Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 766448 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6560 on: July 20, 2006, 02:17:43 PM »

Do you post at WrestleCrap?

What's WrestleCrap?? I like the sound of it already.

hihi rofl I LOVE THIS THREAD!! hihi rofl

It's great dude, we all sort of share the same ideas about hating what's out there, but it's like we have to accept it and goddarnit this thread pulls us together!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6561 on: July 20, 2006, 03:23:32 PM »

Do you post at WrestleCrap?

I don't currently. I applied for an account on Monday I think, but hasn't been approved

You probably aren't worthy enough. You're gonna have to stick to this thread Cool

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #6562 on: July 20, 2006, 03:56:12 PM »

Looks like it dirt.  Cheesy

I got a question for you all, that would get it's own thread on Wrestlecrap!

Favourite quality match that no-one mentions?

I nominate Edge Vs Owen Hart from Breakdown IYH September 98.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6563 on: July 20, 2006, 03:59:01 PM »

I nominate Ric Flair vs Ron Garvin(Starrcade 87) smoking peace

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6564 on: July 20, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »

Shawn Michaels v.s. Jeff Jarrett at an In Your House, I forget which one.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6565 on: July 20, 2006, 04:12:47 PM »

I have an idea for the WWE(although you guys might think its crazy).

With all this Middle East shit happening, and Iran being in the news on an almost daily basis, Mcmahon could capitalize on this. Bring back the Iron Sheik!! They could mimic the way he won his first(and only) world title by having the champion get robbed of the title. It would spark a little controversy for fans, and could help change the dynamic of it a little bit by having some legend no one has heard about in years being the world champion. Make it a pretty brief title reign of course.

Evolution
« Reply #6566 on: July 20, 2006, 04:18:09 PM »

Hmm, could attract much adverse publicity to WWE. That said it would be a huge surprise and suck in many 80's fans. In the short term it might actually make WWE some money!

I want WWE to get back D'Lo Brown. Why the hell isn't he under contract.
Evolution
« Reply #6567 on: July 20, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faeHuo1fmtI&search=WWE

Check out that video. Guys like Hulk Hogan and Ted DiBiase will be like what Buddy Rodgers and Sammartino are to me!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6568 on: July 20, 2006, 05:30:24 PM »

Best match you never hear about anymore is Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart at WM 10. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6569 on: July 20, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »

Best match you never hear about anymore is Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart at WM 10.?

That's probably 'cause their cage match at Summerslam is more highly regarded.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6570 on: July 20, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »

I have an idea for the WWE(although you guys might think its crazy).

With all this Middle East shit happening, and Iran being in the news on an almost daily basis, Mcmahon could capitalize on this. Bring back the Iron Sheik!! They could mimic the way he won his first(and only) world title by having the champion get robbed of the title. It would spark a little controversy for fans, and could help change the dynamic of it a little bit by having some legend no one has heard about in years being the world champion. Make it a pretty brief title reign of course.
Dude even a brief title reign would be laughable....he is waaaaay too old and past it he makes Flair look young and healthy, i mean hell, 5 years ago he was in the 'gimmick' battle royal designed for old guys and people with dodgy gimmicks (although he did win Cheesy)

The reason i prefer this thread to wrestlecrap is there is just about the right number of us, i hate over crowding, we can have a discussion here without things getting lost with minutes.....

Best match people never mention.

Mmmmmm....

Hard to say, it's kinda like saying which is the most underated GN'R track.....Estranged is easy to say since in the 'wider' community it does not get the acknowledgment that Nov. Rain & Sweet Child do.....but with the die-hard fans it's a different story....

What comes to mind for me really are the Marty Jannetty vs Shawn Michaels matches from '93, the Royal Rumble match and Raw battles, hell none of their stuff even made it onto the HBK DVD which was a real disappointment for me they had great chemistry together....whether against each other or alongside each other.

And if we are talking real rarity stuff, i would say Jerry Lynn vs Justin Credible from an episode of Metal in 2001.  I was so impressed, they worked a fantastic match with a fake injury angle and all, it told a great story (as all matches should...) and it was weird, normally these matches are short and crap but i remember being extremely impressed by this, it was as if the writing crew and backstage people had just said go out there and do whatever you want.....

....it never led to a storyline but it was the one and only time in his WWE stint Jerry Lynn got to show why he was signed and how when given the chance he is a fantastic talent, i still say he's in the top 5 workers around, the fact that TNA don't even use him now is just criminal.....
Evolution
« Reply #6571 on: July 20, 2006, 07:32:42 PM »

True. Check the main section on Wrestlecrap 4 hours apart and the entire page has new threads.

That's quite a rare match. I remember seeing Taka Michinoku vs Christopher Daniels on Shotgun from late '98 , really good clash. Also Essa Rios vs Low-Ki from 2001 on Metal was good.

Triple H vs Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2000 is never talked about either.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6572 on: July 20, 2006, 07:46:20 PM »

Looks like it dirt.? Cheesy

I got a question for you all, that would get it's own thread on Wrestlecrap!

Favourite quality match that no-one mentions?

I nominate Edge Vs Owen Hart from Breakdown IYH September 98.

Ok, just checking. There's posters there who do that Mr. Kennedy deal you did.......I'm there, I'm Rocker, look me up if ya feel like it.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Evolution
« Reply #6573 on: July 20, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

There are posters everywhere who do that! I found some guy on the offical forum for this year's Download festival doing it.

I'll look you up if those guys ever approve me to post!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #6574 on: July 20, 2006, 08:02:40 PM »

I know a real underated match that comes to mind, although it's quite recent...Shawn Michaels vs Shelton Benjamin back in that Gold Rush Tournemant on Raw. That was a brilliant match from the get-go and brought out the best in 41 year old HBK (then 40) and young "bluechipper" Benjamin. Im bringing this up because people only gave credit to the end of the match (where Benjamin came off the ropes and HBK Sweet Chin Music'ed him in mid-air which can be seen at the start of the Raw video) although that was incrediblly cool and something that hasn't been done before and worked soo well. On the other hand it was a physically intense match that the crowd (and myself) was into from the beginning and probably was Shelton's best match of his whole career. Im sure both guys got  a standng ovation when they got back to their lockerooms.

What are you guys thoughts on that match?

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6575 on: July 20, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »

Fantastic match.  It was easily the best tv match of the year and one of the best matches of the year, it was of top ppv quality.  These 2 should of had a proper feud, Shelton is real unlucky, his pushes never last because he doesn't have the personality/mic skills required, he needs a manager......

.....Bring back Slick Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #6576 on: July 20, 2006, 08:21:28 PM »

I remember just thinking how blown away I was with the match. Quality stuff.

Get Teddy Long to be his manager minus the racist Mack stuff. Imagine him being Don King to Benjamin's character.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6577 on: July 20, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »

Fantastic match.? It was easily the best tv match of the year and one of the best matches of the year, it was of top ppv quality.? These 2 should of had a proper feud, Shelton is real unlucky, his pushes never last because he doesn't have the personality/mic skills required, he needs a manager......

.....Bring back Slick Cheesy

"You're a jive soul bro, a jive soul bro and you always lie to your friends.......you're a jive soul bro, a jive soul bro and you never get nothing in the end"
!!! ?rofl

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6578 on: July 20, 2006, 08:25:40 PM »

Teddy Long ain't that good. no

Out of current people Armando El..blah..whatever he's called rules.

His talents are wasted on Umaga, he's the kind of manager who should have been used to get Benjamin over yes

"You're a jive soul bro, a jive soul bro and you always lie to your friends.......you're a jive soul bro, a jive soul bro and you never get nothing in the end"
!!!  rofl
Classic, they don't make themes like they used to.....

Evolution
« Reply #6579 on: July 20, 2006, 08:28:03 PM »

I'm a Teddy fan!

AAE is classic though. He's gonna get great pops if he ever screws Umaga.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: