Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 844549 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2480 on: October 12, 2005, 08:09:43 AM »

Is it true that the Road Warriors are back? Someone told me they seen the Legion of Doom on Smackdown. I haven't watched Smackdown in ages, but I still find this hard to believe. Who did Animal find to replace Hawk?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2481 on: October 12, 2005, 09:37:07 AM »

Is it true that the Road Warriors are back? Someone told me they seen the Legion of Doom on Smackdown. I haven't watched Smackdown in ages, but I still find this hard to believe. Who did Animal find to replace Hawk?
It is true...they are Tag champions....the replacement is the awful Heidenreich & Animal has a pot belly now...it's a joke really...an insult to the legacy

Evolution
« Reply #2482 on: October 12, 2005, 10:41:49 AM »

hihi
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2483 on: October 13, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »

Lance Storm posted the following on his Q & A board when asked about Jim Ross: "I think replacing JR is a HUGE mistake. No one sells excitement or emotion like JR. He is the best announcer in the history of this business. He knows how to get stuff over. WCW fired him once because they thought he was un-hip and too red neck, and that was a mistake. Fans don?t need to like, relate to, or even want to look at an announcer, they need to be able to hear him and he needs to be able to translate what we are seeing and no one does it better than JR. Good announcing can save a bad show and bad announcing can kill a great one. JR is priceless in my opinion."

Earlier today, Jim Ross has been hospitalized to undergo colon surgery. WWE.com will keep you posted if we get any more information.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2484 on: October 13, 2005, 07:13:26 PM »

From WWE.com:

Earlier today, Jim Ross underwent a medical procedure to his colon in hopes of alleviating pain he has been enduring for several weeks.

?They found something massive in my intestines,? said J.R. in a phone conversation with WWE.com. ?They don?t know what it is, but they will have to cut out part of my intestines.?

Ross? surgery is scheduled to take place next week in Oklahoma. As a result, he will be hospitalized for three to five days. WWE.com will have more information on J.R. as it becomes available.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2485 on: October 13, 2005, 07:39:31 PM »

Anyone think his firing was a work to get him time off to have this surgery and recovery time.....the timing of this all seems strangely coincidental
Evolution
« Reply #2486 on: October 13, 2005, 07:44:12 PM »

It really seems very unnessecary just for a wee while off for arse surgery. Oh well
Evolution
« Reply #2487 on: October 13, 2005, 08:57:36 PM »

Anyone catch the Annie parody promo by The Heart Throbs? Pretty humurous, in it they announced that Cade/Murdoch Vs Hurricane/Rosey Vs The Heart Throbs in a 3 way, sudden death tag title match tomorrow on HEAT
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2488 on: October 14, 2005, 06:44:57 PM »

Isn't JRs job at WWE Vice President of Talent or something like that?  I was under the impression that JR is one of the main guys under Vince at WWE and was finally getting tired of the road?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2489 on: October 14, 2005, 07:10:19 PM »

Isn't JRs job at WWE Vice President of Talent or something like that?? I was under the impression that JR is one of the main guys under Vince at WWE and was finally getting tired of the road?
The Talent Job went to Johnny Ace as he was getting a bit tired of things, that was his choice to step down from that, but commentary wise the dude wasn't ready to step down yet...
Evolution
« Reply #2490 on: October 15, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »

Another entertaining Smackdown.  hihi hihi hihi The Fucking Boogeyman. Oh jesus what an idiot. This gimmick has bomb written all over it but in the meantime goddamn it'll be fuckign funny  rofl

Btw wwe.com has announced Matt Hardy has "signed" to Smackdown and will be on the Peep Show next week
Evolution
« Reply #2491 on: October 15, 2005, 11:26:14 AM »

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2492 on: October 15, 2005, 11:41:36 AM »

Star Wars Invades Smackdown! Star Wars Invades Smackdown! hihi

Another entertaining show this week, some good and amusing debuts and we now have a damn good tag division on the show! Great stuff! People are even battling over the US Title and decent people at that....that title has regained a lot now.  My main complaint is why is Christian living in Jobbersville these days?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2493 on: October 15, 2005, 02:15:35 PM »

Wow, that's the first look I had of The Boogeyman.  He looks even dumber than I thought he would.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2494 on: October 15, 2005, 07:49:11 PM »

www.wwe.com

The Juniors Are Coming!
Oct. 15, 2005

In an unprecedented collaboration, network executive Palmer Canon and SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long announced today the introduction of a new WWE wrestling division exclusive to Friday Night SmackDown: The Juniors.

The Juniors Division will be comprised of world-class athletes at or below 5 feet tall. ?Midgets, dwarves, the little people; they?re all welcome,? said Long. ?We don?t discriminate against anybody on my show, as long as they can bring it.?

?The network believes there?s big ratings and big excitement in the new Juniors Division," Canon added. "I think fans will be shocked at what these tiny, but very talented, competitors can add to the already incredibly gifted roster here on Friday Night SmackDown.?

All im gonna say is that i'm not gonna knock it till i've tried it
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2495 on: October 15, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »

Well it might be horribal .

But should still be pretty fuckin enertaining.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2496 on: October 16, 2005, 12:24:49 AM »

Why put over the Cruiserwieght Division when you can have midgets instead?  They weigh even less than the CWs.  I'd so much rather have them bring back the Hardcore division than have them waste my time with midget wrestling.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2497 on: October 16, 2005, 09:07:03 AM »

Fucking Midgets! For fucks sake they're taking the piss now, they're slot could be used by the cruiserweights!

Let's take a look at midgets from the past....we'll go back in time to 1994, possibly one of the worst years for WWE, ratings wise anyway things were going downhill.....Survivor Series 1994 was the place.? Jerry Lawler had been feuding with Doink which was bad enough anyway.? Doink was once great, initially when he debuted and was an evil heel he was an awesome character but as a face he was pants! Jerry Lawler may of been a legend but at this stage of his career he was just going through the motions like Ric Flair has been doing for 10+ years.? So a match between them would be poor but WWE decided to add to the mix some little friends to make it awful.? It was a 4 on 4 Survivor Series Match Doink with his 3 little friends Dink, Wink & Pink vs. Jerry Lawler and his 3 midget friends Sleazy, Queasy & Cheesy.

In 1997 WWE was losing in the war to WCW so they had midgets again, they even graced the Ground Zero event Max Mini (who head several Raw matches) faced off against El Torito.

WWE has been this stupid for years though and they have nearly always featured in the worst matches, people haven't cared and their tenture has been short-lived even back at Wrestlemania III they were in action as Hillbilly Jim and his two little guys Little Beaver & The Haiti Kid faced King Kong Bundy and the midgets Lord Littlebrook & Little Tokyo.

More recently on RAW Viscera & Cloacus (midget) defeated The Heart Throbs & Pocket Rocket (midget).? The match sucked, it served no purpose they rarely did though...

Vince seems to have a love for them if they're not in crap matches it is crap angles.? Undertaker has tombstoned a midget version of himself while Shawn Michaels reanacted his match with Bret Hart with a midget version back in 1997 in the early D-X days (that was fairly amusing though....)

Fact is 99% them aren't good, people don't care, they take up time that should be used by talented under-utilised members of the roster, it's poor when Divas take your spot but how do guys like Paul London feel now knowing midgets are getting matches on Smackdown instead of him...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:52:42 AM by Mr. Kennedy » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2498 on: October 16, 2005, 11:13:13 AM »

Why put over the Cruiserwieght Division when you can have midgets instead?  They weigh even less than the CWs.  I'd so much rather have them bring back the Hardcore division than have them waste my time with midget wrestling.

They should create a Junior Heavyweight title on Smackdown and a Hardcore Division on RAW. Only cause im a Hardcore Title fan  hihi The JHY title would suck bad no doubt.

But like i say, im gonna give the division a chance at least
makane
Legend

« Reply #2499 on: October 16, 2005, 12:43:20 PM »

If the midgets start to appear constantly on SmackDown!, i will stop watching it. don't fucking care.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: