Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 01:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 767228 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14260 on: June 14, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »

Joe taking a pipe to Steiner was pretty horrific - obviously they had positioned the bin correctly - but i was just wondering how exactly Joe knew it was in the right place nervous

How can Foley suspend Jarrett? Since when did he outrank Jarrett?

...i'm getting worried they really will just defend the title 4 times a year, thats the kind of nonsense Vince Russo would come up with Cry

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #14261 on: June 14, 2009, 11:48:30 AM »

MISAWA PASSES AWAY AFTER BACKDROP IN HIROSHIMA MATCH       PDF        Print        E-mail

Mitsuharu Misawa, one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all-time, was declared dead at 10:10 p.m. Saturday night at a hospital in Hiroshima after being dropped on his head in a tag team title match.

Misawa would have turned 47 on June 18th.

Misawa & Go Shiozaki were challening Bison Smith & Akitoshi Saito for the GHC tag team championship in Hiroshima and Misawa was dropped on his head at about 8:45 p.m. and knocked unconscious. 

According to eye witness reports, Saito gave Misawa a "routine" back suplex that was described as a "7" in danger on a scale of one-to-ten.  He did not get up.  It was chaos in the ring as they attempted to revive him using CPR and the crowd was hushed for a while, and began a "Misawa" chant.  He turned purple in the ring and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.

His heart stopped beating in the ring.  The cause of death may have been a heart attack.

The wrestlers were told on the bus that he had passed away.

While it is being reported that he passed away at the hospital, he may have actually passed away in the ring.

Misawa was the Japanese high school national wrestling champion at 187 pounds in 1980, and was recruited by Giant Baba into All Japan Pro Wrestling.  He gained his first taste of stardom in 1984 when he was chosen to be the second Tiger Mask.  After unmasking in 1990, he became an even bigger star after a series of singles matches with Jumbo Tsuruta.

He was Japan's biggest pro wrestling star of the 90s, and one could make a strong case for him as the top wrestler of the decade.  He was the Wrestler of the Year in 1995, 1997 and 1999.

After the death of Shohei "Giant" Baba, Misawa wrestled a little over one more year for All Japan Pro Wrestling, while working as company president.  After consistently butting heads with owner Motoko Baba, the widow of Shohei Baba, he and 90% of the All Japan roster quit the company to form Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Thats Horrible, I just seen a video of it on YouTube. People are just shocked.

R.I.P

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14262 on: June 14, 2009, 04:24:07 PM »

Guys, get a hold of Victoria's debut match on TNA

this is further Proof of how big time WWE hold down their talent.

They need to keep Orton and Batista and people like that's promos short and sweet.

Really HHH,HBK,Edge,Jericho and Christian are bout the only guys that can pull off those long ass promos.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #14263 on: June 15, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »

They need to keep Orton and Batista and people like that's promos short and sweet.

Really HHH,HBK,Edge,Jericho and Christian are bout the only guys that can pull off those long ass promos.

She has always been a great wrestler. But she just didn't have the looks. Thats sadly what WWE's diva division is about. Looks comes first then talent.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14264 on: June 15, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »

MISAWA PASSES AWAY AFTER BACKDROP IN HIROSHIMA MATCH       PDF        Print        E-mail

Mitsuharu Misawa, one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all-time, was declared dead at 10:10 p.m. Saturday night at a hospital in Hiroshima after being dropped on his head in a tag team title match.

Misawa would have turned 47 on June 18th.

Misawa & Go Shiozaki were challening Bison Smith & Akitoshi Saito for the GHC tag team championship in Hiroshima and Misawa was dropped on his head at about 8:45 p.m. and knocked unconscious. 

According to eye witness reports, Saito gave Misawa a "routine" back suplex that was described as a "7" in danger on a scale of one-to-ten.  He did not get up.  It was chaos in the ring as they attempted to revive him using CPR and the crowd was hushed for a while, and began a "Misawa" chant.  He turned purple in the ring and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.

His heart stopped beating in the ring.  The cause of death may have been a heart attack.

The wrestlers were told on the bus that he had passed away.

While it is being reported that he passed away at the hospital, he may have actually passed away in the ring.

Misawa was the Japanese high school national wrestling champion at 187 pounds in 1980, and was recruited by Giant Baba into All Japan Pro Wrestling.  He gained his first taste of stardom in 1984 when he was chosen to be the second Tiger Mask.  After unmasking in 1990, he became an even bigger star after a series of singles matches with Jumbo Tsuruta.

He was Japan's biggest pro wrestling star of the 90s, and one could make a strong case for him as the top wrestler of the decade.  He was the Wrestler of the Year in 1995, 1997 and 1999.

After the death of Shohei "Giant" Baba, Misawa wrestled a little over one more year for All Japan Pro Wrestling, while working as company president.  After consistently butting heads with owner Motoko Baba, the widow of Shohei Baba, he and 90% of the All Japan roster quit the company to form Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Thats Horrible, I just seen a video of it on YouTube. People are just shocked.

R.I.P

Seconded.

Watched a cool match with him on youtube, too good for WWE or TNA.

Sincerest sympathies to his family and friends.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14265 on: June 15, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »

Anyone else feeling a John Cena title win tonight?

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14266 on: June 15, 2009, 12:19:14 PM »

Nah it'll be HHH. Obviously Flair will be there tonight in his home crowd, GM?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14267 on: June 15, 2009, 02:29:52 PM »

Indeed - she was just a jobber, and yet all along she could have transformed WWE's women's division

...how many other wrestlers can actually wrestle but WWE keeps them down? Cena? Batista?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14268 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:12 PM »

On this day in 1998, WWF RAW drew a 4.3 rating with WCW Nitro following closely behind at a 4.0 rating, for a total of over 9,160,000 people watching professional wrestling between the two. RAW was headlined by Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane in a Hell In The Cell match, while Nitro was headlined by Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page in a steel cage.

4.3....a year later they managed a 9....bizarre

Anyway, perhaps WWE's ratings arent as bad as we'd thought - its 3.3 now, but thats not that far down on the '98 fig....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #14269 on: June 15, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »

I thinkthey are down before they weresplitting the viewers and now they have all the viewers and only get one third of the 1998 total. I kinda wonder how accurate those 1998 ratings are as every week I flipped back and forth all night long.

Maybe I am the only one who thinks wwe could get better rating and product if they acknoledged TNA and both went head to head on mondays.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14270 on: June 15, 2009, 05:50:32 PM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

An interesting note from a house show this weekend is that Chris Jericho defended his Intercontinental title against Rey Mysterio, but Jericho came to the ring holding a title belt that was clearly not the IC belt.

Several fans at ringside could tell that he was carrying the Women's Title with black electrical tape over the "Women's Championship" part of the belt. He held it in his hand rather than wear it and did his best to hold the title face close to body so that no one would see.

It appeared as if Jericho and the ref joked about it when he handed the belt over. The ref also did not hold the belt up to the crowd prior to the match (as they did with the ECW and World titles later that night). The word is that Jericho accidentally left the belt at his hotel room. There was no heat on Jericho.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14271 on: June 15, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »

Vince needs to realise that TNA is his best hope of getting WWE back on its fee

He needs to invest (hell, get some equity in TNA) and have them use that money to improve their product

a TNA vs WWE Survivor Series would help both firms and TNA could borrow WWE's young guns which would help everyone

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #14272 on: June 15, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »

Nah it'll be HHH. Obviously Flair will be there tonight in his home crowd, GM?

I thought Orton was the more likely candidate myself.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14273 on: June 15, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »

TBH, out of HHH, Cena, Orton and Show, I'd rather Cena win the title tonight. I don't mind him really. Obviously, he's not the greatest wrestler in the world but he can put on good matches and give good promos.

HHH, we've seen loads of times, and I'm not too sure if they'll give him the title in his first match back (even though that's what happened with Cena at SS last year). I guess if he does win, he'll be one reign closer to matching Flair....

Orton, we've just seen and I can see him winning. Though I think the continuation of the HHH/Orton feud shouldn't involve the title. Their WM match wasn't exactly considered a classic, so why should a PPV main event for the title involving them now be much different from April??

As for Show.... surely not?? It wouldn't make sense, even to the WWE....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14274 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »

Wow

tonight proves how great WWE could still be if they'd just end that stupid fucking brand extension and just make Raw 3 hours every week.

one hour in and I have yet to be bored.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14275 on: June 15, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »

**SPOILER WARNING**

So who do you think the 'owner' is?

Eric. Bischoff.

Haha, but really -- who do you think?

*EDIT* Seriously, Trump?  no
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14276 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:44 PM »

Maybe Vince is coming back to the announcer's booth?

they say Cole is on the shit list. Vince is a great announcer.

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #14277 on: June 16, 2009, 02:11:41 PM »

This person is also saying that one of the WWE names is a creative team writer who is still employed to the company. Another one of the WWE names is a wrestler that was recently released with two "K's" in his ring name. "
Can't think who this might be.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14278 on: June 16, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »

WWE owned by two different people

...never seen that before

......oh wait, Vince and Flair, 2001-2002 anyone?

So we have the ohhhh so tired brand extension back with Vince Shitdown! vs Trumps WWE BORE

I had heard they were taking the split serioulsy again - so we'll have a year of ''my brand is better'', then a 'fight to settle the split'', then we'll start all over again....

If RAW was indep we could have some fun - but this is just a daft Russo angle

So...if there is no commericals does that mean RAW will be just 90 mins? Or will we be getting effectively a 30 min longer Raw?

..30 extra mins of recaps....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:45:51 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14279 on: June 16, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »

Those recaps are painful

We just saw what happened, why have to set through it again after the commercial

Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: