Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848278 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1660 on: December 17, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

WOW! That was one hell of an episode of Raw. I had been looking forward to Orton vs. Edge all week and I was a little dissapointed in the match overall. The tag-team rematch was one of the best matches Ive seen on Raw in the last couple of weeks, solid action throughout. The ending was a good surprise with Batista getting the pin count, and you could clearly see Triple H's dissapointment. The Snitsky filler crap was ok, seems like Snitsky vs Kane at Revolution seems likely. Didnt really pay much attention to the 3 man tag, perhaps Maven vs Shelton at Revolution? or mybe triple threat with Christian. What a huge announcement though concerning the title match for Revolution. Im hoping Batista doesnt turn babyface there, the writers still need to take it slow with his turn, however I think Triple H is going to reclaim it, leading to Randy reclaiming the gold at 'Mania 21. I cant even remember the last Chamber match I saw..what are the rules? is it like a streetfight/hardcore match?

You haven't been watching RAW very long have you?  Huh

RAW was utter shite this week.  I've never seen such a bad show, it was worse than Smackdown.  There were no really good matches, the only remotely good one was the tag with Benoit and HHH.  The filler was mostly crap.  that 6-man tag match Maven won was a crock of shit.  What really pissed me off though was the Foley angle with the arab men.  God that was fucking appalling, just fucking appalling WWE.  It's no wonder people dislike America when they see stuff like that.  I never thought I'd say this but I've lost some respect for Foley for that.  The only reason he was there was to sell a book and drum up support for an illegal war.  It really puts America over badly that sort of thing.  It's got no place in a wrestling ring (or Foley's island for that matter!).  By all means send wrestlers over to support the troops but don't spend 10 minutes on RAW waving the flag and telling me what a 'great' country America is.

On the Endge vs Orton match - can someone explain to me how Edge managed to sell that match as if he'd been put through 3 stages of Hell with the Undertaker, when the only half decent move he had on him was a dropkick?  It epitomised the downfall of the quality of wrestling in WWE.  There were two decent enough wrestlers but they didn't do anything.

Another thing I noticed was that all of a sudden it semms Irish Whips are the new piledriver.  How many times did JR have to build up 'another harrrd Irish whup' as if it's some sort of worthy finisher move??!   Shocked

I don't think I'll bother sitting through RAW again for a while.  I don't think I really wanna watch WWE at all at the moment, it's getting so horrendously bad.  no

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1661 on: December 17, 2004, 10:31:39 PM »

WOW! That was one hell of an episode of Raw. I had been looking forward to Orton vs. Edge all week and I was a little dissapointed in the match overall. The tag-team rematch was one of the best matches Ive seen on Raw in the last couple of weeks, solid action throughout. The ending was a good surprise with Batista getting the pin count, and you could clearly see Triple H's dissapointment. The Snitsky filler crap was ok, seems like Snitsky vs Kane at Revolution seems likely. Didnt really pay much attention to the 3 man tag, perhaps Maven vs Shelton at Revolution? or mybe triple threat with Christian. What a huge announcement though concerning the title match for Revolution. Im hoping Batista doesnt turn babyface there, the writers still need to take it slow with his turn, however I think Triple H is going to reclaim it, leading to Randy reclaiming the gold at 'Mania 21. I cant even remember the last Chamber match I saw..what are the rules? is it like a streetfight/hardcore match?

You haven't been watching RAW very long have you?? Huh

RAW was utter shite this week.? I've never seen such a bad show, it was worse than Smackdown.? There were no really good matches, the only remotely good one was the tag with Benoit and HHH.? The filler was mostly crap.? that 6-man tag match Maven won was a crock of shit.? What really pissed me off though was the Foley angle with the arab men.? God that was fucking appalling, just fucking appalling WWE.? It's no wonder people dislike America when they see stuff like that.? I never thought I'd say this but I've lost some respect for Foley for that.? The only reason he was there was to sell a book and drum up support for an illegal war.? It really puts America over badly that sort of thing.? It's got no place in a wrestling ring (or Foley's island for that matter!).? By all means send wrestlers over to support the troops but don't spend 10 minutes on RAW waving the flag and telling me what a 'great' country America is.

On the Endge vs Orton match - can someone explain to me how Edge managed to sell that match as if he'd been put through 3 stages of Hell with the Undertaker, when the only half decent move he had on him was a dropkick?? It epitomised the downfall of the quality of wrestling in WWE.? There were two decent enough wrestlers but they didn't do anything.

Another thing I noticed was that all of a sudden it semms Irish Whips are the new piledriver.? How many times did JR have to build up 'another harrrd Irish whup' as if it's some sort of worthy finisher move??!? ?Shocked

I don't think I'll bother sitting through RAW again for a while.? I don't think I really wanna watch WWE at all at the moment, it's getting so horrendously bad.? no

Actually Ive been watching Raw since 1997 when it was still Raw is War. Sure the 6-man tag was pretty lousy but it at least established a future Maven and Shelton feud. Yeah that whole Foley filler shit was pretty bad but I knew from the beggining when that Saddam Hessen dude was first being shown that this gimmick was gunna blow chunks. Ive always hated the pro-american crap the WWE seems to love but its an American company so what do you suspect? On a plus side though, Foley and Flair supposedly got into it for real or something backstage and had to get broken up. I noticed the Irish Whip thing to. I just think that the WWE is getting pretty unimaginative when it comes to moves but an Irish Whip is pretty cool if done nicely.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1662 on: December 18, 2004, 06:57:05 AM »

Smackdown was a million times better than Raw this week, the matches actually had quailty to them.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1663 on: December 18, 2004, 10:10:26 AM »

You haven't been watching RAW very long have you?? Huh

RAW was utter shite this week.? I've never seen such a bad show, it was worse than Smackdown.? There were no really good matches, the only remotely good one was the tag with Benoit and HHH.? The filler was mostly crap.? that 6-man tag match Maven won was a crock of shit.? What really pissed me off though was the Foley angle with the arab men.? God that was fucking appalling, just fucking appalling WWE.? It's no wonder people dislike America when they see stuff like that.? I never thought I'd say this but I've lost some respect for Foley for that.? The only reason he was there was to sell a book and drum up support for an illegal war.? It really puts America over badly that sort of thing.? It's got no place in a wrestling ring (or Foley's island for that matter!).? By all means send wrestlers over to support the troops but don't spend 10 minutes on RAW waving the flag and telling me what a 'great' country America is.

On the Endge vs Orton match - can someone explain to me how Edge managed to sell that match as if he'd been put through 3 stages of Hell with the Undertaker, when the only half decent move he had on him was a dropkick?? It epitomised the downfall of the quality of wrestling in WWE.? There were two decent enough wrestlers but they didn't do anything.

Another thing I noticed was that all of a sudden it semms Irish Whips are the new piledriver.? How many times did JR have to build up 'another harrrd Irish whup' as if it's some sort of worthy finisher move??!? ?Shocked

I don't think I'll bother sitting through RAW again for a while.? I don't think I really wanna watch WWE at all at the moment, it's getting so horrendously bad.? no

Edge vs Randy Orton was the worst match those 2 have had between them but still it was not to bad the last few minutes were very good, unfortunately it started off much to slowly and had few 'high' spots.  The Batista/HHH vs Jericho/Benoit Tag Match was just regular really nothing special, it was not bad but it wasn't anything to write home about either.  I did like a lot of the skits/promo's.  Christian/Foley/Eugene backstage was good although short no matter where it is or who with Christian is consistently a master when cutting promo's or having backstage conversations the guy is pure comedy, he needs to ditch Tyson Tomko though because when those 2 are paired together it just brings down the tag matches they are in, talking about the tag what was with those pink trunks Maven had?  I thought they were trying to make him into a heel, a bit of a bad-ass, not the latest gay character.  Lita when she came out this week actually sounded half competent on the microphone and her little thing with Gene Sinisky was good by her standards, but what is with Christy Hemme and those other women they have no place no part on RAW fire them all!!  My most enjoyable moment of RAW was the Mick Foley/Muhammad Hassan bit.  Firstly Foley bored me as he does all the time these days but the reason i enjoyed it soo much was Muhammad Hassan  showed in those few minutes how great he is on the mic his promo was wonderful i loved it and i just pray he can wrestle to and before anyone starts complaining about the subject matter remember this is entertainment, TV, just as films/programmes have serious real to life storylines with bad guys so does WWE, people need to remember it's not just sport anymore it's more of a soap than sport.  I also loved HHH showing how desperately he needs the title, the way he begged Bischoff was class, i may be sick of him having the title but he's a believable champion he is great at convincing you that title is his life!  As for complaining about the lack of 'cool' moves like piledrivers, WWE has stopped them for goddamn safety, you may love to see these crazy moves but for what they are it ain't worth risking careers.  Droz is in a wheelchair because of the move & 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin would probably still be able to wrestle but for the Tombstone Piledriver by the lateOwen Hart on him.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #1664 on: December 18, 2004, 11:41:34 AM »

As for complaining about the lack of 'cool' moves like piledrivers, WWE has stopped them for goddamn safety, you may love to see these crazy moves but for what they are it ain't worth risking careers.  Droz is in a wheelchair because of the move & 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin would probably still be able to wrestle but for the Tombstone Piledriver by the lateOwen Hart on him.

Owen didnt do a regular old tombstone piledriver on Austin. It was this japanese wrestlers move called a TTD (tenzan tombstone driver or wateva), which was way more dangerous, basically to describe it its the tombstone pile driver position..........except jumping as if it were a normal pile driver. i dunno what owen was thinking to pull that move off, because it was a move that should of stayed out of the wwf and left it for the pros in japan who were crazy enough to do that stuff without killing themselves.

And droz got fucked from a powerbomb when dee lo brown slipped on coke or wateva that had been thrown from the crowd on the mat (earlier) slipped on the way while pulling droz up and it ended in a disaster.

i used to watch wrestling all the time like 3 years ago but i lost cable and never bothered keepin up with it. from what i saw at my freinds house (who had cable) it was going down hill so i dont think i was missing much.

the only wrestling i watch now is tapes i get from japan. fuck they're pros over there. really talented. i hate it when they come to the wwe and get fucked over like taka michinoku and co. they were gods over in japan.

yeah the wwe has its "acting" and its "storylines" but in terms of actual wrestling, it honestly sucks. the matches are boring.

i used to watch wwe to have a laugh at the rocks new catch phrase, and watch japanese wrestling to be amazed. now i dont really bother with the wwe.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1665 on: December 18, 2004, 12:06:15 PM »

As for complaining about the lack of 'cool' moves like piledrivers, WWE has stopped them for goddamn safety, you may love to see these crazy moves but for what they are it ain't worth risking careers.? Droz is in a wheelchair because of the move & 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin would probably still be able to wrestle but for the Tombstone Piledriver by the lateOwen Hart on him.
And droz got fucked from a powerbomb when dee lo brown slipped on coke or wateva that had been thrown from the crowd on the mat (earlier) slipped on the way while pulling droz up and it ended in a disaster.
My mistake i heard it was a running piledriver, since it wasn't televised i could only go off what i read anyway i know how good Japan is i love watching it on TWC here in the UK i just want storylines as well for entertainment value which WWE presents it's just well not that good these days, anyway the fact remains moves like piledrivers have been cut down on for safety's sake and to help prolong the careers of it's wrestlers!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #1666 on: December 18, 2004, 09:33:13 PM »

actually it would probably be better that way. wwe would be sued for negligence big time otherwise.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1667 on: December 19, 2004, 06:57:53 AM »

actually it would probably be better that way. wwe would be sued for negligence big time otherwise.

I agree as well, but WWE should cover the fact up that they can't allow dangerous moves by having matches like HIAC and barbed wire matches as Heyman suggested. That way it would still look violent and dangerous but they aren't likey to die unless they hurl themselves off of the top of the cage.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1668 on: December 19, 2004, 08:18:23 AM »

I agree as well, but WWE should cover the fact up that they can't allow dangerous moves by having matches like HIAC and barbed wire matches as Heyman suggested. That way it would still look violent and dangerous but they aren't likey to die unless they hurl themselves off of the top of the cage.
That would be great havin' more of these matches but i think you could get to a point where it would be overkill, i remember when Diesel knocked Bret Hart through the announce table at the '95 Survivor Series the fans were like 'fuck...wow'.  It's been done so many times it fails to have the big effect.  I believe WWE saves many of these matches because then when they happen they seem bigger and also when you have crazy ass bumps which people do expect from these matches it once again shortens careers.  I like the idea of some barbed wire matches though, something different.  I've heard rumours of an ECW PPV so it's possible, if they brought in matches like this they could push former ECW stars and bring back the Hardcore Title e.g. Tommy Dreamer vs Rob Van Dam vs Tajiri vs Spike Dudley in a Fatal 4 Way Barbwire Ladder Match of Death something like that would certainly get fans attention and if matches for the Hardcore Title were like this the belt would gain loads of popularity again.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1669 on: December 19, 2004, 09:51:58 AM »

I know what yas mean..And yes it would be awsome to see..bu think of the careers that have been shortened doing this stuff...Stone Cold,Mick Foley,Kurt Angle,Chris Benoit,Bret Hart..They've gotta be careful what there doing...They did all that high risk stuff back then because they were challenging WCW..They had to stay one step ahead of them...

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #1670 on: December 19, 2004, 09:57:14 AM »

i dunno if the wwe would be able to get away with a hardcore match. i mean like that mankind vs undertaker or mankind vs the rock. he took some massive bumps. some of them were completely unsafe by standards of wwe today.

barbwire would be good cuz it wouldn't cause injury at all (i mean injuries that would fuck up a career). and it would be entertaining for the crowd still (well until the gimmick wears off).

put those ecw guys together in a hardcore match and just let them go nuts and that'd be a sure fire way to make an exciting match, or end a career either way. ok

but eventually hardcore matches would get boring if overused like stoned said.

i think the biggest problem are the matches without any gimmick. they're as boring as hell. i'd rather watch paint dry. they need to find some damn talent (they're not running short of people with talent on the mic though) and actually give the talented guys a big push.

does anyone remember the glory days of wcw (before it started trying to be the wwf) where it ran for 3 hours. and the 1st hour was nothing but the lightweights? they sure as hell put on a good show without any barbwire or whatever.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1671 on: December 19, 2004, 11:15:27 AM »

does anyone remember the glory days of wcw (before it started trying to be the wwf) where it ran for 3 hours. and the 1st hour was nothing but the lightweights? they sure as hell put on a good show without any barbwire or whatever.
Yeah well the X-Division in TNA now has outstanding cruiserweight/lightweight wrestles and is damn entertaining to watch, WWE has the talent but just doesn't push them, Paul London is amazing but never gets pushed i mean even Funaki gets more of a push.? Speaking of boring not only have WWE killed Rob Van Dam's career they've done the same to Rey Mysterio.? There was a time in WWF/E when i got excited watching RVD round about the INVASION time his matches were never 'as' good but still him and Jeff Hardy had some half decent ones i remember when he game he a Van Daminator and also when he ambushed Matt Hardy backstage and battered him.? Turn RVD heel have him start an ECW revolution w/ Paul Heyman first he takes out his tag partner Rey Mysterio, then Eddie Guerrero take out more roster members with the help of The Dudley Boyz.? Then have 'Taker come down take them all out before he is ambushed by The Sandman [hire him for awhile], Tommy Dreamer, Tajiri & Nunzio.? Have them all standing tall over 'Taker have them take over Smackdown imagine if Smackdown was Cruiserweight/ECW orientated.

Edit: Get Foley out of retirement as Cactus Jack + convince Sabu & Jerry Lynn to join and that they will be utilized properly
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 11:18:35 AM by Stoned » Logged
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #1672 on: December 19, 2004, 11:55:18 AM »

Yeah well the X-Division in TNA now has outstanding cruiserweight/lightweight wrestles and is damn entertaining to watch, WWE has the talent but just doesn't push them, Paul London is amazing but never gets pushed i mean even Funaki gets more of a push.  Speaking of boring not only have WWE killed Rob Van Dam's career they've done the same to Rey Mysterio.  There was a time in WWF/E when i got excited watching RVD round about the INVASION time his matches were never 'as' good but still him and Jeff Hardy had some half decent ones i remember when he game he a Van Daminator and also when he ambushed Matt Hardy backstage and battered him.  Turn RVD heel have him start an ECW revolution w/ Paul Heyman first he takes out his tag partner Rey Mysterio, then Eddie Guerrero take out more roster members with the help of The Dudley Boyz.  Then have 'Taker come down take them all out before he is ambushed by The Sandman [hire him for awhile], Tommy Dreamer, Tajiri & Nunzio.  Have them all standing tall over 'Taker have them take over Smackdown imagine if Smackdown was Cruiserweight/ECW orientated.

Edit: Get Foley out of retirement as Cactus Jack + convince Sabu & Jerry Lynn to join and that they will be utilized properly

i've heard nothing but good things about TNA, never really watched it nor had the chance to (i dont think cable even gets it here in Australia).

I remember with the invasion RVD was massive, it was time to push him further, and then wtf they just left him and he did like midrange matches for hardcore championship or whatever.

WCW put rey mysterio to good use, i remember when he had a feud with Kevin Nash (when the wolf pack were massive) and he actually beat him in a match and got a massive push and became more involved in wcw with the unmasking too.

instead WWE has a habit of pushing the old guys and wasting the young talent. the older wrestlers should know when its time to hang up the boots and pass on the torch to the young guys and lose some matches to push the younger guys.

the only good thing WWE has done was push eddie guererro. fuck he actually got to be world champion i thought it was brilliant.

oh and stoned with an idea like that you should be head writer for the WWE cuz that would kick ass for that to happen. ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1673 on: December 19, 2004, 12:47:15 PM »

Yeah well the X-Division in TNA now has outstanding cruiserweight/lightweight wrestles and is damn entertaining to watch, WWE has the talent but just doesn't push them, Paul London is amazing but never gets pushed i mean even Funaki gets more of a push.? Speaking of boring not only have WWE killed Rob Van Dam's career they've done the same to Rey Mysterio.? There was a time in WWF/E when i got excited watching RVD round about the INVASION time his matches were never 'as' good but still him and Jeff Hardy had some half decent ones i remember when he game he a Van Daminator and also when he ambushed Matt Hardy backstage and battered him.? Turn RVD heel have him start an ECW revolution w/ Paul Heyman first he takes out his tag partner Rey Mysterio, then Eddie Guerrero take out more roster members with the help of The Dudley Boyz.? Then have 'Taker come down take them all out before he is ambushed by The Sandman [hire him for awhile], Tommy Dreamer, Tajiri & Nunzio.? Have them all standing tall over 'Taker have them take over Smackdown imagine if Smackdown was Cruiserweight/ECW orientated.

i've heard nothing but good things about TNA, never really watched it nor had the chance to (i dont think cable even gets it here in Australia).

I remember with the invasion RVD was massive, it was time to push him further, and then wtf they just left him and he did like midrange matches for hardcore championship or whatever.

WCW put rey mysterio to good use, i remember when he had a feud with Kevin Nash (when the wolf pack were massive) and he actually beat him in a match and got a massive push and became more involved in wcw with the unmasking too.

instead WWE has a habit of pushing the old guys and wasting the young talent. the older wrestlers should know when its time to hang up the boots and pass on the torch to the young guys and lose some matches to push the younger guys.

the only good thing WWE has done was push eddie guererro. fuck he actually got to be world champion i thought it was brilliant.

oh and stoned with an idea like that you should be head writer for the WWE cuz that would kick ass for that to happen. ok
The really annoying thing is it is possible.  Hoping for a GN'R reunion is fantasy but the idea i have Vince and his guys could carry it out no problem, pay Foley enough he'd jump back in the ring and all the other ex-ECW stars would love it to there is nothing stopping this apart from Vince, who 'genius' that people think he is, is very prone to mistakes, business is down er...let's push the big men....Matt Morgan, Giant Gonzalez, Vader, Heindenreich, Sniztky, Isaac Yankem, Fake Diesel, Jesus, Chuck Palumbo, Viscera, A-Train, Big Show, Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, The Barbarian, The Warlord, Lex Luger etc. the list goes on it's all he ever does.  Very few big men are successful and the ones who are, they are because of the gimmick, Kane had a great one, Undertaker also, JBL's is wonderful at the moment to but even these 3 guys share the inability to wrestle well.  The good matches big guys have are down to a combination of gimmick matches or if they have a guy who can carry them.  Anybody remember HBK vs 'Taker Hell In A Cell....fantastic match because of what HBK did, same with Mankind's match with him....i'd love to see 'Taker fly off the cell.  Also Kurt Angle a few years back actually carried Hogan to an excellent match.  I mean Smackdown are gonna have a JBL vs Big Show feud....how about having a battle royal on Smackdown and the winner gets a title shot, have Paul London get battered throughout by the big guys, then at the end Eddie/Booker T eliminate Big Show then fight each other, London runs over and knocks them out.  So at the Rumble have him defend his title against Paul London in a TLC Title match [e.g. Belt is strapped high above as in Ladder Match] now have him come close to winning, take the sick bumps he can, and in a majorly sick bump have him get taken out by JBL who retains.  By doing this you have a great match, an under utilised star is recognised as at least a decent mid-carder [without being pushed too much e.g. him actually winning], give him a few months off have him return and fight at a decent level of the card.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1674 on: December 19, 2004, 02:34:01 PM »

I've heard rumours of an ECW PPV so it's possible, if they brought in matches like this they could push former ECW stars and bring back the Hardcore Title e.g. Tommy Dreamer vs Rob Van Dam vs Tajiri vs Spike Dudley in a Fatal 4 Way Barbwire Ladder Match of Death something like that would certainly get fans attention and if matches for the Hardcore Title were like this the belt would gain loads of popularity again.

Those rumors of a future ECW people are pretty much set in stone now. The PPV is tentatively scheduled for June 6 this year at the arena where ECW housed their last 2 PPVs (the name escapes me since Ive never followed ECW). No word on how involved if at all Paul Heymen or Tommy Dreamer will be in the event, if not I think the PPV will flop.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1675 on: December 19, 2004, 03:12:27 PM »

I've heard rumours of an ECW PPV so it's possible, if they brought in matches like this they could push former ECW stars and bring back the Hardcore Title e.g. Tommy Dreamer vs Rob Van Dam vs Tajiri vs Spike Dudley in a Fatal 4 Way Barbwire Ladder Match of Death something like that would certainly get fans attention and if matches for the Hardcore Title were like this the belt would gain loads of popularity again.

Those rumors of a future ECW people are pretty much set in stone now. The PPV is tentatively scheduled for June 6 this year at the arena where ECW housed their last 2 PPVs (the name escapes me since Ive never followed ECW). No word on how involved if at all Paul Heymen or Tommy Dreamer will be in the event, if not I think the PPV will flop.
Vince does not have the vision to do a good ECW PPV, it will have WWE written all over it.  The only way it would work is if he sayed 'Hey Paul, you did a great job in ECW, you know what the fans want, forget about toning it down, forget about the censors do want you feel will work, get the guys you need and make me a load of money go prove you still got it'Vince though would never give him that much control so it will...well....probably suck.  I can see it now a Table Match, a Ladder Match, a Tag Team Table Match, a Hardcore Match [where the weapons don't go beyond Chairs & Trash Cans] and for the main event an Inferno Match [the shittest of all WWE matches aside from......a Buried Alive match which could also be on the shit PPV].  All these events have been done to death Table matches suck now, Ladder has potential providing the right guys are used but it's still becoming stale and the best Ladder Match WWE ever had was the first HBK vs Razor Ramon back at Wrestlemania X
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1676 on: December 19, 2004, 04:51:27 PM »

Vince does not have the vision to do a good ECW PPV, it will have WWE written all over it.  The only way it would work is if he sayed 'Hey Paul, you did a great job in ECW, you know what the fans want, forget about toning it down, forget about the censors do want you feel will work, get the guys you need and make me a load of money go prove you still got it'Vince though would never give him that much control so it will...well....probably suck.  I can see it now a Table Match, a Ladder Match, a Tag Team Table Match, a Hardcore Match [where the weapons don't go beyond Chairs & Trash Cans] and for the main event an Inferno Match [the shittest of all WWE matches aside from......a Buried Alive match which could also be on the shit PPV].  All these events have been done to death Table matches suck now, Ladder has potential providing the right guys are used but it's still becoming stale and the best Ladder Match WWE ever had was the first HBK vs Razor Ramon back at Wrestlemania X

If WWE did go ahead with an ECW PPV they should have some sick bumps around the ring area infront of the crowd and not some pre-recorded stunt backstage. A powerbomb through a table (as long as it is live infront of the crowd) will always be more wowing than a pre-recordered car accident backstage. WWE need to realise that they need to catch the crowd's interest with in-your-face carnage before the crowd get bored. The best pre-recorded bump I can think of produced by the WWE was Stone Cold Steve Austin getting run over, stunt man or not it was still good.   

At the end of the day WWE needs to get its own good PPVs before trying to recreate ECW ones.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1677 on: December 20, 2004, 09:34:56 AM »

Raw should be interesting tonight..Wonder what will happen with HHH and Batista..Also Kane and Michelas should be making there returns soon..And i wonder if Foley will be on tonight

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1678 on: December 20, 2004, 10:50:42 AM »

Raw should be interesting tonight..Wonder what will happen with HHH and Batista..Also Kane and Michelas should be making there returns soon..And i wonder if Foley will be on tonight
Nah...it's the 'Best Of 2004' show tonight, just highlights and stuff Wink
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1679 on: December 20, 2004, 02:08:53 PM »

Nah...it's the 'Best Of 2004' show tonight, just highlights and stuff Wink

Oh ya lol....Shit o forgot abiout that..Sry lol

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: