Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 849467 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1160 on: May 26, 2004, 05:39:13 AM »

remember when the cobra bit ultimate warrior? i dont think they ever continuted their feud for some reason

It bit Macho Man Randy Savage not The Ultimate Warrior if i remember the feud was settled at a PPV called Tuesday In Texas where Savage beat Roberts.  The PPV was on December 3rd, at Survivor Series on November 27th Undertaker[/i] had beaten Hulk Hogan[/i] for the WWF Title.  At Tuesday In Texas Hogan regained the belt.  Jake 'The Snake' Roberts did not hang around long though to pick up the feud with Macho Man again after Wrestlemania VIII 4 months later he left and his final match was at Mania where Undertaker defeated him.  Although Roberts did return at the Wrestlemania XII, but that night in 6 man tag action he lost, and again in tag action a month later at IN Your House VII he lost,  King of the Ring '96 he beat Vader before losing to Austin in the final.  That was the night that Austin for the very first time cut the legendary "Austin 3:16 says, 'I just whipped your ass'. "  Things did not improve for him though and at 1996's Summerslam he lost to Jerry 'The King' Lawler.  He was though on the winning team at that years Survivor Series, with the teams Survivor being one Rocky Maivia on his debut for the company.  After that i believe his final PPV appearance was at the Royal Rumble in 1997 although i may be wrong.  Some fun facts for you there  ok
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 05:56:57 AM by Superjudge [STONED] » Logged
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1161 on: May 26, 2004, 07:27:36 AM »

hihi

Jake Roberts is the man, his ring psychology is not to be matched. He could be a crack head or he can be the most influencial characters on screen, that's how talented he is. I wish him all the best.

PS watch the movie Beyond The Mat, it shows in detail how Jake's life went to shit.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1162 on: May 26, 2004, 08:07:12 AM »

hihi

Jake Roberts is the man, his ring psychology is not to be matched. He could be a crack head or he can be the most influencial characters on screen, that's how talented he is. I wish him all the best.

PS watch the movie Beyond The Mat, it shows in detail how Jake's life went to shit.

He is one of the all time greats and it's a shame he never won the big one.  He was so good though i loved his blindfold match with Rick Martel at Wrestlemania VII that was a classic.  His entrance music was one of the best to up there with HBK[/i]'s, Ultimate Warrior's, Hulk Hogan's & Bret Hart's.  Far superior to the crap they have these days
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1163 on: May 28, 2004, 03:34:51 PM »

hihi

He is one of the all time greats and it's a shame he never won the big one.  He was so good though i loved his blindfold match with Rick Martel at Wrestlemania VII that was a classic.  His entrance music was one of the best to up there with HBK[/i]'s, Ultimate Warrior's, Hulk Hogan's & Bret Hart's.  Far superior to the crap they have these days

Yeah his music was cool in the WWE. I seen Jake wrestled for IWS 2 years ago and it's incredible the ovation he got just by walking out from backstage. He was never a great wrestler, never a great athlete but his knowledge for the business and his character is unique. Vince McMahon mentioned that when he spoke to Jake, he didn't know if he was talking to Jake as a person or Jake The Snake, cause quite frankly there was not much of a difference.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Evolution
« Reply #1164 on: May 29, 2004, 07:46:47 PM »

raw was fantastic this week

the hhh/hbk show long brawls were entertaining

benoit/eugene vs coach/cade was fun to watch

orton/benjamin have a fresh feud that i quite frankly cant see who will come out of bad blood champ ok

the kane/lita is keeping me in suspense.i have a feeling that kane wants a baby nervous

IMO the best show ive seen is the Highlight Reel.Y2J's mike skills made this a joy to watch each week.the reason i picked mainly was because i havent seen piper's pit,bearer funeral parlour etc. in their prime

its a real shame how far jake's star fell from wm XII to Beyond The Mat. in his day he was mesmerising with the stick
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1165 on: May 30, 2004, 05:15:10 AM »

Yeah Jakes a legend aint he!!

Unfortunately he couldnt distinguish where the wrestling ended and REAL LIFE began, he knows now but unfortunately he is well past his prime, he still works Indie shows in the UK and actually lives here now!

He was also arrested a few month back after Damian...the Snake on Stoned's picture was found dead after apparently being neglected and mis treated.

I loved that fucking Snake!!!

Remember when Earthquake sat on the Snake and apparently killed it? I think that was a different one to Damian though....cant be too sure as its so long ago.

The Snake incident with Macho Man was quite possibly one of the most gripping moments in wrestling history cus it was so fucking real, apart from the Snake being De-Venomised, Macho man was bleeding for fooks sake...

Mental Stuff

Long Live to the innovator and best executioner of the DDT...aint it funny how that move is used so much in Matches now and when Jake was round it was his finisher!!!

Strange Shit!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1166 on: May 30, 2004, 10:50:35 AM »

Long Live to the innovator and best executioner of the DDT...aint it funny how that move is used so much in Matches now and when Jake was round it was his finisher!!!

Strange Shit!

It was so cool i mean whenever Jake went for the DDT the crowd went wild.  Only guy to even come close to replicating it is Raven but still Jake is the master of the DDT.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1167 on: May 30, 2004, 11:30:18 AM »

the kane/lita is keeping me in suspense.i have a feeling that kane wants a baby nervous

That would be going a bit too far even for WWE.....not sure what there up to really with this angle, i dare say it wil end in typically bizarre fashion - 'Lita - i am your father!' hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1168 on: May 30, 2004, 05:17:48 PM »

'Lita - i am your father!' .....
......'and also your Brother!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 05:19:16 PM by Arron » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1169 on: May 30, 2004, 05:37:58 PM »

aint it funny how that move is used so much in Matches now and when Jake was round it was his finisher!!!

Strange Shit!

Not as funny compared to Hulks leg drop.  hihi

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #1170 on: May 30, 2004, 05:38:25 PM »

as we speak the pen of a certain vinnie is scrawling hurriedly hihi
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1171 on: May 31, 2004, 01:53:50 AM »

I popped in a blank tape tonight, and at the very end of it was 10 minutes of a wrestling documentary.

Hitman Hart:  Wrestling With Shadows

Has anyone seen this film?  I remember watching it when it first came out, and I thought it was outstanding.  I was a little pissed that I only had the beginning of it cuz I'd really like to watch the whole thing again.  It tells the story of the Shawn Michaels .VS. Bret Hart match in Montreal, and also how Vince "back-stabbed" the Hitman.

It's kind of strange watching this movie knowing that Owen will later die in the ring on live TV.  Really hammers home how wrestling is "real".

Tell me what you think of this film! I'm actually thinking of ordering one of the internet.

P.S.  Someone just mentioned Rocky Maivia's first match... I remember the first time I saw the Rock!  He was wearing this weird indian clothing and had tall hair.  You could see he was a great athlete right off the bat.  Since then he has grown to 3 times the size and COMPLETELY changed his character.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1172 on: May 31, 2004, 03:01:38 AM »

yeah i own hitman hart wrestling with shadows on vhs

an indy wrestling company my friend owns PCW premiere championship wrestling is gonna be in my hometown july 3rd and he got Buff Bagwell to be on the card

im gonna get him to let me meet Buff and im gonna talk to him

should be cool!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1173 on: May 31, 2004, 07:29:18 AM »

as we speak the pen of a certain vinnie is scrawling hurriedly hihi

Incest in WWE? Oh my nervous

Where this would leave the Undertaker - as a brother and uncle...oh dear

Well even with an angle like that it still wouldn't be as bizarre as the Undertaker trying to sacrifice Stephanie or Kane's dead girlfriend.......

I suppose in a company when 80 year old Ric Flair can beat up 6'6 20 year olds then anles like this really aren't that weird....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1174 on: May 31, 2004, 08:52:49 AM »

I suppose in a company when 80 year old Ric Flair can beat up 6'6 20 year olds then anles like this really aren't that weird....

Absolutely not!? Every time i see him on TV i hate him even more!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1175 on: May 31, 2004, 10:51:17 AM »

I know that feeling - it really is absurd that someone that old could be competing with steroid fuelled atheletes less than half his age

WWE is always hard to swallow but when Ric Flair beats up the Rock u know something has gone badly, badly wrong.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1176 on: May 31, 2004, 11:30:25 AM »

I know that feeling - it really is absurd that someone that old could be competing with steroid fuelled atheletes less than half his age

WWE is always hard to swallow but when Ric Flair beats up the Rock u know something has gone badly, badly wrong.....

I see where you're coming from and i felt the same but today i watched the 1992 Royal Rumble and thought hell it's only 12 years ago maybe he still has a bit left in him i mean the Rumble performance was probably his last great career performance as Ric Flair styled and profiled on his way to victory, woooooooooooo
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1177 on: May 31, 2004, 04:27:17 PM »

I see where you're coming from and i felt the same but today i watched the 1992 Royal Rumble and thought hell it's only 12 years ago maybe he still has a bit left in him i mean the Rumble performance was probably his last great career performance as Ric Flair styled and profiled on his way to victory, woooooooooooo

Quick, hes turning into a Ric Flair fan, lets kidnap him and then brainwash him with VCR's of up and coming talent in OVW or Christian.... Cheesy

Quick, before its too late....!!! Smiley Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1178 on: May 31, 2004, 04:45:40 PM »

Quick, hes turning into a Ric Flair fan, lets kidnap him and then brainwash him with VCR's of up and coming talent in OVW or Christian.... Cheesy

Quick, before its too late....!!! Smiley Tongue

You give crap about Flair victories being unrealistic but what about the 5'6 Rey Mysterio kicking ass i mean i remember when he battered Kanyon, such bollox.  Remember Ric Flair is still the dirtiest player in the game low blows, eye pokes and he still has the chops and figure four leg lock don't count him out yet.
Evolution
« Reply #1179 on: May 31, 2004, 07:31:29 PM »

im starting to think tyson tomko is as green as grass.

first i gave him the benefit of the doubt but he hasnt been trusted with a match on wwe television yet.

not even a squash with the likes of chuck palumbo or val venis

everytime he steps in the ring he does so awkwardly!

remember his fall when his kicked y2j on his debut?

however i am confident jericho and tomko can have a decent match at bad blood
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: