Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 07:30:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 852347 times)
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #300 on: November 25, 2003, 01:44:21 PM »

I don't realy think Thursdays are any good its just boaring
Oh, well.  To each his own, y'know?
I enjoy RAW for the general fun and insanity..it's the more unpredictable and more "out there" show, and that's just fun.  I think Smackdown has more realistic storylines and vastly superior in-ring action, so I like it for those reasons.  Just depends on my mood, y'know?
I've been a fan since '85, so they could pretty much throw an empty ring out there for 2 hours and I'd watch it.
If I had to choose, I'd probably go with SD for Cena, Lesnar, and Angle alone.  Of course, Angle's out till January at least, so we'll see...
Anyway, happy viewing.
/Mike
I havn't watched SD in a while so I ask why is angel out till january
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #301 on: November 25, 2003, 01:55:31 PM »

Angle had to have another neck surgery.  It's not one that's as severe as the previous operation, but he can't work in the ring for a bit.  We may see him in the ring for a few promos/storylines before then, but no action for now.
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #302 on: November 25, 2003, 02:47:57 PM »

Angle had to have another neck surgery.  It's not one that's as severe as the previous operation, but he can't work in the ring for a bit.  We may see him in the ring for a few promos/storylines before then, but no action for now.
/Mike
Thank you
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2003, 02:56:23 PM »

Haven't seen Smackdwon in ages...all my favourite wrestlers are on raw and with the undertaker gone from Smackdown too.......

Lesner's okay untill he opens his mouth then he just seems like a clown........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #304 on: November 29, 2003, 07:13:23 AM »

What a brilliant episode of Raw this week! I just love the Raw wheel of fortune (though it is as staged as anything else in wrestling) it does add a new and intresting element! I thought every match was great, probably the best raw i have seen in months.

Armageddon is looking intresting too....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #305 on: November 29, 2003, 03:27:07 PM »

What a brilliant episode of Raw this week! I just love the Raw wheel of fortune (though it is as staged as anything else in wrestling) it does add a new and intresting element! I thought every match was great, probably the best raw i have seen in months.

Armageddon is looking intresting too....

Armageddon is looking quite impressive

Batista vs HBK
HHH vs Goldberg vs Kane
Orton vs RVD

all possibly great matches and RAW rocked great main event all involved were class i love the likes of Batista, Jericho, HBK, Flair, Bischoff & Orton at the moment they make RAW worthwhile
McGann
VIP

« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2003, 05:36:52 PM »

A bit of sad news...
Larry Booker, better known to fans as Moondog Spot, died in the ring this weekend.  He had a massive heart attack during a local show during a tag match w/the Rock n' Roll Express and a couple of local teams.
I remember him well from early 80's WWF...always carried a bone around his neck.  Saw him live at West Palm Beach Auditorium house shows twice.  I also hear that he was very active charitably, frequently visiting sick kids in hospitals and things like that.
R.I.P., Spot.  You were fun to watch.
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2003, 07:49:06 PM »

I am still in shock at how bad raw was this week

Worst raw i have ever seen

Not one good match or meoment and to make matters worse Mick Foley turned up! How many times has he done this role of commissioner/co manger etc? I am sick of that angle...and i am sick of him!

Last week we had the awesome and fun raw roulette...then straight after we go back to the same old leadership battle we have hada zillion times: Linda v Vince, Vince v Shane, Vince v Stepth, Vince v Flair, Vince v Foley, Bischoff v Austin, Bischoff v Foley...i am sick of it!!!!

Grr very annoyed, and raw seemed on the mend.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2003, 12:03:24 AM »

Not one good match or meoment and to make matters worse Mick Foley turned up! How many times has he done this role of commissioner/co manger etc? I am sick of that angle...and i am sick of him!

Last week we had the awesome and fun raw roulette...then straight after we go back to the same old leadership battle we have hada zillion times: Linda v Vince, Vince v Shane, Vince v Stepth, Vince v Flair, Vince v Foley, Bischoff v Austin, Bischoff v Foley...i am sick of it!!!!

You hate Mick Foley, yet you like the workrate and crowd heat killer HHH.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
McGann
VIP

« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2003, 10:35:48 AM »

I thought RAW was pretty good this week, but I'm a Foley mark so that's biased.
Good Smackdown again.  Nice to see Benoit getting pushed, and the lack of McMahons is really helping.

-Mike McGann
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2003, 10:47:03 AM »

You hate Mick Foley, yet you like the workrate and crowd heat killer HHH.

Yes i do like Triple H...though not as much as i once did. I always liked him because he was the toughest one, he was always involved in the best storylines, he was great on the mic had great entrance music and had the best finisher move ever.

Now.......he is never there and when he is he takes part in some weak match then disappears.....sigh

But Mick Foley....oh i hate him! Everytime (around the time he has a book coming out) he appears as 'commissioner'..he does the same thing and ultimately gets beaten in a match for ownership. I have seen that a million times...go away!!!!!!

I still haven't recovered from Raw.....and that awful bit where La Resistance had to recite the pledge of allegiance....i almost died of embarrassment..........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2003, 04:30:49 PM »

WHAT DOES FOLEY HAVE PLANNED?
Dec. 8, 2003
Mick Foley is back as the new Co General Manager of RAW and chances are that RAW is never going to be the same! Foley said last week that he is going to have an administration that puts what the fans want first and, as a sign that he intends to stand behind his word, Foley announced a petition drive to bring Stone Cold Steve Austin back to RAW!

Foley also announced that on the final RAW before Armageddon, Goldberg will face Kane. Just days before their Triple Threat Match (along with Triple H) for the World Heavyweight Championship, will there be anything left of these two after RAW? Triple H certainly hopes not! Find out what happens when Goldberg and Kane go one-on-one on RAW!

Also, last week, Christian and Chris Jericho revealed that their recent fondness for Lita and Trish Stratus, respectively, was nothing but a cruel hoax as they were wagering who could get their Diva of choice in bed first. What they do not know is that last week, Stratus caught wind of the plan and was clearly upset to say the least. Will Trish seek revenge on Jericho? Will she tell Lita? What else does Mick Foley have in store for RAW and Eric Bischoff? Only one way to find out ... watch RAW at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2003, 04:51:55 PM »

im a little disappointed in the jericho,christian,lita, trish angle

i was hoping jericho and christian would turn face since they have been heels for so long, i wouldve liked to see that angle go a little longer we can all bout guess what will happen tonight

Raw has improved drastically over the last few weeks it is great now, i hate that they nixed the booker t i still remember angle, that couldve been kinda cool

cant wait to see what happens tonight

Izzy what day do u get to watch Raw on? if anyone doesnt get to watch it live, tell me and i wont post any spoilers

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2003, 04:38:54 PM »

friday but don't worry i read the spoilers hihi
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2003, 04:52:42 PM »

Izzy what day do u get to watch Raw on? if anyone doesnt get to watch it live, tell me and i wont post any spoilers

Fridays, but i won't be able to watch it for the next 5 weeks so post as many spoilers as you want!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2003, 05:37:48 PM »

For UK Fans:

No Armageddon this weekend, this is because Sky Box Office and WWE have failed to come to a new deal since the recent one has expired, this also means no Royal Rumble, No Mercy & Vengence unless one is agreed

p.s. this only affects those in the UK
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2003, 10:17:25 AM »

Damn, but i couldn't watch it anyway.......

D, u will have to post us a review ok

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2003, 10:39:27 AM »

Sky suck...

Im gutted, no Royal Rumble,its the best PPV in my book...

Im gona start a petition!

Or watch it on WWE.com

E-Hogg
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2003, 03:57:30 PM »

With any luck sky will sort out a new deal, to be fair i wouldn't have been paying to see it one way or the other, but its a shame the choice isn't even there now.

And royal rumble is the only worth while ppv....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #319 on: December 14, 2003, 06:29:55 PM »

guys i really feel for u all

a couple years ago or so wwe ad direct tv's deal expired and we missed armageddon,royale rumble no way out and they luckily signed a new deal in time for wrestlemania

u guys are in luck cause i am going at 8 to watch it, so ill post a review etc when i get home

i fully expect kane to win the belt tonight, wwe has a history of giving an up and comer the belt in december then he lose it *exception of jericho* couple years ago so i think its kane's turn, his gimmick is awesome he deserves it

i look for randy orton to win the IC belt tonight in what should be one hell of a spectacular match against RVD
tag team turmoil should be more than filler look for cade and jindrak to win it, they are doing great

batista vs HBK im partial to hbk but i think batista has to win unless stone cold were to come back and assist on a hbk victory which i would not rule out

the petition, stone cold getting time off for deer season mick foley but the guest referee, look for a surprise austin interference in this match

jericho/christian vs trish and lita, i dont understand this at all

booker t over mark henry

i cant think of any other matches on the card but it should be a very solid pay perview

here's a list of some of my made up possibilities tonight, i havent read any sites etc, these are my own rumors

scsa helping hbk win

HOW BOUT THIS Undertaker on raw!!!!! UT comes down with the dead man gimmick costs Kane the world title setting up their wrestlemania match!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: