Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 764482 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6640 on: July 22, 2006, 03:15:25 PM »

Er, what the fuck happened with RVD?

Man im so behind its unbelievable...and, Stoned, is that AJ video from the 1PW event i went too?

AJ rules.

Yes AJ does rule and IMO should be WWE No1 target.

RVD and Sabu got pulled over for speeding and had drugs on them so basically RVD got suspended for 30 days so WWE had Big Show beat him (paul heyman screwed him mind you) and then heymen suspended him in the story.

Such a shame they were finally pushing him and he just screws it up. I hope they keep faith in him when he returns

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6641 on: July 22, 2006, 03:28:48 PM »

Er, what the fuck happened with RVD?

Man im so behind its unbelievable...and, Stoned, is that AJ video from the 1PW event i went too?

AJ rules.

Yes AJ does rule and IMO should be WWE No1 target.

RVD and Sabu got pulled over for speeding and had drugs on them so basically RVD got suspended for 30 days so WWE had Big Show beat him (paul heyman screwed him mind you) and then heymen suspended him in the story.

Such a shame they were finally pushing him and he just screws it up. I hope they keep faith in him when he returns

I don't think he's interested in going to WWE. Not after what Batista said anyway.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6642 on: July 22, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »

It would be awesome for AJ Styles to go to WWE, if they used him properly, but they won't, so he's best off where he is....

Still one day i pray we get to see RVD vs AJ Styles
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6643 on: July 22, 2006, 03:35:10 PM »

I don't think he's interested in going to WWE. Not after what Batista said anyway.

He'd never work a program with Dave anyways  Undecided

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6644 on: July 22, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »

Thunder and Smackdown marked the decline of wrestling.

It was perfect when each had one show.

U spread the product too thin when u get greedy.

Story lines got accelerated, matches arent worked properly.

I just finished Stone Cold's autobiography and he outlined perfectly what is wrong with the wrestling industry.

Here is a brief overview of what he said:

1.Promos are scripted now......... He said they need to let guys go back to speaking from the heart so its more believable and doesnt sound so scripted due to bad acting etc. He said its way more believable when a guy is speaking from his heart and not from something he memorized.

2. Let guys be themselves again.

3. Matches need to be called in the ring. SCSA said that matches now are even scripted from start to finish whereas use to, the finish was decided and the wrestlers had to build up to that.

Ever wonder why an HBK or a HHH match are amazing whereas other guys matches suck???

USe to wrestlers worked with the crowd.. if the crowd wasnt behind something, the wrestlers would adapt and change until they got the reaction. Now wrestlers go verbatim by the script regardless if the fans are into it or not.

END OF STONE COLD PART

My Commentary

They have to Go back to listening to the fans.? Imagine what wouldve happened if The Rock never turned heel.. no matter how much he was hated had Vince made him stay a face.. this is essentially John Cena. he is stuck cause Vince doesnt wanna lose the Merchandise sales.

Use to though the crowd MADE wrestlers. If they cheered u and liked u, u got the belt, u were the main event.

What happened though over the last few years? Vince told performers like RVD, Christian,Jericho etc to TONE IT DOWN so they dont burn the crowd out before the main event.

use to these guys would BE THE MAIN EVENT if other guys co uldnt follow them but not anymore.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 05:36:42 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6645 on: July 22, 2006, 05:54:46 PM »

Yeah, Austin has said what most think, but i can't see things changing, Vince doesn't really listen to anyone, he does what he thinks is best, and rather than decreasing shows they are increasing (ECW.....14 PPVs a year....).

The whole not burning the crowd out thing is annoying as hell, but it goes back to what i said earlier that all gimmicks matches now are given to the main eventers, we no longer get IC Title Ladder Matches or Tag Title TLC matches......

As for being themselves, that's dead on, loads of people in the business have said that for years, it makes sense to, being yourself you can put so much more into it.

As for scripted promo's that's why the best ones are by guys like HHH, Foley & HBK who being the top guys that they are get creative freedom to say what they want......

....Too many matches these days follow the same ol' formula, you ever get the feeling you've seen it all before?  I knock TNA, true, but at least with their matches i see fresh things, innovative moves and all......
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6646 on: July 22, 2006, 06:16:44 PM »

I know this is going a bit off-topic, but why are they breaking up the Spirit Squad?? They could at least keep 2 of them together so they still have a tag team?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6647 on: July 22, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »

I know this is going a bit off-topic, but why are they breaking up the Spirit Squad?? They could at least keep 2 of them together so they still have a tag team?

hihi

Aren't they the Tag Team champions?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6648 on: July 22, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »

Off topic...hell it's the wrestling thread.....it's not really off topic, if it's naked fat chick wrestling, as long as it's wrestling it's cool Cheesy

As for the Spirit Squad splitting.  I saw that on a site, but all it said was that it had been decided to split them.  Firstly these things aren't always accurate, but assuming it is, i can't see them attempting to make 5 solo stars, i'd expect at least on tag team to come out of it, i loved them to start with but this D-X /Mcmahon stuff has killed them.......
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6649 on: July 22, 2006, 06:39:20 PM »

I don't think he's interested in going to WWE. Not after what Batista said anyway

If they offered and promised to use him properly. He would go im sure. Money talks and especially in ECW he would become a worldwide star which is what they all want.

Batista is an idiot. I mean Booker T sorted him out for his mouth already. If all AJ has to worry about is what Batista thinks then he wont care.

Still one day i pray we get to see RVD vs AJ Styles

Is there a more in demand match in the world? Maybe Austin vs Hogan but thats probally it.

1.Promos are scripted now......... He said they need to let guys go back to speaking from the heart so its more believable and doesnt sound so scripted due to bad acting etc. He said its way more believable when a guy is speaking from his heart and not from something he memorized.

2. Let guys be themselves again.

Agree

3. Matches need to be called in the ring. SCSA said that matches now are even scripted from start to finish whereas use to, the finish was decided and the wrestlers had to build up to that.

Dont agree. Alot of old ECW matches were planned and some really great stuff came out of it. They should be given the option tho.

They have to Go back to listening to the fans. ?Imagine what wouldve happened if The Rock never turned heel.. no matter how much he was hated had Vince made him stay a face.. this is essentially John Cena. he is stuck cause Vince doesnt wanna lose the Merchandise sales.

Thats true, but at the same time its kinda cool that he is just who he is. I mean thats what Austin was in essence but the crowds cheered when they should of booed and it snowballed. i agree its different the other way around but it would have ended him if this guy had turned heel straight away. You cant have one day a guy who has come from nowhere and overcome advertisy and is brave beyond all means and then the next a bad guy who hasn't overcome advertisy and is now backing down. You have to do it slowly.

Use to though the crowd MADE wrestlers. If they cheered u and liked u, u got the belt, u were the main event.

What happened though over the last few years? Vince told performers like RVD, Christian,Jericho etc to TONE IT DOWN so they dont burn the crowd out before the main event.

use to these guys would BE THE MAIN EVENT if other guys co uldnt follow them but not anymore.

Its ridiculas to tell people to 'BE LESS POPULAR' but its not a new thing. Jimmy Snuka was told that and so was Bret Hart when he 1st started.

I dont think whoever gets cheered the most should get the belt but they have to be respected for that popularity and thats what ECW and TNA did alot better than WWE does.

I mean look at Tommy Dreamer! no way is he a WWE superstar. But he bleed and sweat for ECW. You go to an ECW show and aside from RVD and maybe Taz in his prime they chant Dreamer as loud as anything.

In Christian and Jericho they have lost two of the most charismatic wrestlers in the business. And they suffer for that.

Long gone are the days of true great interviews on the mics like the Rock and Austin and especially Jericho who was Awesome

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #6650 on: July 22, 2006, 07:48:40 PM »

Some great reading here guys.....I can't add anything onto the discussion!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6651 on: July 22, 2006, 08:23:27 PM »

I think WWE knows what to do and they do it ocassionally when they book things properly but at times they get lazy

That's a hatrick for Doull
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6652 on: July 22, 2006, 08:52:36 PM »

Im extremely pissed off with how Rey Mysterio's title run has went and how they are doing Booker T

Booker is suppose to be the world champ but yet he got his ass handed to him by Lashley...... So why isnt Lashley the champ?

Booker got pinned on SNME but yet he is suppose to somehow credibly be the next world champ?

Its shitty booking.

Use to there were cool feuds up and down the card, now its just like WCW before they folded.

Feuds have no rhyme or reason, they have Zero buildup and they end way too soon and are predictable as hell.

Look at Imposter Kane vs Kane.

That had potential but WWE dropped the ball once again leading to some unexplainable ending of it.

Also WWE needs to allow their wrestlers to do moves again. every match is the same cause there are only about 8 moves wrestlers are allowed to do.

Punch punch kick body slam, clothesline, elbow or knee drop, throw into the ropes, duck, shoulder block blah blah blah.

Every match is basically the same.

Evolution
« Reply #6653 on: July 22, 2006, 08:57:26 PM »

I think Kane's storyline isn't done, hence why he's being kept off TV.

I guess the reason Booker is ahead is because he, as a heel, sneakily wan the Battle Royal. It doesn't matter that he lost to Lashley, he got the win where a title match was up for grabs.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6654 on: July 22, 2006, 09:06:50 PM »

Also WWE needs to allow their wrestlers to do moves again. every match is the same cause there are only about 8 moves wrestlers are allowed to do.

Punch punch kick body slam, clothesline, elbow or knee drop, throw into the ropes, duck, shoulder block blah blah blah.

Yeah, seriously. What does it say about the developmental territories? The banning of moves and certain styles will only lead to more incompitent wrerstlers down the road. A WRESTLER can't execute a good piledriver anymore?!?

D, soon enough you'll have wrestlers that will just not know how to execute a good move that you want to see.

I recently saw an older match, maybe Starrcade, something, where Ric Flair defended against Hawk. Damn, great long match. Graet story, everything. It really got you into it. It was like part of the match storyline was Hawk seeing if he can toss Flair around enough with a few bodypresses to gain the strap or Flair using some nasty piledrivers to break Hawk's head and retain.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6655 on: July 22, 2006, 09:11:27 PM »

There is absolutely no psychology in matches anymore.

It would be like basically not watching any part of a movie but the climax.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6656 on: July 22, 2006, 09:16:05 PM »

That's funny, because I do exactly that!

I'm telling you, Usual Suspects made absoloutely no sense to me whatsoever.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #6657 on: July 22, 2006, 10:43:49 PM »

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Within TNA, the belief is that Impact will expand to two hours "sooner than you think." Spike officials, when contacted, denied that there was anything in the works aside from a potential two-hour special.

If TNA can maintain its ratings the next few weeks without the UFC lead-in, that would be a major feather in their cap because it would show that they could run on a night without UFC. If TNA goes two hours, it would have to be on a new night because Spike can't break up the synergy between Ultimate Fighter and Unleashed.

At this point, there are no plans in place, but it is something being talked about. Though, if it does happen, it would occur a few months from now at the earliest.

Now that is awesome news if it does happen.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6658 on: July 23, 2006, 11:51:59 AM »

We having Predictions for GAB tonight?

I'll go with:

King Booker
Batista
Undertaker
Finlay
Kendrick & London

That's a hatrick for Doull
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6659 on: July 23, 2006, 12:17:40 PM »

Every match is basically the same.

Your right. Also they have to let lower card wrestlers do the moves that got them signed in the 1st place.

RVD - Originally had 3 finishers 5*Frogsplash / Van Daminator / Van Terminator

Now he only really gets to do the 5*Frogsplash. And just when you think that the other two will finally be allowed in ECW they make it so ECW doesn't have ECW rules.

Same for Helms with the vertibreaker and CM punk with the pepsi plunge . . coz it makes HHH pedigree look stupidly rubbish in comparison.

They try to control too much

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: