Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:13:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 762723 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #14420 on: January 07, 2010, 05:59:24 AM »

Is TNA going to keep airing live on Mondays, or was that just a one-time thing?

Here Today . . .
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14421 on: January 07, 2010, 06:09:31 AM »

Is TNA going to keep airing live on Mondays, or was that just a one-time thing?

For now, it was a one time thing.

Spike has said they want to see what happens in the ratings.  If they were "good", they'd consider doing it once a month.  If it was "really good" they'd consider moving to Monday's permanently "at some point".

But as of next week: Back to Thursdays.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14422 on: January 07, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »

^^ TNA's ratings were its highest ever on Monday

RAW was HORRIBLE!!!! Bret is what they needed but they screwed that up bad.... The Michaels angle sucked... Why did his music not hit when he came out for Vince?? Not that it would have mattered, that was the worst crowd in history...

Plus all of the everyday stuff is the worst its ever been... Pretty bad when you brand new champ gets pushed back to hour #2...

This is why I stopped watching long ago, and sorry Bret, you wont get me to watch another show
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14423 on: January 07, 2010, 01:00:43 PM »

Yeah, a 1.5 (about 50% more than it's usual Thursday, unopposed rating) is pretty darn good, IMHO.  It'll be interesting to see what tonight's replay does, and what NEXT weeks show does.  See if they hooked some new audience.

I watched RAW via DVR last night.  I agree.  The Hart segments were somewhat interesting.  The ring work was typical RAW fare...and so was most of the other content.

I'll skip RAW this week (too much other good TV on Monday night for me), but will DEFINITELY watch TNA next Thursday....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14424 on: January 07, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »

that was the worst crowd in history...

Really?? I thought the crowd were pretty good, considering it would be full of kids who weren't even born when Bret was last on WWE TV.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14425 on: January 07, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »

Why did Bret's theme music change?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14426 on: January 07, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »

Why did Bret's theme music change?

TO KEEP DOWN WITH TEH KIDZ~!....

I don't really know TBH, at least it was fairly similar to the original version. For a second, I thought he was using The Hart Dynasty's music.... nervous

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14427 on: January 07, 2010, 03:07:45 PM »

that was the worst crowd in history...

Really?? I thought the crowd were pretty good, considering it would be full of kids who weren't even born when Bret was last on WWE TV.

That was probably part of the problem.... They cheered louder all night, than for Bret... I'm sure almost any other city would have had its roof blown off
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14428 on: January 08, 2010, 05:49:02 AM »

HearingBret Hart read bullshit scripted WWE line's sickened and saddened me.. the greats dont read scripts. Bret Hart never did that shit in his career. so it came off like an angle and not real.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #14429 on: January 08, 2010, 06:20:28 AM »

HearingBret Hart read bullshit scripted WWE line's sickened and saddened me.. the greats dont read scripts. Bret Hart never did that shit in his career. so it came off like an angle and not real.

pretty sure Bret would not have said anything that he didn't really WANT to say.  I am pretty sure he had final say in what he was going to say.  Michaels came off as more of a dick than I would have thought, it would have been nice to see Michaels a little remorseful ( although I dont think he or Vince did anything wrong in 1997.  Bret wanting to devalue the belt by forfeiting it the next night on Raw and moving on to the competitions show is ludicrous.)  Caught a little bit of TNA, that show still does nothing for me, and I have tried so hard to get into it.  As stale as the WWE product is, it is hard to get into a show where you have guys like Samoa Joe waddling around.  Ric Flair continues to embarrass himself, Scott Hall looks horrible, and Waltman is well, Waltman.  Hulk Hogan is Hulk Hogan though and anything he does I will be interested in, but if this turns into recycling storylines form WCW circa 1997 you can count me out.  Jeff Hardy was a nice surprise though.  WWE like always has ALL the young talent in the wrestling business and are the only ones turning out NEW stars.(sound familiar?)  WWE has John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Sheamus, The Miz, The Hart Dynasty, John Cena, some of them are the FUTURE of the Wrestling business.  Eventually the day is going to come where you are not going to be able to wheel  out (literally)  old WWE talent and try to pass it off as something new and different.  I am all for nostalgia, and that is why the Michaels/Hart handshake/hug is one of the greatest things I have ever seen in a wrestling ring.  That moment trounced anything TNA wanted to do that night.  And whoever said the crowd sucked for Raw is 100 percent right...they were nowhere near as enthusiastic as they should have been but that also has to to with the young fan base not remembering 1997.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #14430 on: February 04, 2010, 11:47:30 PM »

Got to say Bastita trying to sell beating up Bret looked very very fake. I am all about a Bret fued with someone but god if he can't make it look real and take it then dont do a half ass act.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14431 on: February 05, 2010, 03:48:23 PM »

Got to say Bastita trying to sell beating up Bret looked very very fake. I am all about a Bret fued with someone but god if he can't make it look real and take it then dont do a half ass act.

Yeah Bret so far has been quite the dud, and I dont blame him.... The first raw I watched all 2 hours (first time in 7 years, I learned my lesson last week and only watched the end... It seemed like the same exact show except Batista coming out...

So is Bret actually gonna wrestle or what?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #14432 on: February 05, 2010, 04:16:01 PM »

Yeah Bret so far has been quite the dud, and I dont blame him.... The first raw I watched all 2 hours (first time in 7 years, I learned my lesson last week and only watched the end... It seemed like the same exact show except Batista coming out...

So is Bret actually gonna wrestle or what?

thats cause Bret has ALWAYS been a dud..he has NO charisma.  THe most interesting thing that ever happened to his character was the Montreal screwjob and that was real!  I like Bret Hart, I repect him, but he is a very bland performer.  I thought the promo Vince cut last week about Bret having no charisma and constantly being carried by guys like Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold was pretty accurate.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14433 on: February 11, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »

Bret Hart was never supposed to be a "comic book" wrestling character.  He was a skilled technician who's matches were extremely exciting to watch.  The matches he had with Davey Boy Smith and Curt Hennig during their IC Title days were amazing.  The made you actually feel something even if the shit was staged.  They actually made the shit look real as to the chumps and boners they have in there today.  His persona was always to be a wrestler..not entertain with hijinks or be a canadian patriot or anything like that.  Bret was very popular up until his heel change that they came up with.

Give me Bret vs. Owen, Bret vs. Davey Boy anyday over the shit on there now. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #14434 on: February 22, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »

Scary Shit for Taker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay8HqvRpR6I&feature=player_embedded

I didnt watch but I guess the refs were bringing him water throughout the match and he was clearly pissed at whoever goofed that pyro up...dangerous stuff...what a professional though
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:13:45 AM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14435 on: February 22, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »

Someones getting fired...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14436 on: February 22, 2010, 12:09:22 PM »

Someones getting fired...

Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #14437 on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »

I gotta say I really think WWE is about to get more interesting...There was alot of back and forth and suprises last night in the ppv and Raw looks good with Vince and Cena right now...and havin Bret back and TNA as competition...Heres to hoping anyways

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14438 on: February 23, 2010, 10:47:49 AM »

Will Taker' vs. HBK live up to last year is the question.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14439 on: February 23, 2010, 11:19:04 AM »

You got that pun right? hihi
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »