Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836315 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4140 on: January 30, 2006, 06:57:44 AM »

The rumble match was great, I was proud of RVD getting me some good solid points in the game. I am praying for an RVD vs HBK feud, that would be some awesome matches.
That would be awesome, they've never probably faced off, all they had was a RAW match back in 2002 which HHH interfered in anyway, HBK is busy with Vince for now.....

...having Shane turn up like that was awesome, i loved it, Shane vs. HBK at Wrestlemania No Holds Barred, now that would be one hell of a match yes
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4141 on: January 30, 2006, 09:26:55 AM »

Actually, the last time the Rumble wasn't the main event was 98, when HBK played...The Undertaker. Great match, and one of the more convincing of his deaths...

I predicted, actually, that because Henry Angle was the last match that the ring was going to break...

Because, not knowing that 'taker was making an appearance, it made no sense to me at all.

Only thing is, I thought it was going to be from an Angle slam from the top rope. Now that would have been a good ending, not the shitty one we had. Only Undetaker saved the end of the PPV. The only problem with him is that his age is making him a lot less intimidating...

Firstly, his belt motion was way too high! More round his nipples than his waist. Secondly, remember how attitude 'taker used to throw his arms up after climbing the steps to the ring? Now that, that was cool. When he did it last night, he did it far too slowly. It looked pathetic! And then when he threw them down like Kane...Oh dear. Looked like an old man doing a Kane impression. None the less, it was still a very cool ending.

As far Cena's entrance...What a fucking waste of time, money and...Well, everything. For a start it was just fucking pointless. Because the damn thing took so long to come down, it was no suprise whatsoever. One of the most pointlessly elaborate entrances ever. And why for God's sake at the Rumble?! At 'mania, yeah. But the Rumble? My best guess is that it was to get the crowd pumped so they might actually cheer his win...

Nice to see that, once into the match, there were a good few 'let's go Edge,' chants.

Anyway. I agree, solid event and the Rumble was great.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4142 on: January 30, 2006, 10:22:38 AM »

Actually, the last time the Rumble wasn't the main event was 98, when HBK played...The Undertaker. Great match, and one of the more convincing of his deaths...
Also the match that caused the end of HBK's career.....

....well until he came back that is..

For those interested, Rey Mysterio's win last night established a new all-time time for the Royal Rumble match. Rey lasted 1:02:15, passing Chris Benoit's 2004 record of 1:01:34.

Here are the full times for everyone involved in last night's match:

Time in the Rumble Match
Rey Mysterio Jr.: (1:02:15) (Ironman) (Winner) *New Record*
Triple H: (1:00:16)
Carlito Caribbean Cool (38:32)
Chris Benoit (30:34)
Joey Mercury (29:15)
Johnny Nitro (25:45)
Rob Van Dam (23:52)
Orlando Jordan (16:09)
Tatanka (14:09)
Trevor Murdoch (13:42)
Randy Orton (13:04)
Shawn Michaels (12:55)
The Big Show: (9:04)
Matt Hardy (7:43)
Super Crazy (7:41)
Chris Masters (7:02)
Shelton Benjamin (6:52)
Viscera (5:20)
Bobby Lashley (4:17)
Goldust (3:09)
Kane (3:32)
Road Warrior Animal (2:48)
Ric Flair: (1:17)
Psychosis: (1:15)
Chavo Guerrero Jr. (1:00)
Simon Dean: (00:46)
Jonathan Coachman: (00:30)
Sylvan (00:17)
Booker T (00:17)

Graham Cawthon
www.TheHistoryofWWE.com

Is anyone else noticing how Carlito is starting to look more and more like a star?? He's reminding me a lot of Shawn Michaels in his early singles career back in 1993/1994.? His wrestling isn't up to the same standard but it is improving and i think he makes a great heel and pulls off the role of Smart Cowardly Heel to perfection, much like Michaels did.? In this case Masters is the dumbass just like Diesel was when he was the bodyguard of Michaels.? It's now 2 PPVs in a row that Masters has been made to look like an idiot by Carlito.? Back in the day when they wanted to push a new star as a future main eventer, without pushing them all the way they'd give them good performances in events like the Royal Rumble.? It was in 1994 that Michaels helped eliminate Diesel after the big guy had stupidly trusted him, just like Masters did this year trusting Carlito.? See that's the thing that makes Rumble's it's the little things that sometimes you don't notice first time.? I mean throughout the match he was scurrying about, hiding behind the ringpost, i thought he was hilarious.? He also showed earlier this month that he should be considered a REAL title contender as he made it to the final 2 in the Elimination Chamber and eliminated Kane, Shawn Michaels & Chris Masters.? He's cocky, he has great mic skills and now Rob Van Dam has returned I see a hot feud emerging between these 2.? His repertoire in the ring is getting a lot better now to since he's added the Swinging Neckbreaker as a finisher, that vicious move to where he jams the knees into the back and also his Rolling Senton much like RVD's.? Now these are merely a few moves but they all help make him a more well rounder wrestler, i mean he wasn't bad before, and if he keeps improving at this rate i hope and believe he's a future World Champion, and that, That's Cool smoking
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:40:06 AM by Stoned » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4143 on: January 30, 2006, 11:39:23 AM »

Well, I have to confess...I hadn't ordered a PPV since Vengeance last June, and I have to say last night's Rumble came pretty damn close to being worth every penny..a truly special night all around..

I didn't even know there was goin' to be a opening cruiserweight match, and for the most part it was pretty decent with Helms, London and Kash being most impressive. London managed his insane neckbreaker/huricrana off the top rope yet Helms still managed a impressive win..starting to like this guy..

Next was Mickie confessing her love for Trish....

Trish, at least give her a try and see if your door doesn't swing that way forsure...

Pretty simple Diva match with nothing overly special except Ashley is the hottest Diva in ages!

JBL vs. Boogeyman was another squash match, and while it was entertaining and funny as fuck at first, it got a wee bit boring. I thought it was funny when Cole said Boogeyman spit the worm down Jillian's throat when it actually just hit her cheek..over pretty quickly with Boogeyman delivering a pumphandle slam.

Next, to my surprise was the Rumble Match...wait before the title matches??...I like this...makes Rumble seem longer ok

My two picks, Rey and HH unfortunately grabbed the #1 & 2 spots, yet that didn't fuckin' matter as they both lasted the longest!

After Rey's speeches to Eddie, I was still hping Vince wouldn't buy into his spiritual crap and give the win to someone else, but ultimately it came down to RVD, Orton, Rey and HHH. At this point, I was thinkin' HHH had a damn good shot, as he elimanted both Kane n' Show, and had strategically taken breaks in between elminations...Rey and Rob went for Evolution and Rob is gone..

HHH misses with a clothesline and Rey hurricranas' him off the rope to HHH's rage and dismay...he's halfway back to the ramp when he pulls Rey out and smashes the holy fuck outta him with the stairs and tosses him back to Randy...

Randy being Randy takes far too long and gets thrown over head first as well...Rey is goin' to 'Mania.

Next, was the Raw title match and at first I thought the sweet ass ramp was for the new champ Edge, but guess not as Cena makes a very loud entrance...oh god, the kids have bought the underdog bullshit..Sucks that ramp cost so bloody much, because it's pretty much a spoiler..

Edge takes it to Cena early on, but misses with a haymaker and gets the FU for his troubles...long live HHH vs Cena at 'Mania

Last match, Kurt vs Henry...nothing special at all, Mark is slow as fuck but tries to keep up with Angle as best he can..Angle eventually hits an angle slam I think and gets the pin with some help from the bottom rope...and the Rumble is done..or is it..

Undertaker comes out in what looks like a 16th century wagon and scrares the holy fuck outta Angle before hinting at a title match...Lightening falls from the sky as the ring falls in tatters...Kurt is left standing like a dog in a puddle of his own pee..

For the 19th Rumble, it was very well done..and most of my predictions were dead on

'Mania Predictions so far..

HHH vs Cena/ HHH vs Cena vs Edge
Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio/ Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton/ Kurt vs 'Taker...I think this will be more clear after NWO but im gunna say Angle vs. Rey at 'Mania
Undertaker vs Mark Henry/ Boogeyman
MNM vs Mexicools
Shane/Vince vs HBK in a Street Fight...depends on if old man Vince wants in the ring..for the sake of 'Mania they should use Shane because he can perform awesomely.
Trish vs. Mickie James.
Iron Man Match: Benoit vs Booker T

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4144 on: January 30, 2006, 01:03:30 PM »

Prior to OVW developmental wrestler Dean Visk getting released, WWE had contacted The Warlord (Terry Szopinski) to ask him if he'd like to make a comeback and tag team with Visk. The Warlord is 46 years old and still competes on wrestling shows on occasion. He's still very muscular as well. ? hihi Shame, we could of got this beast back.....

He's the one on the left for those who don't remember him Wink

Edit:

Tonight on RAW:

Edge vs. John Cena - WWE Title Rematch

The Big Show & Kane vs. Carlito & Chris Masters (World Tag Team Titles)

Awesome! No sooner had i been praising Carlito and now he get's a chance to win some Gold and also carrying on his amusing relationship with Masters, if they keep this going well, down the line Masters could finally become sick of him, turn face and they could have a big feud that helps get them both over.....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:55:51 PM by Stoned » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4145 on: January 30, 2006, 02:01:56 PM »

Here?s an interesting trivia fact: Triple H & Stephanie?s new tour bus has marble floors with the HHH logo on it.

rofl Marble floor tour bus? Ever heard of anything as ridiculous?

The reason that CM Punk hasn?t been brought up to the WWE main roster is that they feel he still isn?t on their level. Stephanie McMahon refers to him as ?The king of the indies?, but not good enough for WWE?s main roster yet.

If CM is good enough for the main even spot than who is? This guy has more potential and charisma than half the other main eventers on Raw or SD.

Cena?s title loss is being viewed as a very unique situation. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that it looked like they took the title off of him in order to make people stop booing him.
Cena is the biggest draw and merchandise seller amongst women and children. The company apparently thinks that turning him heel will kill off all the money they make from those two demographics. Others think that while it may hurt those demographics, it would help in the male audience and would be viewed as one of the biggest heel turns ever.
We don?t really have any news yet on the reasoning behind WWE giving back the title to Cena. It could be because they thought their plan of taking it off him wasn?t working, that they didn?t like the results they were getting from Edge, or a number of other possibilities.
Cena has been working really hard since shooting to the top of the company, spending most of his days off doing P.R. stuff. It was previously reported that while the boos from the fans had been getting to him, he didn?t let it bother him too much and accepted that they can cheer for whoever they want./

I dont really care what the reason for him dropping the title was, all I can hope for is that he drops the title sooner than later again!

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4146 on: January 30, 2006, 02:31:21 PM »

Just because Kurt won a gold medal does not make him the greatest technical wrestler of all time. Running from one spot to another without any balance in between does not make a great match. That's like an actor going out on stage and just shouting the best lines to the audience. It's entertaining for a few moments but the audience is left wondering about the details. There needs to be depth and a storyline. I don't think Kurt has learned that yet.

Take Benoit for instance. Although I'm not his biggest fan, Benoit is so much more fluid than Angle it's unreal.

The thing that annoys me about Angle is that he COULD be awesome, but he does his job all wrong.

The little things that Benoit, Hart, Flair and some others can bring to a match just aren't there in Kurt Angle. While entertaining most of the time, his work very rarely seems real, his spotty style is at times very annoying (and completely out of place for a heel), his spot calling remains terrible, and he couldn't sell a glass of water in the middle of the desert.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:47:43 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4147 on: January 30, 2006, 03:03:26 PM »

Just because Kurt won a gold medal does not make him the greatest technical wrestler of all time. Running from one spot to another without any balance in between does not make a great match. That's like an actor going out on stage and just shouting the best lines to the audience. It's entertaining for a few moments but the audience is left wondering about the details. There needs to be depth and a storyline. I don't think Kurt has learned that yet.

Take Benoit for instance. Although I'm not his biggest fan, Benoit is so much more fluid than Angle it's unreal.

The thing that annoys me about Angle is that he COULD be awesome, but he does his job all wrong.

The little things that Benoit, Hart, Flair and some others can bring to a match just aren't there in Kurt Angle. While entertaining most of the time, his work very rarely seems real, his spotty style is at times very annoying (and completely out of place for a heel), his spot calling remains terrible, and he couldn't sell a glass of water in the middle of the desert.

I disagree, i think he is perfectly able to tell a story he doesn't just run from one spot to another, in many of his matches he's often grounded and slows the pace down, like everyone yes he has his own spots but they are balanced throughout the match.  The only 'running' he does is to the top rope to pull off an awesome spot....

His work seems perfectly real, he's one of the few who has a nearly entire repertoire of plausable moves, a Ric Flair match is something which rarely seems real, whether it's those constant chops that take a century to be defended, his flop to the floor or his willingness to go to the top rope knowing he'll probably fail.....

...not that it bothers me TOO much, you could rip apart the realisticness of most things in WWE wrestlers or wrestlers in any company.

There are those who can sell better but it's finding the right balance, he's not perfect but that would be one of my few criticisms of him, when it comes to selling, from a realistic stand point Benoit is the best, nobody shows the pain and makes the moves look more brutal than him.....

....i'll admit there have been times when he's recovered in near enough no time at all to pull off another move, but you also have the unrealistic comebacks made by Shawn Michaels when he's bled all over the entire arena and been nailed with virtually every weapon around.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #4148 on: January 30, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »

Benoit and Angle or both right now the best now too me.

The Rumble last night was mix to me . The only match that was worth watching was the Rumble it's self.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #4149 on: January 30, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »

I definately enjoyed the event. Rey was who i was pulling for. JBL should be given a medal. What he did last night was shocking  no
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4150 on: January 30, 2006, 05:40:08 PM »

JBL must be in bad books with management.

That was a squash of epic proportions!

Gotta love the shitness of The Boogeyman though, its so bad its so very good.

I thought the first three matches were shit. The Cruiserweight encounter was watchable, if only for the sheer immenseness of Mr Paul London. That guy belongs in the X - Division. ( Thanks Big Ploppa Dump).

The Rumble was booked impeccably, i wonder how long it takes to write that much. Jesus!

How hard will the WWE try to get Cena over? Last night they completely over did it in my opinion. Pointless and boring. Lets see how long it takes for Cena to get Heat as a face this time?  Huh

And the last match just proved how shit Mark Henry, when our Olympic Hero Kurt Angle couldnt even get a good match outta him.

The Undertaker entrance was cool, they seem to keep coming up with subtle variations of it, which removes the monotony of it all.

7/10 for me, as ever The Rumble match saved the card, it always tends to be a one match card though. And why not, its still my favourite match, due to the sheer unpredictability of it. Keeps me guessing each year and we always tend to see something we havent seen the previous years.... Cant remember what last night was? Oh wait, yes it was the Shane bit.

Evolution
« Reply #4151 on: January 30, 2006, 05:54:38 PM »

The sheer volume of main eventer in the first half was pretty different too.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4152 on: January 30, 2006, 06:21:20 PM »

Huge backstage TNA news!

Spike TV is said to be just as much behind bringing Sting in as TNA was. Some guys in TNA were very upset with Sting being brought in and getting all that money instead of some of the wrestlers who have been with them for the long run. However, since he?s been backstage, the attitude towards him has changed due to his willingness to genuinely help out the company.

Sting seems like a really stand up guy in the ring and backstage the more I hear about him. Has he actually had a first real match since returning yet? How is he?

-- Christian recently stated in an interview that even if TNA wasn?t an option, he still would have left WWE. He said that the TNA locker room is more upbeat, and TNA being there definitely helped his decision to leave WWE.

That's awesome for Captain Charisma ok I couldn't be more happier for him. I dont like him as much as a face in TNA but at least there using him right so far.

According to several live reports, when Jeff Jarrett has been cutting promos lately the crowd?s ?boring? chants at TNA tapings have drowned out the sound system in the building. The company viewpoint is that fans, both in Orlando and on the internet, are tired of Jarrett.

rofl That's both highly predictable and overdue. Alot of people used to say Jarrett was shoving his title reigns down people's throats like HHH, but Ive never heard HHH's entrance droned out descriptively as loud as Jarrett was.

TNA is planning another all-cage match PPV for this April. They will keep the same Lockdown title for the event that they used last year.

That's fuckin' wicked ok You dont see Vince hosting an all cage PPV now do you...

Only thing that comes close is the next ECW PPV which will hopefully be up to par with One Night Stand.

And the final piece of good news:

Right now it looks like Spike TV will be moving TNA iMPACT to a Thursday night timeslot at some point. Spike TV has also expressed interest in giving them a better replay timeslot than their Monday midnight airing, despite the fact that a 0.5 rating in that timeslot is a good number. Some are second-guessing the decision to put them on Thursday nights.

Sounds pretty good! A better timeslot=more viewers which= more competition for the WWE ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4153 on: January 30, 2006, 07:13:08 PM »

TNA is planning another all-cage match PPV for this April. They will keep the same Lockdown title for the event that they used last year.

That's fuckin' wicked ok You dont see Vince hosting an all cage PPV now do you...
To be honest that was one of my least favourite PPVs of theirs, there is such a thing as overkill.......
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4154 on: January 30, 2006, 07:33:11 PM »

To be honest that was one of my least favourite PPVs of theirs, there is such a thing as overkill.......

Shocked

You must be joking man. Overkill doesn't exist when a steel cage of pain and torture is involved!

PS: Im taking your Stoned title if you stay on the sobriety path k? Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4155 on: January 30, 2006, 08:04:51 PM »

Shocked

You must be joking man. Overkill doesn't exist when a steel cage of pain and torture is involved!
Oh but it does, it just gets boring and repetative and takes away the specialness....

....i'll probably keep the name anyway Tongue
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4156 on: January 30, 2006, 08:21:42 PM »

Oh but it does, it just gets boring and repetative and takes away the specialness....

Blasphemy! I dont care if it's 1 cage match or a 100 cage matches in one night, the event will still kick total fuckin' ass ok

It's a genious idea too have one of the most popular match types with it's own PPV.

...i'll probably keep the name anyway Tongue

Oh no you dont!

That just wouldn't be right now would it?

A reformed bodybuilder passing himself as a Stoner??

Tisk, fuckin' tisk no

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #4157 on: January 30, 2006, 08:39:48 PM »

Stoned's now a bodybuilder?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4158 on: January 30, 2006, 09:07:11 PM »

Blasphemy! I dont care if it's 1 cage match or a 100 cage matches in one night, the event will still kick total fuckin' ass ok

It's a genious idea too have one of the most popular match types with it's own PPV.
Nah, last one was medicore, this one will probably be, it shows lack of imagination, vareity is the spice of life.....

Stoned's now a bodybuilder?
rofl Not quite, i just know what the inside of a Gym looks like unlike some people Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #4159 on: January 30, 2006, 09:23:49 PM »

I know what Gymini look like. Close enough?
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: