Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831948 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11080 on: December 16, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »

i'm still waiting for a wcw revival? Cry

Instead of having a RAW and SMACKDOWN brand they should of Kept Raw as the WWE and turned smackdown in WCW. To keep its traditional alive

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11081 on: December 16, 2007, 09:26:07 PM »

lol most of you went for HHH except me and LawsonsLaw007  rofl
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11082 on: December 16, 2007, 10:45:46 PM »

What is the point in giving Mark Henry and Viscera the win, are they going to stay a tag team and challenge for gold.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11083 on: December 17, 2007, 08:05:37 AM »

Greetings friends - after 6 years ''out'' of wrestling, i'm back watching it religiously (well not smackdown....)

Armaggeddon looks to be a truly lazy PPV - have they even bothered to set anything up?
Welcome dude, good to have you back, although knowing how critical you can be and the state of the product i detect some very harsh criticisms.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11084 on: December 17, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »

I liked Armageddon overall. Except for a couple shitty finishes it wasn't a bad ppv. It was first i was able to watch since Summerslam. I really went out of my way to watch this one. I enjoyed what I watched. I didn't bother watching the extreme crappy wrestling tag match or the diva match.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11085 on: December 17, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »

Opening Rey Mysterio vs MVP was a solid match, I hate Endings like that on PPV. But they want to keep the feud going, so i guess we will see a cage match next.

The ECW tag match wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Pretty nice finish even though I have no idea where they are going with this. I would assume Henry and Big Daddy V will get a run at the tag titles on SD.

HBK vs Kennedy was an ok old school kind of wrestling match.  Its amazing how Kennedy went from being on the cusp of world champ to glorified mid carder.

HHH Vs Jeff Hardy was an excellent match, Finally got Jeff Hardy the push he deserves IF they let him win the title at RR. I'd love to see Hardy,HHH,HBK in a 3way for the world title at WM. that would be awesome!

Khali vs Finlay............ BLAH

Orton vs Jericho was an awesome match up to the finish which made absolutely no fuckin sense.

Didnt watch the women's title

Main Event was Awesome!! Loved every thing about it, the fake Edges were a nice touch and I was surprised at the title switch.

Overall the PPV would've been disappointing had i paid 40 bucks for it. But it was definitely worth the 3 hours I spent watching it thanks to www.xtremewrestilngtorrents.net

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11086 on: December 17, 2007, 07:07:52 PM »

i dled it from xtremewrestlingtorrents also, well a friend did? ok

I think a Jericho vs. Hardy match at rr for the title would have been awesome. But I guessed interference cuz there was no where else they could go with it. But JBL? wtf?...My friend was like jericho's gonna win and I was like wait someones gonna interfere so he can fued with someone else to keep the title on ortan. Stupid WWE. The highest pop of the night was when jericho was about to win. Man a jericho vs. hardy rr match would have been awesome. Damnit.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11087 on: December 18, 2007, 04:13:17 AM »

When is John Cena due back?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11088 on: December 18, 2007, 06:21:43 AM »

The ECW tag match wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Pretty nice finish even though I have no idea where they are going with this. I would assume Henry and Big Daddy V will get a run at the tag titles on SD.
Kind of doubt it they are paired together to further their own feuds with Punk, they are after his Title, and it was a way of giving them a victory over him without them winning his title.

The show was solid.  Hopefully The Major Brothers will get a big heel push...
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11089 on: December 18, 2007, 05:38:24 PM »

When is John Cena due back?

DONT ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if we forget about him maybe he will go away *prays(

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11090 on: December 19, 2007, 06:13:25 PM »

I'm shocked nobody has posted about this DVD, it looks amazing!

For fifteen years fans have looked forward to the over-the-top sports entertainment every Monday night, and WWE Raw has always delivered. The longest-running original entertainment show in television history, with more than 700 episodes, the show has had its share of wild and unforgettable moments, both inside and outside the ring, including Brian Pillman pulling a gun on Stone Cold Steve Austin, Edge and Lita's live sex show, D-Generation X's invasion of WCW, the shocking McMahon purchase of WCW, and more. This 3-disc DVD set shares those moments with fans of all ages. Get ready for sports entertainment history, including:

DISC ONE

First RAW ? January 11, 1993

Mr. Perfect vs. Ric Flair Loser Leaves WWE Match ? January 18, 1993

Parking Lot Brawl ? May 10, 1993

Razor Ramon vs. The Kid ? May 17, 1993

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty Intercontinental Championship Match
   May 17, 1993

Gorilla Monsoon Fires Bobby Heenan ? December 6, 1993

Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid WWE Championship Match ? July 11, 1994

The Search for The Undertaker ? August 1994

King?s Court with William Shatner ? January 9, 1995

Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart ? November 20, 1995

Vader attacks WWE President Gorilla Monsoon ? January 22, 1996

A Touch of Goldust ? May 27, 1996

Pillman?s Got a Gun ? November 4, 1996

Mankind vs. The Undertaker No Holds Barred ? December 9, 1996

Shawn Loses His Smile ? February 13, 1997

The Ninth Wonder of the World ? February 17, 1997

Original ECW Invasion ? February 24, 1997

Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog WWE European Championship Match-
March 3, 1997

Bret Speaks His Mind ? March 17, 1997

Flag Match ? United States vs. Canada ? July 21, 1997

Stone Cold Stuns the Boss ? September 22, 1997

Bret Screwed Bret ? November 17, 1997

Sable in a Sack ? December 8, 1997

Gold Meets Water ? December 15, 1997

Christmas with DX ? December 22, 1997

DISC TWO

?Tyson and Austin!?- January 19, 1998

DX Special Report ? February 2, 1998

Dumpster Diving ? February 2, 1998

Formation of the New DX- X-Pac Returns ? March 30, 1998

Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon ? April 13, 1998

DX Invades WCW ? April 27, 1998

DX Nation ? July 6, 1998

Zamboni 3:16 ? September 28, 1998

The Debut of Mr. Socko ? October 5, 1998

McMahon?s Cement Corvette ? October 12, 1998

Bang 3:16 ? October 19, 1998

Mankind wins the WWE Championship ? January 4, 1999

Stone Cold Beer Truck ? March 22, 1999

Monster Truck vs. Town Car ? April 19, 1999

Mean Street Posse vs. the Stooges ? May 10, 1999

The Greater Power Revealed ? June 7, 1999

Y2J ? August 9, 1999

Rock: This is Your Life ? September 27, 1999

Bossman Sympathy ? November 8, 1999

What Happens in Vegas? ? November 29, 1999

Jericho not the new Champion ? April 17, 2000

Shane Purchases WCW ? March 26, 2001

Milk-o-Mania ? August 20, 2001

Triple H Returns ? January 7, 2002

Past Meets Present ? February 18, 2002

Worlds Unite- Bischoff Hugs Vince ? July 15, 2002

DISC THREE

?The Rock? Concert ? March 24, 2003

Kane Unmasks ? June 23, 2003

Musical Chairs with Eugene ? July 5, 2004

Evolution Turns on Randy Orton ? August 16, 2004

Are you ready for some wrestling? ? November 22, 2004

Batista Turns on Triple H ? February 21, 2005

Shelton Benjamin vs. Shawn Michaels ? Gold Rush Tournament Match
May 2, 2005

John Cena Drafted # 1 to RAW ? June 6, 2005

Edge / Lita Wedding ? June 20, 2005

Shawn Michaels turns on Hulk Hogan ? July 4, 2005

Jericho is Fired ? August 22, 2005

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle - WWE Iron Man Match ? October 3, 2005

A Stone Cold Homecoming ? October 3, 2005

Eric Bischoff Trial ? December 5, 2005

Edge / Lita ? Live Sex Celebration ? January 9, 2006

DX Impersonates Shane and Mr. McMahon ? June 26, 2006

Edge vs. Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena ? Triple Threat Match for the
WWE Championship - July 3, 2006

Edge vs. Shawn Michaels ? Street Fight ? January 22, 2007

Shawn Michaels Returns! ? October 8, 2007

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1186
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11091 on: December 19, 2007, 06:28:09 PM »

I think it's a shame they don't acknowledge when Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko and Saturn made their debut on Raw.  Benoit the character/Benoit the murderer = two different people........I hope that they would see most wrestling cans deter that information.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11092 on: December 19, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

I think it's a shame they don't acknowledge when Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko and Saturn made their debut on Raw.? Benoit the character/Benoit the murderer = two different people........I hope that they would see most wrestling cans deter that information.
Mmmm, that's questionable really.  A lot can, and although i realise they were two seperate people lines often blur, people like to think that Eddie and Benoit's emotional embrace at WM20 was the real guys embracing not 2 guys merely acting for the crowd.  True no matter what he did his matches are still excellent and he was to a large extent playing a role but for many, watching him it'll go through people's heads, since the incident i haven't been able to watch any matches involving him, maybe in time WWE will change their minds but if they don't, they i have no issue with it and understand.

The selection of stuff for the DVD is top notch, Flair's last match, Jannetty's IC Title win, The Kid pulling the big upset, Heenan getting fired, classics from '93, I love that early stuff!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11093 on: December 19, 2007, 08:51:36 PM »

The selection of stuff for the DVD is top notch, Flair's last match, Jannetty's IC Title win, The Kid pulling the big upset, Heenan getting fired, classics from '93, I love that early stuff!

That is some great looking stuff... That Flair match.... Didnt they cut that off, and make us wait until the next week to see the result... Bot they could really fuck with us before the net  hihi
Rasputin
« Reply #11094 on: December 20, 2007, 02:20:11 AM »

wow that dvd looks awesome

about ECW, witch apparently noone watches

i cant believe Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang won!!   Cheesy

Shannon is my favorite wreslter and doesnt get much appreciation so it was really cool to see him win, especially against more than jobbers like Duece & Domino!

though i do kinda like Morrison too  Tongue
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #11095 on: December 20, 2007, 04:55:08 AM »

Wrestling isnt the same wrestling I liked in the Attitude Era.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #11096 on: December 21, 2007, 12:58:47 AM »

Wrestling isnt the same wrestling I liked in the Attitude Era.

i think a lot more pople like the Attitude Era mutch better then right now.  but i can wantch matchs from the 80s and still be happy

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11097 on: December 21, 2007, 11:02:02 AM »

Raw this week was...odd

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11098 on: December 21, 2007, 12:06:19 PM »

Raw this week was...odd

I think absolutely putrid is more describing of it.

I would rather go back 13 years and watch The Goon vs. Brooklyn Brawler anyday than watch these numbnuts out there today.  Professional Wrestling is about characters....it's about storylines....it's about heels vs. faces and the most absurd shit you can think about.  Who the fuck gives a shit about these assholes out there today?  If you want super ripped guys doing real wrestling go watch MMA.  I'd rather have the story lines of the 80's and 90's anyday.

Rick Rude stealing Jake Robert's wife.
Hogan and Savage fighting over Elizabeth.
DiBiase buying the Big Bossman then getting attacked by him.
The legendary matches between Bret Hart and pretty much everyone. (Bret was one of the few that could use the technical wrestler as a gimmick and succede with it.)
Hogan and Taker's feud.
The amazing tag team division with teams that had gimmicks.

Wrestling today is just sorry.  I feel sorry for the younger kids that never got to experience the golden era of wrestling (Hogan up until Austin/Rock) because you would have gotten to be really entertained. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11099 on: December 22, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »

Raw this week was...odd

I think absolutely putrid is more describing of it.

I would rather go back 13 years and watch The Goon vs. Brooklyn Brawler anyday than watch these numbnuts out there today.? Professional Wrestling is about characters....it's about storylines....it's about heels vs. faces and the most absurd shit you can think about.? Who the fuck gives a shit about these assholes out there today?? If you want super ripped guys doing real wrestling go watch MMA.? I'd rather have the story lines of the 80's and 90's anyday.

Rick Rude stealing Jake Robert's wife.
Hogan and Savage fighting over Elizabeth.
DiBiase buying the Big Bossman then getting attacked by him.
The legendary matches between Bret Hart and pretty much everyone. (Bret was one of the few that could use the technical wrestler as a gimmick and succede with it.)
Hogan and Taker's feud.
The amazing tag team division with teams that had gimmicks.

Wrestling today is just sorry.? I feel sorry for the younger kids that never got to experience the golden era of wrestling (Hogan up until Austin/Rock) because you would have gotten to be really entertained.?

How about Savage loosing to Warrior in a Career Ending Match after dropping five elbows on the Ultimate Warrior and he got up, then Liz comes down to his aid to protect him from sensational sherrie and hooking up with macho man and getting married at SUMMER SLAM and Jake The Snake wrapping up a King Cobra and having it bite macho man at his wedding setting up Macho's return to action where he went after Jake, who was having his own problems as Undertaker was Turning his FIRST WWF face on him and going after Jake also.  Now that was a well thought out and well played storyline.

Or Jake the snake being "blind" siince Ric the Model Martel sprayed his spray bottle in his face setting up their famous BLIND MAN MASK MATCH.  Building up to the match they showed how Jake was training without sight for the match, and then in the match Martel seemed lost and whenever Jake point around as soon as he was pointing at the model the pop from the crowd was so loud. That's a story line.

How about Tatanka's Entrance to the WWF when he went undefeated for 2 years before loosing via Countout to Ludwig Borga on Saturday Morning Wrestling.  That was a Storyline they played over and over.

Now look, Raw claims "SNITSKY" is Undefeated on Raw.  I am sorry but I didn't eatpaint chips or sniff glue to the point I can believe anything you try throwing at me.  Just because he died his teeth and shaved his head and came back doesn't make his record void. 

The whole vince chant on how he hates flair so much and doesnt want him to get hurt so as soon as he looses he has to retire. I mean come on UMAGA getting counted out last week because he broke the ring barrier, I mean this is the same guy who GOT UP after Triple HHH hit him with a sledge hammer about 5 times in the head.

Not to mention the title scene.  Crusierweight Title was HUGE in WCW back in the day. (Malenko, Jericho, Rey, etc) Now its reduced to being a joke.

They have two tag belts and what maybe two full time tag teams, (Redneck Crew and Londrick are the only two teams I would classify as fulltime tag teams and they dont even have the belts)

Intercontinel Title. It used to be defended at every PPV now its just sitting on Hardy instead of promoting the next level or generation of main eventers with it the Man with a Title shot at the PPV is holding it again so this will be the 3rd PPV its not defended at, SS, ARM, Rumble.)

Competition in retail creates best prices and best products for consumers.

Competition in wrestling creates the writers and staff to put on a better show then the rest.  When they were going Head to Head every monday night, and Nitro was 2 and then 3 hours long each week seemed like  PPV event.  WWE was PUSHED to do everything possible with great stories to use their stars and smaller payroll of talent to beat WCW and the big dollar stars they were buying.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: