Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 06:31:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 839409 times)
Evolution
« Reply #3660 on: December 31, 2005, 01:44:12 PM »

Good to see Finlay's still got his accent after 20 odd years living in America.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3661 on: December 31, 2005, 10:22:58 PM »

anyone else see a Vince McMahon Vs Bret Hart match at Wrestlemania?

Cause trust me, its gonna happen.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3662 on: January 01, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »

anyone else see a Vince McMahon Vs Bret Hart match at Wrestlemania?

Cause trust me, its gonna happen.
Never in a million years.  Vince would love it but Bret Hart would NEVER bother........
makane
Legend

« Reply #3663 on: January 01, 2006, 09:48:26 AM »

It's not gonna happen 'cause Bret simply can't wrestle anymore. I'd love to see him as the  RAW gm  Tongue

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #3664 on: January 01, 2006, 10:37:30 AM »

Never in a million years.? Vince would love it but Bret Hart would NEVER bother........

Its all because Vinnie was teasing it on Raw, when he asked Josh (the interviewer dude with specs) if he thought he(Vince) could take Bret.

There are plenty of other ways to promote Bret's DVD than that shit he was pulling. I just sense that we havent seen the last appearance by The Hitman on a Titan Towers produced show.

Evolution
« Reply #3665 on: January 01, 2006, 11:26:32 AM »

True, there are a million better ways to promote the DVD but remember it is Vince. He probably considers Bret lucky that it is even mentioned on Raw.
Evolution
« Reply #3666 on: January 01, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Jz46dHxK_Do

Must watch. The New Age Outlaws shoot on Triple H.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3667 on: January 01, 2006, 03:35:41 PM »

Bret Hart is back in great shape, doesnt have many  lingering effects from the stroke.

He could do a beat down street fight type deal.

he wouldnt have to take any bumps.

I guarantee Bret will be at WM22.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3668 on: January 01, 2006, 03:38:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Jz46dHxK_Do

Must watch. The New Age Outlaws shoot on Triple H.

hihi hihi hihi hihi

I agree with the mustache comment but Road Dogg or Billy beating up HHH?

Yeah right, I think HHH would wipe the floor with either of these 2 jokes to be honest.

I like these guys to be honest and Im sure there is an element of truth but He didnt sabotage Orton, Orton wasnt ready in my opinion and neither is Batista.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 03:41:58 PM by D? » Logged

Evolution
« Reply #3669 on: January 01, 2006, 03:41:02 PM »

I'm gonna hold you to that.

I think Billy could beat him up  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3670 on: January 01, 2006, 03:42:50 PM »

im not guaranteeing a street fight, but I bet he will be there to at least give a farewell speech, Vince will come out, Bret will deck him and that will end the segment.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3671 on: January 01, 2006, 03:46:15 PM »

I'm gonna hold you to that.
Hart would look like such a hypocrite to his fans he has vowed never to return as part of any stupid ass angle, watching Wrestling With Shadows and interviews since you see how much that fucked him over, now he doesn't want a match with Vince and in all his recent interviews he's said how he can't wrestle, hell he can't even open up his own wrestling school cos he can't take any bumps it ain't gonna happen. ?He may be there for the Hall of Fame but nothing else....

I think Billy could beat him up? hihi
I seriously think he could. ?Just because HHH is pumped for of steroids it doesn't mean he's a majorly tough guy.....

Vince will come out, Bret will deck him and that will end the segment.
Nah, Hart would also be against that, a farewell speech he'd do, but as he keeps saying, no angles, no storylines and that includes decking Vince.....

.....everyone would know it was staged it would keep off real cheap...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 03:47:57 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #3672 on: January 01, 2006, 03:47:58 PM »

Billy is just a big dumb hoss. He wouldn't feel the pain in his big head
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3673 on: January 01, 2006, 03:49:19 PM »

Don't knock the Bad Ass One Wink He was great once (well least i thought so...) and he'll be great again....
Evolution
« Reply #3674 on: January 01, 2006, 03:55:04 PM »

Aren't Kip and B.G and regular team now? Do they have a tag team name?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3675 on: January 01, 2006, 05:31:16 PM »

Don't knock the Bad Ass One Wink He was great once (well least i thought so...) and he'll be great again....

Oh, I most certainly agree.

Fine, he was always awful on the mic. But the D, O, double G was one of the best on the mic the WWF ever saw! As a tag team they cut some of the best promos ever! And as a consequence they were one of the best tag teams ever; from a time when the division meant something. When they held the belts, people actually cared about them!

It's just a pity that Road Dogg got all mixed up in drugs, and Billy got buried with dreadful characters and angles...

He really was a great wrestler!

I still remember Michael Cole from Rock Bottom, In Your House (maybe one of the last to officially go under that name?) saying that he (Billy Gunn) was possibly the best pure athlete in the WWF, after he had reversed a super-plex (I think) on Ken Shamrock! And he really was. And it was a great match!

The problem with The Outlaws is that their gimmick didn't suit a watered down WWE, and as a consequence it really suffered.

Being in DX the first time with HHH really helped them.

Being in the second incarnation (that I celebrated like made when it returned, and now wish I hadn't...) was a really big mistake. The whole Radicalz invasion thing came along and a lot of the guys got buried.

While we're on the subject actually...

Do you guys remember how pointless Smackdown was back then?! It would be like a Raw re-hash. The company would choose a match, say a 3 on 1, and then they would use that match for 2 weeks! Once on Raw with an angle, and then on Smackdown with a shit one.? Grin

Christ it was bad...

Lumberjack match as well, that's what they used...

Wrestling got shit around then.

The McMahon-Helmsley era...

Oh, and on the subject. Don't forget. Billy was allways in great shape (for real, no steroids Smiley), and Road Dogg was a marine...

I wouldn't put it past either of them to kick the shit out of HHH.? Cool
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 05:34:00 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3676 on: January 01, 2006, 05:44:40 PM »

Billy didnt take steroids?? Yeah right!

I think one of the downfalls of wrestling was the creation of Smackdown and WCW Thunder.

it sped up angles, got things unorganized and overflooded the audience and burnt them out.

I would love to see how things would be different had WCW kept Nitro and WWE kept Raw.

mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3677 on: January 01, 2006, 06:26:05 PM »

I agree ,having ttwo big tv shows a week did hirt things.

But the main problem is hiring damn writers who don't know a fucking thing about the product they are writeing for.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3678 on: January 01, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »

I think that one of the other problems though is what the fans expect...

There is such a demand to see live shows that the WWE are too greedy to say no; but at the same time it is only fair.

Yet, there are only so many house shows to sell...

The big draw is the televised events...

The perfect compromise would be having, say RAW on a Monday, where angles are worked out and matches that really matter and are made and then sometimes played.

And then on, say a Thursday (with the show actually being taped on a Thursday and going out live...) they had something that was out and out a B show; a wrestling event. No real angles, no promos being cut. Just a show to be used as an exhibit of wrestling talent. Maybe the odd title defense as well. Give the big guns the day off, with them sometimes making an appearance to wrestle, say, a Shawn Michaels: without any ties to a storyline. It could maybe even be an opportunity to give some heels some clean wins...Something that is really lacking in current WWE.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't mean just televise a House Show...

But televise something that isn't expected to be a ratings winner. Maybe not even a prime time show. You could have defences of the Intercontinental title as the main event every few weeks or so; it would really help to give meaning to the belt.|

It would also feel like the company as a wrestling entity was more of a 'division'...

At the moment it just feels like any old jobber can come out, cut a promo, and get a title shot.

Have some of the up and comming talent wrestle through the ranks on the 'B' show, and then progress to the 'A' one; Raw.

Angles could be interwoven, they don't exactly need to be abolished for the 'B' show. Things like the best of 7 series would work great. And the Intercontinental, Tag Team and the like could change hands from time to time. A feeling that, you know it probably won't but...it could. You know?

But. The problem with that is.

It makes far too much sene, and actually takes all types of fans into consideration, for a major wrestling company to ever consider.

By the way, I've had a lot to drink. And have written quite a lot...

Maybe this won't make any sense in the morning. But right now? Boy does it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 07:51:07 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3679 on: January 01, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »

Billy didnt take steroids?? Yeah right!
He definately did but most WWE stars have been on the juice at one point or another. ?The dude always got knocked though, personally for a big man i thought he was a damn good wrestler. ?I remember being so happy when he got pushed into the main event picture, winning the King of the Ring (Fameasser, off the middle rope onto X-Pac, impressive eh?) and then feuding with The Rock i don't know why he bombed, it was a shame really because after that they fucked him over with some shit gimmicks, hopefully in TNA he'll keep up with the career recovery. ?I guess he's probably my 'Guilty Pleasure' of wrestling, the guy all the critics say is shit but i actually like and appreciate, majority of the other wrestlers i like do actually receive praise Wink

I would love to see how things would be different had WCW kept Nitro and WWE kept Raw.
Would of been cool, i really wish WCW had not gone under, oh well.....

.....these days we have no choice but to have at least 2 TV Shows a week the roster is so damn big, hell they struggle to fit many of the decent guys on as it is, although that is due to idiotic Diva bullshit, stupid storylines and Vince Mcmahon Ego Trip 20 Minute Promo's......

I think that one of the other problems though is what the fans expect...

There is such a demand to see live shows that the WWE are too greedy to say no; but at the same time it is only fair.

Yet, there are only so many house shows to sell...

The big draw is the televised events...

The perfect compromise would be having, say RAW on a Monday, where angles are worked out and matches that really matter and are made and then sometimes played.

And then on, say a Thursday (with the show actually being taped on a Thursday and going out live...) they had something that was out and out a B show; a wrestling event. No real angles, no promos being cut. Just a show to be used as an exhibit of wrestling talent. Maybe the odd title defense as well. Give the big guns the day off, with them sometimes making an appearance to wrestle, say, a Shawn Michaels: without any ties to a storyline. It could maybe even be an opportunity to give some heels some clean wins...Something that is really lacking in current WWE.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't mean just televise a House Show...

But televise something that isn't expected to be a ratings winner. Maybe not even a prime time show. You could have defences of the Intercontinental title as the main event every few weeks or so; it would really help to give meaning to the belt.|

It would also feel like the company as a wrestling entity was more of a 'division'...

At the moment it just feels like any old jobber can come out, cut a promo, and get a title shot.

Have some of the up and comming talent wrestle through the ranks on the 'B' show, and then progress to the 'A' one; Raw.

Angles could be interwoven, they don't exactly need to be abolished for the 'B' show. Things like the best of 7 series would work great. And the Intercontinental, Tag Team and the like could change hands from time to time. A feeling that, you know it probably won't but...it could. You know?

But. The problem with that is.

It makes far too much sene, and actually takes all types of fans into consideration, for a major wrestling company to ever consider.

I like the idea dude, it could work.  Problem is it won't happen, because that's what it used to be like, back in the day, and there all about these stupid 'Adult' storylines, i desperately want meaning to be given to the belts on a regular basis and characters to grow  but....ahh...fuck it....moan, complain, Vince will do what he wants, bastard!

It does make sense dude.  I'm also impressed that with all your drinking you can still avoid making any typo's, that's a talent i still need to master....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 07:59:59 PM by Stoned » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: