Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826900 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11960 on: July 02, 2008, 05:10:06 PM »

I cant really buy CM as the heavyweight champ. He just isnt ready to carry the WWE. his wrestling ability is good but the dude looks like something pulled out of a trailer park.
I think he's got a cool alternative look, no issue with that, issue still remains with how he was built up, but I'm prepared for now to say fuck it, it's fresh, it's different, smark mode off it was part of the best RAW in a long while, so all power to it!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11961 on: July 02, 2008, 05:30:37 PM »

He looks more like the Average American more then a Body Builder so the average fan can relte so I think thats good for wwe and punk. I just am not sure how cena fits into the picture i dont want to see those two fueding. Maybe have Cena befriend him and help him out when needed to keep Cena and Punk from Fueding, Punk actually DOES SOME WRESTLING moves, I would love to see JBL thinkinng he is too young and not championship material and see them fued, if not I would love to see Punk hold the title with atleast 1 or 2 ppv succesful defenses, maybe til summerslam, its a fresh alternative to seeing (HHH, CENA, EDGE, BAUTISTA, UNDERTAKER) as the champions. WWE bringing in their big guns to SD to boost that product Punk could really carry raw IF booked right. No More cheasy jobbing ever.

And if anyone thinks him cashing the case in then was stupid you are crazy. It was the perfect time to cash it in, Edge beat down and easy preywhy not cash it in that moment. Edge saved face as he only lost because Baustita whooped him and Punk gained ground cashing in. Freshest Raw I have seen in Months. Look at Raw now, Young World Champion, Young IC Champion, Young 2nd Generation Wrestlers with Tag, they are really pushing the young guys like they should.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11962 on: July 02, 2008, 05:40:39 PM »

What I would really love to see is a Batista heel turn and fued with punk. Batista could show jealous rage over the way punk won it. Batista basiclly handed him the title and that would be a good excuse to get a raw a heel thats not fuckin JBL.

What I am afraid is gonna happen though is CM Punk will drop title to Cena or JBL in a triple threat at GAB than yay we get another crappy jbl/cena fued.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11963 on: July 02, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »

What I would really love to see is a Batista heel turn and fued with punk. Batista could show jealous rage over the way punk won it. Batista basiclly handed him the title and that would be a good excuse to get a raw a heel thats not fuckin JBL.

What I am afraid is gonna happen though is CM Punk will drop title to Cena or JBL in a triple threat at GAB than yay we get another crappy jbl/cena fued.  smoking
Yeah I fear that to but hopefully we are wrong.  A Batista heel turn is needed, he's stale at the moment....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11964 on: July 02, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »

Yeah I fear that to but hopefully we are wrong.  A Batista heel turn is needed, he's stale at the moment....
Bastita Heal turn would be ok, better then him as a face champion but I never thought he had the greatest Mic Skills and thought he did his best heel work as Evolution being a supporter of the group.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11965 on: July 02, 2008, 05:52:05 PM »

Bastita Heal turn would be ok, better then him as a face champion but I never thought he had the greatest Mic Skills and thought he did his best heel work as Evolution being a supporter of the group.
I'm not so much looking at the heel turn being focused around his promo cutting, more a heel turn so he's a sadistic monster taking out the whole roster beating them down to a bloody pulp, and then some...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11966 on: July 02, 2008, 06:02:21 PM »

I'm not so much looking at the heel turn being focused around his promo cutting, more a heel turn so he's a sadistic monster taking out the whole roster beating them down to a bloody pulp, and then some...
More roided up version of Orton?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11967 on: July 02, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »

More roided up version of Orton?
I was thinking a more normal version of Kane when they first demasked him and had him go on a mass rampage, I mean Batista does not need to set anyone on fire or attach jump leads to Shane Mcmahon's balls  hihi
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11968 on: July 02, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »

I just think if Bastita turns Heel he would have to fued with Cena. I just can not see a Heel Bastita not fueding with Cena on Raw

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11969 on: July 02, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »

I just think if Bastita turns Heel he would have to fued with Cena. I just can not see a Heel Bastita not fueding with Cena on Raw
Oh that's inevitable at some point, and SHOULD be done.

The matches may not be anything to write home about but the fact is these 2 guys are HUGE draws and have never had a proper feud, with the right build-up it could be really special.  Have Punk retaining for a few months, Batista go heel and gain it and then start the build to him and Cena.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11970 on: July 02, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »

Thats obvious. But I do think a heel turn leading up to GAB with a fued with punk would work good. Like I said, he basicly gave punk the title by knocking out edge. He should come out pissed that punk came out and took it when it should be his title. I think that would work great for a heel turn. And it probably won't happen, but it would be so fresh to see CM Punk fued with a heel batista. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11971 on: July 02, 2008, 06:42:40 PM »

I will say, its the first Time Ive been shocked in a very very long time. Raw was awesome Monday, I just dont know how they'd sell a CM Punk vs John Cena match as there is no way Punk could pull that win off. The draft was great. Hell, I even watched ECW last night.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11972 on: July 02, 2008, 08:07:09 PM »

I will say, its the first Time Ive been shocked in a very very long time. Raw was awesome Monday, I just dont know how they'd sell a CM Punk vs John Cena match as there is no way Punk could pull that win off. The draft was great. Hell, I even watched ECW last night.
It does seem like a tricky proposition, selling Punk as a legit World Champ especially considering the caliber of guys on RAW, but I've been guilty of jumping the gun before so I'm gonna give WWE the benefit of the doubt and see where they go with this.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought, Oh shit they are going to give JBL the belt, and they proved me wrong on that, and I liked the ending, also I'd like to think creative are thinking about the little things to.  Having Cryme Tyme as part of the run in was good for giving them the "rub" and should help assuming they go after the Tag Gold.  I mean next week on RAW you could have a Punk, Cena and Cryme Tyme vs JBL, Jericho and Dibiase and Rhodes in an 8 Man Tag Main Event.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11973 on: July 02, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »

It does seem like a tricky proposition, selling Punk as a legit World Champ especially considering the caliber of guys on RAW, but I've been guilty of jumping the gun before so I'm gonna give WWE the benefit of the doubt and see where they go with this.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought, Oh shit they are going to give JBL the belt, and they proved me wrong on that, and I liked the ending, also I'd like to think creative are thinking about the little things to.  Having Cryme Tyme as part of the run in was good for giving them the "rub" and should help assuming they go after the Tag Gold.  I mean next week on RAW you could have a Punk, Cena and Cryme Tyme vs JBL, Jericho and Dibiase and Rhodes in an 8 Man Tag Main Event.

I cant see Jericho doing that he hasnt flipped to the Darkside yet. They need to put operation 66 into effect first and make him a FULL NASTY HEEL, the one we liked who beat Stone Cold and the Rock in the same night.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11974 on: July 02, 2008, 08:40:36 PM »

I cant see Jericho doing that he hasnt flipped to the Darkside yet. They need to put operation 66 into effect first and make him a FULL NASTY HEEL, the one we liked who beat Stone Cold and the Rock in the same night.
As someone on wrestlecrap pointed out, his heel gimmick this time is really cool, it's like Bret in '97, he's being honest and being hated for it.  Remember when people cheered Austin when they shouldn't since he was doing things which were traditionally heelish.  HBK is doing the same thing yet getting cheered, hence the reason Jericho attacked him like he did, it's justified and adds much depth to this storyline, it's really well done stuff and long may it continue.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11975 on: July 02, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »

Never thought of it like that, Bret was great pulling that role. Fans loved Austin so much he was a fan favorite even when he was on McMahon's side.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11976 on: July 02, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »

Never thought of it like that, Bret was great pulling that role. Fans loved Austin so much he was a fan favorite even when he was on McMahon's side.
Well watching Wrestling with Shadows, Bret did not want to play a heel but accepted the role, because he could justify it to himself because it was partially true, he was being the nice guy he'd always been and the americans fans were booing him and cheering Austin who was doing everything a heel should, so Bret sided with his fans who stood by him and told those who jeered him (American fans) to stick it.  Bret was never going to be your crotch-chopping sort of heel, he had the kind of values Michaels has now, maybe not religious but he didn't want to be a heel in front of his fans and Shawn doesn't want his kid to see him as a heel, although if his kids watching Shawn's currently showing him, it's okay to lie as long as you win.  Nice one! hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11977 on: July 02, 2008, 09:08:36 PM »

yeah but look how that worked out for Bret............

I just pray they dont turn Jericho's heel into the pussy heel he was before leaving last time. That was just a disgrace the way he was jobbin left and right to everyone.

HBK is starting to drop on my list of fave wrestlers.

I just think its bullshit and a typical Shawn Micheals "political" move with that I cant be a heel bullshit.

Tell your son that daddy is acting.

What Brad Pitt wouldnt ever shoot no one else in a movie if he found God.

I think he is being very selfish.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:11:02 PM by D » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11978 on: July 02, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »

yeah but look how that worked out for Bret............
Yeah but that was a whole other mess that was bound to happen since he was leaving, was champion, hated HBK and had issues with losing in Canada.

HBK is starting to drop on my list of fave wrestlers.

I just think its bullshit and a typical Shawn Micheals "political" move with that I cant be a heel bullshit.

Tell your son that daddy is acting.

What Brad Pitt wouldnt ever shoot no one else in a movie if he found God.

I think he is being very selfish.
It annoys me because there is so much scope for stuff they could do with him as a heel, and obviously he's using his power to refuse such a move, but he's got the right intentions I mean he has nothing to gain from being a face, it's not like he's doing it to screw over other wrestlers, he's doing it cos he wants his kid to see Daddy wrestle and obviously wants to set a good example and as a heel there's a lot he'd have to do that he wouldn't be comfortable with.  His heel turn a few years back was another example of someone being a heel yet being honest, like when he dressed up as Hogan and pretty much shot on him, about how he doesn't want to work the small shows and only comes round for the big pay cheques, I remember reading Hogan was pissed when he saw it, but HBK was a heel for saying, what most in the industry claim to be true.

Wooooo! 600 Pages of Wrasslin' Banter.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11979 on: July 02, 2008, 09:36:56 PM »

I am pissed that Jeff Hardy cant get away from HHH.

That should've been Hardywinning that title from Edge on Monday Night.

I guess it pisses me off that CM Punk is the champ before guys like Jeff and Matt.

Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: