Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:02:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 765467 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6600 on: July 22, 2006, 07:14:18 AM »

Thay're losing so many wrestlers at the moment! How many matches are left in the GAB are left that haven't had to be changed due to the loss of a wrestler? The 3 main matches at that event have all changed now assuming the Khali thing is true.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6601 on: July 22, 2006, 07:16:20 AM »

^ King Booker vs Rey Mysterio (The Main Event for the World Title...) hasn't been changed...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6602 on: July 22, 2006, 07:25:13 AM »

I wonder who Undertaker will attempt to murder this year? He's 2-0 at the Bash.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6603 on: July 22, 2006, 07:29:15 AM »

Well when something needs getting rid off they use him to kill it off, so maybe he'll kill Smackdown itself Grin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6604 on: July 22, 2006, 07:31:52 AM »

Well when something needs getting rid off they use him to kill it off, so maybe he'll kill Smackdown itself Grin

By the looks of it, he's already started.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6605 on: July 22, 2006, 07:48:12 AM »

^ King Booker vs Rey Mysterio (The Main Event for the World Title...) hasn't been changed...

Embarrassed Totally forgot that, I half had it in my head that the Batista match was the main event for some reason. 

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6606 on: July 22, 2006, 08:02:14 AM »

Smackdown - 2006

Orlando Jordan released, Palmer Cannon quit, Joey Mercury sent to rehab, Johnny Nitro & Melina sent to RAW, Nunzio & Kurt Angle jumped to ECW, Batista has only just returned, Mark Henry out for 8 months, Paul Burchill out injured and awaiting a new gimmick, Chris Benoit has taken an indefinate sabbatical, Lashley has failed a drug test, Khali is rumoured to have liver disease, JBL got injured out for at least 3 months maybe for good, Boogeyman got injured has been out for months, Chavo Guerrero is 'retired', Juventud Guerrera was fired, The Dicks were released, Heidenreich was released, The Road Warrior was released, Randy Orton was suspended and then when he returned it just so happened his Smackdown contract had 'Expired' and he'd left to go to RAW.

What a year, and we're only half-way through........
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6607 on: July 22, 2006, 08:14:49 AM »

^It could be worse...... well, OK, it couldn't. I didn't realise so much had happened on SD this year. I thought Burchill's gimmick was getting over with people.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6608 on: July 22, 2006, 08:19:39 AM »

^It could be worse...... well, OK, it couldn't. I didn't realise so much had happened on SD this year. I thought Burchill's gimmick was getting over with people.
Smackdown not being live means there is a lot of tampering.

Fake cheers piped in throw the speakers and all....

...I mean do you really think people are cheering when Tatanka comes out? Tongue

Edit: On an additional note, i think, for once WWE should be praised.  We always give 'em a hard time, the products stale, they're killing ECW, Vince is Evil blah blah blah but they have stuck by this drug policy which at the end of the day is affecting them, they are losing talent, but by sticking to it they are helping these guys health wise and i think they shoudl be praised for what they are doing.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 08:41:22 AM by Stoned » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6609 on: July 22, 2006, 09:39:18 AM »

not sure if this has been discussed or not but i'm not going through 331 pages.

Just wanna make the point that RVD is fucking awesome but is such an idiot . . . just when finally they are ready to give him the push he has deserved all his life he goes and fucks it up. Its no secret that he likes the green stuff but c'mon man i have waited years to see you get yourself into this position. I just hope that when he returns they show the faithin him they had before.

Now my main point is this:

Who right now is the most entertaining wrestler on the planet?

I've been an ECW and WWE fan from as long as i can remember but right now AJ Styles of TNA has to be the one and anyone that doubts it check this out.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEtQqVFApbo

We all know people like Angle are awesome and HHH is a fucking legend. But they dont do it often enough to get people on the edge of their seats.

IMO opinion Edge and RVD are carrying the ECW/WWE as far as what the fans want to see. Bringing DX back was poor IMO HBK is past it and who cares how many ways they can make the Spirit Squad look stupid. And they are trying to re hash Austin vs Mcmahons with DX and thats just boring after a while.

ECW should just be put in charge of Paul Heyman and let him go and get some of the talent from TNA and make it the best organisation in the world again. Vince should keep his nose out.

RVD
CM PUNK
AJ Styles
Rhino
Raven
Samoan Joe
Christian
Sabu
Kid Kash
Christopher Daniels

Now thats a roster for ECW. This has potential to be Awesome. Please dont fuck it up.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6610 on: July 22, 2006, 10:21:28 AM »

ECW should just be put in charge of Paul Heyman

The WWE wouldn't let something like that happen.

Evolution
« Reply #6611 on: July 22, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »

The Great American Bash is fucked. Now Lashley is gone! Smackdown is so screwed. ECW should take it over.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6612 on: July 22, 2006, 10:58:28 AM »

God Damn Do I have bad luck or what?

Last year it was Batista.

This year I have now lost:

Chris Benoit
Beth Phoenix
and now Lashley?Huh

FUCK~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie has been dead awhile now so cut it with this drug bullshit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6613 on: July 22, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »

^ Dude they're doing it for the wrestlers own good ffs.

Here's the pwinsider.com take on the Khali situation.....

It's very possible that The Big Show will be added to the Undertaker-Great Khali Punjabi prison match at tomorrow's Great American Bash PPV. The word I received is that Khali has some sort of health issue that caused the company to either add Show to the match or replace Khali altogether (there are a few stories going around). In any event, this development was at least part of the reason that WWE canceled ECW shows this weekend. With Lashley being out of action with his liver issue, it seems as if this card is changing on a daily basis.

So it could be a 3-Way or a 2-on-1. Undecided

As for AJ Styles being the most entertaining dude in wrestling......

Yeah Baby!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:03:23 AM by Stoned » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6614 on: July 22, 2006, 11:08:49 AM »

^What the fuck is he doing??

But I don't think the WWE should stop the drug thing just because Eddie died last November.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6615 on: July 22, 2006, 11:11:48 AM »

But I don't think the WWE should stop the drug thing just because Eddie died last November.
True.

1) It saves lives and helps wrestlers live longer

2) It gets rid of the roided up guys who can barely work and leaves the fantastic workers who aren't 'Big'.
Evolution
« Reply #6616 on: July 22, 2006, 11:13:49 AM »

At this rate Kendrick will be U.S Title Contendership status by October!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6617 on: July 22, 2006, 11:21:21 AM »

At this rate Kendrick will be U.S Title Contendership status by October!
If Parisi had been on the Smackdown Brand instead of Raw he could of been World Champ Goddamit!

On a brand with this many problems and absences why would you have....

Chavo 'Retired'
Sylvan just preaching about Quebec
The Miz hosting the Diva bollocks

All 3 could be wrestling ffs!

Edit:

PWInsider has confirmed that ECW champion The Big Show will replace The Great Khali in the main event of tomorrow's Great American Bash PPV in the Punjabi Prison match. Khali is not suspended but has been pulled from the ring due to a medical issue.

The ECW shows this weekend in Michigan were canceled to provide WWE with Show in the main event and also bring others to the PPV in case they were needed as well.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:30:23 AM by Stoned » Logged
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6618 on: July 22, 2006, 12:20:24 PM »

Holy hell Smackdown just can't win.  I really think they should combine the damn brands again because they're not going to do anything to help Smackdown out.  What's the point of even having the show any more?  Just combine the brands so that at least new feuds can be started for the rest of the year.  I'm so fucking sick of seeing John Cena vs. Edge that I've actually lost interest in Edge now.  There's only so much you can take.  Those two have the most boring feud going that I've ever seen.  That way if they're gonna push Rey at least put him in the IC title run to throw down a few good matches with that crew.  Shit there's honestly no point in having Smackdown around.  It went from the B show to the C show now.  The talent on there is getting screwed and so are the people that watch it.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Evolution
« Reply #6619 on: July 22, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »

D show, we still get Heat remember?
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: