Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:09:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 765479 times)
Evolution
« Reply #6800 on: August 08, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »

I wanna see some garbage throwing in the ring!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6801 on: August 08, 2006, 02:03:18 PM »

I wanna see some garbage throwing in the ring!
I don't, it was idiots doing that that caused Droz to get paralysed.
Evolution
« Reply #6802 on: August 08, 2006, 02:06:29 PM »

At the end of the event if possible like. Seeing Jarrett in packages walking up the ramp being pelted with stuff makes for a great visual.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6803 on: August 08, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »

At the end of the event if possible like. Seeing Jarrett in packages walking up the ramp being pelted with stuff makes for a great visual.

Yeah throwing things is dangerous but like you say . . its a great atmosphere to be part of at the time.

I remember when the fans threw there seats into the ring during the funk foley match in ECW . . that was nuts.

The droz thing was very bad and unfortunate but its a rare occurance.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6804 on: August 09, 2006, 06:47:03 AM »

I missed 1 Raw and 2 Smackdowns because I was on holiday and had to watch Heat to find out what happened on Raw. But they just mostly showed old Summerslam matches involving Hogan and Orton. Which was sort of pointless.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Evolution
« Reply #6805 on: August 09, 2006, 06:52:33 AM »

Yeah, I mean during an event it's pretty ill-advised, I guess the ref in the D'Lo/Droz match didn't see the spill in time or something. After the main event though it's quite cool.

I was just thinking the other day about the resurgence of the tag team division in 1999-2001 and how interesting that of the 3 teams that spearheaded it, Edge and Christian, The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz, that Edge and Christian were the only ones to go onto big success in singles competition. I always thought at least Matt Hardy could have been a player. Jeff Hardy lost what made him unique when his body forced him to switch to a safer style and The Dudleyz could have had at least a family feud over the IC Title. Their ECW matches together were quite intense.

Getting into wrestling in early 1999, I was always used to having a pretty large tag team division, albeit hastily thrown together at times. You had in mid-2000, The Dudleyz, Hardy, E and C, T and A, Kaientai, The Hollys, Malenko/Saturn, Roadogg and X-Pac, Too Cool, Bossman/Buchanan, Head Cheese and many more. You could actually have tag matches that didn't involve the title in anyway. The way WWE treats the tag belts these days is terrible. Trading them between superteams like The McMahons and DX would even be a step up to what they are now. Beating a dead horse in this thread I know but it really is shite!
Evolution
« Reply #6806 on: August 09, 2006, 06:53:25 AM »

I missed 1 Raw and 2 Smackdowns because I was on holiday and had to watch Heat to find out what happened on Raw. But they just mostly showed old Summerslam matches involving Hogan and Orton. Which was sort of pointless.

Yeah there was a double taping last week meaning no Heat. You didn't miss a great deal though.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6807 on: August 09, 2006, 06:57:48 AM »

I should probably watch Raw from this week as well.....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6808 on: August 09, 2006, 09:31:23 AM »

To Pilferk:

I was at this small old school wrestling forum, and one of the members was going to do this site about dead wrestlers, but it never got off the ground. He posted this small collage, and its incredibly moving. You look at these guys and its just unreal that all of them are gone. I knew they were all dead already, but seeing it like this really puts it in perspective.

These people are all legends. Absolutely irreplaceable. I dont care how many John Cenas and Kanes and Austins Mcmahon tries to throw at people. They will never come close to having the impact that these guys(and Miss Elizabeth) had.

May they all rest in peace. peace

EDIT: Not trying to hijack your thread with a "old vs new" debate. I just wanted Pilferk and any other old school fans to see this. peace

Evolution
« Reply #6809 on: August 09, 2006, 09:38:49 AM »

It definately does put it into perspective. We all know about irreplaceable loss from last year.

It's really sad how 3/5's of the Hart Foundation stable from 1997 are dead.  Undecided
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6810 on: August 09, 2006, 09:42:55 AM »

Yeah, I mean during an event it's pretty ill-advised, I guess the ref in the D'Lo/Droz match didn't see the spill in time or something. After the main event though it's quite cool.

I was just thinking the other day about the resurgence of the tag team division in 1999-2001 and how interesting that of the 3 teams that spearheaded it, Edge and Christian, The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz, that Edge and Christian were the only ones to go onto big success in singles competition. I always thought at least Matt Hardy could have been a player. Jeff Hardy lost what made him unique when his body forced him to switch to a safer style and The Dudleyz could have had at least a family feud over the IC Title. Their ECW matches together were quite intense.

Getting into wrestling in early 1999, I was always used to having a pretty large tag team division, albeit hastily thrown together at times. You had in mid-2000, The Dudleyz, Hardy, E and C, T and A, Kaientai, The Hollys, Malenko/Saturn, Roadogg and X-Pac, Too Cool, Bossman/Buchanan, Head Cheese and many more. You could actually have tag matches that didn't involve the title in anyway. The way WWE treats the tag belts these days is terrible. Trading them between superteams like The McMahons and DX would even be a step up to what they are now. Beating a dead horse in this thread I know but it really is shite!

Could not agree more.

A tag team title was an art form at one point.

You could put the world champ in and another main eventer against the tag champs and the Tag champs were favourites. . . Thats how it should be.

Edge and Christian were always gonna be huge coz they had the personality as a team and individually. The dudleys and the Hardys are and always was better as tag teams.

But if you think about Teams like:

The smoking guns
The Rockers
New Age Outlaws
APA
Legion Of Doom
E & C
Hardy boyz
Dudleys
The Quebecers
Men on a Mission

thats just a few but all of them were proper teams with double team moves. . ?You dont see that much of that these days which is a shame

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #6811 on: August 09, 2006, 09:47:33 AM »

Totally, that's why I love how TNA have actually got something of a tag division.

You have The Naturals, AMW, Diamonds in the Rough, Bentley and Kazarian, The James Gang, LAX and the thrown together on/off tag teams that the division sometimes needs like Styles/Daniels and Sabin/Lethal or Dutt. I think after Paparazzi Productions are done feuding with Sabin they should have a match or two with Daniels and Styles. Shelley is a quality wrestler. His moveset and mannerisms just play up his slimey character.

I also think the X Division is heating up nicely. Because the 3 men who have dominated it are now into tag teaming and main events the under-used guys can now battle over it.
Evolution
« Reply #6812 on: August 09, 2006, 09:48:45 AM »

Also, just looking at that collage again, I still can't believe The Big Bossman isn't around anymore either  Undecided
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6813 on: August 09, 2006, 09:54:31 AM »

Totally, that's why I love how TNA have actually got something of a tag division.

You have The Naturals, AMW, Diamonds in the Rough, Bentley and Kazarian, The James Gang, LAX and the thrown together on/off tag teams that the division sometimes needs like Styles/Daniels and Sabin/Lethal or Dutt. I think after Paparazzi Productions are done feuding with Sabin they should have a match or two with Daniels and Styles. Shelley is a quality wrestler. His moveset and mannerisms just play up his slimey character.

I also think the X Division is heating up nicely. Because the 3 men who have dominated it are now into tag teaming and main events the under-used guys can now battle over it.

Could not agree more. In my opinion WWE has de-valued the tag titles and the IC title.

[/color]

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6814 on: August 09, 2006, 09:56:15 AM »

It definately does put it into perspective. We all know about irreplaceable loss from last year.

It's really sad how 3/5's of the Hart Foundation stable from 1997 are dead.  Undecided
Yeah, even though I dont consider Eddie "old school", that was definitely a huge blow to the wrestling world, and twenty years down the road there will be a similar collage with him right in the middle of it.

3/5ths? nervous Who? I'm in zombie mode from no sleep and about to do an 8 hour shift, so maybe my mind is a little hazy. hihi
Also, just looking at that collage again, I still can't believe The Big Bossman isn't around anymore either  Undecided
Yeah, he is a huge loss as well. Alot of classic matches. He was involved in two wrestling moments I will never forget. The time at Starrcade when Ron garvin piledrived him in that Louisville Street Fight and when Hulk Hogan superplexed him off the top of a steel cage. Probably one of Hogan's finest moments.

GNRfan, you want tag teams: Go rent some old tapes and watch the Road Warriors, Demolition, The hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Tully Blanchard and Arne Anderson, Ivan and Nikita Koloff, The Midnight Express, The Rock n Roll Express, Powers of Pain, Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez, The Freebirds, The Von Erichs. Now there are some fucking tag teams.

Sorry for the old school ranting and raving.

Back to regularly scheduled programming......................

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6815 on: August 09, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »

Got to love RVD.

Only he can run in on an Angle vs Sabu match . . Fuck up the van Daminator then pretend to praise his former tag partner then nail him with a chair.

And the . ?. Stand there while all the fans Shout with him R....V.....D. He is just a one off legend.

Angle vs Rvd vs Sabu has so much potential its unreal

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #6816 on: August 09, 2006, 10:08:50 AM »

3/5ths? nervous Who? I'm in zombie mode from no sleep and about to do an 8 hour shift, so maybe my mind is a little hazy. hihi

The British Bulldog, Owen Hart and Brian Pillman all died, just Bret and Neidhart left.

Keep ranting James! It's cool how this thread can appeal to so many years and eras. I mean what other thread on this forum has such a vast range of topics all enclosed in one.

I read about RVD, sounds good. I'm expect a Big Show Vs RVD Vs Sabu Vs Kurt Angle match at Summerslam. All Big Show can do is add to that match, so should be pretty good. Raw already has 4 matches added to Summerslam. Smackdown only has the World Title Match announced today and ECW hasn't any yet.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6817 on: August 09, 2006, 10:11:54 AM »

I read about RVD, sounds good. I'm expect a Big Show Vs RVD Vs Sabu Vs Kurt Angle match at Summerslam. All Big Show can do is add to that match, so should be pretty good. Raw already has 4 matches added to Summerslam. Smackdown only has the World Title Match announced today and ECW hasn't any yet.

Can't Wait. I hope edge destroys Cena and i hope RVD returns to the top

[/color]

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6818 on: August 09, 2006, 10:14:51 AM »

I didn't know Pillman was in The Hart Foundation. I guess I didn't watch it at that time.  My interest in wrestling always comes in cycles. I guess it was in an off cycle at that point. hihi I thought Neidhart might be who you were referring to.

Evolution
« Reply #6819 on: August 09, 2006, 10:16:12 AM »

I didn't know Pillman was in The Hart Foundation. I guess I didn't watch it at that time.  My interest in wrestling always comes in cycles. I guess it was in an off cycle at that point. hihi I thought Neidhart might be who you were referring to.

Nope, Neidhart is still kicking around and last I heard WWE was interesting in signing his daughter Hattie Neidhart.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: