Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829072 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11520 on: March 30, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »

I think HBK broke his ribs.  nervous

lol i thought that was funny when he missed but sad when he hit Cry

THANK YOU FLAIR! ok

wow i Fen hate Floyed i hope he never comes back to the wwe and i never hear his name again!
but  befor that shit mtahc WM has been Amazing!

Peace

i can't say anything because i don't want to get banned but still completely SHIT rant rant rant rant rant

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11521 on: March 30, 2008, 11:17:53 PM »

Quick thoughts...Excellent, spectacular show all in all

The setup, presentation was absolutely out of this world, how wwe don't win awards for their production is ridicuous I have never seen anything like it, when it got dark the skycam views of the stadium were amazing so bravo wwe.

Finlay-JBL, very good brawl, well booked good finish, though we may see heelswaggle but no.

MITB - fantastic - so inventive its crazy, one blown spot by shelton but the monkeyflip-powerbomb-suplex was worth the asking price alone.

Batista - umaga was as good as it could have been, impressive powerbomb at the end.

Pleased for Kane and i suppose chavo can say he got to perform on this incredile stage but you could never guess what the least important world title is could you!

HBK took Flair to his best match in about 15 years, it wasn't incredible (slowmo in places) but still a very good send off for naitch, emotional finish as expected, HBK's bump looked crazy painful.

The womens match was worth it just to see Maria who looked sensational, she puts all the other divas in the shade, quick props to Snoop Dogg who was excellent all night, and really 'got it' his promo with festus and santino, his announcing skills and his clotheline were all spot on.

Triple threat match was too predictable when they put it this early on the card, it was okay but needed 5 more mins and a few more exchanges at the end, good finish though, HHH really doesnt wnat that title back does he.

Thought show-mayweather was well handled, could have been a disaster, i hand it to show and floyd (who has mastered selling already!), well booked finish.

Apparently at 60,000 tickets sold they were trying to give away the last 4000 and yet they managed 74,500?!?!

Main event was brilliant, Edge really showing he has what it takes to be top of the show, a slow start, good build and a sensational round of finishes, I always think the trouble with taker matches at mania is that no matter how good the opponent you never beleive they are gonna win and yet (even though this match was on last) it got to the point where they actually had me thinking, great finish.

All in all Im glad I tuned in for my annual foray into wwe, they didn't let me down.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11522 on: March 30, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »

I think I am the only one who predicted Orton to win! ok peace peace

Floyd Mayweather did a great job. That match was highly entertaining and believable which is something I was shocked they were able to pull off.

Flair vs HBK was my fav match of the night. I thought it was spectacular and I got emotional and dropped a tear or two at the end when Shawn mouthed "Im Sorry, I love you" before the kick. My GF who doesnt even watch wrestling, was watching with me and she cried during that finish!

That match was the match of the night because there for a little while, I was actually thrown off and thought Ric may actually pull it off. I was cussing myself for not taking a chance on Ric with my last pick in the game.

That match was excellent all the way around.

Edge vs UT was the 2nd best of the night.

I thought the MITB was ok, nothing spectacular really that we havent seen before.

Overall a great event, well worth the money!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11523 on: March 30, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »

Oh yeah

All of u owe my fav wrestler HHH an apology

He does whats best for business always!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11524 on: March 30, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »

Oh just a quick point i'd like to make, for all my praising of wwe's presentation standards i should just say there was one aspect which i was very, very dissapointed in. disgusted in fact. Now i don't really watch wrestling anymore so maybe someone can tell me how and when Jonothan Coachman got himself into the position of doing colour on the main event of WrestleMania?!?! He (and the vastly deteriorated Michael Cole) almost ruined it, they were atrocious, Coach sounds so fake and contrived, he was trying to play it staright, almost play by play and thus they ended up talking over each other, there was one point during a fist fight where he came out with 'oh this is tremendous michael, tremendous' but sounded so flat it was funny. Compare this to the job JR did on the Flair match the difference is massive. The announcers help make the main event - imagine Austin Rock 2 without JR and Heyman doing their blinding play by play or when HBK returned against HHH , JR brought as much to that match as the 2 competitors, but tonight wwe brought all of the goods except one of the most important which as i say nearly fucked it up for them.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11525 on: March 31, 2008, 12:32:24 AM »

i forgot that WM started early today so i missed a few matches and saw the ending of MITB. i wasnt expecting Randy to win but i didnt see the whole match and my cousin told me HHH didnt do that much and seeing as how he didnt get pin i know he's gonna ask for a rematch saying he never got pinned and win the title at the next ppv.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11526 on: March 31, 2008, 12:51:16 AM »

whats a good site to download wrestling stuff. i had a few sites before but i forgot them
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11527 on: March 31, 2008, 12:52:27 AM »

I thought I'd post my thoughts and opinions on Wrestlemania now, right after the ppv as they are still fresh in my head so here goes, and happy reading.  Smiley

Belfast Brawl
Finlay w/Hornswoggle vs J.B.L.

Fantastic opener. As many veterans in the wrestling business will tell you, the opening match often is seen by some as the degrading "get it out of the way early" kind of matches but this is not the case, especially on Professional Wrestlings biggest show of the year. The sole purpose of the opener is not only to entertain the fans in attendance and watching at home, but to set the tone for the rest of the night, and on this occasion, that was the case.

Great stunt/brawl with Finlay getting alot of offense and the majority of the high spots. Featured and insane suicide dive from the 49 year old Northern Irishman. The atmosphere in this match was off the chain and fortunately stayed like that for the rest of the night. Little dissapointed that Layfield got the win after Finlay's efforts but although JBL won, it was Finlay's match.

7.5/10

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Morrison vs Benjamin vs Punk vs Y2J vs MVP vs Carlito vs Kennedy

Superb Ladder Match and the finest one yet imo. As always featured ever increasingly sicker stunts than the one that came the previous year before it. I think Morrisons moonsault from the top rope onto the floor with ladder in hand while doing so, and Benjamins senton bump from the ladder in the ring to the ladder on the outside was nothing but phenomenal and out-done Jeff Hardys leg drop on Edge last year. I 100% wholeheartedly agree when someone in this thread wrote awhile back when they said not having Jeff Hardy in this match was somewhat beneficial as it allowed the other underated stars like Morrison and Benjamin to shine and shine they did, as these two will be remembered the most for this match imo.

As I predicted, Matt Hardy made a sweet return just when it looked like MVP was about to win the match. My heart was in my my mouth when he stood alone in the ring and looked up at the briefcase and it just as quickly sank to my stomach as he pushed the ladder down and walked out through the crowd. Having Matt Hardy win that match would have made that ppv for me but heres hoping he captures the US Title from the man who claims he's the longest reigning US Champion in history but never defends it. Hopefully Matt will have it by Backlash.  Smiley

Finally, I must stress that CM Punk winning the match was not a bad thing as Mr. Cowbell stated. You said the reason why you wouldn't like to see him win is because he's on ECW. This is the perfect way to permanently take him to either Smackdown or Raw by challenging for the World or WWE Championship. You also said that he is only the real main eventer on ECW which is true, but in Punk's absence this will give another superstar like Kofi Kingston or even a much deserving candidate in Shelton Benjamin (if booked properly) to become the brands top face. Afterall, after a blinding effort at Mania, don't you think the fans will respect Benjamins efforts and embrace him as a respectible main even calibre superstar on the WWE's C brand? I think so. Or alternatively as you said, Kane makes the permanent switch to ECW which he will do now anyways as he's their champ. Both ways would work but as you should know, Kane is getting on (he's 40) so personally I would opt for the formal route.  Wink

10/10

Battle for Brand Supremacy
Batista vs Umaga

Giving the fact that they initially had a hard time following the MITB Ladder Match, it wasn't a bad contest but nothing great either. A huge drop in standard for Batista though as he had quite possibly the best match of his career last year against The Undertaker. This on the otherhand wasn't bad but in no way was a Wrestlemania calibre match espcially considering both men involved and the potential that they have. They have no chemistry. The highlights of this match included the crowd chanting "Oooh, Oooh, Umagaa!" and the dodgy powerbomb at the end.

5.5/10

ECW Championship Match
Kane vs Chavo Guerrero

No verdict needed. What needed to be done was done and done so properly. Chavo is a cruiserweight and a cruserweight he shall remain. If fans did not take to child friendly Mysterio as a credible heavyweight which was a face I might add, why would they do so with a heel Chavo which has always been and most likely always be in the late, great Eddie Guerreros shadow. Nuff' said.

Playboy Bunnymania Match
Maria & Ashley vs Melina and Beth Phoenix w Snoop Dogg as special enforcer

Typical womens match. Not the best Wrestlemania womens match ever but I don't think anyone expected it to be. The only thing to report about this match is Maria looked super hot, as always, and Beth Phoenix looked to have been missing her front tooth afterwards.

Career Threatening Match
Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

Great match. Very emotional. Flair entered a fine performance considering his age and limitations. Fitting for his final match and will probably most be remembered at the end when Flair took a Superkick got up with tears in his eyes and asked for more, then when a injured and distressed HBK said; "I'm sorry Ric. I love you," and took out "old yellar" as he said he would. I pray to God HBK is okay as he took the sickest bump of the night as his ribs landed on the still solid in the ground wooden table. That was enough to make anyone cringe. My theory is that Shawn was probably booked to help Flair up at the end of the match and shake his hand and for Ric's celebration to last a good 10 mins at least but was in so much pain he just pinned him and walked straight out of the arena. Hopefully he's okay, that could be enough to finish the 42 year old valuable veteran.

Overall a bit slow at certain points but for hype and anticipation alone this made a great match.

7.5/10

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs HHH vs Cena

My first and initial thoughts on this were that the right man won. I applaud HHH for doing the right thing in this case and letting Orton retain. I guess having him pin Cena gives Hunter a case to have a rematch/ongoing feud but thats besides the case. However my beef is with the build up for the match and not the match itself which was fantastic. For weeks Cena and HHH were going at it trading blows and finishers, some were starting to forget that Orton was actually in the damn match. The end of the video package proves this point as the last pictured displayed is at Raw were Cena and HHH are ignoring Orton and staring straight at each other as if he's freakin' not even there, while Orton is in the background looking like a loner holding up the belt. HHH may not have won but he was still the star attraction.

As for the match itself, I thought it was superb with lots of great exchanges. On the card second only to the MITB imo. Lots of near falls and quick spots kept us on the edge of our seats. Cena continues to improve in the ring and to give him credit, held his own in there against the more technical Orton and HHH. Infact, the only thing that was botched in the entire bout was Triple H's attempt at the Indian Deathlock which he used to do rather convincingly I might add. Great match and if it wasn't for the title retain, I'm sure would have been the last match on the card.

8.5/10

The "Best" Athelete in the World against the "Biggest Athelete in the World
Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs The Big Show

I don't see why everyone is giving this match so much praise. It was not booked properly. I don't believe it could have been booked properly in the first place. There was a lot of stalling and for the minor action that took place in the ring and all the hype that this match has garnered it was not worth it. Although Big Show got his hands on Mayweather on a few occasions did anyone believe that Show was actually going to win? No. This was the worst match on the card but the key to this did not lie in the match at all. The point of this was to solely gather hype to increase ppv buys and for fans outside the wrestling world to buy the ppv to check out Mayweather vs Show. But. The match was second last on the card, even surpassing the fine Triple Threat Title Match. I believe the reason for this was for casual fans to be forced to watch the 90% of the ppv first which was very good in the thought that they may enjoy it, become a fan of wrestling and order more pay per views in the future. And what a better night to do this than the companys biggest ppv of the year. This was never designed to be a great match, all it was designed for was to push ratings and create more fans whether they are casual people that watch TV or boxing fans, thus I am not going to hold this "match" in the high regard that I hold the rest of Wrestlemania 24.

3/10

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11528 on: March 31, 2008, 12:53:12 AM »

Had to post this in two parts because it wouldn't let me post anymore.  hihi

Heres the rest:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match (Streak vs Title)
Edge vs The Undertaker

A good match, but did not surpass last years "Streak vs Title" match featuring Batista by any standards. Saying as it was the first time that Edge and Undertaker "tied up" I can see their rematches being better than this one. Not to take anything away from the match and no disrespect to Edge or Taker this was still a Wrestlemania standard match. Good back and forth contest with Edge made to look strong and a great finish after two spears didn't see the gogoplata coming and to my knowledge Edge has withstood that finish longer than Khali, Henry Daddy V, and others that have found themselves in the Deadmans grasp. I'm a big Edge fan so I'm not worried about Taker winning this one though as this is likely Takers last reign and with Edge only 34 and now a cemented main event superstar, his best days are still ahead of him.

7/10

Overall, Wrestlemania was a great show and in my opinion still surpassed last years despite what you might think from me after reading this. It's now almost 6:00 am were I'm at so I'm done ranting for now but for anyone that took the time to read this I appriciate it. And before anyone asks why I took the time to write all his especially at this time of the night/morning it's because of two reasons:

1. I'm a big wrestling fan just like all of you here.
2. No one else understands my wrestling obsessed brain but you guys. All of my mates in the real world but one, only bought this to see the Mayweather/Show match so I'll have to play dumb with them and agree with their silly accusations tommorow and for the week ahead.  hihi

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:55:47 AM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11529 on: March 31, 2008, 01:12:15 AM »

As Axl stated about CM Punk.

Its a good/bad thing.  If punk stays on ECW and Challenges Kane who is know a face, Kane would have to play the heel role, and right now he is pretty well over with fans so I think it would be terrible to cash it in on ECW, NOW IF they push Punk to SD or Raw to cash it in I think it could be a great thing.

Flair/HBK was good, I just hope Flair managers or stays out of the ring for ATLEAST 12 months he owes us that having to watch him go undefeated for 6 months.

Ladies match, was what it was suppose to be.

SD vs Raw seams like just a way to get Bautista and Umaga in WM and I hate it when there is no fueding going on coming up with a RAw vs SD angle.

(Hell isn't HBK Vs Flair (flair went to SD in the last Draft) THE MITB, Finlay Vs. JBL, all Raw vs SD matches anyways?)

Finlay was great, by far he is the best midcarder in their company who will never be world champion.

Undertaker was PHENOMINAL.

Triple Threat was good.

Only thing subpar was Floyd Vs Big Show, Axl said putting it 90% into the PPV was to get casual fans to watch the rest. I believe when Bam Bam Bigelow took on Lawrence Taylor was the main event of a WM. While its true they put it o the end of a PPV so fans go to bars and see the other events. I am just glad they didnt put it at the very end or it would of left a very bad taste in everyones mouth. WM needed to end on a High note to leave everyone with that happy go home feeling and they did a great job with TAKER. Not a bad event

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11530 on: March 31, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »

- I only really appreciate a PPV when I go back and watch matches again but first impressions were good.

- I was surprised that the Triple Threat wasn't the main event and that Orton won, but seeing as it didn't close the show, I guess it was less surprising. What was with Cena's entrance though? I would have preferred Motorhead...

- I said that the Belfast Brawl didn't seem to have as much build-up with regards to JBL but it was a great way to open the show. JBL throwing the trash can at Hornswoggle was mighty hilarious I thought. rofl

- Flair looked better than usual. I didn't think he would win but it was still a dramatic match.

- When they announced the Triple Threat that early in the show, I thought that Showeather was going to close the show. nervous

- While I don't think Show/Mayweather was great, I liked it for what it was. At least Floyd actually looked like he was in pain out there. But I guess with Big Show standing on you, it's not that hard.

- I was nearly right with my Jericho prediction! Gah!

- Oh yeah, I saw two planes with banners. One during MITB and the other during Batista's entrance I believe. Pity they were too high up or it was too dark to read them. Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #11531 on: March 31, 2008, 02:12:08 PM »

I was there last night!
Being in that crowd just ROCKED
HUGE energy, too!

I took my nephew
We were in nosebleed of course,
Still had a GREAT view.

My seats just happened
To be near the workers from
FCW....

Talked to Mike Mondo,
Saw Tom Prichard and Kidman
It was pretty cool.

The action was great
And the crowd was hot all night.
A great time for all.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11532 on: March 31, 2008, 05:00:23 PM »

Great PPV, but very uneven

The triple threat match was just awful - as if half way through they just decided to give up and go home - pointless, why is Orton (the most boring champion ever) still champion?!?

The belfast brawl and MITB were superb, Flair v Michaels was ace and Edge v Taker was great

Show vs Mayweather was....well, they tried hard but we knew the outcome and how it would come

Bunnymania was as pointless as every other women's match there has ever been...or ever will be

Overall 7/10 - lost momentum as it progressed, and Batista v Umaga was the most blatant case of 'oh, what do we do with these two....er.....match for....er......nothing, no wait brand supremacy, genius!'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #11533 on: March 31, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »

Well, it definately was a Wrestlemania with unexpected results. I didn't telegraph JBL, CM Punk, Randy Orton to win at all. That said, elevating Punk seems a great idea, especially if he moves over to Raw.

The Money In The Bank had some outstanding spots in it. John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin in particular deserve recognition!

Flair/Michaels was certainly the match of the night. I haven't watched a match with as much emotion involved in years. A perfect send-off for Ric.

Lastly, didn't the Citrus Bowl look superb? They really went all out with the pyrotechnics these year!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11534 on: March 31, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

I was there last night!
Being in that crowd just ROCKED
HUGE energy, too!

I took my nephew
We were in nosebleed of course,
Still had a GREAT view.

My seats just happened
To be near the workers from
FCW....

Talked to Mike Mondo,
Saw Tom Prichard and Kidman
It was pretty cool.

The action was great
And the crowd was hot all night.
A great time for all.

Splash

/Mike

you were in nose bleeds?
you weren't hit by those cables,
were you hit or not?

did i do it right? seriously though did you guys hear about some firework cables hitting people in the nose bleeds. I saw it on CNN.com today when i was in current events class at school.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11535 on: April 01, 2008, 12:45:32 AM »

CD Eventually. i didnt know you were at WM i found a pic with you holding the best sign of the night  rofl

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11536 on: April 01, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »

I enjoyed Wrestlemania. Overall it was a great show. I liked 3 of the matches. And loved another 3. I also loved the presentation and think WWE should do more open stadium shows like that. It was done so well. The crowd was unbelievably enthused to be there. You could really tell the energy was poppin the whole night.

Thought JBL should have gotten beat up more. Maybe some fake blood and a little more ass kicking. I felt, based on hornsy being Finlays son, that finlay should have kicked JBL's ass most of the match and JBL steal the win at the end. But it was still a good opener.

The MITB match was pretty cool. Surprized to see CM Punk get the win but maybe he can do something with a push off of ECW. Unless its just used to get him back in the ECW title hunt. Maybe Hardy was supose to win it and this was the easiest way to change it. Glad too see Matt back.  ok

Does Umaga ever win?  hihi

I decided to take a quick piss during Kane's intro and missed the ECW match.  rofl How fuckin stupid was that. What does that say about Punk? He has to battle to lose to a guy that can get squashed by Kane.  Roll Eyes

After saying over and over again Flair has embarrased himself and should have retired a long time ago, I am glad this was his last match. Easily his best in years. I always thought of Flair's last match as him vs. Sting on the final Nitro. I loved that match and over the years since than have considered it his last because it has been really tough to watch him these past few years. And though it was still tough to watch him I did enjoy this match. Great finish, great match, great career. Lets just hope he stays away from the ring here on out. Please Flair let your legend end here, on a high note. This match was easily a close second best of the night. Though that could be bias talking considering HBK is my fave.

The chick fight was well...a piss break. Just another crappy diva lumberjack match.

I really liked the Triple Threat. Never have been a fan of the match style but I really loved how no one was really out of the match for a huge amount of time. The finish was awesome and totally unexpected. I told my friend before the match no way in hell does Orton retain.  hihi I was wrong and glad I was. He did well leading up to this match the last month or so and he did well in it. I'm anxious to see whether Backlash is gonna be a triple threat rematch  Cry or  Orton vs. HHH.  ok ....had to tape raw so have to wait till tomorrow to find out. boo.

I got into the Mayweather vs. Big show match. I thought it was hilarious. Stupid, predictable, and entertaining. Mayweather did a good job of selling it. So did his crew. I didnt like the ending because too many matches over the years have ended with brass knuckles. Thought they should have come up with something better. I know it fits with mayweather but this is fucking wrestlemania, there should have been a better finish.

Loved the Edge vs. Taker match. I wanted this match so badly. It was one of my dream wrestlemania matches for this year's show. I love Edge. I love Taker. It was everything I could have hoped it to be. I am glad it closed the show. Taker vs. Batista was one of the best from last year. Taker vs. Edge was the best from this year. The match was entertaining through out. I loved the finish even though i'm not a big fan of his new submission.

The one really bad thing I have to say is Coach really sucked it and was distracting from the last match. He is just fucking horrible. There has got to be someone else that can do it better than him. The guy is complete shit. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11537 on: April 01, 2008, 07:36:08 AM »

Well I've taken a little longer than usual to put this review together but with sorting out the WWE Game's and College I've been fair busy and wanted to do this properly.

Let me first say, overall I enjoyed the event, it was definately hit and miss though.

For years and years the system was to start the card off with the the least interesting match and build-up, but since Mid-Late Attitude Era that formats changed and often PPVs start with one of the top matches, be it an IC Title clash or as we've seen before MITB.  Well to see Finlay and JBL kick things off, well it didn't really inspire me.  Now don't get me wrong, I like both of them, really I do.  Finlay is great in the ring but there is something bland about his character that kind of causes me to lose interest and as for JBL, superb talker but when he enters the squared circle my interest dwindles to.  I guess you just don't take to some people.  Now the match was good, but I wasn't feeling in the "Wrestlemania" mood, it was a solid Hardcore outing but maybe they would of been better served to put Batista and Umaga in there to.  (As Izzy said their reason for feuding was lame).  Doing this you kill 2 birds with one stone, creating a bit more space on the card (So the ECW Title match could get maybe 18 seconds as opposed to 9) and setting up the possibility of 2 very capable in ring stars clashing.  The heavy hitting styles of Umaga and Finlay clashing I think would have been truly wonderful and they could of carried the other two, but it didn't happen, and as it was, it was like I said, a "Solid" opener.

Things started to get going though not long after this match finished.  Seeing Kennedy backstage all hyped up was great and then for me you saw those little touches that may things seem special.  With the ring entrances, guy like Kennedy, Carlito, Jericho, Benjamin had different ring or entrance attire to normal and that in itself gave it that feeling that this was something special, it may sound stupid but it's those little touches that make all the difference.  Now this match for me was my favourite MITB I really thought it had more drama than any of the previous ones.  There were some superb spots, Morrison's Moonsault w/ the Ladder really was a sight to see, but once again, Benjamin was the #1 Star here.  When he went smashing through the ladder, it was picture perfect stuff, not just the move, but the reactions.  Carlito's face was priceless, that "Holy shit we've just killed him" look really sold it even more.  It was a nice touch to see Matt Hardy return and by stopping MVP from almost certain victory, not only does it reignite their feud but it gives MVP a great point of complaint, but for the interference, he WOULD be Mr MITB.  My one, minor complaint about this match, which happens with all these sorts of matches (When you have in excess of 4 or 5 guys) is people waiting on the outside for ages selling in many cases, relatively minor moves.  For the opening portion of the match Jericho was M.I.A..  The latter part was great, one minute it looked like it was Carlito, then Kennedy, then when Jericho was ascending the Ladder I was sure he was winning, even when CM Punk was on the attack, lovely surprise to see him win, very deserving, odd though considering how much he's been jobbed out to the 9 Second Wonder, Chavo.

The next segment with Snoop, Santino, Foley and Festus was lmao off stuff, truly hilarious.

Batista vs Umaga was alright, thankfully they kept it short.

ECW Title match?  What a joke.  They made the belt seem a joke of Cruiserweight/Women's Title proportions.  If they wanted to elevate Kane and the belt they could of made him fight for it!

Next we had Flair vs Michaels and it really was a classic back and forth battle with an emotional ending, it was definately right to be Flair's last match, because it was the emotion and not the action that made it great, although spots like Michaels Moonsault through the table were vicious to watch.

The Women's match was ok for what it was, Santino was amusing and Snoop filled his role well.

The Triple Threat was a let down.  These guys were capable of such more more and it just ran too short and lacked the numerous dramactic near falls you come to expect near the end.

I really wasn't interested in Floyd vs Big Show considering his level of experience he did well but I'd much prefer seeing "Wrestlers" in action.

The Main Event was a classic.  Edge and Undertaker came in with a huge back story leading back to Edge using the MITB to defeat him.  The match was given plenty of time and had lots of great drama, and watching Charles Robinson run down to the ring was pretty damn amusing.

As me and Borat have said before, every year you expect a few special moments and matches, ones that you will remember for years to come, and this year we got those.  Whether it was spots in the MITB from Morrison or Benjamin or Michaels Moonsaulting through a table and then those words "I'm sorry, I love you".  And then in the Main Event we had the elevation of Edge, putting him in that spot and making him look so competent truly was the turning point and a way of saying, you've made it.  Overall, a cool show!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11538 on: April 01, 2008, 01:01:45 PM »

Big Show a face?
Cryme Tyme back?
Flair gets a nice sendoff?

Things are looking up. Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11539 on: April 01, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »

The Triple Threat was a let down.  These guys were capable of such more more and it just ran too short and lacked the numerous dramactic near falls you come to expect near the end.

My thoughts exactly

Where was the 'oh my god he just kicked out of three consecutive pedigrees!' moment or the ending that leaves u shocked (Vince and Stone cold sharing a bear all those Mania's ago...)

..this match could have been the main event on RAW, it was short, it was mundane and Randy Orton defended the title? Why? How? A Triple H/Cena feud was the way to go - Orton is just tedious

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: