Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826615 times)
Evolution
« Reply #12000 on: July 03, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »

That's right....Wrestling!

A strange bit of news with Murdoch getting released. He goes the way of Kenzo Suzuki, Hiroko, Mark Jindrak and Daivari with a pink slip right after getting moved.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:12:29 PM by Evolution » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12001 on: July 03, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »

Damn shame!

He gets a new, although goofy gimmick, new show, is solid in the ring, has good midcard potential and before there is any chance for him to prove himself again, he's gone.  He's either done something he should not have and we'll probably find out in the coming days, or he's the first of many, if so, Mike Knox, run for cover!

And for the first, and last time, here's a Murdoch Flashback!

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12002 on: July 03, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »

On the subjects of teams....

Kip James (formerly known as Billy Gunn) and BG James (formerly known as Road Dogg) have been telling people that they may be going back to WWE. The tag team division in WWE is pretty thin and inexperienced right now, so it would make sense to add a veteran team like the former New Age Outlaws. These two guys still perform as well as they used to be.

Interestingly enough, TNA management has informed them that they?re free to leave if they wished.

One could expect the potential improvement to have of the tag team division in WWE. Afterall, The New Age Outlaws was one of the most reputable tag team in the 90s. Its affiliation to Degeneration X definitely could scale up storylines.

http://wrestlingmat.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/new-age-outlaws-back-to-wwe/

Bring 'em back, I'm sure I'll probably get bored of them in a month and realise I think they are stale and past it, but the initial pop, hearing that music and seeing how on-screen confrontations with Triple H and Shawn Michaels play out would be cool.

well as you know we had BG at one of our shows in Jan 07, he was telling me then that they had the offer to go back whenever they wanted and that they were seriously considering it as they are hugely frustrated in TNA. However he said the major problem for them is the schedual, that there not as fit as they used to be and it could play a major factor.

Oh and while I'm on the Road Dogg topic, he told me Chyna used to be really cool until she got hooked on Crystal Meth, which he said is why HHH dumped her

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12003 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:55 PM »

Trevor Murdoch couldve been a great heel if given the opportunity. I bet he's done something bad.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12004 on: July 03, 2008, 08:53:41 PM »

Trevor Murdoch couldve been a great heel if given the opportunity. I bet he's done something bad.

Yeah i heard he suggested this gimmick:

rofl

as if the hand isn't crazy enough..... its the hair. I just hope he cuts his promos with a massive mic hihi

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12005 on: July 03, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »

hihi Only in Japan.

Seeing your appearance Gnrfan actually reminds me of something you said earlier, about not knowing much about Kofi Kingston, well let's just say he's never getting past midcard status.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12006 on: July 03, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »

Personally I liked Trevor, He was a alright Midcarder and I loved to see him Chewing and being a redneck on TV. I thought he country singing act was a little subpar. I guess he will now be officially the Marty Jennerty of the tag team. Does anyone really think they wish them the best in the future? I mean come on you just made the guy switch brands, made him being a bad singing country singer, then you fired him because that gimmick didnt work, Do you really wish him well WWE?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12007 on: July 04, 2008, 08:12:50 AM »

hihi Only in Japan.

Seeing your appearance Gnrfan actually reminds me of something you said earlier, about not knowing much about Kofi Kingston, well let's just say he's never getting past midcard status.

So whats the thinking in giving him the IC title then?

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12008 on: July 04, 2008, 09:10:06 AM »

hihi Only in Japan.

Honestly, he's black, young and different.  They are obviously making an effort to push new guys and are also trying to target the Afro-American demographic, least that is what the dirt sheets are saying.  Same goes for Henry's push (and to keep him onside).  Thing with Kingston is he's solid in the ring but nobody cares, it's not good when the IC Champ is getting "Conway Pops"
Evolution
« Reply #12009 on: July 04, 2008, 09:54:52 AM »

Plus as Hammy will attest to, I didn't exactly have the most positive to reaction to Kofi winning. When someone who fans respect does a job to someone at the level of Kingston for a belt there is usually a bit of a backlash.

Time will tell whether or not Murdoch will be the Marty Jannetty of the tandem. We might have two Martys!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12010 on: July 04, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »

Plus as Hammy will attest to, I didn't exactly have the most positive to reaction to Kofi winning. When someone who fans respect does a job to someone at the level of Kingston for a belt there is usually a bit of a backlash.

Time will tell whether or not Murdoch will be the Marty Jannetty of the tandem. We might have two Martys!
Kingston got made to look crap, I mean he was well and truly beaten until HBK created the distraction.

Oi! Cade aint ever going to be a Jannetty rant
Evolution
« Reply #12011 on: July 04, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »

Oi! Cade aint ever going to be a Jannetty rant

Fair enough. That title is better suited to Domino anyway!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12012 on: July 04, 2008, 12:09:06 PM »

hihi Only in Japan.

Honestly, he's black, young and different.  They are obviously making an effort to push new guys and are also trying to target the Afro-American demographic, least that is what the dirt sheets are saying.  Same goes for Henry's push (and to keep him onside).  Thing with Kingston is he's solid in the ring but nobody cares, it's not good when the IC Champ is getting "Conway Pops"
It was his first Raw, not sure many of the fans in the audience knew who he was or even cared who is was, may takes a few weeks. I read the same dirt sheets talking about how they are looking to promote african americans.... Is Cryme Tyme next?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12013 on: July 04, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »

hihi Only in Japan.

It was his first Raw, not sure many of the fans in the audience knew who he was or even cared who is was, may takes a few weeks. I read the same dirt sheets talking about how they are looking to promote african americans.... Is Cryme Tyme next?
Run in, in the main event, side by side with Cena, safe to say it's already started.......
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12014 on: July 04, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »

hihi Only in Japan.

Run in, in the main event, side by side with Cena, safe to say it's already started.......
Yeah I seen that , I should of stated, What's NExt Tag gold around Cryme Tyme? I doubt that will happen Looking at the last Tag Teams they buitl up before Entering WWE

1-Cryme Tyme
2-Highlanders
3-Festus / Jesse.

Have amounted to Nothing. I mean for about 6-8 weeks they were booking the Highlanders Hard on Raw I thought for sure they were coming in and going to be tag champions within months. It seems the days or organized, matching attire Tag Teams are over.

<---- Big Fan of Demolition, Original LOD, Rock N Roll, and the other great teams that felt like teams. Hell I even like Money Inc, they were great Heels.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12015 on: July 04, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »

Lol, WWE bringing back the New Age Outlaws - no chance!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12016 on: July 04, 2008, 07:38:40 PM »

I really enjoyed Smackdown tonight. I have a feeling it's going to be better than Raw shortly. The writing and the layout of matches has took a total U turn. Another huge twist on the Vickie/Edge storyline, Edge cuts another fantastic heel promo, Vickie draws quite possibly the most heat she has ever received, M.V.P's VIP Lounge doesn't end with Triple H pedigreeing M.V.P, another superb Jeff Hardy/John Morrison bout and best of all the main event is given to 4 midcarders, and was absolutely fantastic. If allocated a little more time, it could have been a match of the year candidate, and with Matt Hardy standing tall at the end, it was the iceing on the cake for me. I'm quite sure Matt got the biggest pop of the night, and the crowd was on fire from start to finish!

Great Smackdown, hopefully there is more like this one to come!  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12017 on: July 04, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »

I really enjoyed Smackdown tonight. I have a feeling it's going to be better than Raw shortly. The writing and the layout of matches has took a total U turn. Another huge twist on the Vickie/Edge storyline, Edge cuts another fantastic heel promo, Vickie draws quite possibly the most heat she has ever received, M.V.P's VIP Lounge doesn't end with Triple H pedigreeing M.V.P, another superb Jeff Hardy/John Morrison bout and best of all the main event is given to 4 midcarders, and was absolutely fantastic. If allocated a little more time, it could have been a match of the year candidate, and with Matt Hardy standing tall at the end, it was the iceing on the cake for me. I'm quite sure Matt got the biggest pop of the night, and the crowd was on fire from start to finish!

spot on, although Smackdown usually is better wrestling wise than Raw anyway

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12018 on: July 04, 2008, 08:20:58 PM »

spot on, although Smackdown usually is better wrestling wise than Raw anyway
Yeah I mean a few years ago when you have that Canadian Wrestler, Finlay, Lashley, Regal, Matt Hardy, you were always guaranteed a good mid show match that they normally gave a good 20 minutes to.  It's actually big props to Finlay that he was so good he made me believe Lashley was actually a decent wrestler.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12019 on: July 05, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »

M.V.P's VIP Lounge doesn't end with Triple H pedigreeing M.V.P

Good point. I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to get on (sort of) OK and not end up fighting. Hey, it makes a nice change...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: