Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:10:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 763151 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6700 on: July 25, 2006, 06:45:54 AM »

Wrestling hihi I find it fuckin' hilarious.. I just can't get it, what's the point of wrestling?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6701 on: July 25, 2006, 07:40:55 AM »

Last rant piece, Jerry Lawler. Lazy, stale, not worth airtime bastard. How often on Raw does he just hum and haw not saying anything in particular. Time was, he was hilarious and helped get heels over. Now he is so watered down that he has to be carried by JR. In 1999 Lawler helped make Cole the commentator he is today IMO.

Yeah, how come he doesn't support heels as much now? When Coach was an announcer, he seemed to switch to being a face, and he's stayed the same.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Evolution
« Reply #6702 on: July 25, 2006, 08:28:19 AM »

When JBL made mention of his time as a member of The Ministry of Darkness I marked out big time.  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6703 on: July 25, 2006, 11:35:18 AM »

Wrestling hihi I find it fuckin' hilarious.. I just can't get it, what's the point of wrestling?
What's that?

You know sayin' stuff like that round here is like blasphemy, if Arron got his hands on you he'd probably roll you into a joint and smoke you.......to be honest...he still might Wink

Not to worry though, you're not as bad as the last guy who came in here knocking wrestling, he was a right cunt, he told us it was fake Shocked Shocked, it was like finding out that Santa Claus doesn't exist, but ten times worse (You do know he doesn't exist right? Tongue)

I'm tempted to answer this in full and bore my brains out going on and on, but thankfully, i remember a time in another section when wrestling was being knocked, so, i'm going to reference/quote/copy it (because, well, i'm lazy....and i'd be surprised if you actually came back here to read my response...)

This first bit strays away from your question, but, i'll put it in anyway, just as it defends it's homosexualness and also explains it's wholesome goodness (I think...)

Really. Why would a bunch of men want to watch that? Huh
'Tis an entertaining art form at best, some people just don't get it.? Your comments show your total lack of knowledge about the business, if it was exactly like you described no i would not watch it but it's not, not to worry though i'm used to naive haters and it's not for everyone.? Not to be sexist but it's mainly a bloke thing although i'm sure there's plenty of blokes here lining up to bash it to.? It has it's moments where it is awful which make you wonder why you watch, it can be trully embarrasing at times but at others it's magnifcent and entertaining.? The fact that it's all preplanned gives the athletes involved the chance to put on a more entertaining show.? You can have 30 minute classics where through the wrestling a story is told in the ring and these guys push themselves to the limit putting their bodies on the line doing their upmost to put on the most entertaining show they can, guys prepared to bleed in the ring.? These are like actors turned stunt men not only are there constant stories going with them acting (sometimes poorly sometimes greatly depending on who...) they take the falls and bumps stuntmen would.? Like i said it's entertainment, but it's not for everyone but it's not as homoerotic as you described..... Tongue[/i]

This bit is much more to the point though, explaining why we take it seriously and why we are IWC 4 Life yes Tongue

but I still don't understand how people can take it so seriously....

You get these people who get really really into it, and they support a particular wrestler, and they have these huge arguments with people who support that wrestler's "enemy"... even though they're not really enemies!
I take it seriously in one sense, i'm a die-hard fan have been since i started watching it in 1992 when i was like 7.? But in other ways i don't i mean your example is comical because anyone who supports one side or the other, good guy or bad guy clearly don't realise it's preplanned not all together real nature.? I have favourites as everyone does but i won't lose any sleep if they win/lose anyway, 'tis just very entertaining to me.? The arguments i will get into is about who is more talented in the sense of someone defending one actor against another e.g. someone great like Robert De Niro against someone who sucks ass like Vin Diesel and i question why they employ such a moron....

...it's sport entertainment, and anything where people bleed and do stuff as athletic as what these guys do may not be a sport but it's fuckin' impressive.? People who take it seriously Markus are people who are passionate, there's plenty of people who don't get why us here take the New GN'R so seriously....[/i]
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6704 on: July 25, 2006, 12:02:02 PM »

I agree with Mr Stoned.? ok

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6705 on: July 25, 2006, 12:11:21 PM »

Carlito vs Shelton Benjamin ruled to!

Totally forgot about Carlito. He is a talented dude. Charisma and Mic skills. He needs a better finisher and he'd be huge

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6706 on: July 25, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »

Totally forgot about Carlito. He is a talented dude. Charisma and Mic skills. He needs a better finisher and he'd be huge
The Backcracker is a great finisher, it's different and brutal......
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #6707 on: July 25, 2006, 03:43:24 PM »

And could be quite dangerous. I want Burchills move back...i want burchill back...any news on new gimmicks?

Evolution
« Reply #6708 on: July 25, 2006, 04:16:35 PM »

Just a switch-blade wielding football hooligan.

Word is you can add Matt Hardy to the list of guys out of action  Tongue
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6709 on: July 25, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

When JBL made mention of his time as a member of The Ministry of Darkness I marked out big time.  ok

I jumped out of the window again.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #6710 on: July 25, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »

Nicely done! Helms is the only WWF and WCW Hardcore Champion ever! Another JBL chestnut.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6711 on: July 25, 2006, 08:57:03 PM »

Here it is folks, the video of RVD and Sabu getting pulled over.......

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/25/wwe-smackdown-wrestling-stars-vs-ohio-police/

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Evolution
« Reply #6712 on: July 25, 2006, 10:03:32 PM »

He actually sounds more drug-free than usual.

"Wanna explain to me why your car smells ah dough-pah?"
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6713 on: July 26, 2006, 03:01:14 AM »

Stoned, what you said actually makes sense to me Cheesy So now I know better!

Btw. As a Finn I can tell you that Santa really exist ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6714 on: July 26, 2006, 11:30:15 AM »

I told you all I'd give you a heads up when MSG Classics was on again.....well, it's on tonight from 8 to 9 and then from 9 to 10 on the MSG network.

I can't remember the cards, exactly, but I do remember there were some good matches on them.  I know Savage, Steamboat, Hogan and Morocco are on the first hour....just not sure of the exact matches.  I know one was Hogan vs Magnificent Morocco.  And I honestly don't remember WHO was on the 2nd hour (I was glancing quickly on my TIVO).  Anyone who can might want to give the shows a peek.  They've been well worth it so far.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6715 on: July 26, 2006, 12:11:25 PM »

It may look painful but it doesn't have the same iconic look as a stunner or a rock bottom or a pedigree.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6716 on: July 26, 2006, 03:08:36 PM »

Yeah? And? So? What?

Next year, when Carlito is main eventing, we'll see how iconic the backcracker is.

Evolution
« Reply #6717 on: July 26, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »

Carlito will be a big name next year. They should do a Survivor Series 1998 Rocky style thing. Do the whole thing with fans itching to cheer him against an over face.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6718 on: July 26, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »

Tatanka will be off the road for 30 days due to "personal issues".......That makes, what, about 6 this week??? Smackdown is in deep shit.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6719 on: July 26, 2006, 04:27:02 PM »

Tatanka will be off the road for 30 days due to "personal issues".......That makes, what, about 6 this week??? Smackdown is in deep shit.
No great loss.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: