Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828169 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13180 on: January 23, 2009, 06:57:29 PM »

Am I imagining things or do Cody Rhodes and Mike Knox have the same finisher? And doesnt Koslov and Eziquiel have the same finisher too?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13181 on: January 23, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »

Am I imagining things or do Cody Rhodes and Mike Knox have the same finisher? And doesnt Koslov and Eziquiel have the same finisher too?
Cody's is different to Knox's.  If I remember Cody's is from the reverse DDT position and Knox's is from the front position.

As for Kozlov, I thought his finisher was that lame headbutt while Zeke's is a modified Rock Bottom.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13182 on: January 24, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »

Cody's is different to Knox's.  If I remember Cody's is from the reverse DDT position and Knox's is from the front position.

As for Kozlov, I thought his finisher was that lame headbutt while Zeke's is a modified Rock Bottom.

Kozlov has another 'chokeslam/rock bottom/book end' variant too - its basically the 'showstoper' Big Show used to do

...hell, one could be inclined to say half the moves going are the same core move nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13183 on: January 24, 2009, 03:52:31 PM »

PWInsider.com is reporting that famed rock band AC/DC will be performing the theme to this year's Wrestlemania 25 event. Vince McMahon reportedly became a big AC/DC fan back in 2000 when Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live. He has since attended a concert of theirs with John Cena which has been written about in a few tabloids and news outlets.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13184 on: January 25, 2009, 04:27:21 AM »

PWInsider.com is reporting that famed rock band AC/DC will be performing the theme to this year's Wrestlemania 25 event. Vince McMahon reportedly became a big AC/DC fan back in 2000 when Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live. He has since attended a concert of theirs with John Cena which has been written about in a few tabloids and news outlets.

Thats pretty kool. I like AC/DC alot.

BTW Edge is the best heel in the industry. I love everything he's doing. Hell, he is one of the best heels ever and its still early in his career..I mean he could potentially have several good years left in him. There is no heel in any wrestling brand right now better than Edge. I have a total heterosexual man-crush on this dude.  hihi

Now all they need to do is bring back Kennedy and build him up again. I think he could be a killer face because his mic work is pretty good and I think he has the charisma to carry a crowd..they just need to build him up. I see him as a shining star if used properly. Personally, I would love to see Edge vs. Kennedy headlining a wrestlemania someday. If the fucker could stay healthy I think Kennedy could be a major star..if built up properly....I dunno, maybe im in lala land...the ring work is ok, needs some work..but damn there is just something about this dude I really like. smoking
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:29:29 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13185 on: January 25, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »

yey

I saw TNA on their UK tour last night

I've been to gigs across the country, and I've even seen WWE live before - but the crowd last nite was like nothing I'd heard before

Electric from start to finish

Strangely enough the crowd cheered just about everyone regardless of heel status....with the exception of Jeff Jarrett! He fought Angle in a superb main event, the crowd cheered for Jarrett at the beging and end of the match, but during it they were firmly with Kurt Angle! Never heard a crowd chant 'thank you Jeff' - and then boo!

The crowd really didnt like Matt Morgan though - they chanted 'you cant wrestle' relentlesly, thats harsh - he very much can wrestle, poor guy...

Not sure how they managed a tour in the UK at the same time as IMPACT duties...

Shame Sting was too lazy to make the plan trip but we did get Scott Steiner which came as a pleasant surprise

AJ Styles was the 'man of the match' - pulled off a stunning double sumersault off the ropes to pin Morgan

According to Dixie Carter this was the largest crowd in TNA history (and the place was jam packed) - apparently the UK is getting IMPACT or a PPV later this year, intresting....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:13:49 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13186 on: January 25, 2009, 10:02:42 PM »

I called it when it first happened that matt Hardy is gonna do the jealous brother angle and it would be fucking GOLD for WWE. Unfortunately they are too fucking dumb these days to know a good angle if it bit them in the ass.

our luck it will turn out to be HHH or something

Sometimes I get a prediction right

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13187 on: January 25, 2009, 10:55:23 PM »

I called it when it first happened that matt Hardy is gonna do the jealous brother angle and it would be fucking GOLD for WWE. Unfortunately they are too fucking dumb these days to know a good angle if it bit them in the ass.

our luck it will turn out to be HHH or something

Sometimes I get a prediction right
Yet you even get a prediction wrong there to, saying they are too dumb to do it  Tongue
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13188 on: January 26, 2009, 07:31:22 AM »

"The Wrestler" star Mickey Rourke was at tonight's Screen Actors Guild Awards in Hollywood and spoke about a possible appearance at WrestleMania 25.

We now have confirmation that Rourke will in fact be in Houston on April 5th. PWTorch.com reports that Rourke is "officially signed" to appear at WWE's showcase event.

This evening, Rourke spoe to Access Hollywood on the red carpet and said, ?The nicest thing has been the whole wrestling community embracing us. The movie was about their world.?

He continued, ?The boys from the WWE called me and asked me to do it. I said, ?I want to.? I?m talking with [WWE legend] Rowdy Roddy Piper about it.?

Just as he did on the E! channel's pre-show, Mickey Rourke cut another promo on Chris Jericho. "Chris Jericho, you better get in shape," Rourke said. "Because I'm coming after your ass."

Looks like Rourke could be this years Wrestlemania celeb. This would be AMAZING!

Randy "The Ram" Robinson vs Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania XXV.

Ram Jam!  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13189 on: January 26, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »

Wow, I never thought I'd see Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase in the final four of the Royal Rumble....

Also, Santino's performance was awesome hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #13190 on: January 27, 2009, 06:40:57 AM »

Looks like they're going ahead with the Mickey Rourke/Jericho angle. If we get anything like this at Wrestlemania I will be extremely pleased. (Im trying to be realistic)  Tongue

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Randy "The Ram" Robinson vs Chris Jericho

World Championship
John Cena vs Randy Orton

WWE Championship
Triple H vs Edge

No DQ Handicap Match
Legacy vs Shane McMahon

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
John Morrison vs Shelton Benjamin vs R-Truth vs Rey Mysterio vs Christian vs The Brian Kendrick vs Finlay vs M.V.P.

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker

Intercontinental Championship 2 Out of 3 Falls Match
CM Punk vs William Regal

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13191 on: January 27, 2009, 07:59:08 AM »

Randy should have kicked Stephanie in the head.

Would have been a much better ending that Shane demolishing Randy and his Legacy.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13192 on: January 27, 2009, 10:31:37 AM »

Shane looked like it was exhausting him to throw those punches last night... Undecided

I guess he hasn't been in the ring for a while...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13193 on: January 27, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »

2 Elimination Chambers and Shane Mcmahon vs Randy Orton by the looks of things, No Way Out is shaping up quite nicely.

Why the heck is Kofi Kingston in the Chamber though?  Next they'll be putting Mike Knox in  hihi
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #13194 on: January 27, 2009, 11:03:05 AM »

Why the heck is Kofi Kingston in the Chamber though? 
Probably for what WWE will consider as a "memorable" highspot.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13195 on: January 27, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »

Why the heck is Kofi Kingston in the Chamber though? 
Probably for what WWE will consider as a "memorable" highspot.
Ah! The ol' "Oh my god, Kofi's been broken in half" spot.

Exits pod, climbs chamber, flies, crashes...burns....pinned...gone.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13196 on: January 27, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »

Glad to see Shane back last night, he is obviously out of shape but it comes off real with him...Mcmahon family is great when there involved

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13197 on: January 27, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »

It was great to have him back and he always delivers in the ring, but he really does push himself too much.  I know they wanted to get over the fact that he was beyond pissed off, but come on, he took out the whole of Legacy, Orton couldn't even stand, how weak did that make them look?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13198 on: January 27, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »

Raw was fucking GAY last night.

I like Shane McMahon but jesus, does this guy not know that he is killing the illusion of wrestling.

First he makes RVD look human by stealing his inhuman move that no one else "COULD DO" or ever tried.

I mean if the boss' son can do it, how hard is it?

Then, last night, the boss' son, who isn't even a fucking wrestler beats the shit out of your top 3 heels at the same god damn time?

Anyone who thinks that was great should never complain about Vince Russo again.

that was just retarded.

so now, at WM we are suppose to believe Orton can beat John Cena when he gets his ass beat by the boss' son?

John Cena can't kick Orton's ass but Shane can whip the entire legacy at the same time?

DUMB

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #13199 on: January 28, 2009, 05:52:32 AM »

Matt Hardy to Smackdown eh?  After what happened at the Rumble it's not too much of a surprise I guess and should make for some good feuding between the Hardy Boys.

Don't Damn Me!!
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: