Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:31:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851455 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #560 on: January 27, 2004, 05:14:40 PM »

Not at all, Eddie has worked his butt off for the last year and fully deserves a good push and his matches against lesnar and probably angle at the next two ppvs is well deserved. He is well over, and is probably the best wrestler on either roster at the moment.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #561 on: January 27, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »

Guerro? In a title match? If i watched smackdown or cared about what happened on smackdown i would be really bemused by that, i think guerro is great...but for the title? Hardcore Holly last time..now Eddie Guerro, it will be Lita's turn for a title shot next.... hihi

That really does show how little you watch Smackdown. Eddie Guerrero is a great talent. He isn't the mid card medicore wrestler he was when he came in with the Radicalz.  I would love to see him run with the title, he like Benoit is a small man in wrestling terms, but he has one advantage over Benoit he is great on the mic.  Unless Eddie is held back he is destined for the title one day.  Eddie and John Cena are the 2 most over guys on Smackdown and maybe if John Cena was as good in the ring as he is on the mic he'd have the title by now.

A little more on the cruiserweight battle royal you mentioned Big Ploppa Dump:

WWE is planning to have a ten man cruiserweight Battle Royal at WrestleMania XX. The plan is to have the Battle Royal be a pin-fall one and not over the top, so that the cruiserweights aren't confined.

The participants would include Rey Mysterio, Tajiri, Chavo Guerrero, Nunzio, Kidman, Akio, Jamie Noble, and three others.

One rumor has Dean Malenko coming out of retirement for one night only to participate in the match. Of course, that is just a rumor at this point.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #562 on: January 27, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »

eddie guerrero would make an excellent world champion, everyone keeps lookin for the next shawn micheals in a  different way eddie is that, he's awesome on the mic, he can make anyone look like a million dollars, he could probably make a matchwith the atrain look like micheals vs hhh

did anyone seen mick foley on raw last night?

this is whats missing from wrestling

mick was so fuckin intense and real, i really thought he hated randy orton, i mean he was so convincing when he busted himself open, holy fuckin shit, now that is how wrestling use to be

now when people cut promos they have no real anger or emotion they seem staged and fake, but mick u really thought he wanted to hurt orton and orton sold that promo so well

when mick busted himself open orton looked like he was bout to piss himself, that was the greatest thing ive seen on raw in 5 years or so, it was really that awesome

i felt the adrenaline kick thru my body and i was so into that, holy fuck!!!!

everyone wrestler should see that and try to sell themselves how foley did, fuckin amazing!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #563 on: January 28, 2004, 09:47:18 AM »

eddie guerrero would make an excellent world champion, everyone keeps lookin for the next shawn micheals in a  different way eddie is that, he's awesome on the mic, he can make anyone look like a million dollars, he could probably make a matchwith the atrain look like micheals vs hhh

did anyone seen mick foley on raw last night?

this is whats missing from wrestling

mick was so fuckin intense and real, i really thought he hated randy orton, i mean he was so convincing when he busted himself open, holy fuckin shit, now that is how wrestling use to be

now when people cut promos they have no real anger or emotion they seem staged and fake, but mick u really thought he wanted to hurt orton and orton sold that promo so well

when mick busted himself open orton looked like he was bout to piss himself, that was the greatest thing ive seen on raw in 5 years or so, it was really that awesome

i felt the adrenaline kick thru my body and i was so into that, holy fuck!!!!

everyone wrestler should see that and try to sell themselves how foley did, fuckin amazing!

Ditto.

Foley can really build a feud up.

Watch any of his promos in ECW and you'll see what I mean.

I know somebody they should bring back, but people my age wouldn't know who he is, is Magnum T.A., his cage match with Tully Blanchard was f*cking hardcore and he is a pretty good speaker (and very intense) and I would think he would make a very good enforcer (Someone who keeps order during big matches) in the WWE.

P.S. He is the guy sticking the fork into Abdullah the Butcher's forehead in my picture.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 09:49:41 AM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #564 on: January 28, 2004, 10:32:15 AM »

magnum is unable to wrestle though do to a horrible car accident

i remember vividly when that happened , that sucked so hard, magnum was fuckin awesome! i am old enough to have seen him wrestle and wow that man had it!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #565 on: January 28, 2004, 04:16:59 PM »

Yes, all that about foley is true, i also think that triple h is quite good at intensifing his promos (as he did wiv michaels). The couple of times that Goldberg has addressed Lesnar at the rumble and raw have been good aswell.
I think, gentlemen that no matter how shit wrestling has been recently and how shit it may be in the future the next 50 days are gonna be something else, they have already been hyping mania for months and the fact that they are starting the main feuds now means that when we actually get there itll be mouth watering. They have started 4 big time feuds in the last week faultlessly, Kane/Taker, Lesnar/Angle, Benoit/HHH and Foley/Orton. Also think that eddie, kurt, cena, jericho, rvd, rock and hbk havent been mentioned yet, bring it on.

On a side note I have never had the pleasure of seeing Magnum T.A. in action but here he was quite impressive.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2004, 04:18:26 PM »

Back onto Eddie Guerrero...i used to hate him.

I thought he was gonna go down the same route as X-pac, you know the guy who had the same gimmic for 25 million years.

The fans get bored, X-pac gets booed to hell. Not because hes a good heel but because everyone genuinely hates him.

Guerrero though pulled himself out of the mullet wearing days, got his Ass a good gimmick and pulled it off!

And his Mic work...jesus hes good....going from English to Mexican or whatever it is with so much intensity, its really cool and i like it.

Well Done Eddie Guerrero!

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #567 on: January 28, 2004, 04:20:31 PM »

Also think that eddie, kurt, cena, jericho, rvd, rock and hbk havent been mentioned yet, bring it on.

Er....Christian?!?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2004, 04:22:45 PM »

Remember the invasion Pay Per View when all the WWE stars were meant to be faces and X-Pac STILL got booed out of the building!!

I suppose it's not entirely unfeasible that Eddie will beat Brock (by interference from Goldberg) and face Angle at mania for for the belt. Which would then make the lesnar/Bill match a non title match and far more unpredictable.

You see this is the thing with Christian, as good as he has got he still doesn't spring to mind when I think of the big guns. But I spose I'll include him because I forgot Booker aswell.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 04:26:39 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #569 on: January 28, 2004, 04:38:54 PM »

Thank You...

Hes one of the best on the Mic and hes bulking up quite a lot...i agree, he may not be main stay main event material but damn hes worked hard since his split with Edge.

I think he may well be a bit like Jericho, give him 3-4 years(if WWE is still going and he doesnt bulk up like Steiner) he will have his shot.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #570 on: January 28, 2004, 04:49:19 PM »

A few people who are gonna get screwed over at Wrestlemania XX, Booker T and Rob Van Dam.  Last year they put RVD on Heat for ffs.  Fact is they have both peaked they have both reached the most popular they will be and are now on the donward spiral.  They were prevented from capitalising on their popularity due to HHH not wanting to put them over.  Last year at Mania he was originally scheduled to defeat HHH for the title but the finish was changed.  Both Booker T & RVD will not get beyond intercontinental level now, and their place on the Mania card will be low or none existent.

As for Benoit & Jericho these 2 seem to have been granted a second chance but any screw ups and there careers could be fucked.  Difference is these 2 have their in ring skills to rely on i find RVD & especially Booker T bland in the ring they've been doing the same thing for too long they are stale.

HBK is ok here is going to be RAW's top babyface
HHH is fine he is in with the bosses daughter
Cena is fine he is way over
Angle has the in ring skills of Benoit but also has mic skills to so he is ok
Big Show is 7ft so Vince will love him forever if your big your great
Christian i can see having a promising future, never world camp, but he'll still go far he still feels fresh to me he keeps getting more and more heelish all the time
Matt Hardy is another guy with a great gimmick who has helped put Goldberg over and is in favour with the booking team so a good push and title run of some sort can be expected i think

And just on a side note my prediction for next firing/change of gimmick is Rosey how long can they plug this shit?
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #571 on: January 28, 2004, 04:57:54 PM »

Or they could sack Rosey like they did Jamal and let a new OVW wrestler with potential come in and make a go of things.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #572 on: January 28, 2004, 05:46:50 PM »

Or they could sack Rosey like they did Jamal and let a new OVW wrestler with potential come in and make a go of things.

Don't be silly.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2004, 11:55:05 PM »

heyguys here is a fantasy wrestling league that kicks ass, create your own wrestler, cut your own promo's do your angles etc, its cool

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/gwaversion2/index.html

my friend runs the site its one of the best efeds on the net

i love christian he has really pulled himself together he is a great wrestler , he is entertaining as hell, and is great on the mic!

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #574 on: January 29, 2004, 10:20:23 AM »

D<

Just signed up for that Wrestling league under the alias of Cross Breed?

Can u briefly explain how it works?

Although the rule book is handy im not sure how to start?

The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2004, 05:46:54 PM »

magnum is unable to wrestle though do to a horrible car accident

i remember vividly when that happened , that sucked so hard, magnum was fuckin awesome! i am old enough to have seen him wrestle and wow that man had it!

I know, but what I'm saying is they should bring him back as an inforcer who keeps justice and stands up for the fans in the storylines

That would kick ass. I believe he can still walk, he is just not in a wrestling capacity.

An update on Kayfabememories.com (An old school territories site that kicks all kinds of ass) says [

On Sat. Jan. 31st and Sun. Feb. 1st, in Charlotte, N.C., there will be a large gathering of Mid-Atlantic stars. Some of the names already confirmed are Arn Anderson, Masked Superstar, Magnum T.A., Jim Cornette, Ole Anderson, J.J. Dillon, Ricky Steamboat, the Rock n Roll Express and many more.

For more info, please go to www.midatlanticlegends.com

If only I lived in the North Carolina Area, I'd so be there! I also heard a certain former 16 time world champion will show up there to wish them luck.

I  love Mid-Atlantic Wrestling since finally seeing footage from the from the Flair DVD set, so this would kick ass for me.

If I actually do go, I will ask Magnum to sign me a table spike and possibly one for you and GNR-Rules.

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2004, 06:18:55 PM »

The following is an article from IGN.com:

Nash Knifed by Punisher

WWE superstar playing villain accidentally stabbed in crucial fight scene.

It takes a lot of brawn to play the muscle-bound villain in the latest Marvel-to-movie blockbuster, The Punisher. Just ask WWE superstar Kevin Nash who stars as "the Russian" in the upcoming film. Little did he realize that taking on this role would also result in being physically stabbed by a knife during the process of shooting the film. In a bizarre Hollywood accident, reports from the set indicate the actor and WWE star Kevin Nash was accidentally stabbed by Punisher actor Thomas Jane during the shooting of a knife fight scene. The word from the set is that Nash, who performs all of his own stunts, was so pumped up for the performance that he didn't even realize that he had actually been physically stabbed in the process. Though bad news for Nash, this does make for good news for Punisher fans as we can now anticipate an intense fight scene between the two once the film opens to theaters later this year.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #577 on: January 29, 2004, 06:57:21 PM »

The word from the set is that Nash, who performs all of his own stunts, was so pumped up for the performance that he didn't even realize that he had actually been physically stabbed in the process.

Hahahahah, he probably had so many steroids in him you could have sliced him in half without him realising..... hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #578 on: January 30, 2004, 03:39:04 PM »

Nash Knifed by Punisher

WWE superstar playing villain accidentally stabbed in crucial fight scene.

It takes a lot of brawn to play the muscle-bound villain in the latest Marvel-to-movie blockbuster, The Punisher. Just ask WWE superstar Kevin Nash who stars as "the Russian" in the upcoming film. Little did he realize that taking on this role would also result in being physically stabbed by a knife during the process of shooting the film. In a bizarre Hollywood accident, reports from the set indicate the actor and WWE star Kevin Nash was accidentally stabbed by Punisher actor Thomas Jane during the shooting of a knife fight scene. The word from the set is that Nash, who performs all of his own stunts, was so pumped up for the performance that he didn't even realize that he had actually been physically stabbed in the process. Though bad news for Nash, this does make for good news for Punisher fans as we can now anticipate an intense fight scene between the two once the film opens to theaters later this year.

Wow, Nash even no-sells a stab wound.

rofl

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #579 on: January 30, 2004, 04:12:46 PM »

Wow, Nash even no-sells a stab wound.

rofl

That is possibly the best post I have ever seen on any board.  I wish I'd thought of it.
Oh, and Magnum did rule.  His I Quit match w/Tully Blanchard at, I believe, Starrcade '86, is unreal.  The two of them almost make Foley seem like he's on a Lex Luger level of wussdom.  Almost.  You can check that match out on the Bloodbath DVD...highly recommended.
/Mike
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: