Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828338 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11620 on: April 18, 2008, 11:06:33 PM »

Steiner Brothers over the head shrinkers?
Doink over Clown? Wasn't there like 2 or 3 doinks that worked together to beat crush?
Scott Hall over Bob backlund
Money Inc over Hogan/Beefcake, Hogan got his team DQ
Undertaker Vs GIant Gonzalous. (Just remember kids Undertaker only won because the GIANT "poised a rag" over his mouth, They could of had Undertaker Job there and the great streak we now know never would of existed. CHEAP FINISH
Yokozuna Over Breat hart to loose 7 minutes later to Hogan (another cheap finish)

Tatanka/HBk was an alright match again it ahd a cheesy finish. How do we cheap the 2 year udefeated streak alive and keep pushing HBK? Count out finish. There you go.

I know I am biased but Mr Perfect and Lex Luger was probalby my fav match (another cheap finish) God I miss perfect.

What two matches with clean finishes, The outdoor theme was terrible, not like this years otudoor WM which was great.  The worst of the Undertaker's WM took place here. Undertaker couldnt carry the awkward Giant Gonzalous. A lot of standing around, neither one knowing what to do. I felt bad for taker. I hope he never has to carry some 7 foot plus no skills forigen wrestler again. Oh wait the Big Show gets to do that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:11:03 PM by Mr Cowbell » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11621 on: April 19, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »

Mr Perfect and Lex Luther

never knew Mr Perfect fought Supermans nemisis  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11622 on: April 19, 2008, 01:12:14 PM »

went to a smackdown/ecw house show last night in Newcastle. This is what happened:

Kofi Kingston def Shelton Benjamin with a buzzsaw kick (good opener, Kofi didn't catch Shelton properly with the Buzzsaw Kick)

Mark Henry def Tommy Dreamer with the worlds strongest slam (basically a squash, lots of "its been 10 years and your still shit" chants at Henry)

Diva bit - Victoria comes out to attack Eve Torres then Eve fights her off, only good thing about it was Victoria was there

Miz and Morrison def Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore by roll-up with tights - Tag Title Match (pretty good match, before the match Morrison knighted Miz)

Jamie Noble def Kenny Dykstra with a roll-up (pretty boring match, the crowd wasn't in to it)

Kane def CM Punk and Chavo Guerrero in a 3 way match for the ECW title by double chokeslam (we found out that there is in fact no contract in the MITB briefcase when Punk opened it to put his training shorts in  hihi)

Finlay, Batista and Matt Hardy def Hawkins, Ryder and MVP by Batista bomb onto MVP (crowd were really into it, Hornswoggle was hilarious, at one point the Faces squirted the Heels with water guns)

Big Show def Great Khali by chokeslam (boring match, Big Show was really over, was shocked when Khali actually jumped for the chokeslam)

Undertaker def Edge by tombstone (really good match, Edge got so much heat & countered Old-School 4 times! ended with Taker reversing a tombstone)

was a really good show, best match was a tie between Kane/Chavo/Punk, 6-man tag & Taker/Edge

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11623 on: April 19, 2008, 02:10:45 PM »

Mr Perfect and Lex Luther

never knew Mr Perfect fought Supermans nemisis  hihi

Yeah Luther bald head helped him slip out of the Perfect Plex.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11624 on: April 20, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »

I just started work on my latest Tribute Video today, which happens to be one about Ric Flair and began pondering about the supposed new Ric Flair DVD due out in June which is rumoured to be titled "Ric Flair: The Definitive Edition." Now when I first thought about this, I imagined it would be a huge, huge flop as his last 3 disc set, "The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection" covers almost everything you could ever want to see from the Nature boy. Now obviously that set covered the 'Naitch' when he really was 'The Man' so one could ponder, what, if any, decent matches could the WWE scrape together from the rest of his agely career that would make a worthwhile wrestling DVD.

Then these matches shot into my head. If the majority of these were covered in the set (which there is a good chance they will) this could be as good, if not better than the first Ric Flair set which was supposed to cover him in his prime;

vs Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XXIV (Ric's Last Match)
vs Triple H - Survivor Series 2006 (Last Man Standing)
vs Edge - Raw 1/16/06 (TLC match for the WWE Championship)
vs Foley - Summerslam 06 (I Quit Match)
vs Big Show ECW 06 - (ECW Championship)
w/ Matt Hardy vs MVP & Chris Masters - Smackdown 07
w/ Degeneration X vs Rated RKO & Kenny - Raw 06
vs Randy Orton - Taboo Tuesday 04 (Steel Cage Match)
vs HHH - Raw 03 (World Heavyweight Championship)
vs Finlay - Smackdown (First and only time these two had a match)
vs Carlito - Unforgiven 05 (Intercontinental Championship)
w/ Batista - Armageddon 03 (Tag Team Turmoil for the World Tag Team Championship)
vs Vince McMahon Raw (Career Threatening Match)

Throw in a couple of subjects such as his co-owership with Vince when he returned in 2002, a few top guys talking about him, and some extras such as a few classic promos and the Ric Flair retirement ceremony in it's entirety and we'd have one hell of a DVD.  Cheesy

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11625 on: April 20, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »

Axl, those are all some good matches, But I have a feeling they are going to cover his career further back, with maybe some overlapping of his Ultimate DVD collection.

I'm hoping for 3 DVD set which could be a like "behind the music" and cover his whole career with Interviews and Pictures covering his whole career from start to finish covering all the titles he won, and what not and the plane crash that almost killed him like all good documentries., Nice storyline DVD, for 1 of the 3 dics.

Disc two could be. All 19 of his World Championship wins. Including the 16 regonized by WWE and the 3 he had while WCW/NWa had their split in the early 1990's causing the WCW to have two World Championships. From his first NWA to his last championship, Including his Royal Rumble win for the vacant title. That would be a solid DVD for the set.

3rd DVD Should be nothng but his finest matches. Including the List you had Axl, and some of his earlier stuff, This will have to overlap his first DVD some. For fans who don't have the first DVD, you have to have atleast 1 match from his fued with Steamboat, 1 with Sting, 1 with Macho Man either from his first WWF run or WCW days, I would like to say one with Hogan but none of their matches were among Flairs best. For it to be definite. Its fair to Say that his Match with HBK should close the DVD out, but I don't want them to cram all his matchs from the last 6 months
when he had to win or retire as thats too much filler cutting out his better stuff.

With all that he has done I think WWE is going to leave out some of his better stuff and not totally please all the fans.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11626 on: April 20, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »

If they released that set I'd riot, seriously, I would.  I mean for starters Kenny Dykstra and Chris Masters on a Flair set?

And matches like his Intercontinental match with Carlito hardly belong on a "Definitive" collection.  And to cover his recent period and nothing else, it would be as ludicrous as the "New and Improved" DX Set.

And the 1st set covers what, 12....13 matches, considering how long his career was I'm sure they have a mountain of matches from his prime to cover.

The last set had one recent match and so should this, his battle with Shawn Michaels that led to the end of his career and nothing else.  I mean the matches with Foley sucked to and were vastly underwhelming.

It would be insulting to have most of those matches on a DVD of his trying to pass itself off as definitive....

Edit, I've just re-read your post, you think this set of matches has the potential to make this set better than the first....better....wtf?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:23:31 PM by Hammy » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11627 on: April 20, 2008, 08:53:03 PM »

If they released that set I'd riot, seriously, I would.  I mean for starters Kenny Dykstra and Chris Masters on a Flair set?

And matches like his Intercontinental match with Carlito hardly belong on a "Definitive" collection.  And to cover his recent period and nothing else, it would be as ludicrous as the "New and Improved" DX Set.

And the 1st set covers what, 12....13 matches, considering how long his career was I'm sure they have a mountain of matches from his prime to cover.

The last set had one recent match and so should this, his battle with Shawn Michaels that led to the end of his career and nothing else.  I mean the matches with Foley sucked to and were vastly underwhelming.

It would be insulting to have most of those matches on a DVD of his trying to pass itself off as definitive....

Edit, I've just re-read your post, you think this set of matches has the potential to make this set better than the first....better....wtf?

I think the IC title belongs on there, its a newer match, but the WWE built it up as being the One title that eluded his great career, so seeing WWE put that on there makes sense.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11628 on: April 21, 2008, 03:09:41 AM »

I think the IC title belongs on there, its a newer match, but the WWE built it up as being the One title that eluded his great career, so seeing WWE put that on there makes sense.
Build-up and execution are two different things, the resultant match still wasn't anything special, a more appropriate "recent" match of his that would be worthy would be his Wrestlemania match with Undertaker.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11629 on: April 21, 2008, 03:38:44 AM »

fuck finally dish network gave us our sci fi and usa network on HD. been wanting to see wrestling in High Def  beer
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11630 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:34 AM »

Build-up and execution are two different things, the resultant match still wasn't anything special, a more appropriate "recent" match of his that would be worthy would be his Wrestlemania match with Undertaker.

Thats where taker whoop his ass and made him bleed. I think it comes down to who is making the DVD as to what is going to be on it.  If Ric was selecting all the matches, I am sure we would get lots of classics and his best stuff. if ric has little say/pick of the matches, They are going to have lots of newer matches including his IC match, as DVD sells the DVD to new fans with new wrestlers who the new fans know. Alot of the Young Fans today don't know that Harley Race and Flair fueded like hell through the 80's. Or you Talk about the 4 horsemen kicking ass and the young fans will be like "Benoit went crazy though" or "Dean Malenko was good" Not even knowing the Anderson and Flair and what they did in the 80's.   If WWE is making the selections we are going to get newer matches so when the new young idiot fans without knowing the past watch the dvd they know who is on it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11631 on: April 21, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »

a wouldnt call young fans idiots

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11632 on: April 21, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »

I think he meant "Cena" kid like fans.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11633 on: April 21, 2008, 05:53:59 PM »

I think he meant "Cena" kid like fans.

oh right, aye there idiots lol

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11634 on: April 21, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »

I didn't mean young fans as teens or anything like that.

I ment young fans who are new to the sport and think:

1- Cena is the best that ever wrestler and so original (Hes ok, and I think some like him and some love him but hes not the best, Rap was hot so he became a Wrapper! War in Iraq he moves to being a solider.

2- Any fan who Thinks Cane, CM Punk, Chavo, Big Show are among the Best ECW champions ever.

3- Anyone who thinks London/Kendrick, Murdoch/Cade, Miz/Morrison, are among the best Tag champions and the only reason they know who the Road Warriors is because of John's son at Ohio State.

4- Anyone who you ask to name the 4 Horsemen, and their responce includes, Benoit, Pillman, Malenko and not the Andreson brothers.

Those are what I mean by young fans. They only know WWF and don't remember what it was when there was a real competion and they gave us A product each week to compete. Nitro was 3 hours and Raw 2 at its height, and WCW was also throwing out a 1 hour aweek Nitro Extra on Tuesday Night, and THursday WCW had thunder, and the WWF had Friday nigth smack down, and WWF had Heat / Velcoity, one of those two actually on MTV. That was the competion back then and WWF had to deliver an A game everyday of the week to compete, now if they go crazy and make a midget cruiserweight champion, and Push Bob Holly because theres nothign else to watch.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11635 on: April 21, 2008, 09:06:31 PM »

londrick have the talent to be the best tag team champions to ever live

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11636 on: April 21, 2008, 09:22:46 PM »

i must say that this "king of the ring" is really half assed compared to past ones. no

they don't even have the "big guns" competeing in it, just the little pissants and Jerico Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11637 on: April 22, 2008, 09:01:33 AM »

So Kane's an Extreme.....

....Blacksmith?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11638 on: April 22, 2008, 09:13:01 AM »

londrick have the talent to be the best tag team champions to ever live

Based on talent, alone? Maybe.

But when you compare them to teams like:

The British Bulldogs.

The Hart Foundation.

The Midnight Express.

The Road Warriors.

Arn and Ole OR Arn and Tully

The Hardy Boys

The Dudley's/Team 3D.

I'm not exactly sure where they fit in.  They might crack the top 10, some day, but WWE doesn't emphasize tag wrestling like it once did.  You have to figure that, at some point, they're going to break up that team.....and they won't have the opportunity (or the company focus) to be viewed as "one of the best ever".

They're good, to be sure.....but they face a number of challenges (and years) before they'd be great.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11639 on: April 22, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »

So Kane's an Extreme.....

....Blacksmith?

Pretty much.

I'm thinking they're going for the "Freddy Krueger forging his knives" thing in that poster......but I'm not sure.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: