Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 01:03:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 766121 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14280 on: June 16, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »

Those recaps are painful

We just saw what happened, why have to set through it again after the commercial

Are they still showing Vince getting kicked in the head 43719247412279217904217214 times an episode?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14281 on: June 16, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »

One of my favorite wrestlers/announcers,TAZ, takes questions on his Facebook. He has a ton of fans so he can't get to all of the questions. Anyway, I finally got him to talk about GNR/Chinese Democracy. Again, remember, he has thousands of fans and gets tons of questions so he can't give long answers.

Taz,I am gonna keep asking what do you think of Chinese Democracy by Guns N Roses until you answer it. I always read you were a rock guy so I'm guessing you have this album!

Human Suplex Machine Taz replied to your post4 hours ago
Dude I love GNR but dont like Chinese Democracy

Taz

Ha! Thanks for answering Taz. What is your favorite of the old material? I love Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 and Appetite for Destruction. Oh who am I kidding, I love The Spaghetti Incident, GNR Lies,Live Era 87-93 as well.I think ChiDem takes many listens to get into since there is no song that grabs you right away, like Sweet Child O' Mine,Paradise City,November Rain. Well,in case you wanna know what is going on with Guns right now-apparently nothing.No tour, videos, interviews.Basically,Axl is being Axl. Well,it was good talking GNR with ya, must be nice to talk with fans about something other than wrestling once in a while

Human Suplex Machine Taz replied to your post3 hours ago
yes! My favorite GNR song is "My Michelle"....very cool song! But I am a HUGE Led Zep fan more than GNR!!

My Michelle is a classic! Led Zep huh? With your connections, I'd think you would have been able to make it to the reunion back in December 07 in London. You couldn't swing it or were you working? Gn'R is my Led Zep,Taz.

Human Suplex Machine Taz replied to your post3 hours ago
was working...GNR is very cool very many years

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=93...13335#post39677

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14282 on: June 16, 2009, 08:19:28 PM »

LOL Rancid

like Taz is that big enough of a star to get backstage at a LZ concert! LOL

he ain't Hulk Hogan or The Rock and i bet they'd have problems getting back there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14283 on: June 16, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »

LOL Rancid

like Taz is that big enough of a star to get backstage at a LZ concert! LOL

he ain't Hulk Hogan or The Rock and i bet they'd have problems getting back there.

Nahh,Hogan and Rock could easily. Taz would have the connections at least to get tickets. Remember how hard tix were to get for this. So, just from working for the E, Taz would have made enough industry connections to get backstage/comp tix easily. These guys network like you wouldn't believe. Taz could just go to Vince who would easily have a high up record industry contact. As TAZ said he was working. If Marilyn Manson/Twiggy,got in, Taz could as well.It's all about who you know. The funny thing is these guys are multi millionaires and they still get comp tix.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:15:20 PM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14284 on: June 17, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »

in TV i've always believed its better to have no ideas than good ideas you waste (because of the resulatnt disappointment)

Why would Vince ''sell'' Raw? (and how would u sell part of your company and yet still have it as part of your company? - i know the whole ''franchise'' thing isnt something that us Brits do...)

Anyway - what they SHOULD have done is had Trump ''buy'' Smackdown (the weaker brand...)

Bring in Bischoff (onscreen only - not creative) and have Friday Nitro - Smackdown breaks away as WCW (they have the WCW belt there after all!, we already have WWE ECW, why not WWE WCW?)

Then you would have two different shows competing with their different styles. Explain ''WWE'' as just the banner very much in the same way a ''franchise'' works - the HQ has all the trademarks while the individuals branches do their own thing

...what we have now is just ANOTHER Raw GM - changes nothing, so its Trump instead of Vickie - the difference being??

As Raw vs Nitro we could really play on the two owners fighting - instead of drafts we could have them ''stealing'' talent with more lucrative contracts

Smackdown aka WCW could have its NWO vs Raw's DX (or Legacy confused)

This is such a lazy idea - why would Vince sell Raw anyway?!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #14285 on: June 17, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »

This is such a lazy idea - why would Vince sell Raw anyway?!
Apparently he's getting too old, and in this stage in his career he can't handle it so he decided to "sell" it to someone who is the exact same age.  Tongue

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14286 on: June 17, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »

Genetic Jackhammer.  Now THAT was an excuse.

Considering how well the ECW Rise & Fall DVD sold, and its popularity led to the "Rebirth" (I use the term loosely) of ECW, with a WCW Rise & Fall DVD on the way, monday night I briefly hoped and prayed the person taking over would be....WCW related.  That someone would rebrand RAW...Nitro....anything.  Boy was I gutted.

And it could be possible...

John "Ace" Laurinaitis, WWE's Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, recently went to the creative team with a list of former WCW wrestlers to see if there was any possible interest, reports www.f4wonline.com. Laurinaitis is quite familiar with talent from the dying days of World Championship Wrestling as he joined the promotion in the summer of 2000 as a booker, carrying the role until the company was sold to the World Wrestling Federation in March 2001. Among those still actively wrestling (and not already under contract to WWE or under contract to TNA) from the 2001 roster include Buff Bagwell, Mark Jindrak, Shawn Stasiak, Chuck Palumbo, Shannon Moore, Kaz Hayashi and Sid Vicious.

Shannon Moore was backstage visiting at RAW last night since he lives in North Carolina, and there was some interest in Buff Bagwell a few years back but he never got the call. Bagwell showed up at a WWE event a few years ago with a friend who had an extra ticket. He sat in the crowd wearing a baseball cap down pretty low in an effort not to be recognized, but ended up with fans lining up in the crowd for autographs. He was then approached by Laurinaitis and invited backstage. Laurinaitis said that he might have something for Bagwell, but never called him back.

Regarding Sid, he surprisingly wrestles pretty much like he did just prior to his leg injury in 2001, but indicated to Luarinatis last year that he might not be able to pass a WWE Wellness test.

Take those wrestlers.  Have Flair and Bischoff in roles.  And don't try and say Goldberg wouldn't want to know, money talks, pay him enough, he'd come.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14287 on: June 17, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »

Indeed - selling Raw is just daft, should have been Smackdown

Selling Raw really narrows down what they can do - Vince cares more about RAW being the longest running show ever than its quality

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14288 on: June 17, 2009, 06:12:33 PM »

You think Smackdown is the weakest brand? Have you even watched it since the Draft? Its been the best & most consistent 2 hour show. Punk, Mysterio, Jericho, Hardy, Edge, Morrison, Benjamin & Ziggler have all been fantastic.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14289 on: June 17, 2009, 07:46:53 PM »

Ziggler......fantastic.
Winner!

If he is not competing in a Punjabi Prison Match at The Bash... I Riot!

The Smackdown name is still weak though, not the show but the name itself, its associated with being the "B-Brand" so it needs rebranding if its ever to create interest,  Obviously merely calling it WCW and tweaking it isn't enough since WCW is seen as being inferior.  It does show how in many cases its all in a name.  Smackdown is hurt by not having the big names (...who suck, I need not list them), being seen as less important, being taped and I "think" its not available in America to as many homes (or so I read) as RAW.

It is tricky though, with how to change things, as cool as a war with WCW sounds, most are old now and would stink up the show and it is counter productive with the young talent plan.  I mean a WCW vs WWE war would become (considering who's available)....

Goldberg, Sid, Mysterio, Jericho, Bagwell vs. Triple H, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy.

Long term we need stuff we haven't thought of, stables we have never dreamed, storylines we couldn't imagine, a fresh prespective, a show where you don't have an in-ring promo to began and lay out every episode.  The late 90s were so good because they took a stale product and turned it inside out and did stuff we had never seen before.  I grew up watching wrestling and HBK and Razor Ramon blew my mind, that was crazy for its time.  Come the Attitude Era you have more stables than you can shake a stick at, tables, ladders and chairs (oh my!) and Mae Young giving birth to Mark Henry's....er...love hand.  I think one thing that kills it for us is we are getting a diluted version of what we have already seen, be it TNA or WWE nobody is tredding new ground.  So you can watch the shows, and some are ok, some good and some awful, you see some decent matches, and "Solid" storylines, but when was the last time you really thought "Holy Shit!".  (Best I've got past few years was 'Taker vs HBK, that match was out of place it was a 5 star match in a 3 star product)  If you get a truly great product you roll with it, the good and the bad because the show overall is to captivating (I'm kinda like that with WCW reruns).
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14290 on: June 17, 2009, 08:39:19 PM »

Maybe there is just no new ground for wrestling to tread, I can't possibly think of anything that would captivate so many people like the Attitude era or Monday Night Wars and I can't ever foresee another boom period really. Which is also one of the reasons TNA won't surpass WWE, the audience just isn't there any more.

p.s the Championship Scramble matches are coming back at The Bash, I really love the concept and never understood how it got such negative reviews. Sure 3 is an overkill but atleast it adds to the ECW titles prestige of being a major championship (rather than being treated like the IC title).

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14291 on: June 18, 2009, 06:06:23 AM »

Having NEVER seen ECW or Japanese Deathmatch stuff when the Attitude Era kicked off, it was stuff beyond my imagination.  I just wish/hope there is:

a) Something out there we haven't imagined that they can present (it is their job), to revolutionize the business or

b) They go old school and cut back on backstage segments/in-ring promos.  I stand by WCW 1996 as a product which can be gripping yet keep within the close depths of realism.

I do realise though I watch things now through "older" eyes.  I wonder if I was ten years older how I would have taken the Attitude Era.

As for Scramble matches, from what I remember last time out of the 3 only the Smackdown one was a good match.  A nice concept but they just overdid it, the RAW one, minus the end was a snoozefest from what I remember.  Although maybe they have learned their lesson, the RAW Title match is stated to remain whatever the result on monday, and it is a good tool for the ECW Brand, gets a fair few of them on television, one on the show is all good.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #14292 on: June 18, 2009, 03:51:15 PM »

To me there is alot they can do to freshen up there product.

I know they are anti blood, but why not make the ECW Title a true ECW title and make all the matches NO DQ. It would seperate it from the WWE and World titles. I dont think they should make it as stupid as the hardcore title in the 1990s that could be defended 24 /7 "anywhere" but make it a belt where the matfches only end in PINS or Submissions no DQ or COuntouts, WWE is using for the most part its younger stars in ECW and seeing them compete in no DQ matches will only build them up.

Unified WWE Titles that can now bedefended on all brands.  I think we have been calling for this for about two years, and even know we barelly get tv matches, there is more RKO/Priceless Vs top 2 faces on raw tag matches then real tag team matches, I grew up a Demolition fan, when they came out rocking you knew Ax and Smash were going to whoop some ass. Unify the belts totally and just carry one strap around, seeing carlito and primo wearing them like necklaces and what not makes them look like garbage.

How about making the IC and US belts worth something.  Make it where if you win the IC or US belts amd carry it fpr 3 opr 6 months you earn an automatic world title shot, then you could have people fueding for the IC and US belts in hopes of moving up.

EITHER UNITED THE 3 BRANDS or SEPERATE THEM COMPLETELY stars from all 3 shows wrestle on all 3 shows.  I remember back 3 years ago you never seen the stars on the same show unless it was a big PPV like WM or RR. I feel now the ONLY REASON wwe has "3 brands " is so they can have 8 or9 titles so everyone can be a champion Theres no reason for smackdown stars on raw and what not,  they got a show for that called WWE superstars on WGN makes all the brands look the same instead of having their own flair.

I also agree with everyone else in the fact they need stable and brand warfair,  Have them feuding and fighting each other which will build up support for each show, instead of RAW it wshould be the WWE and instead of smackdown they should come up with WCW or anoother name so it really seems seperate and like they are at war, have them bid and buy talent and trade talentt away to each brand.  Right now there is times you can see someone like Cena 3 or 4 times a week 

enough of my ranting I grew up in the mid 80s watching wrestling and it has never been as boring and stale as it is now with only the WWE running the show.

My last idea would be for WWE to acknowledge TNA and fued with them,  it would be great for TNA the exposure and great for WWE to have a rival creating a stable like atmoshpere.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14293 on: June 18, 2009, 05:01:25 PM »

WWE to be awesome

.Drop the brand split.  Raw Monday convinced me they can be awesome when they want to as that show was great.

2.New announcers: the ones they have now sound so tired and uninterested. gotta have one face and one heel announcer, it just works better

3.Stables stables stables

4.shorter promos more wrestling or exciting stuff. Hearing Orton go on for 15 minutes on what he is gonna do is a torture that should be outlawed. NO MORE FUCKING RECAPS

5. Move the older dudes out of the way and let the young athletic guys shine.   Love u HHH but its time to drop down, please kill Flair and get him off TV, no more Batista, no more Regal, no more Goldust, kendrick and those kind of guys

6. U have great wrestlers: Edge,Jericho,Christian,CM,Hardys,DH Smith,Tyson Kidd,Rey, Morrison, Shelton,Bourne, HBK still that put on great exciting entertaining matches.

Tired of these big guys with no athletic ability matches. Kill Big Show and Khali please

This feels like WCW where the Hogan's and Nash's wouldn't get out of the way and let the young guys shine.

WWE have great wrestlers who need are to be pushed

7. no more Mcmahon vs top heel/top face angles. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

8. Last but not least. Let the fucking guys go back to wrestling please. I am sensing a shift back towards this as here lately i've seen some cool moves resurfacing.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:04:33 PM by D » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14294 on: June 18, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »

no more kendrick and those kind of guys
You what?  Shocked

I agree with most of the ideas for changes.  Don't see why you liked RAW this week so much.  For the most point I thought it was more of the same but longer, the saving graces being the 2 Smackdown matches (no surprise there) and the Ahmed Johnson mention.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14295 on: June 18, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »

Kendrick looks so small and plain like some dude who was selling T shirts or something

Get rid of Festus and guys like that.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14296 on: June 19, 2009, 05:46:33 AM »

Smiley
LOL@ Media outlets thinking Donald Trump buying RAW was a shoot

Credit: F4WOnline.com

Several media outlets have pulled their stories about Donald Trump buying RAW after finding out it is just a storyline. The media lead to believe it was real since WWE and USA Network both sent out press releases about the fake purchase. More than one outlet is saying they are done giving press to WWE, and the stunt likely won't sit well with the SEC.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14297 on: June 19, 2009, 07:30:12 AM »

Get rid of Festus and guys like that.

Angry rant

Despite this, I agree about losing the recaps. We were there, we saw what happened. Telling us is just pointless....

On a similar note, if a guy gives a promo in the ring, the announcers don't need to tell us what was said as soon as the guy has finished speaking.

I've noticed a couple of times, when Grisham's speaking about whatever, JR seems to look bored and wondering why he's here, but when he starts speaking, he sounds fairly normal. Tongue Or maybe he's always been like that.

Finally, shooting midgets with t-shirt cannons = awesome.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14298 on: June 19, 2009, 10:00:42 AM »

Eric Biscoff talking about this week's Raw.

He says that HHH's charcter is dated. I know what he means. HHH needs to turn heel dammit!

And I have to say, I agree with him that the backstage diva segment was totally pointless. Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14299 on: June 19, 2009, 11:14:22 AM »

Worst PPV Poster Ever...?

Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: