Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:32:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832001 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7220 on: August 30, 2006, 07:17:53 PM »

Hogan and Brooke were on Z100 (100.3) in New York yesterday afternoon.
When asked what his favorite moment of season 2 of "Hogan Knows Best" was, he said :
"Punking out Shawn Michaels at Summerslam brother"
Brooke went on to say her favorite moment was being signed to a record deal.
The interviewer went on to ask if Hogan wants to get back into the ring and he said
"I have 2 fake knees and hip so it's kinda getting embarassing out there but I did punk out Randy Orton last week at Summerslam"

Roll Eyes
Evolution
« Reply #7221 on: August 30, 2006, 07:42:51 PM »

Illusions of grandeur  no
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7222 on: August 31, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »

The Gymini are scheduled to return to WWE television soon. There has been some talk of moving them to ECW.

I would not move them both to ECW, just Jesse, he's the talented one with the looks and skills he could go far as a solo star, Jake should stay on Smackdown or get fired though, he brings the entire team down, also i wonder if they will be Gymini now since their leader Simon Dean has retired, maybe they could be Extremini (Oh yes, hire me WWE yes)
Evolution
« Reply #7223 on: August 31, 2006, 01:23:28 PM »

New York, N.Y., August 31, 2006 - SCI FI Channel today announced it will keep its new hit program, ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling?), on the network through at least the end of 2007. ECW is produced by World Wrestling Entertainment?, the producer of the No. 1 weekly basic cable TV series, ?Monday Night RAW?? on USA Network.

ECW debuted on SCI FI as a summer series in June on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, providing an alternative brand of wrestling suited to fit the Channel?s commitment to fuel the imagination. The program met with immediate success, with its premiere attracting more than 1.8 million new viewers to SCI FI; 43% of the ECW's premiere audience had not watched the SCI FI Channel during the prior 4 weeks. The debut also set a Channel record for a series premiere attracting 1.07 million viewers 18-34, the most ever in the demographic.

ECW has remained consistent throughout its summer run, averaging about 2.7 million viewers and ranking as one of SCI FI's highest rated weekly programs. It has consistently been one of the top-rated programs in primetime on Tuesday among male teens and one of the top-rated cable programs in households.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 85 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7224 on: August 31, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »

New York, N.Y., August 31, 2006 - SCI FI Channel today announced it will keep its new hit program, ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling?), on the network through at least the end of 2007. ECW is produced by World Wrestling Entertainment?, the producer of the No. 1 weekly basic cable TV series, ?Monday Night RAW?? on USA Network.

ECW debuted on SCI FI as a summer series in June on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, providing an alternative brand of wrestling suited to fit the Channel?s commitment to fuel the imagination. The program met with immediate success, with its premiere attracting more than 1.8 million new viewers to SCI FI; 43% of the ECW's premiere audience had not watched the SCI FI Channel during the prior 4 weeks. The debut also set a Channel record for a series premiere attracting 1.07 million viewers 18-34, the most ever in the demographic.

ECW has remained consistent throughout its summer run, averaging about 2.7 million viewers and ranking as one of SCI FI's highest rated weekly programs. It has consistently been one of the top-rated programs in primetime on Tuesday among male teens and one of the top-rated cable programs in households.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 85 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com

So despite all the moaning, all the bitching, all the crap that has been thrown around about it ECW has been a tremendous success and will continue to be.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7225 on: August 31, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »

So despite all the moaning, all the bitching, all the crap that has been thrown around about it ECW has been a tremendous success and will continue to be.
I've said it many times and i'll say it again, whether this is ECW or not, as far as i'm concerned it's easily the best WWE show every week....
Evolution
« Reply #7226 on: August 31, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

I hope Sci-Fi give it an hour or even 30 minutes more. ECW gives them their best ratings.

I think the WWE guys appearing every week should stop though.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7227 on: August 31, 2006, 02:28:43 PM »

I've said it many times and i'll say it again, whether this is ECW or not, as far as i'm concerned it's easily the best WWE show every week....

go on stoned...say it again!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7228 on: August 31, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »

I hope Sci-Fi give it an hour or even 30 minutes more. ECW gives them their best ratings.
I thought that, but then thought again, maybe it's good cos they don't have too much time, it makes them thinker harder and means they just squeeze in the good stuff and leave you wanting more....
Evolution
« Reply #7229 on: August 31, 2006, 02:47:58 PM »

That's one reason I love iMPACT!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7230 on: August 31, 2006, 03:26:27 PM »

That's one reason I love iMPACT!

So if iMPACT! is pushed to 2 hours you won't like it anymore?

Evolution
« Reply #7231 on: August 31, 2006, 03:29:06 PM »

Nah, I mean things like how much stuff they cram in makes it a great show.

With 2 hours we could get more matches and more things in there  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7232 on: August 31, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

What makes ECW good makes Impact suck!  In my opinion of course.  Thing with ECW is they put cool little segments in introducing new characters, and aside from the dire Shannon Moore ones, which i believe were written just to poke fun at him, they are all amusing and work well.  Normally they promo, generally done by Paul Heyman is solid as hell to, and in an extreme match each week and some solid work it's all good.  Now my issue with TNA is the writing as far as i'm concerned plain sucks and the backstage stuff generally looks awful (The Paparazzi Stuff is an exception...), they have many guys who are weak on the mic, and the thing is i'll watch a bit and think hey this is ok, then i catch a PPV and i find myself so bored, i know they are action packed and good wrestlers but something just doesn't click for me and as for the in-ring stuff, it doesn't really interest me i often find myself not caring about the characters, and if i do that 6-Sided Ring still gets on my nerves, fine they are tryin' to be different and modern and blah blah blah, but some things just should not be tampered with!  And the theme music sucks to dammit! Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #7233 on: August 31, 2006, 04:32:55 PM »

My biggest problem with TNA? The name! I thought that TNA sounded great, until I found out what it stood for. What a joke.

But I don't watch it enough, Evolution's a fanboy and you're a WWE fanboy at heart so none of our opinions count.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #7234 on: August 31, 2006, 05:06:36 PM »

Personally, I find the writing in TNA to be of a good standard. Feuds actually have a reason behind them. Pay-per-views are filled with matches that have a reason to be there and guys get pushed deservedly. If a character catches on in TNA he gets more of a chance, something WWE don't really seem to do much anymore. Besides Stoned, you always use the argument that the writings sucks, how about some examples!

Another thing is that the titles mean a lot more in TNA. They have contender matches and rankings match all the time. They aren't just given to people for no reason.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7235 on: August 31, 2006, 06:21:28 PM »

Personally, I find the writing in TNA to be of a good standard. Feuds actually have a reason behind them. Pay-per-views are filled with matches that have a reason to be there and guys get pushed deservedly. If a character catches on in TNA he gets more of a chance, something WWE don't really seem to do much anymore. Besides Stoned, you always use the argument that the writings sucks, how about some examples!

Another thing is that the titles mean a lot more in TNA. They have contender matches and rankings match all the time. They aren't just given to people for no reason.

I think the writing sux in both WWE and TNA, but I still watch both, hoping for one of them to just get better, though WWE is getting a little better right now.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7236 on: August 31, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »

Examples.  My main problems are the promo's sound unspired.  Look at Christian.  In WWE stupid me thought he was a naturally funny talent and thought he made things up on the fly, i guess i never really thought his great promo's were written (stupid me...) but now i KNOW they were.  In TNA they're bland and boring, he sounds uninterested himself and they've removed the best part of his character, the humour.

I'm not sayin' the basic ideas behind feuds are bad, hey some are real good but they execute them poorly, sayin' that there are some ideas that i just plain hated.  Having Sting return was cool, but then the whole retirement bollocks and Jarrett having his family followed stuff just sucked and it came off real amateurish to me, Shelley has risen since he has been put with Nash, that stuff failed to endear me to the guy.

Sayin' the product sucks, maybe i was being harsh, yes i was, it's just not for me, i've come to realise with my wrestling i need a 4-sided ring and i need crazy stupid gimmicks and high production values and any guys i do like in the company i just imagine what they'd be like in WWE and wish they'd join, apart from the X-Division because i know they'd get buried, with all the rumours of Monty Brown leaving i would love to see him in WWE i could see them pushing him well on Blackdown Smackdown and like Jim said i'm a WWE fanboy (stupidly...)  Cheesy through thick and thin i stick with it.
Evolution
« Reply #7237 on: August 31, 2006, 08:03:02 PM »

You have got to check out Christian's first great heel promo from this week's iMPACT  ok

I suppose some of the guys aren't for everyone. A lot of people's gimmicks are their wrestling more than anything.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7238 on: August 31, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »

A lot of people's gimmicks are their wrestling more than anything.
A company of Chris Benoit's rofl
Evolution
« Reply #7239 on: August 31, 2006, 08:31:29 PM »

They work to their strengths! Guys who can't talk as well get free reign to wrestle! Guys who can talk get time to talk.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: