Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827659 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5780 on: May 21, 2006, 04:20:09 PM »

Does he retain?
In fact he must do, im watching him defend the belt next week at 1PW. And they have had him slanted as the champion for months. And him defending the belt on the card for months.

Evolution
« Reply #5781 on: May 21, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »

Damn spoilers!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5782 on: May 21, 2006, 06:42:19 PM »

Fuck it. I booked it.
Evolution
« Reply #5783 on: May 21, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

Judgment Day?
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5784 on: May 21, 2006, 07:55:37 PM »

Yeah! For some reason i feel im going to regret it.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5785 on: May 21, 2006, 08:18:47 PM »

What's say we get a little Judgment Day predictions underway?

World Heavyweight Championship
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. JBL

The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali

Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry

King of the Ring Finals
Booker T vs. Bobby Lashley

Chris Benoit vs. Finlay

Tag Team Championship
MNM (c) vs. Paul London and Brian Kendrick

Cruiserweight Championship

Gregory Helms (c) vs. Super Crazy

Melina vs. Jillian Hall

JBL non title winning it.
Undertaker
Angle
Lashey, his push starts now
Benoit
Kendrick/London
Super Crazy
Jillian (DQ)

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Evolution
« Reply #5786 on: May 22, 2006, 12:16:22 AM »

I only got 4/8 right.

That whole MNM thing came out of nowhere! Other odd things were the losses of The Undertaker and Kurt Angle  Undecided
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5787 on: May 22, 2006, 05:00:18 AM »

I only got 4/8 right.

That whole MNM thing came out of nowhere! Other odd things were the losses of The Undertaker and Kurt Angle? Undecided

The MNM thing was a shock, I guess they're not firing Khali  Undecided maybe the end for 'Taker? And why have Angle lose? I don't see the point

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5788 on: May 22, 2006, 06:33:16 AM »

Judgment Day Review

MNM vs Kendrick/London - This was fast paced and entertaining (as expected...) with plenty of near falls and a GREAT way to open the show.  It was a really enjoyable match and i was happy to see new champions, one's with talent and plenty of potential.  The aftermath was a shocker and not a good one.  Splitting up MNM is bullshit.  I'll be the first to admit both guys have lots of 'singles' potential but these things take time.  They should of been together as a team for years, having face and heel runs and great feuds, they'd had one great year and to break 'em up is just plain stupid.  It seems the firing of Nitro & Melina is so they can go to RAW (They're a couple in 'real life'...).  Nitro has improved a lot in the ring, i put that down to him being teamed with Mercury who is fantastic, a real solid wrestler and on the mic.  I see Nitro as a young Shawn Michaels with the primma donna, cocky attitude and with Melina as his Sensational Sherri.  I think what would work well for Mercury is if he, as a face, talks about the bullshit of MNM and the names they had and says he's reverting back to his real name, Joey Matthews (Which he had in ECW...), because he has a lot if singles potential to but i think it could be utilised really well in ECW rather than on Smackdown.

Chris Benoit vs Finlay - This was their most hard hitting encounter yet, it was given plenty of time and i can't wait to see these guys mix it up again in the ring, stuff like this really makes WWE a pleasure to watch and highlights why, at it's best, Smackdown really is a WRESTLING fans show.

Melina vs Jillian - This was ok, didn't do much for me, i liked the aftermath though, really great seeing psycho Melina, having her on RAW is great because it means the Women's Division has a lot of potential now.  Trish Stratus who is hot and can wrestle, as is Victoria, Mickie James & now Melina....4 Women on RAW who are hot and can wrestle Shocked

Gregory Helms vs Super Crazy - A solid encounter, the crowd were really behind Super Crazy, it's a shame this match had been given no build up because with a bit of heat behind it it would of been better, as good as these matches are, unless you care you can't help but feel they're just going through the usual motions and not pulling out anything special, this division is all about 'solid matches' but it needs something to ignite it and make them outstanding matches and feuds.....

Kurt Angle vs Mark Henry - This was by far the best match these 2 have had yet and it was really well booked.  It was hard hitting and both men made you believe they really did hate each other, the finish helped both men.  Henry winning continue's to push him as a monster (They've done a great job of making him look like a main eventer...) and Angle's post match beat down helped 'Protect' him to.  Anyone else think that the Angle Slam was meant to put Henry through the table and that the steel chair shot was a good (and brutal) bit of improv?....

Booker T vs Lashley - This show kept getting more entertaining, these 2 gelled really well and i like how they are building up Lashley slowly rather than rushing.  Having Booker T win is probably another wise booking decision.  It gives a reason for the feud to continue, the Finlay interference 'Protected' Lashley as did his after match revenge (Spearing Booker T into his throne...) anyway and we all know the King & Queen, Booker T & Sharmell promo's will be hilarous...

The Great Khali vs Undertaker - This is where the fun stopped.  This was dull, boring and bullshit.  Khali is obviously gonna be around for a bit.  All credit to Michael Cole for selling Khali's lame offense; 'Oh My God it's the Chop, It's that devastating Chop''Taker has been nailed with Sweet Chin Music, Tombstones, Stunners, Rock Bottoms, Steel Chairs, Put Through Tables, Attacked by Several Wrestlers at once....

.....and still kicked out.

Khali kicked him a bit and chopped him a bit and won Roll Eyes

What's that smell....

....oh yes, bullshit!

JBL vs Rey Mysterio - I was really happy with this match.  JBL kicked the shit out of Mysterio, bloodied him, beat him down, but Mysterio came through and won giving a bit of worth back to his belt, the match was great thanks to Mysterio's selling.

Overall i thought this was an extremely good show, one of those that wasn't built up much but the matches were all good aside from the obvious dud (Khali vs 'Taker), oh and i'm pissed they split up MNM....

...oh well.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5789 on: May 22, 2006, 08:19:23 AM »

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=150274370

Melina & Nitro Suspended By WWE
Date Added: May 22, 2006
Story By: Steve Carrier
Several days ago it was noted that Johnny Nitro of MNM had been receiving heat backstage. Those backstage felt that he had grown distant with everyone in the SmackDown! locker room since dating Melina. He was always seen with her, and she was even taken to the wrestler's court where the Undertaker was the judge before a recent SmackDown! taping. Joey Mercury had actually been trying to distance himself from the duo so that he didn't receive the same 'heat treatment' from his peers.

Melina was also involved in a backstage fight with Sharmell several weeks ago where JBL came in to break things up. She had also had a previous relationship with Batista.

The early indication is that the angle that was shot at Judgment Day last night where both Melina and Nitro were 'fired' is more of a real life suspension for the two. Melina also lost a quick match to Jillian Hall at the PPV. WWE officials are not happy with their current attitudes as of late.

It doesn't pay to make enemies in the locker-room and there is no word on when or if the duo will be brought back.

Oh Fuck.... Shocked Sad Sad
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:20:58 AM by Stoned » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5790 on: May 22, 2006, 08:57:23 AM »

He was always seen with her, and she was even taken to the wrestler's court where the Undertaker was the judge before a recent SmackDown! taping.

You what?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5791 on: May 22, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »

Sounds like what was looking like a big steaming pile of shit turned out to be a quite above average show, shame you didn't catch it all hey arron?

'The wrestlers court' is (apparently) where anybody who is bringing 'disharmony' to the locker room area is taken to be 'judged' by the locker room leaders, led by the undertaker.

As Arron has stated he and myself shall be heading off to doncaster this weekend for 1pw's Know Your Enemy weekend, 2 nights of (on paper) shit hot wrestling featuring AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Christian Cage, The Impact Players (oh yes!), Abyss, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Al Snow, Blue Meanie, Steve Corino, Homicide, Colt Cabana and a host of british talent plus the NOAH GHC tag team champions! Anyone else going? I can't fucking wait.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5792 on: May 22, 2006, 12:43:34 PM »

As Arron has stated he and myself shall be heading off to doncaster this weekend for 1pw's Know Your Enemy weekend, 2 nights of (on paper) shit hot wrestling featuring AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Christian Cage, The Impact Players (oh yes!), Abyss, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Al Snow, Blue Meanie, Steve Corino, Homicide, Colt Cabana and a host of british talent plus the NOAH GHC tag team champions! Anyone else going? I can't fucking wait.
Did Arron get stoned and go off to bed without watching Judgment Day?

That list of wrestlers sound awesome, i wish i was going, Al Snow....Get In!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5793 on: May 22, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »

I would imagine so, I was working overnight and he was supposed to be keeping me posted, but the texts stopped at melina and nitro getting fired, money well spent hey hoggy!

Yes the cards for both nights are phenomenal, samoa joe has unfortunately pulled out through injury but it should still rock, oh and night one we are front row ringside baby!!!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5794 on: May 22, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

Yes the cards for both nights are phenomenal, samoa joe has unfortunately pulled out through injury but it should still rock, oh and night one we are front row ringside baby!!!
You lucky bastards, front row, i haven't been to see live wrestling in like 10 years....

....back then it was fantastic 'old school' british wrestling with Rob Brookside (He's a scouse veteran and once wrestled a RAW dark match Cheesy) & Giant Haystacks.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5795 on: May 22, 2006, 01:39:31 PM »

Funny you should say that, the only other live wrestling I have ever seen is the Raw where Brookside wrestled that match!

1PW has been getting some brilliant praise for their past few shows so I thought bugger it, hoggy will come. And now I know the line up and cards (which include a 2 night tag tourney with JOB Squad/Impact Players/Southern Comfort/Rottweilers/AJ and Daniels/Generation Next/Homicide and Burridge) I'm totally pumped!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5796 on: May 22, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »

^ Well next time there is some live wrestling near where i love on plan on getting tickets, i either leave it to late or just don't have the money when live events come around.....
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5797 on: May 22, 2006, 01:45:07 PM »

It's not cheap and i couldn't do it everytime, especially as i've just whacked 400 big ones down on a playstation 3, but I think it'll be worth it, I brought expensive front row for night 1 and cheaper tickets for night 2. Fortunately Arron is a bit closer to Doncaster than I am.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5798 on: May 22, 2006, 01:50:52 PM »

It's not cheap and i couldn't do it everytime, especially as i've just whacked 400 big ones down on a playstation 3, but I think it'll be worth it, I brought expensive front row for night 1 and cheaper tickets for night 2. Fortunately Arron is a bit closer to Doncaster than I am.
Ohhh PS3....When's that out?

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 looks awesome for it....

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5799 on: May 22, 2006, 01:57:14 PM »

Doesn't it just!

Friday November 17th

Gamestation are the only place taking pre-orders at the moment.
If you want one before christmas then get your order in sharpish, but be warned they are not cheap.

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: