Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833037 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5120 on: March 20, 2006, 06:52:07 AM »

Damn Mike, you really are old school. I hadnt thought of Ken Patera, Putsky, or Kirschner in years. I liked it when Patera was a "heel". He was in Heenan's stable with Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy. When he got in with Hogan he sucked. Remember Superstar Billy Graham? He wrestled in to his sixties. hihi

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5121 on: March 20, 2006, 07:19:02 AM »

Damn Mike, you really are old school. I hadnt thought of Ken Patera, Putsky, or Kirschner in years. I liked it when Patera was a "heel". He was in Heenan's stable with Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy. When he got in with Hogan he sucked. Remember Superstar Billy Graham? He wrestled in to his sixties. hihi

I remember the fist slammie awards where hacksaw jim fought the king all night long backstage... Pile driver the video was introduced... Mean gene and jimmy heart had songs..  Bundy n studd, I remember them beating up on andre.. Hogan n andre vs bundy n stud..  I always think of ken patera showing hsi strength against the van.. His back was against the wall while his feet holding back the van...

I remember just about everything, even the missing link hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5122 on: March 20, 2006, 08:06:32 AM »

I remember the fist slammie awards where hacksaw jim fought the king all night long backstage... Pile driver the video was introduced... Mean gene and jimmy heart had songs..? Bundy n studd, I remember them beating up on andre.. Hogan n andre vs bundy n stud..? I always think of ken patera showing hsi strength against the van.. His back was against the wall while his feet holding back the van...

Remember how The Missing Link was undefeated for a long time? They let Hogan end his streak. Same with Bad News Brown. I think he went like a year or so without losing and Hogan took him down. They always did that shit. One thing I always hated about WWF back then was how Hogan always had to be champion. He went a huge period of time being champion until that Evil twin referee bullshit happened when he fought Andre a second time. Then Andre "sold" the belt to Dibiase. rofl rofl I think the federation would have been better then if they would have allowed a couple other people to have brief title reigns. Maybe give it to macho man in 1986, or let Paul Orndorf have it for awhile in 87.

Here's a little known fact for all you wrestling fans: Back in late 87/early 88 when Ricky Steamboat was WCW World Champion, he made a public challenge to then WWF champion Hulk Hogan to have a "championship vs championship" match. Neither hogan or WWF ever responded to the challenge.

Too bad both federations hated each other. That would have been a kick ass match. beer

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5123 on: March 20, 2006, 08:42:02 AM »

Stoned? Evo? You two look different for some reason...

Remember Superstar Billy Graham? He wrestled in to his sixties. hihi

Well, Ric Flair is ninety odd, and he's still going.  Wink

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5124 on: March 20, 2006, 08:46:32 AM »

Stoned? Evo? You two look different for some reason...

Remember Superstar Billy Graham? He wrestled in to his sixties. hihi

Well, Ric Flair is ninety odd, and he's still going.? Wink

rofl rofl rofl

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5125 on: March 20, 2006, 09:08:31 AM »

Ken Patera you say.....

....He's the dude who threw a boulder at Mcdonalds then beat up a Police Officer, if he wasn't long since retired him vs. Finlay (If you oldies know who he is Tongue would be class...)

And Jim of course Smackdown's Belt looks a thousand times better, it hasn't been Cenarised

Remember how The Missing Link was undefeated for a long time? They let Hogan end his streak. Same with Bad News Brown. I think he went like a year or so without losing and Hogan took him down. They always did that shit.
Undefeated streaks you say.? Well Tatanka, our hero in this modern trendy thread, who is still round kicking ass, debuted back in late 1991 and stayed undefeated 'til September 1993, nearly 2 years Tongue

Here's a little known fact for all you wrestling fans: Back in late 87/early 88 when Ricky Steamboat was WCW World Champion, he made a public challenge to then WWF champion Hulk Hogan to have a "championship vs championship" match. Neither hogan or WWF ever responded to the challenge.

Too bad both federations hated each other. That would have been a kick ass match. beer
Things like that would have been cool in any ERA but they just don't happen because ultimately a winner needs to be chosen and one promotion does not want to put over the other as being better....
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:37:33 AM by Stoned » Logged
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5126 on: March 20, 2006, 09:15:10 AM »

And Jim of course Smackdown's Belt looks a thousand times better, it hasn't been Cenarised

it looked shit before anyway

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5127 on: March 20, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »

it looked shit before anyway
In your opinion............

....I liked it

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5128 on: March 20, 2006, 10:44:08 AM »

yer in my opinion, well it doesnt look bad but the whc looks better........

in my opinion

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5129 on: March 20, 2006, 10:44:37 AM »

I remember the fist slammie awards where hacksaw jim fought the king all night long backstage... Pile driver the video was introduced... Mean gene and jimmy heart had songs..? Bundy n studd, I remember them beating up on andre.. Hogan n andre vs bundy n stud..? I always think of ken patera showing hsi strength against the van.. His back was against the wall while his feet holding back the van...

Remember how The Missing Link was undefeated for a long time? They let Hogan end his streak. Same with Bad News Brown. I think he went like a year or so without losing and Hogan took him down. They always did that shit. One thing I always hated about WWF back then was how Hogan always had to be champion. He went a huge period of time being champion until that Evil twin referee bullshit happened when he fought Andre a second time. Then Andre "sold" the belt to Dibiase. rofl rofl I think the federation would have been better then if they would have allowed a couple other people to have brief title reigns. Maybe give it to macho man in 1986, or let Paul Orndorf have it for awhile in 87.

yes the two hefners.. I remember that saturday night main event...

before you knew it steamboat was jerking around with macho man and getting the bell in his throat.. Then getting ddt'd on the floor from jake the snake.. Cracked his pineapple open... You smell that ,it's pineapple juice rofl Well hogan ended many streaks, took out mr perfect..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5130 on: March 20, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »

Yeah, well bollocks to Pedro Morales and the Iron Shiek, Smackdown's belt looks a thousand times better!

I hated pedro,. fat mexican was always clapping crying
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5131 on: March 20, 2006, 11:13:32 AM »

You mean Hebner's right?  Dave & Earl.....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5132 on: March 20, 2006, 11:18:44 AM »

You mean Hebner's right?? Dave & Earl.....

yes ,the two hebners.. No i meant hugh and his brother hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5133 on: March 20, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »

yes ,the two hebners.. No i meant hugh and his brother hihi
Well you never know, i thought you might of got you Playboy and you Wrestling the wrong way round Tongue

And for those that missed it, this is the moment that MADE Saturday Night's Main Event return decent!

yer in my opinion, well it doesnt look bad but the whc looks better........

in my opinion
Well i never said which was better, but i thought 'shit' was a bit strong of a description.....

....and i've already got you admitting now it doesn't look bad Tongue

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 11:34:57 AM by Stoned » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5134 on: March 20, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »

Things like that would have been cool in any ERA but they just don't happen because ultimately a winner needs to be chosen and one promotion does not want to put over the other as being better....
You're right. You might not know this, but the champ vs champ was tried before, and it wasnt successful. Back in 1985, NWA champ Ric Flair wrestled AWA Champion Ric Martel. It was a 60 min. draw.
Yeah, well bollocks to Pedro Morales and the Iron Shiek, Smackdown's belt looks a thousand times better!

I hated pedro,. fat mexican was always clapping crying
rofl rofl

before you knew it steamboat was jerking around with macho man and getting the bell in his throat.. Then getting ddt'd on the floor from jake the snake.. Cracked his pineapple open... You smell that ,it's pineapple juice rofl Well hogan ended many streaks, took out mr perfect..
I remember that. It was on that saturday morning wrestling show. Those were great memories. Well, maybe not for Steamboat. hihi

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5135 on: March 20, 2006, 12:29:50 PM »

And for those that missed it, this is the moment that MADE Saturday Night's Main Event return decent!

thankyou stoned, uyr my hero

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #5136 on: March 20, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »

Fantastic, the old timers give us whippersnappers a history lesson  hihi

To compare, Kurt Angle's 2 month unbeaten run seemed like a long time to me, but 2 year unbeaten runs??

And we moan about Cena being champion for 9 months. Imagine being a pure wrestling fan with Hogan as your champ for 4 years  Undecided
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5137 on: March 20, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »

I'd stop watching if I had to put up with 4 years of Hogan as champ

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5138 on: March 20, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »

I'd stop watching if I had to put up with 4 years of Hogan as champ
Being the Die-Hard fan i am i'll probably never stop, no matter how bad it gets.....

....We've had more recent undefeated streaks...

Goldberg's

Samoa Joe's current one, in which he's lost several matches but because he was never the one pinned or submitted or battered they don't count confused

Undefeated 2008-2012 - Bong Buster Bundy......Get In! Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5139 on: March 20, 2006, 06:03:38 PM »

WWE.com has announced that Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin will defend the title against Rob Van Dam and Ric Flair in a Triple Threat match tonight on Raw

If RVD wins watch out for D's MASSIVE celebration party... hihi
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: