Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825396 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12260 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »

...Oh and what an impressive beard!
It's the wave of the future....

To be fair though, DH broke the Wellness Policy Once.
That was plain retarded.  He broke it before he was called up, so they called him up anyway, pushed him for a few weeks, announced he'd failed, suspended him and ever since have doomed him to jobberdom.  There is no justification either.  Outsiders could say, he failed a Drug Test so he deserves punishing, and I'd say, sure, fair enough.  But how come Jeffrey and Randall get pushes as soon as they return?

Although I do like your idea of a non-HIAC match on a HIAC set, that would be the ultimate Russo swerve! hihi
Russo swerve you say, bang on that Arquette, DDP, Jarrett Triple Cage match, it'll do Tongue

Todd Grisham introduces every match and does a quick interview with one of the guys thats in the match.
Grisham you say, right that's it, I'm not buying it.

Although saying that I wouldn't have bought it anyway.  Only half those matches are really worth owning and I've collected a fair few already, plus the logo blurring on the early matches in many cases ruins them, as a Brit your best with Tagged Classics, especially for the best ones.  I mean I'm guessing you have the From the Vault DVD anyway so you'll have the best one, Undertaker's first and best can be found on the stellar King of the Ring '97/'98 sets, I mean for these sets to have worth they need to really give you something extra, unique.  I like how the last HBK one had a number of TV matches which you could not of got else where, shit like that is good thinking.

This DVD banter makes me think, what DVDs that we don't have would YOU like to see from the guys at Titan Towers.

How about sorting out their qualms with Goldberg and doing a 173-0 with it featuring all the televised and PPV wins.  With many squash matches and many happening on house shows it would not be as extensive or impossible really, they could cram it onto 3 or 4 discs.  Bonus Match: Goldberg winning the World Title in WWE.  Russo Swerve Special Limited Edition Bonus Match: Nash ending the streak, the limited DVD could be called 173-1  hihi

It's long been said but we need a Ted Dibiase one, he's on good terms with the company so I guess we'll see one in the future, I may have even read about it a few months ago, I forget.

With the EXTENSIVE library they have I would like some "Best of" Collections for each year in wrestling.  I mean they could start in '85 and just cover great matches from all the different companies they have for each year.  With AWA, WCW, WCCW, WWE, ECW and many more libraries it could be so extensive, heck they could go as far as naming them "The Best of American Wrestling Volume 10: 1994", plug out a few Discs, bang there you go.

Also despite them pissing all over them these days, a DVD looking at Tag Teams would be really good.  Let's face it, they may of done a Road Warriors one but they are the exception, not the rule, generally they won't consider a team to be popular enough or to have enough material to warrant a DVD, but a Boxset covering numerous ones, interviews, bonus matches would be cool, covering the likes of Nasty Boys, Harlem Heat, Quebecers, Demolition, Rockers etc.

And lastly (for now).  A Wrestlecrapesque one.  We get to see legends like Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan and many more, so much of television it's not even interesting, I'm always interested in these "Where Are They Now?" features.  And a set interviewing stars from years gone by would be a nice lil' novelty.  Doink (Evil), Koko B. Ware, Duke Droese, IRS, Skinner.  True some are agents and such but we don't see much on them and especially don't get career features...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:36:33 PM by Hammy » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12261 on: July 28, 2008, 03:46:45 PM »

Hell in the cell set would be awesome. Just don't put the Nash vs. HHH on there. That one sucked hard.  smoking

Hmmm, I liked that match. Not the best HIAC match but still enjoyable. Taker/Boss Man at Wrestlemania 15 is the weakest. There's no real big spots, just a standard match inside a cell really.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12262 on: July 28, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »

Mick Foley killed the HIAC for everybody

after his two, every one after sucks in comparison.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12263 on: July 28, 2008, 09:38:34 PM »

great avatar you guys  ok  beer
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12264 on: July 28, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »

Mike A(what ever the fuck his name is) is the new GM of RAW? wtf that douche bag fuck is barly an anouncer how the hell is he going to be a GM? rant headscratch

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12265 on: July 29, 2008, 09:18:02 AM »

Raw wasn't bad last night. Another cool Jericho promo, more Santino and Jamie Noble airtime, and of course the best part of Raw imo. The return of William "Super stiff" Regal. I almost forgot how much I enjoyed watching this guy. I know he's just back from his suspension, but I hope the WWE still decide to go ahead and give him that push and title run they were planning on giving him. Although he didn't beat Punk, Regal owned him in that match, with those super stiff kicks and knees. He's never been better!

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #12266 on: July 29, 2008, 01:04:41 PM »

Santino is a comic genius. That guy has me laughing my ass off every week.

I was really excited to see who the RAW GM was going to be last night, especially since they ruled out William Regal pretty early on, which is who I initially thought it would be. (Man, I'd forgotten just how brutal a wrestler Regal is). I can't believe the GM turned out to be that shitty ECW announcer guy. Nobody even knows his name. What's up with WWE giving the commisioner jobs to people who don't even belong on wrestling? That Mike Adamle guy or whatever his name is doesn't know a goddamn thing about wrestling. He's proven that by his announcing. Every week Tazz has to spend all his time mopping up the dude's on-air errors. I can only imagine all the embarrassing mistakes he's going to make when talking on the mic.

Summerslam is shaping up to be an interesting PPV, although it appears all the matches worth watching are non-title bouts. I'm excited about the Hell in a Cell match between Undertaker and Edge. I think that will end up being the match of the year. And now we've got the first ever match between Cena and Batista. I liked how they teased that possible match-up at the beginning of the show, but I didn't figure we'd see it at the very next PPV. I just thought they were setting the stage for a few months from now. I think it'd be cooler if their first match was a World Title bout. Instead of rushing into it, they could stretch it out over the next few months, build the hype. But whatever, Mike Adamle is the goddamn GM, so everything's going to hell.

HHH vs. Great Khali?Huh? Who the hell wants to pay money to see that?Huh Is there a single person in this world who actually enjoys watching the Great Khali wrestle? And if so, what drugs is that person on??

I guess CM Punk will now be wrestling either Kane or JBL, or both. That doesn't really excite me, either--- unless Kane takes the mask out of his bag and starts wearing it again, and Paul Bearer returns as his manager. Then I might be interested.

I'd like to see CM Punk vs. Jericho, but something tells me that's not going to happen ...

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12267 on: July 29, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF GOD DAMN DUMB SHIT IS THIS?HuhHuh??

Mike Adamle must have pics of  Vince McMahon having Gay Buttsecks with HHH or something.

How in the HELL is he the GM?

I cant believe this shit.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12268 on: July 29, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »

Punk Vs Jericho? Hell that would be a Good Fued as it is a fresh face and a new fresh heel in the mainlight who hasnt been there for the last few years.

HHH vs Khali? I thought they jobbe dhim out to Cena and his size gimmick has worn out, If anything they should push him a comic face wrestler, no one takes his skills serious and I wont pay to see him.

Just like I wont pay to see Henry defend anything.  SS is looking like a shit PPV to me, Add in some Tag Team Title Matches, add some younger talent in. SS once again prooves the Bastita Theory, There is no one for him to fued with lets just grab someone who he hasnt fought recently and start a fued for the next PPV.

Mike Adalme as GM? Genious.   No one seen it coming, this guy is has been a push over, now he is going to have some power (kayfabe) There are writers back stage who will take care of all the booking, but having a little weasel like him could help push the heels to being dirty and cheap again, and raise hell on the faces which everyone likes. Its also going to lead to a bunch of on air mess ups which will help sell WWE RAW being live.

THE THING I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS THE CENA / McMAHON Gillete Commercial. I have never seen this before, so I am taking it as being a newer shoot. and if Vince is in terrible shape, hurt beyond leading WWE or whatever the hell they are trying to sell, how come he can be in a wwe ring for a commercial? Doesnt sit to well with me.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #12269 on: July 29, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »

THE THING I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS THE CENA / McMAHON Gillete Commercial. I have never seen this before, so I am taking it as being a newer shoot. and if Vince is in terrible shape, hurt beyond leading WWE or whatever the hell they are trying to sell, how come he can be in a wwe ring for a commercial? Doesnt sit to well with me.

Yeah, I think that comes across very weird too. I mean, they go from talking about what horrible shape Vince is in on Raw, and then at the next commercial break there he is with John Cena trying to sell razors.

Here Today . . .
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12270 on: July 29, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »

I've just noticed the latest member is called Adam Bomb, Kudos to that member....

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12271 on: July 29, 2008, 03:17:05 PM »

Here's the teaser trailer for Kurt Angles new reality/documentary show entitled; "The Real Angle"

http://www.horizonent.tv/screening_area/the_real_angle.html

Can't wait to see more of this, I'm a big fan of Rocumentarys, Reality and Documentary shows that involve Rock stars or Wrestlers. I have all five seasons of The Hardy Show on DVD, and I am awaiting RVD-TV to be released on DVD aswell. From the look of this show featuring Kurt Angle, it looks as if it will blow the other two out of the water. There is also a part in this clip that shows Kurt talking about his new book, which should be a hell of a read too.  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12272 on: July 29, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »

Here's the teaser trailer for Kurt Angles new reality/documentary show entitled; "The Real Angle"

Can't wait to see more of this, I'm a big fan of Rocumentarys, Reality and Documentary shows that involve Rock stars or Wrestlers. I have all five seasons of The Hardy Show on DVD, and I am awaiting RVD-TV to be released on DVD aswell. From the look of this show featuring Kurt Angle, it looks as if it will blow the other two out of the water. There is also a part in this clip that shows Kurt talking about his new book, which should be a hell of a read too.  yes

WOW

when and where does this air?

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12273 on: July 29, 2008, 04:53:24 PM »

They showed the Vince/Cena commercial on Raw a few weeks ago. Wasn't that before Vinnie got crushed? Or is my mental timeline wrong?

I just assumed that the ad was filmed before Vince's 'accident'.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12274 on: July 29, 2008, 05:42:12 PM »

WOW

when and where does this air?
No time or date has been set on when the show will air, as far as I know anyways. This is just a teaser trailer.  Wink

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12275 on: July 29, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »

They showed the Vince/Cena commercial on Raw a few weeks ago. Wasn't that before Vinnie got crushed? Or is my mental timeline wrong?

I just assumed that the ad was filmed before Vince's 'accident'.

I do flip during commercials but Ive never seen it before, either way its weird. Dont get me wrong I love wrestlers haucking products all the way back to Ultimate Warrior in Slim Jims to Hogan and Old Spice, but its still weird to be talking about  a man in bad shape and an accident and next second hes getting hit by a chair from cena, IF THE ACCIDENT he suffered was "Real" that commericial even if made in advance would of been pulled out of respect.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12276 on: July 29, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »

Macho man did the slim jim commercials..unless Warrior did some too?? I didnt know about that but I do remember macho man's commercials. Slim Jims are fuckin good. drool

Raw was alright. I'm sick of face vs face and i'm sick of said faces having to be partners. I'm sick of them talking about how these faces have to work together and always saying its gonna be interesting to see what happens. It's not fucking interesting anymore. It stopped being interesting a long fucking time ago. Tag matches can be fun but please for the love of god, stop having fueding partners in tag team matches. There's no fucking excitement to it. They work together in a sub-par match than they confront each-other after the match. Fuck. Just stop doing it.  rant smoking

Some of you, i'm sure not meaning to, make it seem like you think Mike Adalme is gonna have power to book matches or something. I think thats funny.  rofl I have a feeling this guy is the next Coachman. Trotted out there for way to fucking long when he should have been fired a long time ago. I also think they are trying to hard to give this guy a persona of being an aloof jack-ass...especially when he has been doing commentary. They have him trying too hard to sound stupid. It just doesn't seem natural.  And whatever commentator is on with him also works a little too hard to point out that adalme's being stupid.   smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12277 on: July 29, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »

I think Warrior Did them First. Then Macho. I rember having to buy them because they were the cool Beef Jerky.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12278 on: July 29, 2008, 06:49:32 PM »

I was hoping Flair would be the GM or even a SCSA return as GM or something or hell even Shane O  Mac.

Mike Adamle?

Ill give him a chance, he may be able to make it work

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12279 on: July 29, 2008, 07:11:09 PM »

FLAIR?  Come one we all deserve a break from him for atleast 12 months.  And everytime he shows up it should restart to another 12 months before he shows up again. Its great seeing a Legend on Special Occasions, but its not so great to make it a special occasion everytime the Legend Flair shows up.  They gave him a Hell of a send off ride, Look how WWE treated Goldberg, and Lesnar in the end, Flair had his moments in the sun and he should ONLY show up when other legends are gathering, never in a wwe ring again.

Stone Cold, I cant just see him being a GM, and last I heard didnt WWE make some good money off his last movie in DVD sales where they were going to make another movie with him?

Shane O'Mac?  Hell yeach there is no one better then him, but being he didnt step up the week after the accident I didnt think it was going to be him.

WIth Mike, they are going with the comedic factor in him being played as a complete stupid jack ass.  It will go weel for the mistakes, mishaps, and LIVE SCENES going bad that WWE is planning in the next few months, Hell maybe they will eventually even throw in an angle where it was him who sabotaged Vince all along to get some respect.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: