Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 763158 times)
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #6680 on: July 24, 2006, 02:54:12 PM »

Future of Wrestling
Florida Championship
Nothing too well known

But there were some guys
That you've probably heard of...
Like Kazarian,

Dennis Knight, Luna
And Gangrel, Norman Smiley,
Danny Doring, too...

And lots of young guys
Just trying to get started:
Justice, the Vandals....

Al Bino (now known
As Naphtali), Billy Fives...
Oops...forgot Sandman...

They all worked SO hard
And they were all AWESOME guys.
Experience ruled!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #6681 on: July 24, 2006, 03:02:57 PM »

And word is Shane isn't at RAW either, so it should be interesting to see what they do tonight....

Maybe Linda's there
In lieu of McMahon men...
Linda vs. Shawn!? ?crying crying  Grin

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Evolution
« Reply #6682 on: July 24, 2006, 03:06:16 PM »

Dennis Knight
And Gangrel

Shocked Legends of the Attitude Era!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6683 on: July 24, 2006, 04:21:47 PM »

Few quick notes.

Super Crazy was not on the PPV last night because he has liver problems to.

Kid Kash is expected to be suspended soon. confused

Finlay could be turning Face due to the depleted roster.

Tonight on RAW it's Highlanders vs Spirit Squad for the Tag Gold!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6684 on: July 24, 2006, 04:35:14 PM »

What's going on???

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #6685 on: July 24, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »

What's going on???

uh...lots of people are getting liver problems.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #6686 on: July 24, 2006, 04:40:25 PM »

Must have been one wild party...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6687 on: July 24, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »

Must have been one wild party...
They're all pussies.  Or at least that's what JBL would have you believe.

When talking about Lashley's problems on the PPV last night he said something along the lines of 'He drinks like Jake Roberts and he's never had liver problems, Lashley's just scared.....'

Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #6688 on: July 24, 2006, 04:59:32 PM »

Hehe yeah, JBL does a great job. Actually mentions stuff like the title history Matt and Helms had last night.
Evolution
« Reply #6689 on: July 24, 2006, 07:57:20 PM »

Thought the Wrestling Thread old school would be into this

WWE Presents Madison Square Garden Classics
July 18, 2006

Madison Square Garden Classics Video Preview

World Wrestling Entertainment? (WWE) and Madison Square Garden have had a long and storied history, with Madison Square Garden being home to many high profile WWE events, including the very first WrestleMania? as well as WrestleMania X and WrestleMania XX.

Now, it is time to re-live the history with ?WWE Presents Madison Square Garden Classics.? New episodes of the series will air on MSG eight times this summer and 30 times in the coming year in a two-hour block on Wednesday nights beginning at 8:00 p.m.

The series, to be hosted by legendary WWE announcer ?Mean Gene? Okerlund, premieres this Wednesday, July 12, and will look back at some of the WWE?s most memorable matches from Madison Square Garden from the 1970?s and beyond. Okerlund, who has over 30 years in sports-entertainment, will introduce the classic shows and lead viewers through some of WWE?s most famous events.

The series will feature matches that include WWE Legends such as Hulk Hogan, The Iron Sheik, Andre the Giant, ?Superfly? Jimmy Snuka, Mr. Fuji, Paul Orndorff, Tito Santana, Sgt. Slaughter, The Undertaker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, The British Bulldog and the Wild Samoans.

The next episode, which debuts Wednesday, July 26 at 8:00 PM, is from June 21, 1985. It features Randy Savage?s MSG debut in a match against Rick McGraw. WWE Intercontinental Champion, Greg Valentine, takes on Ricky ?The Dragon? Steamboat with some help from his manager, Jimmy Hart. In the main event, Hulk Hogan defends the WWE Title against the Magnificent Muraco in a Steel Cage Match.

The second hour features the first Raw at MSG ever on September 22, 1997. Cactus Jack makes a surprise WWE debut against Hunter Hearst Helmsley in a classic Falls Count Anywhere Match.  Stone Cold shocks everybody when he stuns Vince McMahon for the first time, kicking off one of WWE?s biggest rivalries in history.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6690 on: July 24, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »

Great.

I'm losing RAW, and with this I'm not getting some of what I really wanna see.

Angry

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6691 on: July 24, 2006, 09:51:33 PM »

Minus the small slip up at the end by Benjamin......that perhaps was one of the greatest matches I've seen all year on Raw.  Kudos to Carlito.........hell even the Highlanders and Spirit Squad tonight wasn't bad.......I'm glad they didn't put to belts on the Highlanders yet.  Those guys have a fun gimmick and I hope they stay around for a while.  Now minus the crappy Cena and Flair teamup........Raw has actually been exciting tonight!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Evolution
« Reply #6692 on: July 24, 2006, 10:42:18 PM »

Crazy finish.

Glad someone positive still posts here Bill. I'm bored out of my mind by Raw for some reason.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6693 on: July 24, 2006, 10:45:48 PM »

Crazy finish.

Glad someone positive still posts here Bill. I'm bored out of my mind by Raw for some reason.

Don't feel bad....I jumped the gun by far because as soon as I typed that....Raw has been shit ever since.? I counted my damn chickens!? rofl

That interview with Cena was utter crap.......seriously I can't fucking stand that dude. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:48:42 PM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Evolution
« Reply #6694 on: July 24, 2006, 10:48:56 PM »

Haha it sure has. Cena's "promo" was a shocker, I couldn't give a shit about anything really. Cena and Flair in the same team makes me sick.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6695 on: July 24, 2006, 11:01:22 PM »

God WWE needs new writers.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #6696 on: July 24, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »

What happened to the days when it was wrestling? Even in the Attitude era which brought about the more storyline heavy programming, you still got around 9 matches during a Raw. Characters got matches almost every week to get themselves and their gimmicks over. Because of having more, shorter matches on TV, fans bought PPV's specifically to see longer matches etc. Another advantage is the fact that all matches on a PPV card have some actual build up behind them.

Another thing I have a problem with is the fact WWE refuse to listen to fans anymore. If the WWF didn't go with the Austin reaction in 1997 where would they be now? These days, Cena will no be turned heel because of a shit reason like merchandise revenue being lost and people like Armando Alejandro Estrada doesn't get as much mic time because he is going face. Bullshit. The reason is no-one cares about the Cruiserweight Division is because they wrestle the small fucking style as the big guys except at a slightly faster pace. The divison could be a legit ratings winner if given a free reign on moves. Fuck being worried about burning out a crowd before the main event. If the reactions are strong enough, they can be pushed up the card to become the main event!

And what the hell are WWE doing to their secondary titles? Intercontinental Champion? Pinned on Raw by Cena. Tag Champions? No contenders whatsoever. Women's Title? No divison. I mean seriously. Fucking joke.

Last rant piece, Jerry Lawler. Lazy, stale, not worth airtime bastard. How often on Raw does he just hum and haw not saying anything in particular. Time was, he was hilarious and helped get heels over. Now he is so watered down that he has to be carried by JR. In 1999 Lawler helped make Cole the commentator he is today IMO.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6697 on: July 24, 2006, 11:14:31 PM »

What happened to the days when it was wrestling? Even in the Attitude era which brought about the more storyline heavy programming, you still got around 9 matches during a Raw. Characters got matches almost every week to get themselves and their gimmicks over. Because of having more, shorter matches on TV, fans bought PPV's specifically to see longer matches etc. Another advantage is the fact that all matches on a PPV card have some actual build up behind them.

Another thing I have a problem with is the fact WWE refuse to listen to fans anymore. If the WWF didn't go with the Austin reaction in 1997 where would they be now? These days, Cena will no be turned heel because of a shit reason like merchandise revenue being lost and people like Armando Alejandro Estrada doesn't get as much mic time because he is going face. Bullshit. The reason is no-one cares about the Cruiserweight Division is because they wrestle the small fucking style as the big guys except at a slightly faster pace. The divison could be a legit ratings winner if given a free reign on moves. Fuck being worried about burning out a crowd before the main event. If the reactions are strong enough, they can be pushed up the card to become the main event!

And what the hell are WWE doing to their secondary titles? Intercontinental Champion? Pinned on Raw by Cena. Tag Champions? No contenders whatsoever. Women's Title? No divison. I mean seriously. Fucking joke.

Last rant piece, Jerry Lawler. Lazy, stale, not worth airtime bastard. How often on Raw does he just hum and haw not saying anything in particular. Time was, he was hilarious and helped get heels over. Now he is so watered down that he has to be carried by JR. In 1999 Lawler helped make Cole the commentator he is today IMO.

Excellent rant, couldn?t have said it better .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6698 on: July 25, 2006, 05:35:29 AM »

I've said it for ages now, and I think that Great American Bash proved that the Smackdown commentators are the premier men! Everything about Michael Cole and JBL was how it should be!, JBL played the good heel, he was funny as fuck, and Michael Cole was the Gary Neville of commentating; always reliable!

JBL is funnier than King,
Michael Cole's knowledge of the game is spot on (JR still fucks up way too much for me to take him seriously!).

Hehe yeah, JBL does a great job. Actually mentions stuff like the title history Matt and Helms had last night.

Hell yeah. And throughout the tag match. Michael Cole even started talking about who, and where, Paul London was trained!! Now that is some proper commentating. And not only did JBL make frequent reference to the APA,

but he even spoke about his feuds with Big Show and his time in the Ministry of Darkness!!

It's that neglect of the past by other supposed premier commentators that has made it so much of a joke these days. JR can only see as far as who the crowd are cheering; Austin's his best mate, then he's getting the shit beaten out of him, then he's his best mate again. JBL had the decency to reference that him and the Show have had trouble before when he was defending him and playing the heel!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6699 on: July 25, 2006, 06:01:34 AM »

Source: PWTorch.com

Although anabolic steroids could be an explanation for the string of high liver enzyme tests coming in for the WWE SmackDown! lockerroom, there is reportedly a greater fear that the wrestlers' tests results are due to Hepatitis C.

There is absolutely nothing to confirm that's the case right now, but due to the highly contagious nature of the diseases, it's certainly a concern for the lockerroom.

As of this writing, Super Crazy, Bobby Lashley and The Great Khali had all been pulled from the road due to high liver enzyme counts. Khali was only a hair above the "normal" range, so he could be on his way back soon.

Lashley and Crazy, however, were said to be "off the charts" with their test results, and will undergo further evaluations to diagnose the problem.

Raw was an improvement last night, best bit once again was Foley's promo, he's been really great recently, back to the great promo's of old.  Carlito vs Shelton Benjamin ruled to!
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: