Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828385 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13220 on: January 31, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

Oh man - TNA had me in hysterics

Black Snow and Chet Lemon - they gotta do commentary every week!

Rarely has commentary been so entertaining

Genius! Loved their OTT Vince McMahon style commentary

I firmly believe that this weeks RAW was so awful that it might actually be the last one I watch 'you cant fire me, I have C.B.C.M.D (creative bankruptcy cholcolate monkey disorder)'

..thank god SOMEWHERE some decent wrestling is going on

TNA TNA TNA
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:27:11 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13221 on: January 31, 2009, 04:45:31 PM »

Your kidding right? All the TNA show did this week was completely bury all there babyfaces (more than Raw did with Orton)

Read Lance Storm's latest blog and try tell me you disagree. http://www.stormwrestling.com/012909.html

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13222 on: February 01, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »

Your kidding right? All the TNA show did this week was completely bury all there babyfaces (more than Raw did with Orton)

Read Lance Storm's latest blog and try tell me you disagree. http://www.stormwrestling.com/012909.html

Read it and watched the shows and i can't say i can disagree with him on anything!

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13223 on: February 01, 2009, 11:03:37 AM »

I love TNA - I couldnt give a shit what 'those in the know' say

TNA is different and unpredictable every week - I never know what they are going to do

Check out my success rate in the Powerslam game - I get it right again and again, I cleaned up with the Rumble!

Maybe you cant predict every match with WWE - but i can

...and thats not because I have some gift

'oh Jimmy wang yeng vs Umaga - i wonder who will win......'

TNA storylines may be rehashes of old WCW stuff, but i never saw even 5 mins of WCW - so i dont care

Lance Storm was regarded as the most boring man in WWE - if he had any ideas he worked hard to avoid showing them in the ring!

He though Orton's bizarre speech about having 'explosive monkey syndrome' was good?!

Jesus Christ, 'i have a LEGAL RIGHT to a fake match at a fake wrestling event' - ohh, bet that stands up in court confused

Orton is as boring as Lance Storm was - no.1 guy in the company - competing with...who?

John Cena? He walks to the rings - salutes, and goes home...

Triple H - he looks so bored you wonder if he'll just cease showing one day

Maybe its Koslov....'i demand better competition...or any competition....or a storyline....''

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:14:53 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13224 on: February 01, 2009, 11:18:39 AM »

Really can't see them putting the belt on Orton at 'Mania, but if they do...wake me when it's over hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13225 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »

Orton can't cut a promo!

JBL can't cut a promo!

Sarah Palin is comedy genius, the best since Eric Young used to get scared by his own pyro, I mean they did that for a million straight shows and man, it never got old, it got me every time. 

And unpredictable, heck I wonder every week who MEM will squash next and each week I get swerved.

TNA! TNA! TNA!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13226 on: February 01, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »

Orton can't cut a promo!
Dear lord, what are you saying man?!!

Orton's promos are so god damn realistic you would believe everything he's saying. He's so agressive in his promo's as of late that he's second only to Edge in the whole company.

These are my two personal favs:

Orton, Rhodes and Manu backstage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHNnMXathU

Orton begs Steph to fire him: Listen from 44 secs to 1:18 at least and try and say the dude can't cut a promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edp9rdvQGmM

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13227 on: February 01, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »

Hammy was being sarcastic

the Raw Monday was horrible, they really dropped the ball on what could've been a great angle. Shane O Mac beating down the Legacy! Ridiculous

Anyhow, just watched the TNA from 3 weeks ago and thought it was excellent.

now I am getting ready to watch the one from 2 weeks ago and then the one from Thursday.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #13228 on: February 01, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »

Hammy was being sarcastic
Yeah, well, I've become quite the Orton mark as of late.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13229 on: February 01, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »

Edge is 100000000000000000x better at cutting a promo than Orton.

Orton is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #13230 on: February 01, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »

Wrestling-wise..yes I would be inclined to agree with you. The man of a 1000 chin-lock variations.  Tongue

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #13231 on: February 01, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »

Edge is 100000000000000000x better at cutting a promo than Orton.

Angry
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13232 on: February 01, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »

Orton can't cut a promo!

JBL can't cut a promo!

Sarah Palin is comedy genius, the best since Eric Young used to get scared by his own pyro, I mean they did that for a million straight shows and man, it never got old, it got me every time. 

And unpredictable, heck I wonder every week who MEM will squash next and each week I get swerved.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

TNA isnt perfect

I too wondered what the whole Palin angle was about, i suspect it was wasting time - just as WWE does with those insufferable ''archive'' segments

TNA made a mess of the Steiner v Williams angle - which really should have started far sooner

They have made a mess of Abyss for close to a year now - i'm wondering if under that mask he's actually Kane...

TNA gets things wrong

...but it gets a lot of things right, it tries things conventional things in unconventional ways - and sometimes its a disaster

..but atleast it tried!

I'd take a wrestling show prone to the odd clumsy moment over the Disney Wrestling Federation any day

I'd take a chaotic show over a boring show any day

I'm looking to be entertained by wrestling, surprised by wrestling and maybe even shocked by wrestling

I get none of that with WWE

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13233 on: February 01, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

the Raw Monday was horrible, they really dropped the ball on what could've been a great angle. Shane O Mac beating down the Legacy! Ridiculous

Indeed

but it wasnt the Shane bit that bothered me - after all i dont take Rhodes or Dibiase as even half way credible wrestlers

what bothered me was the sheer absurdity of it all

why not have dispensed with the nonsense and have it so that Orton wasnt fired because Shane wanted a chance for revenge. Simple

Stupid syndromes, lawsuits - the whole thing had me reaching for the remote

Orton can cut a promo - it wasnt HIS fault he was given such awful material to work with

...regardless, the man is boring as hell, though i accept thats just my opinion

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13234 on: February 01, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »

Indeed

but it wasnt the Shane bit that bothered me - after all i dont take Rhodes or Dibiase as even half way credible wrestlers

Yet Shark Boy & Shane Sewell are promising mat technicians....

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13235 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:35 AM »

Orton can't cut a promo!

JBL can't cut a promo!

TNA! TNA! TNA!

TNA isnt perfect

I too wondered what the whole Palin angle was about, i suspect it was wasting time - just as WWE does with those insufferable ''archive'' segments

TNA made a mess of the Steiner v Williams angle - which really should have started far sooner

They have made a mess of Abyss for close to a year now - i'm wondering if under that mask he's actually Kane...

TNA gets things wrong

...but it gets a lot of things right, it tries things conventional things in unconventional ways - and sometimes its a disaster

..but atleast it tried!

I'd take a wrestling show prone to the odd clumsy moment over the Disney Wrestling Federation any day

I'd take a chaotic show over a boring show any day

I'm looking to be entertained by wrestling, surprised by wrestling and maybe even shocked by wrestling

I get none of that with WWE

Fair enough, I'm not exactly thrilled by WWE these days but it still has it moments for me, I'm surprised nobody else brought up Matt Hardy's superb promo.  Good to see you realise how they have killed Abyss, it's a shame really since he's twice the wrestler Kane is.

I've decided to go old school anyway since we never had the opportunity here in the UK to see it properly, and watch Nitro, from the beginning....to the end (maybe, haha).

Got a torrent of the 1995 Nitro's going, shouldn't take too long since it only started in September of 1995...

....the 1996 pack though.....is 27 gig haha, ill have to do that by the months, copy to DVD, then download some more...  Cheesy
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13236 on: February 02, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »

Indeed

Yet Shark Boy & Shane Sewell are promising mat technicians....

your point being?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #13237 on: February 02, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »

Got a torrent of the 1995 Nitro's going, shouldn't take too long since it only started in September of 1995...

....the 1996 pack though.....is 27 gig haha, ill have to do that by the months, copy to DVD, then download some more...  Cheesy

Don't get too discouraged by the early ones...they weren't that great (in terms of wrestling, production...any of it).   They get better pretty quick.

I remember the first one as being in a MALL with Lex Luger showing up (they signed him THAT morning...he'd been in the WWF without a contract).  Even the Pillman and Sting vs Flair matches were a little flat.

But by the time '96 rolled in, they'd gotten pretty darn good.

My other suggestion:  Once you hit the Warrior comeback in '98...start getting ready.  That's the begining of the end.  WCW manages to prop itself up for awhile, afterwards...mostly by using Goldberg VERY well for awhile....but it all falls to shit when Goldberg's streak ends.    From that point on it's pretty much all over but the crying.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13238 on: February 02, 2009, 12:47:40 PM »

Don't get too discouraged by the early ones...they weren't that great (in terms of wrestling, production...any of it).   They get better pretty quick.

I remember the first one as being in a MALL with Lex Luger showing up (they signed him THAT morning...he'd been in the WWF without a contract).  Even the Pillman and Sting vs Flair matches were a little flat.

But by the time '96 rolled in, they'd gotten pretty darn good.

My other suggestion:  Once you hit the Warrior comeback in '98...start getting ready.  That's the begining of the end.  WCW manages to prop itself up for awhile, afterwards...mostly by using Goldberg VERY well for awhile....but it all falls to shit when Goldberg's streak ends.    From that point on it's pretty much all over but the crying.
Well I have actually seen the first ever Nitro, a couple of years since so my minds a bit sketchy, I seem to remember a Guerrero vs Benoit match or something featuring one of them, possibly, I've seen a fair few in the past, a site used to upload the WWE 24/7 RAW/Nitro shows so you could see what was on each week, I think they were from 96 or 97, what I do remember (more I think about it, pretty sure it was 96), Nitro really was superior, unfortunately, the site was never consistent for uploading and probably only totalled a dozen tops.  This new site I've found, at the moment (it only began a week or so since), Has every Nitro from the start through to May 1998, and for once its not one of these, must register via invite or elite sites.  I'm thinking I'll download the PPVs to, once again I've only seen a handful of WCW PPVs and they were kind of lackluster, but my OCD tendencies make me feel the need to watch things properly....although on that basis I'll eventually be downloading Thunder  Cry

Here is the link for anyone wanting to get some classics they cover pretty much everything, obviously they don't have loads being in their infant stages:

http://www.overtopropetorrents.com/
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13239 on: February 02, 2009, 10:01:43 PM »

Well looks like alot of us and the professionals jumped the gun on the orton/mcmahon storyline saying why did they let shane beatup there top 3 stars...well on raw tonight they had a pretty good setup for it

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: