Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831912 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13680 on: April 08, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »

^ Presuming you mean at the Odyssey what price where the tickets normally about?

Tickets are between ?20-?55.

I still may go to the hotel they're staying at, see if I can get a few autographs. Steamboats usually there anyways what with him being a Raw Road Agent.  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13681 on: April 08, 2009, 10:25:11 AM »

I may have to attend a WWE show next time they come here. Last time I went was 2005. Main event was Cena VS. JBL and Orlando Jordan I believe. Austin was special referee. That was when John Cena wasn't getting booed yet. Memories. Cool

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #13682 on: April 08, 2009, 10:28:51 AM »

Austin was special referee.
What?!

Austin on a Scotland house show? In 2005? Surely you're mistaking. Were you in the nosebleed seats? It must have been Val Venis.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Evolution
« Reply #13683 on: April 08, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »

Definately was Steve Austin, I was sitting on the ramp so he went past me twice!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13684 on: April 08, 2009, 02:19:52 PM »

If it was Val Venis, he got a pretty big pop. Tongue

I laughed on Raw when Cole mentioned the crowd "cascading Orton with boos" or some such, and just then a group of guys in sombreros doing the "we're not worthy" thing appeared on camera. hihi

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #13685 on: April 08, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »

If it was Val Venis, he got a pretty big pop. Tongue

I laughed on Raw when Cole mentioned the crowd "cascading Orton with boos"
I don't know why he said that because I heard "RKO!" chants on numberous occasions throughout the night.

What happened to the good oul' days when they aknowledged fans that were cheering heels. Ah, I miss "Bizzaro-world."  Tongue

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13686 on: April 08, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »

BULLSHIT!!!! Epic rant...bogus copyright claim against my wrestlemania review video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMU35qMQatg

I didnt know u were black

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13687 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »

Hey, I got a couple questions for you guys. See, Wrestlemania is coming to Phoenix next year and well I'm only about 6 hours away so I really really want to find a way to go. I'm gonna start saving money for it now cuz i really want to go. Does anybody know what i could potentially be paying for a decent seat at a wrestlemania? I'm not sure how the event is sold but i assume id have to buy from a scalper or is it different than other big events like the superbowl in that anyone can go on to ticketmaster and buy tickets when they go on sale?  I've never really been to huge events. Concerts, the occasional raw, football or mlb games, but nothing this big. Im not looking to buy floor seats, lord knows i couldnt afford that but a decent seat in the stands would be fine for me.

Any hint at what I might be paying would help give me an idea on how much money I need to save. Anybody know when tickets go on sale?  Since i'm going to be there what about the fan axcess events? Does anybody have an idea on costs for those? I am also hopefully going to attend next years hall of fame cost permitting of course so anybody know what that costs?  I am just really excited about this and I really really want to go. Its a once in a lifetime experience.

Sorry for the twenty questions, but im just excited about the possibility of going to Wrestlemania 26 and any info you guys can give me would be really helpful. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13688 on: April 08, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »

Hey, I got a couple questions for you guys. See, Wrestlemania is coming to Phoenix next year and well I'm only about 6 hours away so I really really want to find a way to go. I'm gonna start saving money for it now cuz i really want to go. Does anybody know what i could potentially be paying for a decent seat at a wrestlemania? I'm not sure how the event is sold but i assume id have to buy from a scalper or is it different than other big events like the superbowl in that anyone can go on to ticketmaster and buy tickets when they go on sale?  I've never really been to huge events. Concerts, the occasional raw, football or mlb games, but nothing this big. Im not looking to buy floor seats, lord knows i couldnt afford that but a decent seat in the stands would be fine for me.

Any hint at what I might be paying would help give me an idea on how much money I need to save. Anybody know when tickets go on sale?  Since i'm going to be there what about the fan axcess events? Does anybody have an idea on costs for those? I am also hopefully going to attend next years hall of fame cost permitting of course so anybody know what that costs?  I am just really excited about this and I really really want to go. Its a once in a lifetime experience.

Sorry for the twenty questions, but im just excited about the possibility of going to Wrestlemania 26 and any info you guys can give me would be really helpful. smoking

Ok mate i had a American friend that went to Wrestlemania 24 and he said he paid $250 for the type of seat you're talking about the floor seats are $750/ea. but he said that you can get tickets from $60.

He did say however that he heard that guys in similar seats as him paid $800 for a 2nd hand ticket.

Hope that helps

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13689 on: April 08, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »

I have been to Mania 18,20 and 23. If it is a stadium like next year it is really,almost never sold out. If you buy the tickets the day they go on sale online, you should be able to get a decent seat. If I were you, I would buy tickets and then go to the venue early the day of the show. That way if it is truly sold out, you have tickets. If it isn't ,you can EASILY get tickets from a scalper. A friend and I had extra floor tickets for WM23 in Detroit. The face value was $275 each. We ended up selling the pair for only about $150 and losing over $400 easily. It sucked, but there are so many people selling that you can get great deals. I would plan on  budgeting about $150 for a decent non floor seat, the day they go on sale. There are alyways pre sales. Register with the venue website on their email list ( I forget the name of the Stadium in Phoenix) Hope this helps and I hope you make it. As I said I have been to three Manias and with any luck I will see my fourth next year. I have seen two in stadiums (both closed roof) and one in Madison Square garden, so I would like to go next year and see one in an outdoor stadium.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13690 on: April 09, 2009, 02:10:43 PM »

BULLSHIT!!!! Epic rant...bogus copyright claim against my wrestlemania review video

What? Someone call the Mods!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13691 on: April 09, 2009, 02:24:48 PM »

What? Someone call the Mods!

Huh?

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13692 on: April 10, 2009, 04:34:53 AM »

Ok mate i had a American friend that went to Wrestlemania 24 and he said he paid $250 for the type of seat you're talking about the floor seats are $750/ea. but he said that you can get tickets from $60.

He did say however that he heard that guys in similar seats as him paid $800 for a 2nd hand ticket.

Hope that helps

I have been to Mania 18,20 and 23. If it is a stadium like next year it is really,almost never sold out. If you buy the tickets the day they go on sale online, you should be able to get a decent seat. If I were you, I would buy tickets and then go to the venue early the day of the show. That way if it is truly sold out, you have tickets. If it isn't ,you can EASILY get tickets from a scalper. A friend and I had extra floor tickets for WM23 in Detroit. The face value was $275 each. We ended up selling the pair for only about $150 and losing over $400 easily. It sucked, but there are so many people selling that you can get great deals. I would plan on  budgeting about $150 for a decent non floor seat, the day they go on sale. There are alyways pre sales. Register with the venue website on their email list ( I forget the name of the Stadium in Phoenix) Hope this helps and I hope you make it. As I said I have been to three Manias and with any luck I will see my fourth next year. I have seen two in stadiums (both closed roof) and one in Madison Square garden, so I would like to go next year and see one in an outdoor stadium.

Thanks for the info guys. This will defintely give me an idea on how much i need to save. 150-300 range for seats seems like it will work great for me, in terms of how much money i think i'll be able to save. Friend gave me an idea on the other prices. For the axcess event on friday night before wrestlemania and HOF. So I think I will be able to save enough money to go up on friday and go to all three events. Maybe raw after wrestlemania too cuz it will surely be in Phoenix. So hopefully i can make a total 4 day weekend out of wrestlemania. Which would be fucking awesome.

Regarding the open stadium. University of Phoenix stadium is much like Houstons Reliant stadium in that it has a retractable roof, whether or not they keep it open is another story. Hopefully they will since phoenix usually has pretty good weather around the end of march. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13693 on: April 11, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6yBYVBLjM&feature=related

I dont think its possible to show the path of WWE better than this...

That siren...memories...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13694 on: April 11, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »

The news on the grape vine is that WWE has decided to ban blading

The blood free wrestlemania was aparently the debut of the new approach

Yey gods, i hope this is not true!

I have never been comfortable with blading, HBK manages to take it to far and in a world of HIV i've always thought its had its time

...but for FUCKS SAKE, they might as well ban the wrestling itself  with this ''someone might get hurt'' crap

TNA could dominate the industry if it was to get some money behind it, i refuse to believe the 14+ crowd are buying into WWE-lite

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13695 on: April 11, 2009, 01:52:45 PM »

Blading got taken out months ago when things went PG.

Take Shane Mcmahon busting opening Orton, that was legit.  Although I take it the recent Flair blading was an acception.  Those aside and the pitiful towel job on Matt Hardy we haven't seen blood for a long time.  JR's Blog defending this decision alluded to spectators not wanting to get covered in blood  hihi
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13696 on: April 11, 2009, 01:53:36 PM »

I've been notice the lack of blood in WWE recently but haven't mentioned it...

Perhaps the same thing will happen as last time the WWE was "kid-friendly" (the 80's) and there'll be a second "Attitude era" of sorts. Cheesy I missed the first one so that would be nice... Tongue

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13697 on: April 11, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

Just pray WWE doesnt censor accidental blade jobs.

As I continue to watch WCW through 1996 some matches have been ruined due to blood, as the company has a no blood policy I say has its had now but part of me is in 1996.  WCW actually show the match from awful angles where you can't see the face or just take a wide shot.  And this is for all matches.  A Main Event PPV Cage Match Flair vs Savage the last 5 minutes were wide shots, if was stupid, fine have a no blood policy but if someone gets bust open just roll with it.  Same thing happened with a Finlay vs Regal match, great hard hitting stuff, so much so Finlay broke Regal's nose, lots of blood, yet the commentators never mentioned it and the last few minutes of the match were shown from such a distance it was like being sat in the rafters.  At least they censor Ric Flair's ass to, 4 damn times in that Cage Match it was exposed, 4 smurfing times!  Between that and the blood the camera guys didn't know where to look.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13698 on: April 11, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »

Just finished watching a couple TNAs i've had recorded and I must say, they have easily surpassed WWE

Through WWE, I get bored and maybe watch 30 minutes of the entire show

with TNA, I never seem to want to reach for the remote and fast forward.

The MEM angle is phenomenal

just when it seemed Sting was going to turn face, they did a fucking extremely awesome swerve to now put things back to where they were with STing firmly planted back with the MEM

Mick Foley is gold as well

how many times can WWE recycle the McMahon vs insert top superstar here  angle.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:02:45 PM by D » Logged

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13699 on: April 11, 2009, 04:21:37 PM »

how many times can WWE recycle the McMahon vs insert top superstar here  angle.

I agree. I also have a hard time feeling any sympathy for the McMahons. Vince is a brilliant heel personality but as a face i'm not as bigger fan.

I'll be interested to see where this HHH/Batista/Orton thing goes. Personally i'd like to see them all hate each other. could be a cool feud with all of them trying to upstage each other. Have Orton as the Extreme heel, have HHH as the Tweener and Batista as teh Extreme Face... could be a way for HHH to get his heel ways back.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: