Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 766474 times)
Evolution
« Reply #6840 on: August 09, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »

I'd love to see Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels one last time. Just from a personal standpoint, Taker should wear that badass old attire he had in 1999. His look is good enough to pull it off I'd say.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6841 on: August 09, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »

Taker should wear that badass old attire he had in 1999.
Dude, you'd mark for any wrestler wearing anything from '99 or any dude from '99 returning, you obsessed Jock! Tongue
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6842 on: August 09, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »

Magazines like Pro Wrestling Insider and the like had wrestler rankings for many federations in the past for what it's worth. #1 contender for whichever title, how many places wrestlers dropped or gained, etc.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6843 on: August 09, 2006, 04:07:56 PM »

I'd find it funny if Khali spoke perfect English in real life and was polite and civilized. But I find unfunny things funny all the time.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Evolution
« Reply #6844 on: August 09, 2006, 07:53:34 PM »

Taker should wear that badass old attire he had in 1999.
Dude, you'd mark for any wrestler wearing anything from '99 or any dude from '99 returning, you obsessed Jock! Tongue

It was a great time to be a fan!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6845 on: August 10, 2006, 06:11:40 AM »

Taker's matches can be good but generally with men smaller than him who can carry him, his matches with Bigger men such as Khali and Show have sucked but put him against someone like Booker T or Angle and he still has it!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #6846 on: August 10, 2006, 07:36:18 AM »

One match I always thought would be cool was The Undertaker vs Shelton Benjamin.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6847 on: August 10, 2006, 07:50:35 AM »

They are all legends and sorely missed, that's a given, but i don't think any of them had the same impact Austin did.

One that i miss loads is Mr. Perfect, he's in league with Ted Dibiase as one of the greatest wrestlers to never win the big one....

You do see Andre the Giant in that collage, right? ? Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Evolution
« Reply #6848 on: August 10, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »

Obviously in such a spectacle heavy kind of thing such as wrestling, things like entrances are very important to a character's presentation and character. I was wondering if you guys had favourites?

Personally I reckon the best entrance of all time has got to be The Undertaker's. The lights going out, lighters in the crowd and the ominous gong is just classic stuff. His slow pace getting to the ring, the fireworks are he passes certain points and the whole smoke when he stands on the ring steps with his eyes in the back of his head just makes him the most intimidating sight in wrestling for sure.  ok

Another quality entrance is Stone Cold Steve Austin's. The whole pausing just before his music hits and smash, followed by his speed walk to the ring just popped a crowd very nicely.

Lastly, deserving special mention are Randy Orton's "November Rain" style golden pyro from 2004, Goldust's golden confetti and of course The Brood's amazing trapdoor and fire ring thing.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6849 on: August 10, 2006, 10:05:16 AM »

^ i always liked Mr Perfects smack the gum thing....that was awesome and edge and Christian's pose thing and Jericho's Y2J entrance lean on the ropes...that just screamed arrogance ... it was great, does he still do that?

Evolution
« Reply #6850 on: August 10, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »

He did last we saw of him. He's been out exactly a year doing VH1 and Fozzy.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6851 on: August 10, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »

He did last we saw of him. He's been out exactly a year doing VH1 and Fozzy.

On that note:

Celebrity Duets, on Fox.  I think it starts August 29th.  Y2J will be on the show with "someone" famous from the music biz (I have no clue who, some names that are participating are Macy Gray, Patti LaBelle, Clint Black, Cyndi Lauper, Aaron Neville, Randy Travis, Brian McKnight, Kenny Loggins, Smokey Robinson, Dionne Warwick, Michael Bolton, Chaka Khan and Richard Marx ).....

Can someone say: Train wreck.  It sounds like they're going to do "dancing with the stars" but with singing.  I'm not sure who the other contestants are (I saw the guy who played Carlton on Fresh Prince of Bel Air in the promo, too, so I guess he's one), but.....yea gods.....

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=475840

Together again,
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6852 on: August 10, 2006, 12:22:45 PM »

They are all legends and sorely missed, that's a given, but i don't think any of them had the same impact Austin did.

One that i miss loads is Mr. Perfect, he's in league with Ted Dibiase as one of the greatest wrestlers to never win the big one....

Oh yeah, i would still say it's debatable, Austin guided WWE to it's 2 most profitable years of business ever.....

....and if you're referring to 'winning the big one', Andre did, then he flogged the belt Cheesy

....Best Entrances....

Legion of Doom just for the awesome 'What a Ruuuusssshhhh.....'

Undertaker's was good the first 100 times, now it just bores me.

Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi, the No. 1 Contender to the ECW World Title will finally be determined. Kurt Angle, Sabu and Rob Van Dam will compete in a No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Ladder Match, with the winner going on to face Big Show for the ECW World Title at SummerSlam.

This past Tuesday, Angle and Sabu squared off in a No. 1 Contender Match, but it was interrupted by the shocking return of Van Dam. Back from his 30-day suspension, RVD attacked both men with a chair, rendering the match a No Contest. Many were surprised that he would attack long-time friend and partner Sabu, but apparently the quest for revenge and gold outweighs the alliance between the two Extremists.?

Obviously, RVD is looking to regain the ECW World Title that he feels was stolen from him on July 4, and now he is one step closer to that opportunity. Of course, it?s an opportunity Angle and Sabu both covet as well, and now they may have the extra added motivation of paying RVD back for his actions.

Big Show said last Tuesday night that it doesn?t matter who the No. 1 Contender is, because he will ?crush them like crackers for (his) soup.? On Tuesday night, three men will be one step away from becoming the proverbial fly in his SummerSlam soup.

What will be the outcome? Will Angle head to SummerSlam with a chance to become the second man to ever hold the WWE, WCW and ECW Championships? Will Van Dam get a chance to regain what he feels should still be his? Or will Sabu get the chance that he?s been denied of three weeks in a row? Find out Tuesday night at 10/9 CT when ECW on Sci Fi is live from Washington, D.C.

drool
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6853 on: August 10, 2006, 01:28:22 PM »

Oh yeah, i would still say it's debatable, Austin guided WWE to it's 2 most profitable years of business ever.....

....and if you're referring to 'winning the big one', Andre did, then he flogged the belt Cheesy

Well, lets just say I disagree.

Without Andre', there might not have been a WWF left around to carry.? Most people remember the Andre from WM III and onward (when he was still a big draw, to be sure), but fail to remember the Andre from the mid to late 70's through the early 80's that, even without the world title, was the WWWF and WWF's most popular wrestler.? He was actually a gifted worker (something the pain he was in prevented later in his career), never mind for someone his size.? Hell, the WWF basically CREATED the WWF Hall of Fame, after his passing, because of him, just so they could induct him (he was the first) into it.

I give Austin his due.? He was an important factor in the WWF/WWE history, probably the MOST important factor in the most recent history of the WWE...though it's a tough call between him and HHH.? And a Hall of Famer, at some point down the road, to be sure.? But, for my money, there are few wresters (Hogan, Sanmartino, Flair, maybe Bob Backlund, and probably HHH by the time he's finished with his career) who measure up to Andre and none that eclipse him. Austin is close to that level, but, for me, not quite there.

Not to mention Andre was killer in "The Princess Bride"....much better than Austin on Nash Bridges, that's for sure.? AND I'll bet Andre could outdrink the Rattlesnake, to boot.

Together again,
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #6854 on: August 10, 2006, 01:29:38 PM »

Sweet mother of jesus, how the hell can they possibly throw that match away on television, it has pay per view main event written all over it, what a dream match! I presume RVD will face Angle at the show then with Sabu set to take on Big Show.

As for entrances, their is no better experience than witnessing an undertaker entrance live, its spine tingling.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6855 on: August 10, 2006, 01:36:26 PM »

I'll also agree with the majority on entrances?? 'Takers wins, hands down.

But I gotta say, from someone who's seen Hogan's entrance time and time again....live, on tape, on live TV, etc.....I still get pumped up when I hear his music hit.? The entrance itself isn't overly exciting like Takers, but the music hits and...the roof just blows off the place.? He'd have to be my #2.

#3 would, I think, have to be Rick Rude's old entrance, complete with crowd interaction segment prior to his match.  You just wanted to cold cock the motherfucker when he was done.

#4 Would be The Million Dollar Man's entrance, with Virgil, and wacky stunt for money gimick with the crowd.

#5 Would be Sting's "Crow" entrance, prior to the Owen tragedy....though I gotta say I liked "surfer dude" Sting a whole lot better.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 01:42:40 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6856 on: August 10, 2006, 02:25:15 PM »

Well, lets just say I disagree.

Without Andre', there might not have been a WWF left around to carry.? Most people remember the Andre from WM III and onward (when he was still a big draw, to be sure), but fail to remember the Andre from the mid to late 70's through the early 80's that, even without the world title, was the WWWF and WWF's most popular wrestler.? He was actually a gifted worker (something the pain he was in prevented later in his career), never mind for someone his size.? Hell, the WWF basically CREATED the WWF Hall of Fame, after his passing, because of him, just so they could induct him (he was the first) into it.

I give Austin his due.? He was an important factor in the WWF/WWE history, probably the MOST important factor in the most recent history of the WWE...though it's a tough call between him and HHH.? And a Hall of Famer, at some point down the road, to be sure.? But, for my money, there are few wresters (Hogan, Sanmartino, Flair, maybe Bob Backlund, and probably HHH by the time he's finished with his career) who measure up to Andre and none that eclipse him. Austin is close to that level, but, for me, not quite there.

Not to mention Andre was killer in "The Princess Bride"....much better than Austin on Nash Bridges, that's for sure.? AND I'll bet Andre could outdrink the Rattlesnake, to boot.
Fair enough.  I'll have to say, history wise you have an advantage.

I started watching wrestling 1991/1992 -

By buying all the big events on tape/dvd i've pretty much seen all the big wwf events since 1985.

But that's just it, the Andre i saw was an awful in ring performer way past his best, so having not even been close to living through or seeing 70s action, i can't really judge i guess.

As for being able to outdrink Austin hihi , so can Big Show.....go figure Tongue
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6857 on: August 10, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »

Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi, the No. 1 Contender to the ECW World Title will finally be determined. Kurt Angle, Sabu and Rob Van Dam will compete in a No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Ladder Match, with the winner going on to face Big Show for the ECW World Title at SummerSlam.

Holy Shit thats gonna fucking rock

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #6858 on: August 10, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »

The Bush Whackers always got me going!  love

Luke and Butch and what a fucking entrance, god damn you knew the opponent was in trouble when their music hit.
And their finisher, fucking devestating.

Cue Stoned with Battering Ram gif......

smoking

Smoke weed
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6859 on: August 10, 2006, 04:22:37 PM »

The Bush Whackers always got me going!  love

Luke and Butch and what a fucking entrance, god damn you knew the opponent was in trouble when their music hit.
And their finisher, fucking devestating.

Cue Stoned with Battering Ram gif......

smoking

Smoke weed

The whackers were fun to watch .

Didn't they have a little whacker for a while ?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: