compared to WWE's general bookings, but then again they don't like Cena losing.

Benoit Vs Chavo was pretty good.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8456 on: November 27, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

ECW might have to endure a boring Lashley title reign, and that would just kill that show, sure he's over with half the crowd, but who really wants to see him with a title and being the main guy on that show.
Yeah Lashley does suck but it seems a dead cert he is getting the gold.  As far as i am concerned the dude has nothing going for him.  He has zero mic skills, as i keep sayin' he needs a heel turn and a mouthpiece to serve as his manager.  He like Edge, Batista and whoever else feels like using it these days (It really is over used and abused, like the DDT has become, you wanna see it nailed properly watch Jake Roberts or Raven just like for Spinebusters you go to Arn Anderson or Faarooq) has the Spear as a top move.  It is way over used and it looks crap these days.  When Goldberg nailed a guy with it or Rhyno gored someone it actually looked brutal.  Monsters like him need their own UNIQUE finisher, ya know like Brock had the F-5.  I mean what are his other moves, a Running Powerslam and The Dominator (Simmons - It's the best of the bunch to and he uses it the least Roll Eyes).  There fine for regular moves but he needs that killer finisher and a bit more attitude and charisma, he excudes none.  I mean take someone like Chris Benoit, his mic skills suck but the dude has aggression, you know when he's snapped (plus he is great in the ring).  Also with any wrestler you want the complete package, look, ring skills, mic skills, charisma and the very important but often overlooked; Decent Entrance Music.  It may sound like a little criticism but it's not.  It's such an important thing that get's you in the mood and brings the crowd to life and all his theme says about him is Generic Hoss #37.  Oh and on the look side of things his head is also too small for his body Tongue  So yeah i like hate the dude these days.  Personally i would love to see CM Punk win the Gold, but i think it is a bit too soon, it would be cool to see him win it at 'Mania, but it would also be cool to see him in the MITB match.  On the subject of that, assuming RVD is the ECW Champ or fighting for it, the MITB could have 2 guys from each show: CM Punk, Sabu, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Johnny Nitro, MVPMVP is getting really good and i would of put Mr. Kennedy......

......Kennedy in there but i hope he'll be in the World Title Match.

Undertaker, I thought he killed Kennedy with that chair shot.
That was indeed a sick shot, as cool as it looked it really should not be done that often because shots like that really do damage; especially if you take too many....
Hysteron
« Reply #8457 on: November 27, 2006, 02:38:33 PM »

They (WWE) were so dumbfounded at one point that they considered Batista's opponent for WM to be Lashley, God knows what it will be now, they should've leaned with Lesnar Vs Goldberg.

WWE seems to be planning some very un-original ideas for WM, every thing you see on TV now is all about building up to WM. So there should be a big 4 month feud starting soon, presumably Hogan will be back within the next few weeks.

I just hope I get to see Flair Vs Foley, that feud still has so much potential.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8458 on: November 27, 2006, 02:51:41 PM »

ECW might have to endure a boring Lashley title reign, and that would just kill that show, sure he's over with half the crowd, but who really wants to see him with a title and being the main guy on that show.
Yeah Lashley does suck but it seems a dead cert he is getting the gold.? As far as i am concerned the dude has nothing going for him.? He has zero mic skills, as i keep sayin' he needs a heel turn and a mouthpiece to serve as his manager.?

Personally i would love to see CM Punk win the Gold, but i think it is a bit too soon,

Good call on the Heel turn and manager. I think that would really bring him to the forefront more.

As for CM Punk being too early goes  . . Well Lashley has only been in for two weeks.

I just think if Lashley wins it becomes another Smackdown / Raw is miles better than ECW incident. It looks like a top guy from Smackdown has come over and beaten 5 of the Best ECW has to offer . . and in the process kills the best thing in ECW at the moment which is CM Punk's undefeated run.

I think if Lashley is to win it CM Punk should not be in that Match. Although maybe CM Punk will be the 1st in and eliminate everyone and then lose, that would give him some credibility. However if thats the case then it takes credibility away from ECW's biggest star RVD and the Most dominant superstar of recent times in Big Show.

I think they have put themselves in a no win situation if they want Lashley to Win the title.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8459 on: November 27, 2006, 02:57:17 PM »

One thing is for sure, with the way he's pissed off management lately Sabu is going to be the first dude eliminated.  Then Punk.  Then RVD.  Then Test.  Then Big Show.

As for too "soon", i meant as a WWE superstar, Lashley has been around plenty time longer, still he isn't ready for the belt either.....
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: