Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836468 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14120 on: May 27, 2009, 10:00:49 PM »

It's only the main matches that will be submission all the rest are normal.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14121 on: May 28, 2009, 03:40:58 PM »

The reasons I dislike UFC are the exact reasons I like wrestling

I dont want to see people actually get hurt - no matter how brutal the match, its important that everyone gets away unharmed and hell - had a bit of fun doing it all

I like the absurd theatrics wrestling - the moves that could NEVER work in real life and the Russo-esque storylines - i love the theatre of it all

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14122 on: May 28, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »

its important that everyone gets away unharmed
Thats what Bret Hart always maintained, he has often mentioned how he has never injured an opponent in his life.

There are a whole host of "sick" and often unneccesary things in wrestling that do cause damage and long term harm, as cool as it may look, the steel chair shot to the head without getting the hand up is a scary thing to see.  Considering the bumps and shots guys take, inside the ring vs inside the cage safety wise I'd argue its a toss up, guys in MMA don't tape soon enough they get injured arms and legs, guys like Kennedy Kennedy blow out, brake, twist, sprain etc. things all the time.  Guys in MMA get TKO'd and get concussions, concussions are an unfortunately much to regular occurence in wrestling.  I remember reading Angelina Love has suffered 3 since she joined TNA, I'm pretty sure in wake of the Benoit tragedy doctors were saying you shouldn't suffer more than that in your entire life.

Guys like Foley and Abyss will have taken more shots and suffered more concussions than a high percentage of MMA guys.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14123 on: May 28, 2009, 08:03:56 PM »

Guys like Foley and Abyss will have taken more shots and suffered more concussions than a high percentage of MMA guys.

It's just reminded me you talking about Foley. I saw a doc on the guy a few weeks ago (biography channel I think), they were talking his HIAC v Taker and how the chokeslam through the roof wasn't meant to happen and they all thought he was genuinely 'broken in half'. It surprised me, I'd always assumed both massive spots in that match had been planned.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14124 on: May 28, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »

^If you think about it, that Chokeslam would've looked awful if the cell hadn't broken. I think Foley said one of his feet never left the cell when Taker did the move. Tongue   I've got that Foley Biography on a tape somewhere, along with ones on Hogan and Austin.

Speaking of Foley, I watched his No Holds Barred Match with Shawn Michaels from Mind Games the other day. Cool match. Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14125 on: May 29, 2009, 02:38:22 AM »

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14126 on: May 29, 2009, 04:57:56 AM »

Have i mentioned lately how much more awesome TNA is than WWE?

just checking hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14127 on: May 29, 2009, 05:34:30 AM »

D,Hammy and everyone, we just finished a 45 minute interview with Sean X-Pac,123 Kid Waltman. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!
http://www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/waxfiles/052509.wax
Interview begins about two hours into the show.
Plus you can win a Blaster Box of TNA trading cards, haha.

And we promised a worldwide exclusive to set the table for "The Summer Of Mayhem 2009," and Monday Night Mayhem was proud to deliver! In his first public comments this year, former WWE Tag Team/European Champion & former DX member, Sean "X-Pac" Waltman, stepped into The Mayhem's squared circle to discuss his road to recovery in 2009, what lies ahead for his wrestling future (and if that will take him back to the WWE or TNA or see him stay in AAA), who he could see himself squaring off with if that "return" did happen, his takes on HBK's WWE return later this year, as well as Triple H's pending return back to World Wrestling Entertainment (and the criticism that they have both received over the years), Kevin Nash's success in TNA with The Main Event Mafia, the soon-to-be released "Rise And Fall Of WCW" DVD, in addition to a look back at the anniversary of Sean (as The 1-2-3 Kid) capturing the WWE Intercontinental Championship from Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), his thoughts on both Hulk Hogan/Eric Bischoff, his memories of Owen Hart, & so much more! Sean will be a part of this Saturday's "Legends Of The Ring VIII" Fan Fest in Monroe, NJ (courtesy: Turnbuckle Promotions). For ticket information, log onto www.LegendsOfTheRing.com. One of the most-charismatic & controversial superstars in the history of professional wrestling & sports-entertainment, exclusively on "Your Home Of Wrestling Radio," as part of the kickoff of "The Summer Of Mayhem 2009," which is now available for all MNM listeners (in streaming audio or through the official MNM Podcast On ITunes).

Submit your feedback/comments on this week's show via the MNM/Sizzlin' Sauces inbox, The Mayhem's official MySpace page (presented by: TicketRelief.com), as well as on the all-new Facebook page of "Your Home Of Wrestling Radio." By checking out this week's show, one lucky member of The Mayhem Nation will have a chance to score an exclusive TNA Knockouts trading card blaster box set (courtesy: Tristar), yours exclusively by feeling The Mayhem!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:36:37 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14128 on: May 29, 2009, 08:25:38 AM »

45 minutes with X-Pac, thats Jim jump out the window stuff  hihi
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14129 on: May 29, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »

Sacrifice was superb

Abyss darn need killed Richards!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14130 on: May 29, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

Someone leaked Nude pics of Matt Stryker online...........

Hammy?

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14131 on: May 29, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »

Sacrifice was superb

Abyss darn need killed Richards!

But what was with the Main Event? It was a TNA Title match but yet it wasn't? Really ruined a canny main event with the shit TNA add to match stips.

Also X-Division title match, interference then Daniels pins but then says he doesn't want Suicide to lose. What the hell is the logic with that? If he didn't want him to lose like that then surely you don't bloody pin him THEN change your mind? That really ruined the show for me, the matches were decent for a throwaway PPV but the rediculous creative of the show just made it pretty dire and pretty much showed how in most peoples eyes they couldn't really handle a threat to WWE, thats not me shit talking but just the pretty obvious truth. That and how many people debuted this week? All but one a former WWE talent which doesn't make them look too good especially when they have FAR too many wrestlers for 1 show per week.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14132 on: May 29, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »

Mr. Kennedy released
Written: May 29, 2009

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Mr. Kennedy (Ken Kennedy) as of today, May 29, 2009. WWE wishes Ken the best in all future endeavors.

Wow, didn't expect that!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14133 on: May 29, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »

HOLY SHIT! GO TO TNA KEN! GO!WWE has announced Ken Kennedy has been released from his contract. While we haven't heard the details regarding his termination, it is most likely due to how injury prone he has been. Kennedy returned to in-ring action on WWE television on this past Monday's edition of Raw after being out since August 2008 with a torn labrum. He suffered a wrist injury on Monday's Raw after taking the RKO from Randy Orton.

Here is what WWE.com posted:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Mr. Kennedy (Ken Kennedy) as of today, May, 29 2009. WWE wishes Ken the best in all future endeavors.
http://nodq.com/wwe/245649242.shtml

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14134 on: May 30, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »

From KK's official site:
Posted on 5.30.2009
Ken is physically 100 percent healthy, and very optimistic about his future in the business. More details will follow.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 01:24:00 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14135 on: May 30, 2009, 02:55:01 AM »

TNA gets him and that is another HUGE signing

That is just big time brand new feuds they can't start.

WWE are gonna royally fuck themselves if they dont watch out

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #14136 on: May 30, 2009, 04:11:01 AM »

TNA gets him and that is another HUGE signing

That is just big time brand new feuds they can't start.

WWE are gonna royally fuck themselves if they dont watch out

I think he'd fit in well in TNA!

Injury is his major problem. He just can't stay healthy enough, long enough. He is a pretty cool charecter but not great in ring which is maybe what TNA could do with.

Talking of TNA just watched Sacrifice and i enjoyed the majority of it.

The Daniels thing was stupid IMO but the match was decent. The MCMG continue to impress me just love watching them wrestle. The main event was an interesting concept but the more you thought about it the more obvious it was who was getting pinned. It was only ever gonna be Angle or Foley.

But the thing that i hated the most was the cheap ending to the AJ/Booker match. Why are TNA in loe with these crap "anti-climax" finishes. Alot of matches are of a good quality then ruined by a stupid "both have to keep face ending" Hate it.

The Tag Match was predictable and i just find it amazing that MCMG aren't tag champions. I like Beer Money but they are not a patch on MCMG IMO.

Kong is a beast and TNA knockouts division is sooooo much better than WWE diva's. WWE have to get a Beth vs Gail Kim feud going as that has so much potential.

and Yes..... Abyss destroyed Richards ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14137 on: May 30, 2009, 06:06:56 AM »

Big surprise.

Ok, whats his TNA name going to be?

Edit: So reading all the dirtsheets the general story is:

Kennedy botched a suplex, Orton got pissed and nailed him with an unplanned RKO (hence the injury), they had strong words backstage, and then Kennedy got fired for a combination of being injury prone and Orton having stroke backstage these days.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:10:56 AM by Hammy » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14138 on: May 30, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »

If Kennedy does go to TNA, they should make him a heel. I think he was better in that role.

And that RKO was unplanned?? It didn't seem that way during the match since everyone was landing their finishers on everyone else....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14139 on: May 30, 2009, 06:28:26 AM »

And that RKO was unplanned?? It didn't seem that way during the match since everyone was landing their finishers on everyone else....
Thats the power of Da Internetz Newz sites, Orton is such a bastard he even shoots with his finishing moves....  Cheesy

....Or he heard Kennedy calling him boring so he thought he'd surprise Kennedy  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: