Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851159 times)
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #780 on: March 05, 2004, 04:29:36 PM »

What the hell is the deal with giving the tag titles Scotty and Rikishi.  Scotty 2 Hotty is no champion, he is a jobber.  He cheapens the tag title.  

And the Basham Brothers.  We all know they are not brothers, they were rivals in the OVW.  At least TRY to make some storylines more realistic.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #781 on: March 05, 2004, 05:06:51 PM »

And the Basham Brothers.  We all know they are not brothers, they were rivals in the OVW.  At least TRY to make some storylines more realistic.

Bit like Kane and Undertaker.............

The one thing to bear in mind with wrestling is that if u think about it too much it all falls to bits.....u have to leave ur IQ at the door when u watch.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #782 on: March 06, 2004, 08:26:17 AM »

atleast smackdown is trying to push others beside the same  guys over and over .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 08:27:20 AM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #783 on: March 06, 2004, 01:51:43 PM »

Edge has injured his ankle which will put his return back a few weeks.

Paul Bearer is apparently definately returning with the undertaker at mania...looks like they are going all the way with this one!

8 tag teams, 16 men, only two of which (rvd and booker t) are actually truely over! The duds, apa and 2 phat are mildly over but the rest - wot a waste of time. However if these dull matches are spread throughout the card it may e good, because it gives the live crowd and us a break from the heavy stuff which will make it a better experience. As good as mania XIX was, it was just good match after good match with no respite, the good thing about mania X-seven was that there were crap matches to let us appreciate the good ones more.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #784 on: March 06, 2004, 02:09:33 PM »

Edge has injured his ankle which will put his return back a few weeks.

Paul Bearer is apparently definately returning with the undertaker at mania...looks like they are going all the way with this one!

8 tag teams, 16 men, only two of which (rvd and booker t) are actually truely over! The duds, apa and 2 phat are mildly over but the rest - wot a waste of time. However if these dull matches are spread throughout the card it may e good, because it gives the live crowd and us a break from the heavy stuff which will make it a better experience. As good as mania XIX was, it was just good match after good match with no respite, the good thing about mania X-seven was that there were crap matches to let us appreciate the good ones more.

Need crap matches so you can go for food, alcohol and in my case go outside for a smoke
Evolution
« Reply #785 on: March 06, 2004, 03:01:33 PM »

raw was excellent again this week.wm is choc a bloc with kick arse matches!i cant wait
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #786 on: March 06, 2004, 04:16:56 PM »

the cool thing is they didnt have to bring back any old superstars to hype shit up

id love to figure out how they are gonna do the card

what match will be last?

lesnar vs goldberg? or hbkvshhh vs benoit?

i think lesnar and goldberg is probably the main event but hbk/hhh/benoit will be last

how is the cruiserweight open gonna go? how does it work?

i wish jericho and christian would be a ladder match or some stipulation, im surprised vince mcmahon isnt wrestling someone

oh well his and bischoffs match on raw was the shits so good thing it isnt gonna be on wrestlemania but u never know there is still a chance

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #787 on: March 06, 2004, 06:02:22 PM »

thanks for the edge info big ploppa dump . can't wait for him to get back , he should get a title push . Grin

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #788 on: March 06, 2004, 06:29:13 PM »

I was once told Paul Bearer (that sort guy that followed Taker and then Kane around right?) was dead...ever since i haven't been able to believe otherwise...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #789 on: March 07, 2004, 05:29:14 AM »

You'll definately be seeing the dead rise at Mania then Izzy  Grin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #790 on: March 07, 2004, 04:04:10 PM »

Raymond Fernandez, who was a pretty big WWF star in the 1980s and did some significant work in Japan in the 90s, passed away in his sleep, and was found dead Saturday morning.

Fernandez, who was most known under his wrestling gimmick name "Hercules Hernandez" was given a ten-bell salute at the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame dinner banquet last night. At the time, the media had not been aware of Fernandez's passing, so it came as somewhat of a surprise.

Of course we'd like to offer our deepest sympothies to the family and friends of Fernandez.

taken from www.backstagewrestling.com

R.I.P
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #791 on: March 07, 2004, 04:54:31 PM »

RIP hercules man what an awesome specimen of a man

i wonder if steroids played anypart in his deatH?

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #792 on: March 07, 2004, 06:00:29 PM »

1 week to go until the best 5 hours of sports entertainment and biggest collection of mark out moments known to man!! One of the biggest mark out moments will be takers entrance, how do you think they will work it? He always has something special at mania, what do you think they will do to symbolise his 'rising' in the limited MSG space?

WM IX - open air-comes to ring on chariot with a raven
WM13 - returns to original outfit for title win
WM XIV - Large scale with druids and flames
WM X-seven - The fastest he has been on his bike in an arean, down that huge ramp
WM XIX - similar to X7 but to limp bizkits live intro
WMXX- Huh??

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #793 on: March 08, 2004, 08:01:07 AM »

1 week to go until the best 5 hours of sports entertainment and biggest collection of mark out moments known to man!! One of the biggest mark out moments will be takers entrance, how do you think they will work it? He always has something special at mania, what do you think they will do to symbolise his 'rising' in the limited MSG space?

WM X-seven - The fastest he has been on his bike in an arean, down that huge ramp
WMXX- Huh??

Hell itself opens and Taker rises from the earth surrounded by fire......

Man this is gonna rock....though incase it doesn't i have my shotgun loaded to find those responsible for ruining it - thats right Goldberg yes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #794 on: March 08, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »

WMXX- Huh??

Hell itself opens and Taker rises from the earth surrounded by fire......

Man this is gonna rock....though incase it doesn't i have my shotgun loaded to find those responsible for ruining it - thats right Goldberg yes

I was thinking it may be more of a case of that's right HHH why the hell have you kept your belt again
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #795 on: March 08, 2004, 04:37:25 PM »

World Title Match
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit

WWE Women's Title Match
Victoria vs. Molly Holly

World Tag Team Titles Match
Booker T & RVD vs. Jindrak & Cade vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz
WWE Title Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

WWE US Title Match
The Big Show vs. John Cena

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Cruiserweight Open
-- Chavo Guerrero Jr. (defending the Cruiserweight Title in this match)
-- Rey Mysterio
-- Billy Kidman
-- Ultimo Dragon
-- Sho Funaki
-- Little Guido
-- Yoshihiro Tajiri
-- Jamie Noble
-- Shannon Moore
-- Akio

Evening Gown Match
Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie

Special Guest Ref: Steve Austin
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

The Rock & Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair

The Undertaker vs. Kane

Chris Jericho vs. Christian

smackdown tag match
worlds greatest tag team vs apa vs bashams vs scotty 2 hotty and rikishi

ok everyone lets start making predictions! lets see who gets the most right!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 04:42:59 PM by D » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #796 on: March 08, 2004, 04:52:39 PM »

ok lets everyone post a mock card what order do u think the matches will flow in?

1.raw tag team turmoil opening match let everyone get settled in etc

2.crusierweight open make the crowd excited as fuck

3. chris jericho vs christian im alternating raw to smackdown

4.big show vs john cena

5. undertaker vs kane

6. molly holly vs victoria

7.eddie guerrero vs kurt angle

8.sable and torrie vs stacy and jackie

9 rock n sock vs evolution

10. smackdown tag turmoil last filler for piss,beer cigarette etc

11. brock vs goldberg

12 hbk/hhh/benoit

its very hard tryin to do this card, i tried to alternate smackdown to raw but who knows how the card will unfold

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #797 on: March 08, 2004, 05:00:37 PM »

Cruiserweight Open (start wth something good)

Raw Tag Fatal 4 Way

Cena vs Big Show

Chris Jericho vs Christian

Smackdown Tag Fatal 4 Way

Rock N' Sock vs Evolution

Playboy Evening Gown Match

Eddie vs Kurt

'Taker vs Kane

Women's Title Match

Brock vs Goldberg

HBK vs HHH vs Benoit
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #798 on: March 08, 2004, 05:15:26 PM »

1 raw tag team turmoil         winner   Jindrak & Cade            
 2 molly holly vs victoria         winner    victoria  
 3 crusierweight                     winner    Ultimo Dragon
 4 chris jericho vs christian     winner    christian
 5 smackdown tag turmoi       winner    worlds greatest tag team
 6 big show vs john cena        winner    john cena
 7 eddie guerrero vs kurt angle     winner  eddie guerrero
 8 undertaker vs kane             winner    undertaker
 9 rock n sock vs evolution      winner     rock n sock
 10 sable and torrie vs stacy and jackie   winner   stacy and jackie
 11 brock vs goldberg            winner     brock
 12 hbk/hhh/benoit               winner     benoit

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #799 on: March 08, 2004, 06:53:27 PM »

First of all - WHAT a card this is, six matches that have me positively drooling and the rest just add to it, here are my predictions of order, results and some booking ideas.

Match 1- John Cena V The Big Show (mania traditionally starts with a title match and cena is perfect to get the crowd goin in the way mysterio,rvd and jericho have done recently) A huge F-U later and he picks up the win

Match 2 - raw tag team turmoil (probably a table bump by the duds to get a pop, reckon rvd and booker may start a feud, pick jindrak and cade for the surprise win)

Match 3 - cruiserweight open (i still see a couple of surprises here, perhaps jeff hardy or some raw guys spike/hurricane - whatever happens itll come down to chavo and rey and chavo will win)

Match 4 - Chris Jericho V Christian (im tempted to call a Trish heel turn but i dont see it just yet, oh what the hell, christian wins after trish turns)

Match 5 - Eddie Guererro V Kurt Angle (i know its early but otherwise this card is gonna be too top heavy, it will be great but will it be one of the greatest, depends on how both men perform on the day, i see big moves a plenty and even reckon eddie may be small/light ebough for angle to turn his running top rope suplex into an angle slam, loads of near falls, crowd anticipation, no run ins, no ref bumps just 100% pure brilliant wrestling and guerrero wins!)

Match 6 - Victoria V Molly (I expect runins from lita and co so they get their mania moment, molly must want a restyle because victoria will retain but wwe never go through with these stips)

Match 7 - Smackdown Tag Turmoil (Grandmaster Sexay return? - maybe, i hope/reckon WGTT get this one even if he does)

Match 8 - Rock n Sock v Evolution (Rock is gonna have to work his arse off here - foley hasn't wrestled in 4 years batista is shit (tho improving) and flair and orton are injured, but i spose it doesnt matter how good the match is, the crowd will be goin mental anyway, as long as they get theri foley bump, rock bottom, peoples elbow and socko itll be worth it - foley over flair)

Match 9 - Playboy evening gown match (i have a feeling the heff himself might turn up to 'judge?' or just watch this one as they have called it 'playboy' match, the later on the card the more chance of more flesh but stacy, torrie and sable in the same ring trying to rip each others clothes off on the biggest event ever in the worlds most famous arena? - wot more can a man ask for, torrie/sable to win for the record!)

Match 10 - The Undertaker V Kane (we now reach the 'business end' of the card, no one knows for sure how taker will look and that makes it even more special, his entranc ewill be spine tingling and the crowd will be wild. I reckon they might get all the heels who arent on the card-steiner, test, hardy, atrain, holly, rhyno etc... to gang up on taker, gives hima  chance to hit his stunning dive over the top, they should beat him down, have kane tombstone him and let him kick out - feel the pop! - then he destroys kane and i have just marked out of my seat!)

Match 11 - Brock Lesnar V Bill Goldberg (if match is booked right it will rock, probably end up with goldberg accidently spearing austin, so austin stuns him in response - leading to lesnar victory.

Match 12 - HHH V HBK V Chris Benoit (10 years since the ladder match, 8 since the iron man match and 6 since his last Wrestlemania main event, HBK is the only man to perform at WM's X and XX and I believe he is fully deserving of his place in this match, people are saying that benoit is being screwed over, if he wins or not, if he main events again or not he is in the main event (probably) of WMXX fighting two of the biggest stars in history for the World title, what more can he ask for!?!?! Anyway itll be a great match benoit and hbk will make trips look like a million bux and he will reep the reward of a succesful defence i believe. It mat not be a ladder match but HBK just HAS to pull one out for old times sake and a major pop!

Thats WrestleMania XX in my eyes, I can't wait, it is an incredibly balanced show with potetntial to be the best of them all, i just hope the booking and performances meet the expectation. This one might have everything AND with rumours of a new logo being unveiled for the company on the show it may be the boost the company needs to kick start itself a la WM XIV.

Apologies for the length of this post....6 days to go!!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: