Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825366 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12720 on: October 15, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »

Thing is, without a friend high-up most guys jobs are pretty much constantly on the line. So-called favourites always get a push or the benefit of the doubts. I guess Triple H gave Cade the dreaded "Can't work" tag following his showing and he got the boot. Same thing happened to Mike Awesome in 2001 and CM Punk in 2005.

count the high profile fuck ups he had

The ladder during Jericho's promo which was fucking embarrassing.

The blown spot I mentioned previously'

I didnt see it, but maybe he can be blamed for nearly injuring HBK on the dive outside that they had to reshoot how many times?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12721 on: October 15, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »

A 3 Disc Set...  Shocked

So we have the basic story.

Debut at Badd Blood 1997.

Whole storyline with Undertaker [Insert Wrestlemania Match].

His First Blood win over Austin and 1 Day World Heavyweight Title reign.

Joining the Corporation.

Turning face.  Joining up with X-Pac then the split.

Toss in a few matches.

Few years on, lose the mask.

Fast Forward to Lita losing the baby and the Snitsky battles.

Finish with the ECW Title win?

I'm struggling here, they best have a long bio part cos the matches probably won't be too stellar.

Could 1 of the 3 Dvd's be his movie he made, THat Horror movie, that would really help fill up a 3 disc set of Kane

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12722 on: October 16, 2008, 07:11:25 AM »

JR blog on the Cade situation:

As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw.

The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many pundits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability.

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation.

Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him.

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation.

So before anyone says "How is having a seizure his fault?" I think its obviously implied something he is on/doing that he shouldn't be caused it.

He'll be back one day, he is big, can cut a promo (normally) and is half decent in the ring, that pretty much covers the WWE Checklist.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12723 on: October 16, 2008, 01:43:37 PM »

How can JR give a reason like Cade having a seizure as a reason why he was released, you release someone for a medical condition you can get sued, and also coming froming JR who had the seizure like disease back in the day that paralized half his face how could JR mention that? Hell JR was pissed was WCW Nitro was mocking him about it, but if Cade has one its ok to release him?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12724 on: October 16, 2008, 01:53:51 PM »

So before anyone says "How is having a seizure his fault?" I think its obviously implied something he is on/doing that he shouldn't be caused it.
Wink
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12725 on: October 16, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »

Wink

I hope so they would give some valid reason then instead of leaving fans to wonder the internet looking for rumors , like those from JR, If he was on something they could say released due to wellness policy.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12726 on: October 16, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »

Lol, that blog was a polite way of saying the man was drugged up and didnt have enough stock for a second chance

..why do wrestlers still do drugs and steroids when WWE tests them - do they some how think the test will be botched??

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12727 on: October 16, 2008, 10:26:48 PM »

Another poster is out, I quite like this one:

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12728 on: October 17, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »

Jim Ross noted in a new blog (which you can read at this link) that on a recent plane flight, Cade had a seizure and was taken off the plane. Lilian Garica, who was on the flight, made sure he was rushed by ambulance to the hospital where he had several tests done. They found nothing wrong with him. However, whatever it was that caused the problem was enough for WWE to cut ties with him. One belief is that he could have been the wrong guy on the wrong day in the sense that they just had an issue with Jeff Hardy being removed from a flight and did nothing about it. Whether it was setting an example or they felt they had to let him go remains to be seen.

Shawn Michaels was seen as a big proponent of Cade's backstage, which was evident when Michaels put him over on TV a few weeks ago leading into the No Mercy PPV. With Cade's win over Michaels and being aligned with Chris Jericho, it looked like Cade's long-awaited break was finally coming. Cade, who isn't commenting in full on his release from WWE, did say he knows what he did to cause the release, but felt things could have been handled better on both sides. He is now looking at working the independent scene and doing things with his career that he wanted to do before signing with WWE. It should be noted that Michaels destroying Cade the night after No Mercy on Raw with all the chair shots was not a reaction to him having a bad night on the 9/29 Raw against DX and had nothing to do with him being let go.

Cade did work Raw house shows over the weekend in Reno and San Bernardino, going over D'Lo Brown at both events.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12729 on: October 17, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

WWE are the biggest bunch of hypocritical bastards in the world.

fuck them

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12730 on: October 18, 2008, 08:27:22 AM »

WWE are the biggest bunch of hypocritical bastards in the world.

fuck them

I've always wondered how ''natural'' Mr McMahon's body builder frame was....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Olorin
« Reply #12731 on: October 18, 2008, 09:56:20 AM »

It couldnt have been natural, he put on too much mass in too short a time.

He was probably always in great shape and had the best access to training facilities, personal trainers, nutritionists etc for most of his life. But building up to when he went into the ring against Stone Cold he put on a lot of weight. Compare him to how lean he looked just a couple of years beforehand, its night and day.

The fact is he is too old to have made those gains unassisted. Any experienced bodybuilder will always advocate that steroid use is unneccecary in most people who are under 30, you can make great gains in mass with the correct diet, correct training and rest. As you get older your body produces less testosterone, energy levels drop and its takes you longer to recover - thats when steroids can become useful to someone who is really obsessed about gaining mass.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12732 on: October 18, 2008, 11:07:34 AM »

It couldnt have been natural, he put on too much mass in too short a time.

He was probably always in great shape and had the best access to training facilities, personal trainers, nutritionists etc for most of his life. But building up to when he went into the ring against Stone Cold he put on a lot of weight. Compare him to how lean he looked just a couple of years beforehand, its night and day.

The fact is he is too old to have made those gains unassisted. Any experienced bodybuilder will always advocate that steroid use is unneccecary in most people who are under 30, you can make great gains in mass with the correct diet, correct training and rest. As you get older your body produces less testosterone, energy levels drop and its takes you longer to recover - thats when steroids can become useful to someone who is really obsessed about gaining mass.

It's Vince's COmpany for the most part, if Vince hired you to do the wellness policy do you think you could sit there and ever test Vinnie Mac for steriods. He's above his own rules.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12733 on: October 18, 2008, 01:32:08 PM »

Since he's not an active wrestler on the roster he doesn't come under the list of those who are tested, so that pretty much covers it.

People who fail the tests, are never those with big political power, or who are the #1 star.

Lashley, Jeff Hardy, Chris Masters, Umaga, Booker T, The Great Khali.  Never those who will be really "protected".

The fact Batista and John Cena have never failed is laughable.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12734 on: October 18, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »

I've always heard the Triple H is all ''natural'', one of the few

..though if he failed the ol' wellness policy that would make an awkward family dynamic!

anyway, ol' Ezequial - needs to keep his shirt on if he is to wrestle! That must be the best chokeslam i've seen in ages - though in true WWE fashion the same move can have 5 different names...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12735 on: October 18, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »

Well, if HHH, Batista and Cena are on steroids, they could be excused if they have a doctor's note for say Testosterone or something. They give that to guys in their mid 30's, 40's etc to replace declining test levels.

UT clearly juices. Look at his body fat 5 years ago compared to now. He came back and was shredded.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12736 on: October 18, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »

The old school vs new school angle on TNA is awesome! If u aren't watching TNA, u should just for this angle.

AJ Styles has improved 5 million percent on the mic.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12737 on: October 18, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »

That must be the best chokeslam i've seen in ages
More of a variation on the Rock Bottom wouldn't you say.....like the Rock Bottom....but better.

5 million percent  hihi

He wasn't that bad, to have improved that much he'd be like the best promo cutter ever.  Exageration...slightly  Tongue
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12738 on: October 19, 2008, 06:30:36 AM »

That must be the best chokeslam i've seen in ages
More of a variation on the Rock Bottom wouldn't you say.....like the Rock Bottom....but better.

lol, that was the point i was making - isnt the rock bottom in turn the 'book end'... which in turn is a chokeslam.....which in turn....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12739 on: October 19, 2008, 07:13:47 AM »

Bound for Glory

OMG

Amazing

Jarret v Angle was fantastisc

..and Sting v Joe - what a match!

That's what wrestling is all about

They are working their whole respect angle so well - Joe clearly needed to be taught a lesson there

Didnt think TNA would change the title, but it was the right call

Joe is really quite a wrestler - neither face nor heel, he's something unique - and the look in his eyes, the chants of 'Joe is gonna kill ya' are more than a bit menancing - and probably true!

Abyss on fire was a bit distressing - that was skin on fire there.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: