Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:38:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836491 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14140 on: May 30, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »

Unplanned RKO?

How would you even do that?

...after all, its all fake and just about every move requires the other guys help nervous

The injury might be the reason he was fired - maybe the Doc's said he'd be on the shelf for another long spell and WWE just despaired

...seems like politics though

Will be a huge TNA signing

FOR FUCKS SAKE TNA GET LASHLEY AND KENNEDY NOW

TNA could be on the verge of the biggest break they've ever had - poor Slash might cry, might need to offer my shoulder hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14141 on: May 30, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »

Okay, the Suicide/Daniels match was botched at the end - but we had a damn fine match

Kaz isnt the Suicide that Daniels was though (which is odd, because Kaz was superb) - and go back to your rapelling u bastard!

The main event was superb (a four way with NO Triple H syndrome...not sure i can remember another 4 way without that...)

..the ending was daft

Angle should have pinned Jarrett for the title AND control and play the MEM/NWO angle to its logical conclusion. Sting as leader makes little sense as a face leader of a heel faction

...unless Sting becomes heel. A pure evil Sting and a face Angle might be intresting.....

The Booker v Styles match was good, but the ending was odd too. I think Booker was big enough to take a loss

I'm hoping they use the Legends title to its full potential - (not a WWE IC title), have the Legenfs title as the heavyweight title for TNA, leaving the main belt for the PPVs, would be a useful tool to increase the stakes of a main event while the TNA title is preserved

...last thing u want is either title to become a the WCW/World Heavyweight title, where even the commentatots say its secondary to the WWE title...(though offer no explanation as to why....)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #14142 on: May 30, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »

Shame Kennedy was released, I met him once and he's a really cool guy. It's unfortunate  that he was cursed with the 'injury bug' before his career even got started. I'll reserve further judgement until more details are released and confirmed.  Undecided

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14143 on: May 30, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »

I don't think Kennedy's value ever fully recovered from his comments during the Benoit incident.

WWE is clean, I am clean, we are much better now, guys like Mero don't know what they are saying.

The evil doctor prescribing the steroids has a list of names released, Kennedy is on there and he fails the wellness test, oops.

What made it so dumb is he felt this need to speak up and get involved and be a nominated spokesman for the company.

It must be politics though, if it was just his injury prone nature surely they would just sack Jerry Lawler and have him as the new RAW commentator.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14144 on: May 30, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »

Cutting footage of the MEM during an X Division title match

...kinda says something about TNA's priorities....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14145 on: May 31, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »

Cutting footage of the MEM during an X Division title match

...kinda says something about TNA's priorities....

The MEM stuff is just a mess these days, just has no general direction and is no better off than 6 months ago yet they prioritise it higher than one of their highest rated more talented divisions. I think thats where its ultimately going to go all wrong for TNA, they should be more focused on creating new stars (say what you want but WWE are actually doing it) but yet they've killed what ever momentum either AJ or Joe had in favour of the old timers like Foley who really has no right being champion at this stage in TNA.

Aswell there meant to be pushing the British Invasion yet they can't seem to get onto the shows or get beat by almost jobber-like put together teams. While its in the state its in TNA just has no chance whatsoever in being a threat to WWE. Thats not any sort of bias talking its just the actuality of things.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14146 on: May 31, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »

I have the disadvantage of being an adult - I cant get anything from children's TV (even if for some perverse reason I wanted to)

WWE is now inherantly boring - it has no choice but to be superficial and tame, it now works within a straight jacket

...and thats not how good drama operates

If you can get something from it still - then, fair enough

WWE could perhaps compensate if its matches were superb - but they fight at a slow tempo and every match outcome is obvious (and it is obvious) plus they've banned all the moves (at Sacrifice - we saw a PILEDRIVER, an honest to god piledriver)

I'm not sure whats left for adults (we dont even get the shameful lingerie matches anymore)....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14147 on: May 31, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »

I agree completely with that, its the same way I feel but I would just class that about Raw. It seems that Raw is just the show aimed at kids whereas SD & ECW are very appealing to adults because for the most part the focus is on the wrestling itself and the feuds are less childish. The only people I really like on Raw are Hardy, Regal, Kingston & MVP. HBK aswell but hes not active.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #14148 on: May 31, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »

Kennedy's release so soon after his return is wierd. This is a guy somebody had some faith in. This is a guy that has gotten so many chances. He had the big fued with undertaker on smackdown and got hurt shortly after. He won the MITB and sure to be victim of a big push and than gets hurt again. They put him as Vince's son in what would have been a huge story line that summer but than he gets popped for steroids.

I am a big fan of Ken Kennedy. I am extremely dissappointed he got released less than week after his return. Something had to of happened. Either that injury is big or somebody with pull doesn't like him. Maybe he got in a fight backstage or something.

I just find it strange that a guy that has gotten so many chances is let go less than a week after his return. Fuck wwe, what are you thinking. This guy has 10 times the charisma of Randy Orton. I still think this guy could have been that heel that the crowd started loving and gets turned to the biggest face in the company. I think his mic skills and his personality are leagues above some of the current top talent in the wwe, even on a bad night.

If their smart TNA will sign this guy. If he can stay healthy, he will be a top talent.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14149 on: May 31, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »

Watching the first X Division title match from 2002

Oh my frakking hell

Its absolutely insane - think current x division matches but including all the absurd and dangerous moves that have been banned. I have no idea how anyone survived

I'm loving it

TNA focus on the X Division again - dont make me piledrive u Jarrett!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #14150 on: May 31, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »

Watching the first X Division title match from 2002

Oh my frakking hell

Its absolutely insane - think current x division matches but including all the absurd and dangerous moves that have been banned. I have no idea how anyone survived

I'm loving it

TNA focus on the X Division again - dont make me piledrive u Jarrett!!

I watched that on TNA Epics too last week. The break placement is unbelieveably bad however, I had to switch off after the first one because all flow was ruined.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #14151 on: May 31, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »

Theres a video up on Kennedy's facebook of him moving his wrists around...I thought it was kinda funny.  hihi Provided a link to the story posted, also has the video of kennedy. 

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=26804

Source: PWInsider

- Many people close to the situation believe that Kennedy's release was a decision made by Vince McMahon after Kennedy almost injured WWE Champion Randy Orton in the main event on last week's RAW.

Kennedy hit Orton with a back suplex that dropped Orton hard on the collar bone that he broke a few years back. Orton started pounding the mat in anger and later in the match, dropped Kennedy with an RKO that was a bit hard, causing Kennedy to grab at his wrist after hitting the mat.

The belief is that Orton complained about Kennedy's work in the match backstage. Sources say Vince McMahon agreed with Orton and it was seen as a "last strike" on Kennedy.

As seen above, Kennedy posted a video online earlier showing that his wrists were just fine. Sources say that Kennedy is "furious" about the reports of his injury. However, Kennedy isn't saying anything at all about the reported situation with Randy Orton.

As far as TNA is concerned, there appears to be some sort of interest but Kennedy can't work there until this September without waiving his 90-day no compete clause from his WWE contract.

I wonder if it was not an isolated incident with Kennedy and botching moves. I know shit happens that sometimes you cannot control. But i find it hard to believe that Kennedy would be let go if this was an isolated incident. There was prolly some kind of backstage incident between these two that got him fired. Hopefully he'll talk some about it.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14152 on: June 01, 2009, 05:32:08 AM »

Hopefully he'll talk some about it.  smoking
Or he could respond like Ariel did to rumours Batista got her fired....

Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14153 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:16 AM »

I agree with high_times that the botched suplex likely wasn't the only reasons he got released. I mean, the nature of wrestling where you lift guys up and slam them on the mat and such kinda suggests that some accidents are gonna happen. If they fired guys for botched moves, there'd have been lots more "future endeavours" being undertaken right now... Tongue

Khali slammed a guy once who died, didn't he? And that was before he got signed by WWE! Shocked

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14154 on: June 01, 2009, 07:39:54 AM »

Khali slammed a guy once who died, didn't he? And that was before he got signed by WWE! Shocked
So it doesn't count  Tongue

Remember, stuff outside the WWE Universe has no baring on what happens in it.  If you were a star in WCW, TNA or anywhere else, chances are you will be renamed, repackaged and pushed down the card in no time.  Just ask Marcus Cor Von and Braden WalkerCheesy

....although CM Punk is fighting to disagree  Wink
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14155 on: June 01, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »

Ziggler and Jericho are teaming up this week....break down the walls!  Cheesy

Enjoyed Impact this week for the first time in a few weeks.  Raven looked in great shape (best in years) and it looks like we have the beginnings of another little group, Stevie Richards, Raven and Daffney.

Shane Douglas looked bloated, maybe I'm wrong though and he will be alright in the ring.

Kip James' firing amused me, for some reason, probably just me liking most things Kip James, hopefully this isn't him signing off to be a road agent, I'm wanting a return as a singles star (I know, never going to happen).

Victoria looked good to, nice to see her, she was wasted in her last few years in WWE, and she seems to have the psycho grin back as well.

An Eric Young heel turn, based on him being pissed at never getting a chance and being screwed over etc. and so on.  I'm sure Russo would argue its been a 2 year plan....  Tongue  never been too keen on him I think there are others with much more potential/upside, but he did need a change.

Watching Smackdown, its scary how over R-Truth and The Great Khali are  hihi

I read something this week about how WWE have this list of things they don't/can't do anymore because Linda Mcmahon is, well I forget but she's doing something PG and political anyway.  And one of the things was no threatening violence (which sounds quite laughable).  Shows how much these "NEWZ" sites know though.  On Smackdown you have Jericho talking to Mysterio about smashing his head in with a steel chair (although maybe that doesn't count), maybe they mean Samoa Joe like, telling Kurt Angle he is going to kill him, I just found that hilarious, much like the Deaner vs. Williams Ladder Match which was surprisingly competitive, but fun, although whats with the recent spate of banging out Ladder Matches so often, especially if its for a naff one like Bolt vs. Wilde.

And I know its over a week since, but Umaga speaking english all of a sudden, that was just dumb.  The commentators didn't even sound shocked, I at least expected a comedy; "Well it looks like Umaga has been learning english in his time away, JR" comment from Grisham.

The Hart Dynasty has mucho potential, but with Nattie doing all the talking I wonder if thats because the other two have little to no charisma.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #14156 on: June 01, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »

I read something this week about how WWE have this list of things they don't/can't do anymore because Linda Mcmahon is, well I forget but she's doing something PG and political anyway. 
I wonder has that got to do with their new policy of announcers not being able to refer to the referee's by their actual names.  Lips Sealed

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14157 on: June 01, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »

^Or constantly saying "skull" instead of "head". Seriously, whenever Orton boots someone in the cranium, it's almost always the "skull" and not the "head"....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14158 on: June 01, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »

Linda is on the board of education in Conneticut

...apparently this is much much much more important than the company Roll Eyes - and they are afraid ''enemies'' (Nazis? Martians?) will use WWE against her to ruin her new career (CEO of WWE anyone...)

In any other company the shareholders would demand she resigned (the idea, the very idea u could put a hobby above your role as CEO!) but Vince and Co have like 95% of the voting stock

I dont wish harm on anyone - but i kinda want...something to happen to the McMahons that means they cant ever have any involvement in WWE again - maybe thye could go the moon for....a million years?

WWE needs new management
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:22:59 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14159 on: June 01, 2009, 06:28:10 PM »

is it bad that I'd rather watch Mick Foley wrestle the cardboard Rocky over 50 percent of WWE matches?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: