Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:18:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824418 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12420 on: August 19, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »

ok i just got done watching SS and i have to say the best thing WWE has going for them right now is Jericho. He was brilliant in the HBK segment as was HBK (give him his due) and i think Y2J should be the one to take CM Punks title after the fued with HBK is done.

I really hope that HBK puts Jericho over coz he deserves it and along with Edge he now is a super heel. I have no problem with HBK picking up a predictable win against Jericho but this feud should propell Jericho to the next level. But heres my moan. HBK has had plenty of chances to put people over in the past and hasn't always delivered. I think WWE should reconise that Jericho is now on par (at least) with HBK as far as current status goes and should be pushed right to the top. I even think a little stable with Jericho at the head of it would be brilliant... say Jericho, Cade & Priceless.

I've always liked Jericho but SS showed me he was ready to be put in that next category. Its not often i look forward to segments with HBK, but i have to say at the moment HBK & Jericho (along with the comedy of Glamarella) is the best thing going and i cant wait for the fued to re-ignite... i just hope HBK puts him over! PLEASE!

On other notes Undertaker vs Edge delivered big time. You'll never get another Taker vs Mankind but this was the closest so far for me. Edge just gets better and better.... between him, Punk, Cena and Jericho i really believe you have some talent that can run for years to come yet. HHH, Undertaker and HBK will always be in that legendary category but Jericho and Edge are earning stripes and throw Cena into that mix you have alot of top stars or potential top stars. Personally i'm excited to have two top level heels again.

Cena vs Batista... what can i say ... i respect both men more after the match. And Cena has now lost on his last 3 PPV's crazy hey! but thats why i respect Cena so much... he is clearly in the top tier with HHH and Undertaker but he is a true company man... He took his run when WWE needed him and was brilliant (even if he's not to everyones liking) and now he is putting people over.... why? coz thats what the company needs.... Absoultly brilliant... he could teach certain above mentioned stars a thing or two. I'm really hoping for a Cena vs Batista WM title match with Cena picking up the win..... I think he deserves it even if he isn't the best wrestler around.

HHH vs Khali.... hmmm probally the worst match, but HHH finds a way to create a story in every match.... the whole can he pedigree him thing was well executed and was probally one of Khalis better matches.

Glamarella - Brilliant some of the funniest stuff since the Rock. The Maria skit was awesome! Both of them are just worth tuning in for alone. I'm glad they won too... mainly coz i'm not a huge Kingston fan... i think he's ok but nothing special. I really hope that they run  with Beth helping santino win until a time where he thinks he is doing it all (sorta like inspector gadget haha) and then a break up could be equally hilarious.

MVP vs Jeff Hardy - I like both and think both deserve bigger pushes. MVP needs a proper finisher IMO and then i think a HHH vs MVP feud could be brilliant. Not saying MVP to win the title but even in defeat i think he could move up in status.

CM Punk vs JBL - Yeah as expected but its good to see. I remember when Punk won it. i said he had to have the Belt after SS to be credible.... well he has that now and i think the title run has been good for him. The match announced on Raw doesn't look good for him in terms of opponents (some big names) but the match would allow him to retain IMO coz he could be pinned 2 times and sneak a last minute win over Kane or JBL to retain.... my gut says he probally won't but i think the weird match format offers up some interesting situations.

Personally i hope he retains somehow and then can move onto a program with Jericho with Y2J de-throning him.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:50:21 PM by Gnrfan » Logged

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12421 on: August 19, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »

It was nice to see Edge and Taker end up outside the cell, even if it was just for that big spear-through-the-table spot. No HIAC match has left the cell since 2002. You could hear the crowd booing when Edge went back into the cell. hihi

Oh, and I think Carlito's brother or something debuted last night. I don't know, I think I blinked at that point. Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12422 on: August 19, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »

If last night wasnt considered pushing Jericho as a Main Event Heel i don't know what would. I think CM would be dropping the Title at Unforgiven and maybe fueding with Jericho until HBK comes back....

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12423 on: August 19, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »

Punk has been booked nearly as well as possible.. You can't put him further up the card than Batista and Cena the fans won't buy it, he is not as popular....yet.

EVERYTIME he loses a match it's automatically poor booking, as champion he has to be invincible, obviously.  Have you seen the size of the guy, they are using a modicum of realism, making him a monster crushing everyone just will not work.

Now his booking against Batista was hokey, but that outside it's been fine.  Like him or not JBL is being pushed as a top star, heck he beat Cena, cleanly, and now Punk has beaten him twice.  His defeat to Jericho last night was due to Cade getting involved, until then he had the match won, plus they were selling the fact he was suffering from fighting the night before, whereas Jericho hadn't so he was fresh, it's win-win if they are looking long term.

The Championship Scramble looks like a match devised so Punk can win while keeping everyone over, assuming he does and Jericho ties up his loose ends, they can then feud and Jericho can claim he deserves his shot having a non-title win over him.

This is much different to the Mysterio fiasco which people liken it to, the dude lost like 3 times in a row to Finlay and Henry, cleanly, who when mere midcarders at the top and Khali.

Cut the guy a break.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12424 on: August 19, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »

EVERYTIME he loses a match it's automatically poor booking, as champion he has to be invincible, obviously.  Have you seen the size of the guy, they are using a modicum of realism, making him a monster crushing everyone just will not work.

Yeah i think everyone thinks of Cena's run as the yardstick now... but before that champions used to lose now and again especially in Tag matches. I think Hammy is right, the booking has been done the only way it could be really to keep it believable (seeing as he lost his ECW title to Chavo... who is now losing to Evan Bourne) while keeping Cena and Batista at the top.

My questions are:

1/ Has anyones view of Cena gone up recently... coz mine has. Brilliant Promos and a willingness to put other workers over for the good of the company.

2/ Assuming that Cena does not win the title at Unforgiven... that will be 4 PPV's in a row where he has lost (or not won). Is it starting to do his credibility damage? or is he so big now he is in a league of his own and nothing can touch him.

3/ Does anyone else think Jericho in a small stable would be a good idea? When he came out at SS he had Stable leader written all over him. I'm thinking Y2J, Cade & Priceless

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12425 on: August 19, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »

1/ Has anyones view of Cena gone up recently... coz mine has. Brilliant Promos and a willingness to put other workers over for the good of the company.
I've had a high view of him for a while now, seems like a great guy, although he still has a lot of improving to do in the ring, thanks to his love or hate, get a huge crowd response value, when he's up against someone big, things generally work.  It used to be because they carried him (+ crowd response), i.e. Trips, HBK etc. But with Batista those guys too their skill sets, made the most out of them and I thought the match was great, I've read a lot of people who say it was dull and boring, I don't know how they could think that.  I hope (and think) they may be now looking at holding off the rematch to Wrestlemania.

2/ Assuming that Cena does not win the title at Unforgiven... that will be 4 PPV's in a row where he has lost (or not won). Is it starting to do his credibility damage? or is he so big now he is in a league of his own and nothing can touch him.
He's crushed JBL so many times, it was simply a lil retribution for the guy.  Trips had to even the score as well, although it should of been done on a bigger PPV.  As for Batista defeating him I think it was simply because when they rematch Cena will win and it'll be at Wrestlemania so they had to give Dave the win, despite his age because of his relative newness to the business he is still treated as the future as well.  It works anyway, Batista's quietly been building up a solid push recently.  They left no doubt in showing he was better than Punk, had him come out on top in his feud with HBK (Yeah...HBK put him over there so  Tongue and while I'm diverting to this subject since his 2002 return HBK has put over Edge, Flair, Trips, Orton, Edge, Jericho he is way different to the guy of pre-2002) and with this win over Cena his build is going great.  With a long build-up they can do great with this they really can.  I was annoyed that they did this match on short notice for Summerslam but looking to the long term it works, and WWE are so good at the video packages, even when business sucks these are top notch and the whole 6 years in the making stuff, it really worked.  But yeah haha back to the point Cena is left looking fine, he got that special treatment that's reserved for the top men, he crushed the Tag Champions in a Handicap match.

3/ Does anyone else think Jericho in a small stable would be a good idea? When he came out at SS he had Stable leader written all over him. I'm thinking Y2J, Cade & Priceless
Maybe I'd rather Priceless were part of the rumoured Generation Stable with Orton and a repackaged Deuce or Evolution 2.0 with Orton and a heel Batista.  But if they don't go for those then yeah, I'm all for Stable Warfare.  I'd like a return at Survivor Series to having 4-0n-4 and 5-On-5 throughout the card, so we actually get ones focused just on midcarders, rather than predictable ones where you are left with Main Eventers.  Say La Familia (Chavo, Bam & Edgeheads) vs Evan Bourne, Biscuits & Gravy and Scotty Goldman.  Or The Brian Kendrick, Ezekiel, Gregory Helms & Vladimir Kozlov vs Kennedy Kennedy, Super Crazy, Scotty Goldman & Festus.  So yeah on that unrelated note, bring randomness back to Survior Series.  Prime example of that greatness was 1995's Wildcard Match.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12426 on: August 19, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »

I would love to See Jericho with Cade team up with Priceless as a Heel Stable. I just think RKO is so over when he comes back he is going to be the top heel and not need a group. Not that I am against it, I would love to see more heel groups, They are always the best.

Whether it be

JBL, Priceless, and someone else

Jericho, Cade, and Priceless.

RKO, Priceless, Carlito, 2nd Generation Member,

MVP with any other 3-4 Members.

Also Apprciate what Cena is doing and I think he is at the top and a few losses in a row isnt going to turn him into Cenadomintion.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12427 on: August 19, 2008, 09:31:19 PM »

I think Cena is doing good. at lest he isn't turning into a hogan. course I wish he would put a little more work on his in ring game but regardless he is doing good .
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12428 on: August 19, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »

What holding onto the WWF Strap for over 3 years and not putting anyone over? Thats just Hogan being Hogan

SPEAKING of the Hulkster

PWInsider is reporting that Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling reality show will debut on Saturday, October 10 at 8:00 p.m. ET on CMT. The show will run eight one hour episodes featuring celebrities training to become professional wrestlers. Also scheduled to appear on the show includes Eric Bischoff, Jimmy Hart, Rob Van Dam, Bill Goldberg, Brian Knobbs and Brutus Beefcake.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12429 on: August 20, 2008, 03:50:20 AM »

As I said before the Cena-Batista match was better than expected but no better than a decent match.

Raw needs a top heel. Despertly. JBL and Kane do not fit the bill. And Jericho is nowhere near edge but he could get close and should be THE top heel on raw.

Speaking of Edge..I love this man...

Edge is the best heel in the wwe. Hell, he's the best in years. I just absolutely love what edge is doing. He is the top guy in the company right now. HBK is my favorite wreslter of all-time. But right now I can't think of anybody doing a better job than Edge. He is just fucking awesome. And I can't get enough it. Edge is a star. He is the best thing the wwe has and has had for years. 

Oh and BTW I am still in favor of Cena-free wrestling. Nuff' Said.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12430 on: August 20, 2008, 07:24:46 AM »

Off topic, but on.....

I'm watching "Mike and Mike in the Morning" on ESPN2 as I type this.

JOHNATHAN COACHMAN is doing the Sportscenter updates on the 20 minute marks (on the hour, and at :20 and :40 past).

Weird, eh?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12431 on: August 20, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »

Yeah...HBK put him over there so  Tongue and while I'm diverting to this subject since his 2002 return HBK has put over Edge, Flair, Trips, Orton, Edge, Jericho

I did some research (and by that i mean Google) on this, expecting this..... Undertaker is the only wrestler on the current WWE roster who has a plus record against HBK. None of the above mentioned have even a drawing record against him. Admittedly HHH and Edge both lost twice to him early in their careers which would put HHH level with him. All the rest above (aside from Orton, couldn't find info on them fighting) have beaten HBK, but then have either lost to him in the last match of the feud or a match soon after. Thats not putting people over. HHH losing to Batista 3 times in a row is putting someone over. Or Undertaker losing clean to Cena twice in a row.

Thats what i wanna see from HBK. He is supposedly injured, so there is an excuse there.... Put jericho over in two consectutive 1on1 matches. Then i'll give him his credit coz RAW needs a top heel and if reports of him turning that role down are true then he should at least help create one in Jericho. Now i have already said that i think HBK and Y2J have done extremley well with this fued.... in fact along with early D-X stuff it my favourite HBK moment in recent years but it means nothing unless he is willing to lose..... not because of someone, but just LOSE. I know Batista beat him but that feud was rushed and horrible. But aside from that when was the last time HBK lost a fued with a zero next to his name i.e. Cena = 2 HBK = 0. Not very often!

Maybe I'd rather Priceless were part of the rumoured Generation Stable with Orton and a repackaged Deuce or Evolution 2.0 with Orton and a heel Batista

You see i'm not so sure anymore. I think Jericho would be better as a front man than Orton! the whole Next-Gen thing would be cool but i think if they were to do that it maybe should be a bigger stable like say 6 or 7 guys (Orton, Carlito & Brother, Priceless, Nattie Neidhart & DH Smith) as where Jericho, Cade & priceless just has more quality about it.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12432 on: August 20, 2008, 08:54:39 AM »

I did some research (and by that i mean Google) on this, expecting this..... Undertaker is the only wrestler on the current WWE roster who has a plus record against HBK.

How?  The 3 notable PPV fights they had were....Ground Zero (Draw), Badd Blood (HBK won HIAC) and Royal Rumble '98 (HBK won in a Casket Match).

Feuds need balance anyway.  Look at his fights with Jericho.  In the Royal Rumble 2003 Jericho outsmarted him having Christian pretend to be Jericho and eliminated him first in the match.  At No Way Out he triumphed again against HBK's then protege Jeff Hardy, now having totally dominated the feud, he lost at Wrestlemania yet still got heat back with the low blow at the end, in a fantastic and close battle which showed he was on the same level.  Then in a rematch on RAW, HBK tapped out to the Walls of Jericho.  And that was that feud.

You look at the current feud, they are currently 1-1 match wise, but for the past month Jericho has made HBK's life hell, "Ending his career", "Hitting his wife", feuds like this end with the babyface getting retribution, it's the way they always have and always should go, it's the pay off for fans, the heel does many a dastardly deed and then the face triumphs in the end.

His feud with Batista I liked and The Stretcher Match (The END of the feud), HBK was totally Pw'nd.

And his stuff with Triple H does count because the pre-2002 HBK is the "I won't lay down for anyone" and I'm trying to differentiate the two.  He lost the final match in both their feuds. In a 2 out of 3 Falls Match and a Hell In A Cell.

When he feuded with Flair during Naitch's Evolution days he lost in that to, in the final match of that feud.  And as for their most recent battle Flair wanted to fight and lose to him.  Tongue

And heck as a babyface yeah they often come out on top in a feud, doesn't change the fact he's layed down cleanly for many a star since his return.  Angle, That Canadian, Triple H, Kennedy Kennedy, Edge.

And for someone who does not put people over, it's quite impressive he has a negative Wrestlemania record as a singles star. 5-7

And I can't believe we are back on this subject again hihi
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12433 on: August 20, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »

You look at the current feud, they are currently 1-1 match wise, but for the past month Jericho has made HBK's life hell, "Ending his career", "Hitting his wife", feuds like this end with the babyface getting retribution, it's the way they always have and always should go, it's the pay off for fans, the heel does many a dastardly deed and then the face triumphs in the end.

When he feuded with Flair during Naitch's Evolution days he lost in that to, in the final match of that feud.  And as for their most recent battle Flair wanted to fight and lose to him.  Tongue

Well maybe thats what needs to change! he is stubborn and refuses to do things management ask of him..... Not a company man and thats selfish IMO.

And no one puts flair over. That implies that he is in Flairs league!

Although i've been impressed with the HBK/Jericho fued so far i think it would be a bad ending for HBK to beat him clean. Its basically saying that Jericho (who has potential to be RAW's Edge) can't beat some old half injured guy who hasn't held a world title in years. Yet another great prospect goes begging.

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12434 on: August 20, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »

I did some research (and by that i mean Google) on this, expecting this..... Undertaker is the only wrestler on the current WWE roster who has a plus record against HBK.

How?  The 3 notable PPV fights they had were....Ground Zero (Draw), Badd Blood (HBK won HIAC) and Royal Rumble '98 (HBK won in a Casket Match).

He beat him twice in a year in his rockers days and has a 5-4 record according to google. But it wouldn't suprise me if thats wrong. Like i said HBK has to have his + records

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12435 on: August 21, 2008, 06:50:34 AM »

I kind of doubt he cares about his "+" records, especially ones dating back to his Rockers days.

Pwinsider.com has confirmed that Gail Kim is indeed through with TNA. No details yet regarding this sudden news, but they should be coming out soon.

Kim's profile and photos were quietly removed from the company website earlier today. Regarding the speculation on the removal of her stuff from the website, one TNA source said, "It means exactly what you think it means."

Kim had been with the company for nearly three years - since September 2005. Kim was originally brought in as a pesky heel valet for Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted. When the Knockouts division was created, Kim was pegged as the star babyface. Kim became the first ever TNA Women's Knockout Champion and had a good feud with Awesome Kong. Kim lost the belt on an episode of Impact in January and the focus of the division shifted to some of the other girls. As of late she was a top face in the company, but no longer the top face, sharing the spotlight with Taylor Wilde and ODB.

Shame, she was one of the best in the division.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12436 on: August 21, 2008, 06:52:42 AM »

I kind of doubt he cares about his "+" records, especially ones dating back to his Rockers days.

Pwinsider.com has confirmed that Gail Kim is indeed through with TNA. No details yet regarding this sudden news, but they should be coming out soon.

Kim's profile and photos were quietly removed from the company website earlier today. Regarding the speculation on the removal of her stuff from the website, one TNA source said, "It means exactly what you think it means."

Kim had been with the company for nearly three years - since September 2005. Kim was originally brought in as a pesky heel valet for Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted. When the Knockouts division was created, Kim was pegged as the star babyface. Kim became the first ever TNA Women's Knockout Champion and had a good feud with Awesome Kong. Kim lost the belt on an episode of Impact in January and the focus of the division shifted to some of the other girls. As of late she was a top face in the company, but no longer the top face, sharing the spotlight with Taylor Wilde and ODB.

Shame, she was one of the best in the division.

Yeah i was under the understanding she was a really exciting wrestler and her and Kong basically made the knockouts what it is. Suprising.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12437 on: August 21, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »

Yeah i was under the understanding she was a really exciting wrestler and her and Kong basically made the knockouts what it is. Suprising.
I'd expect she's fallen out with the wrong people or something, it would not make sense to fire her.

Now she's spent 4 years away from WWE and greatly improved I wonder if they'd consider resigning her.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12438 on: August 21, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »

I'd expect she's fallen out with the wrong people or something, it would not make sense to fire her.

Now she's spent 4 years away from WWE and greatly improved I wonder if they'd consider resigning her.

Well both TNA and WWE seem to be placing more emphasis on Womens wrestling being more than just eye-candy, and i think to do that signing talented workers like her are essential. I mean i'm not the biggest fan of a division for womens wrestling but Gail Kim vs Beth Pheonix would be worth watching i think

[/color]

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12439 on: August 21, 2008, 12:05:41 PM »

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- WWE has plans for Raw General Manager Mike Adamle to wrestle soon. Adamle recently hired a personal trainer in Chicago who works with a number of top athletes because he was told to get ready to wrestle in the near future. Adamle does have an athletic background as he was a very good NFL player at one point, but that was a little over 30 years ago. On another note, Adamle still works as a sportscaster for the NBC affiliate based out of Chicago on a freelance basis.

hihi I cannot wait to see this.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: