Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 02:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 767289 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14240 on: June 10, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »

WWE's ''good''intentions are clashing with practicality

Batista is massive - his physique is not natural, u do not get that without help

...but its key to his 'image', his appeal and his credibility.

WWE has always been about crazy juggernaughts - they are realising they cant have their cake and eat it

Personally, i've not got a problem with steroids - rather the problem is people feeling forced to take them to get on tv. If WWE gave people of all sizes a chance this wouldnt be half the issue that it is

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14241 on: June 10, 2009, 07:17:07 PM »

Word going around is that Rey Mysterio has supposedly quit WWE, which explains him not being at last nights Smackdown taping.

Damn didn't expect that, WWE is losing alot of stars this week. Didn't he just recently sign a new muti-year deal? or had he not signed yet?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14242 on: June 10, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »

What's with all this weird wrestling news lately?? People quitting, being fired, possible Wellness violation cover-ups....

To make things stranger, I just found out from here that Festus has a previous violation of the Wellness Policy. Shocked When did that even happen??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14243 on: June 11, 2009, 02:04:32 AM »

Mysterio got suspended remember so he may see this as favoritism and got pissed.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14244 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:31 AM »

I hope Mysterio's gone - few wrestlers annoy me more

Strange that WWE is more intresting behind the scenes! Turn all this into a storyline and you've got some ratings boys!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14245 on: June 11, 2009, 06:41:46 AM »

Maybe he's not gone...:

Rey Mysterio was not at Tuesday night's Smackdown/ECW TV tapings in Biloxi, MS and was already scheduled to miss the taping due what was described as a lingering knee injury reports PWInsider. His absence from the tapings was also planned before his loss to Chris Jericho at the Extreme Rules PPV. Plans remain in place to continue a feud between Mysterio and Jericho.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1244703720.php?style=dark

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #14246 on: June 11, 2009, 09:27:28 AM »

From The Sun:

UMAGA was fired by the WWE for failing a drug test and then refusing to go to rehab, The Sun can reveal.

The company terminated the grappler's contract after he violated their Talent Wellness Program for a second time.

Although not falling foul of the WWE's 'three strikes and you're out' rule, Umaga's unwillingness to get help was the reason for his release.

Vince McMahon's wrestling group sent SunSport a statement that reads: "As reported on WWE.com on Monday June 8 2009, WWE Superstar Umaga (Edward Fatu) has been released from his World Wrestling Entertainment contract.

"However consistent with the practice of announcing wellness policy violations, it should be noted that Umaga's termination was due to his second violation of the WWE Wellness Program and his subsequent refusal to attend a rehabilitation facility."

The delay in announcing the drug test failure was due to the unusual nature of Umaga's termination.

The company currently names all those suspended for breaking their tough rules over steroids and painkillers, but they needed to review the policy in the case of someone being fired in this situation.

Umaga had been feuding with new world champion CM Punk. He was also being primed for a series of matches with The Undertaker later this year.

The Samoan Bulldozer's profile has been removed from WWE.com and he has not been added to the Alumni section.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14247 on: June 11, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »

And as the week of interesting gossip continues...

"The following e-mail was sent to this website concerning Chris Benoit's alleged mistress on the road in the months prior to his double murder and suicide two years ago:

"This information was told to me from someone still close to the remaining Benoit family:

It has always been well known among the locker room that Chris had a mistress on the road prior to the tragedy. Details which were previously being kept covered up by the inner circle are now just finally beginning to surface publically some two years later, as certain workers have now been let go from the company.

Let it be known that the unknown female was Lisa Marie Varon aka former WWE diva Victoria.

He chooses to remain anonymous for obvious reasons. But further states- "I don't know how she can still live with herself."

These details have been verified by 1 current WWE worker, and 2 former. All 3 of which were employed by the company between 2006-2007.

Also, the tabloids once speculated on this mistress as being Michelle McCool due to her supposed reputation of making rounds with the upper card guys at the time.

However, Michelle was never ever with Chris. That rumor was absolutely false."

This person is also saying that one of the WWE names is a creative team writer who is still employed to the company. Another one of the WWE names is a wrestler that was recently released with two "K's" in his ring name. "

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/246741456.php
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14248 on: June 12, 2009, 07:16:55 AM »

what do they mean "How can she live with herself?"

Shit, it isn't her fault he did that.

who could've known

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14249 on: June 12, 2009, 09:40:37 AM »

I know this sounds corny, but we should make up some HTGTH Wrestling Crew T Shirts.

When I get out of college and start making some big cash next year, I may do that and send it to everyone for free.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14250 on: June 12, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »

-- The June 22nd edition of WWE RAW will be a historic broadcast for World Wrestling Entertainment. For the first time ever in the show's 16 year history, RAW will air without any commercial breaks. No word on whether the show will feature alternative product placement to make up for the lost advertising revenue, but it should be interesting to see how this change affects viewership. The commercial-free show will take place from Green Bay, WI and will be the final RAW before The Bash on the 28th.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14251 on: June 12, 2009, 12:49:48 PM »

-- The June 22nd edition of WWE RAW will be a historic broadcast for World Wrestling Entertainment. For the first time ever in the show's 16 year history, RAW will air without any commercial breaks. No word on whether the show will feature alternative product placement to make up for the lost advertising revenue, but it should be interesting to see how this change affects viewership. The commercial-free show will take place from Green Bay, WI and will be the final RAW before The Bash on the 28th.

that would be such a boost for Raw - sadly, it wont make its way to the UK...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14252 on: June 12, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »

that would be such a boost for Raw - sadly, it wont make its way to the UK...

If it's live, it will...  Tongue

Unless Sky Sports have recently introduced commercials during PPV, isn't it basically the same thing?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #14253 on: June 12, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

I know this sounds corny, but we should make up some HTGTH Wrestling Crew T Shirts.

When I get out of college and start making some big cash next year, I may do that and send it to everyone for free.

You're right it sounds corny. ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14254 on: June 12, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »

You're right it sounds corny. ok

If this was Evo, you'd be getting karma for that...  hihi
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14255 on: June 13, 2009, 11:34:24 AM »

MISAWA PASSES AWAY AFTER BACKDROP IN HIROSHIMA MATCH       PDF        Print        E-mail

Mitsuharu Misawa, one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all-time, was declared dead at 10:10 p.m. Saturday night at a hospital in Hiroshima after being dropped on his head in a tag team title match.

Misawa would have turned 47 on June 18th.

Misawa & Go Shiozaki were challening Bison Smith & Akitoshi Saito for the GHC tag team championship in Hiroshima and Misawa was dropped on his head at about 8:45 p.m. and knocked unconscious. 

According to eye witness reports, Saito gave Misawa a "routine" back suplex that was described as a "7" in danger on a scale of one-to-ten.  He did not get up.  It was chaos in the ring as they attempted to revive him using CPR and the crowd was hushed for a while, and began a "Misawa" chant.  He turned purple in the ring and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.

His heart stopped beating in the ring.  The cause of death may have been a heart attack.

The wrestlers were told on the bus that he had passed away.

While it is being reported that he passed away at the hospital, he may have actually passed away in the ring.

Misawa was the Japanese high school national wrestling champion at 187 pounds in 1980, and was recruited by Giant Baba into All Japan Pro Wrestling.  He gained his first taste of stardom in 1984 when he was chosen to be the second Tiger Mask.  After unmasking in 1990, he became an even bigger star after a series of singles matches with Jumbo Tsuruta.

He was Japan's biggest pro wrestling star of the 90s, and one could make a strong case for him as the top wrestler of the decade.  He was the Wrestler of the Year in 1995, 1997 and 1999.

After the death of Shohei "Giant" Baba, Misawa wrestled a little over one more year for All Japan Pro Wrestling, while working as company president.  After consistently butting heads with owner Motoko Baba, the widow of Shohei Baba, he and 90% of the All Japan roster quit the company to form Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14256 on: June 13, 2009, 06:49:03 PM »

When did Victoria/Tara become an amazing wrestler?

Did i just not notice before?

Can TNA turn anyone into a star? What an inspired signing!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14257 on: June 13, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »

It started about 5 or 6 years ago when RVD and others were told to tone it down cause they were burning crowds out before the dinosaur main eventers got out there.

It has snowballed since with minimum action so the batistas of the world aren't exposed for the shit wrestlers they are.

TNA is exciting and most importantly FUN. it is what wrestling should be.

Every WWE match except for a few are like bar room brawls with pinfalls,body slams a clothesline some stupid 3rd rate ROCK run off the ropes, do something stupid and land an elbow,leg,fist,splash etc and a finishing move.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14258 on: June 13, 2009, 09:21:34 PM »

Stone Cold and The Rock leaving was more damaging than anything.

Hell, watching golf is more exciting than a 20 minute Randy Orton monologue.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14259 on: June 14, 2009, 07:27:25 AM »

^I agree that Orton isn't the most engaging guy with promos but I think he is capable of doing decent ones. I remember liking the one he did backstage before WM (I think) where he mentioned "Orton's law" (which subsequently got repeated over and over by the announcers). I think it was after HHH had invaded his house and Orton was (understandably Tongue) pissed off about it.

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: