Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 849898 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1100 on: May 08, 2004, 10:38:37 AM »

They could include the RNR Express, Midnight Express, the Road Warriors, Hart Foundation, Owen Hart and Davey Boy Smith,Dudley Boys, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson, Edge and Christians, the Hardy's (before Jeff started botching every move), Demolition (The best LOD ripoff team), and assorted other tag teams.

Yes, except that the Dudley's are horrible.

How you could include Edge and Christian in there without including the New Age Outlaws is beyond me. The presence they had as a tag team was fucking incredible. I remember when the WWF tried to turn them back to being heels the crowd were having none of it, and they were still cheered. They had to change their characters significantly for it to happen, turning them into pricks during the second incarnation of DX (which I detested, the one where they bought Benoit etc. over).
DX were always supposed to be cool heels, bad guys but the crowd loved them all the same. But because it was hard for them to be complete heels their characters all turned into fuck ups and it made DX a joke.

Kane and X-Pac during their brief time to. X-pac was great. Again, his character was turned into a tosser on the heel change, he had great potential and could have gone far if not for his back injury. But the Kane X-pac matches were great, high flying moves with the big red machine. You couldn't ask for much more in a modern day WWF match.  smoking

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1101 on: May 08, 2004, 12:30:01 PM »

DX were awesome, Road Dogg had the best mic skills of any wrestler...ever.

Its a shame there gone - but whats a bigger shame is no half decent stable has followed.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #1102 on: May 08, 2004, 01:37:33 PM »

DX were awesome, Road Dogg had the best mic skills of any wrestler...ever.

Its a shame there gone - but whats a bigger shame is no half decent stable has followed.

Road Dogg's act got stale QUICK.  I'm actually glad he is gone. He has lax wrestling skills and all the the other Armstrongs were  better than him.  I would actually like him back for nostalgia though, like the Cat when he was on Smackdown.  The only problem is he is now a fat bloated drug addicted shell of his former self.  Don't believe, look at some of the latest pictures of him now:

Sorry buddy, but the truth hurts. Nostalgia only goes so far with has beens.  Look at Hulk Hogan for god sakes.

P.S. The New Age Outlaws were popular from about November 97 to October 99, after that the fans were very hostile about their stale act and didn't really react at all after that to it.

I'm also not sure of one match they did that I liked a lot other than the Wrestlemania 14  Dumpster match which I would put on the DVD actually.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 01:48:07 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #1103 on: May 08, 2004, 01:58:30 PM »

They could include the RNR Express, Midnight Express, the Road Warriors, Hart Foundation, Owen Hart and Davey Boy Smith,Dudley Boys, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson, Edge and Christians, the Hardy's (before Jeff started botching every move), Demolition (The best LOD ripoff team), and assorted other tag teams.

Yes, except that the Dudley's are horrible.

Yeah,  so in your opinion 1995-2001 didn't exist.  Their act is stale now, but they just need a new gimmick.  Returning to the Tie Dye Shirts and bringing back Joel Gertner would be one

How you could include Edge and Christian in there without including the New Age Outlaws is beyond me. The presence they had as a tag team was fucking incredible. I remember when the WWF tried to turn them back to being heels the crowd were having none of it, and they were still cheered. They had to change their characters significantly for it to happen, turning them into pricks during the second incarnation of DX (which I detested, the one where they bought Benoit etc. over).

Uhh, only because Edge and Christian are:

1. Much more athletic (Yeah, a Pump Handle Slam is real athletic)

2. have Better Teamwork

3. Had much better and much less stale mic work

4. Were more popular

5. Had better matches (TLC matches, Single matches, Table matches, anything)

6. Much more entertaining skits (Midget Dudleys,Midget Hardy's, Old Hardy's, or Motha Vey and Levon anyone)

7. Did not milk the team for all it's worth and let it's team be apart for 3 years and let Edge and Christian leave breakup before it got too stale and turn into self parody (like the Outlaws)

8. Spear beats the Pump Handle Slam any day

9. Unprettier is better than the Fameasser

10. Road Dogg cares more about Cocaine than entertaining the fans.

11. Billy Gunn has NEVER had Charisma

12. Edge and Christian's material with Kurt Angle (Matches and Skits)

and that's about all I can say for now.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Evolution
« Reply #1104 on: May 08, 2004, 03:16:57 PM »

ah the dudleyz vs the hardys vs e and c.those were the days!wots ever ones favourite superteam? i enjoyed rock n sock myself although they do demean the regular tag teams
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1105 on: May 09, 2004, 01:07:22 PM »

Yeah there have been plenty of good tag teams but hell for every good one there have been 10 awful ones even the supposed 'Greats' i believe have '?' over their ablities.

My top 3 tag teams of all time are; Demolition, The Rockers & The New Age Outlaws.  Now before anyone points out these teams weak points [Like The New Fiona Apple did with TNEA] these teams are my top 3 just because i like them.  When it comes to 'Wrestling' skills only The Rockers were any good out of these 3 but i just loved Demolition's gimmick image wise they looked like a cross between KISS & M?tley Cr?e and due to some great teams and overwhelming popularity they had some classic matches especially their best 2 out of 3 match with the Hart Foundation.  As for The New Age Outlaws, Billy Gunn does have charisma not lots but that's why they had Roadogg, i believe Gunn was underated in the ring and the Fameasser is better than the Unprettier IMO.

I am not being negative about Edge & Christian though they were great in the ring, out of it, all round basically i cannot fault them.  The Hardy Boyz in the ring they were ok, i don't think they were that good as wrestlers, Matt has since shown himself to be superior than Jeff who was never anything special as far as i am concerned he was just as dumb as Mick Foley.  Since their tag team days Matt has learnt what a microphone is and his Version1 gimmick is great, i guess Jeff probably still can't use one now he is someone who lacks charisma.

The Dudley Boyz career is over and has been for a while they were great in ECW, good in WWE but remember it was the novelty of 'The Tables' and 'Hardcore' style they brought to the company.  Now the novelty has worn off, D-Von & Bubba are not special at all in the ring if i was Vince i would cut my losses and let them go.

The Road Warriors or The Legion of Doom whatever you may know them as are Tag Team Legends and will forever be.  What has to be remembered though is that they were medicore in the ring when at their best, it was the gimmick that ruled the ring much like Demolition & The New Age Outlaws.

Even these supposed greats were not always as great as people would like to remember and over the past few years there have been some truly awful teams;
The Bad
The Bushwhackers
The Beverly Brothers
Well Dunn
The Godwinns
The New Rockers
The Headbangers
Billy & Chuck
LOD 2000
The Bolsheviks
The Conquistadors
The New Blackjacks
D.O.A.

The Good
The Rockers
The Powers of Pain
The New Age Outlaws
Demolition
The Brain Busters
The Road Warriors
The Rock N' Roll Express
The British Bulldogs
Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
Evolution
« Reply #1106 on: May 09, 2004, 07:12:21 PM »

right how about some raw predicitions folks?

batista beats tajiri:well its common sense really hihi

Shelton Benjamin beats HHH:HBK screw hunter out of the win thus setting their feud up for bad blood

Eugene beats Conway:no way will conway beat him after all the build up 4 eugene

Randy beats Edge:it wouldnt surprise if edge wan as this is close!but i think randys ic loss will be saved 4 ppv

Jericho beats Christian:possibly this will be made into a no.1 contendership match or something?y2j will win building him up for his match with chris benoit down the line.

this from www.wrestling exposed.com

Diamond Dallas Page's in-ring return will be at Dusty Rhodes' show this Friday in Miami. DDP will be facing Johnny Swinger.

Mordecai worked house shows over the weekend and was said to be very impressive. WWE is really going to step up his in-ring entrance with various pyro's and darkness throughout the arena. As we have been reporting, he is expected to work some sort of program with The Undertaker upon his debut.

looks like it was mordecai's hand popping out the grave on smackdown

According to popular news tabloid, The National Enquirer, there has been yet another domestic dispute involving Steve Austin and his ex-fiance, Tess Broussard.

Apparently Tess Broussard jumped out of Austin?s moving vehicle during an argument. This led to Austin calling the San Antonio police. According to Austin, Broussard made an attempt to bite or attack him while he wwas trying to call the police. However, Broussard claims that Austin attempted to strike her with his vehicle. She claims that Austin called the police before she did to try to hide that fact. According to The Enquirer, the couple had been drinking earlier that night.

oh god.was has happened to steve??

Jim Ross and Jeff Hardy have been talking about a return for Jeff, but WWE's major demand is that he enter rehab before appearing on TV. As of this writing, Jeff Hardy is still against entertaing rehab, as he does not feel it is necessary.

looks like jeff's return will be later rather than sooner
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1107 on: May 10, 2004, 01:46:47 PM »

raw predicitions
batista beats tajir
HHH beats Shelton
Edge beats Orton by dq
Jericho beats Christian beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #1108 on: May 10, 2004, 07:27:50 PM »

i heard hirohito's debut was scheduled for this evening so my guess is tajiri will be on the verge of upsetting batista wen hirohito distracts tajiri and dave picks up the duke and its tajiri/hirohito at bad blood
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1109 on: May 10, 2004, 09:05:17 PM »

bautista over tajirir

shelton over HHH like someone said HBK interference

Edge over randy orton new IC champ setting up rematch at bad blood

christian over jericho via help from tyson setting up some kind of jericho vs tyson bad blood match

eugene to win no problem no one is gonna lose their debut

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1110 on: May 11, 2004, 03:04:13 PM »

Latest word in the WWE world is Brian Lawler has been fired already Smiley, Steiner is done with WWE and will just ride out his contract which ends at the start of 2005 WWE feel he is too injury prone and Konnan has been telling folks he will be going to WWE in a few weeks for talks supposedly Vince does not like him but he is a good friend of Eddie Guerrero's and he may be given a contract as a favour to Latino Heat
Evolution
« Reply #1111 on: May 15, 2004, 08:38:10 AM »

god smackdown added a whole heap of rubbish onto judgement day.mordecai looks interesting tho.on smackdown a promo for kenzo suzuki aired putting paid to the hirohito angle
Evolution
« Reply #1112 on: May 15, 2004, 09:35:29 PM »

looks like its judgement day prediction time!!

- WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield.

Winner:Eddie Guerrero

- WWE Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas & Rico, with Miss Jackie, vs. Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn.

Winners:Charlie Haas and Rico(i love rico on smackdown!)

- WWE U.S. Champion John Cena vs. Rene Dupree.

Winner:Rene Dupree(im still undecided but im leaning to rene at this point as he needs this win more than cena)
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jacqueline vs. Chavo Guerrero, with Chavo Classic. Chavo will wrestle with one hand tied behind his back.

Winner:Chavo Guerrero(no way jackie will retain,smackdowns booking squad could be that stupid could they?? nervous

- The Undertaker, with Paul Bearer, vs. Booker T.

Winner:The Undertaker(im certain for this one)

- The Dudley Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio.

Winners:The Dudley Boyz(A screw job win for the duds)

- Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie

Winner:Torrie Wilson(why would u even consider booking this on JD?Huh)

- Mordecai Vs Unamed Opponent(likely to be either Shannon Moore or Funaki as they have lost to mordecai on house shows and i guess its down to however makes him look better)

Winner:Mordecai(i for one am exciting to see the mordecai gimmick in action)

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1113 on: May 16, 2004, 06:14:06 AM »

WWE Judgment Day Predictions

WWE Championship Eddie Guerrero vs John Bradshaw Layfield
Winner = Eddie Guerrero

WWE Tag Team Championship Rico/Charlie Haas vs Billy Gunn/Hardcore Holly
Winners = Rico/Charlie Haas

WWE United States Championship John Cena vs Rene Dupree
Winner = Rene Dupree

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Jacqueline vs Chavo Guerrero
Winner = Jacqueline

The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer vs Booker T
Winner = The Undertaker

The Dudley Boyz vs Rob Van Dam/Rey Mysterio Jnr.
Winners = Rob Van Dam/Rey Mysterio Jnr.

Torrie Wilson vs Dawn Marie
Winner = Dawn Marie

Mordecai vs Shannon Moore or Funaki
Winner = Mordecai
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1114 on: May 16, 2004, 08:28:36 PM »

WWE Judgment Day Predictions

Winner = Eddie Guerrero

Winners =Billy Gunn/Hardcore Holly

Winner =John Cena

Winner =Chavo Guerrero

Winner = The Undertaker

Winner = Dawn Marie

Mordecai vs Shannon Moore or Funaki
Winner = Mordecai

Will some0ne be posting the winners up as they happen?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1115 on: May 17, 2004, 08:38:19 AM »

OK Judgment Day sucked i will only post the results i refuse to write a review, not something ive done before but it really was awful;

Winner = JBL by DQ

Winners = Rico/Charlie Haas

Winner = John Cena

Winner = Chavo Guerrero

Winner = The Undertaker

Winner = Torrie Wilson

Mordecai vs Scotty 2 Hotty
Winner = Mordecai

I scored 4 out of 8, Malcolm scored 5 out of 8 and Evolution got 5 out of 8, Fuck i did crap, the event was crap, least i expected was to get my predictions correct
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1116 on: May 17, 2004, 08:51:36 AM »

That good huh? A smackdown ppv doesn't hold much interest for me any more - i didn't even record it - u take the Undertaker from Smackdown and its not even wortrh thinking about let alone watching.....

ps. Stoned ur avatar doesn't show up for me - whats it supposed to be?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 08:52:55 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1117 on: May 17, 2004, 08:56:59 AM »

That good huh? A smackdown ppv doesn't hold much interest for me any more - i didn't even record it - u take the Undertaker from Smackdown and its not even wortrh thinking about let alone watching.....

ps. Stoned ur avatar doesn't show up for me - whats it supposed to be?

It's a picture of Nikki Sixx..............anyway what are you on about Smackdown not even being worth watching you got Hardcore Holly, Scotty 2 Hotty, Rikishi, The Basham Brothers, JBL, The FBI with guys this good how could they go wrong rofl

And from www.backstagewrestling.com
As of right now there is absolutely no talk going around concerning Hulk Hogan returning to WWE anytime in the near future. The latest Hogan news is that he hosted a favorite videos show on VH1 last night, playing his favorites from Van Halen, Guns 'n' Roses, and more.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 09:15:26 AM by SIXX [STONED] » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1118 on: May 17, 2004, 11:00:24 AM »

WOW thanks for this site dude..ive never seen it before...

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1119 on: May 17, 2004, 11:07:48 AM »

K Raw predictions...Im goin for Triple HHH Or chris Jericho to win the battle royal..Thats the only match i know of..when i find out ill post the rest

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: